The Chateau Diaries #21 Peep shows, Creep shows, Tour drama overflows

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am certain that the DB Debacle was born out of revenge. And spite. And jealousy. Revenge and spite directed at DB arising from the (crazed) Facebook fan page spat. Jealousy aimed at the stratospheric success being enjoyed by La Jarvis which must stick in the craw at Trotter Towers and the Rented Pile, both of which were dropped by the ETTCDIY production company and neither achieving anything like the cash stream seen at Chateau Jarvis.

Two targets, one missile.

I'm not suggesting for one second that DB's planned Grand Tour and the manner in which it seems to have been organised shouldn't be open to scrutiny and be 100% above board. However, I doubt that the "carefully worded" communique was put on Facebook out of genuine concern for anybody who might have parted with money on something which was - potentially rather than patently - less than honest.

DB's name was not mentioned ("carefully worded" - mindful of litigation) but you'd have to be pretty thick not to put 2 + 2 together. Having said that, there were some pretty thick people in the comments who questioned who the communique might refer to. As you'd expect, the protagonists of this covert mission couldn't contain themselves and the comments turned into a feeding frenzy of resentment and character assassination, the piranhas stirred up by the moderators of the page on which the "carefully worded" communique appeared).

The protagonists ended up looking pretty jolly silly. The missile they launched didn't take out the target/s as planned. They effectively shot themselves in the foot. A rather grudging retraction/explanation was issued. It was all a great misunderstanding. Comments disallowed. War over. For now.

Lalande's role in this rather pathetic power play may seem a bit tenuous. But I am absolutely certain that as far as Ma Trotter - the stage school mother, convinced of her offspring's rightful place at the top of the pile - is concerned, SJ and her success is dreadfully unfair. The stage school mother (Mercenary Matriarch) fails to realise that her son, the potential cash cow, has squandered the opportunity to amass mega bucks simply because he lacks the application and (questionable/limited) talent/s to make the most of his opportunity.

Meanwhile SJ powers on, the funds roll in. For the time being, the road to Lalande is paved with gold. But Stephanie should beware of potholes that could take the wheels off the gilded carriage.
There's certainly a very big chip on the Trotter shoulder. It would be hilarious if Sean the builder's new channel takes off and eclipses the DIO and Pethericks.
Sean certainly did a lot right in his first video. Introduced himself, showed his home, some B-roll, then his copper things. Next video Ryan or M will join. Third video a trip to local town, maybe some kids? Let's see, he does seem nice, but will he allow Michael and Billy to film him working on their property? 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
At least someone will be taking care of the chickens. There's bound to be plenty of chicken footage.
Till they are tired of them and suddenly they will announce the fox got them. They didn't even cleaned up the shed after the last chickens were gone. Just left everything the way it was. Lucky they didn't have rats. Should have disinfected everything before letting new animals in.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Checked out the prelaunch of Chateau diy. Facebook page video clips of several Chateaus. Leland is not one of them. Checked sparks media website several pics of Chateaus no lalande. Clips and pics of Le Fluer on both. It does appear D&A are distancing themselves. It's same production company that produces all the Escape to the Chateau series.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Well said. Things should stay on this page. As for someone tweeting to Catholic pages, they would meet with bafflement. At the time of the Moonie wedding, the chapel was a rundown deconsecrated building on private land in the back of beyond . It's since been consecrated for Isabelles wedding. I think the fears around Catholics being offended by someone taking sneaky pics of their girlfriend in lacy undercrackers in the chapel is a bit OTT. Worse things have happened in churches believe me. I am a practising Catholic myself and found it amusing.

I love the idea of a collection after service. 😂
As a practising Catholic I find the concern round the use of the chapel amusing. This building, until Isabelles wedding, was a deconsecrated rundown building on private land. In the city I live in we have former churches used as cafes, restaurants, convenience stores, one was a nightclub for a while. A friend lives in a converted church. I think the concern re offending Catholics might be a tad OTT. Someone taking sneaky pics of his girlfriend in lacy undercrackers is just funny. Worse things have happened in churches. The chapel is not open to the public. If SJ was holding orgies in the local village church then that would be different..
Missing the point. Chapel reconsecrated to get used for Mummy's wedding. Then a fan pays for mass to be said in it. SS suddenly finds religion when she realises it hits the spot with some of her little old dears or the US bible belt fans. Goes up the route of touting for expensive nativity figures because as usual it has to be expensive that she gets instead of something she probably could've bought locally at a fraction of the price. But she's got to have fancy schmanzy nativity because it is all for show & the camera. So it is the hypocrisy of her acts. Laughing off others concerns when they didn't like the altar being used as a buffet table, using the chapel as a party spot. Then standing gazing up at the stained glass windows clasping her hands like one of the saintly figures. So which is it. SJ finding her deeply religious soul or SJ pretending she really really has a deeply religious soul?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Reading all the comments has made me think about past phenomenal ‘shows’ that have hit the TV screen over the past few years and I ask myself, “where are they now?” This is based on UK TV, but it will be the same type of show in all countries - just different titles.

Talent shows - that launched many careers (where are they now 😗) quizzes, dance, skating, baking, cooking, and of course the legendary ‘Big Brother’! They start, they rise, they shine .... and then they fall like shooting stars from the sky!

SJ and the rest of the vloggers have a limited time on our TV screens, so will have to rely on the internet and (for now) YouTube. If any of them want to maintain and increase their presence (and income) they will have to up their mark and become far more professional - including LOLL! We, the viewing public, will expect far more in the years to come - especially with the increasing vast array of YT’s content - that most of the ‘amateurs’ will fade just away, if their content and filming isn’t improved and subject fit for purpose.

For Tattlers outside UK you may not realise that the TV Channel which broadcasts the Chateau series, isn’t regarded as a ‘major’ channel.

Someone mentioned Twitter - I don’t know if the Chateau has a Twitter thread - but I will have a nosey over there and check.

Dana will be handy to know when SJ needs a proper job! Question will be though, who would employ a 45 year old woman who has no experience of the real world or work experience. Difficult to place, even with a Oxford education.
I don't think she will ever need to work. She has enough now and she will inherit from Isabelle and Percy. Gerry will help her out, too and so all her other friends if need be.

Reactions: 12
Sean certainly did a lot right in his first video. Introduced himself, showed his home, some B-roll, then his copper things. Next video Ryan or M will join. Third video a trip to local town, maybe some kids? Let's see, he does seem nice, but will he allow Michael and Billy to film him working on their property? 😂
I too thought that Sean's video was pleasant until he showed a ramshackle old barn that he plans to make into a shop/workshop and my hackles immediately rose and I thought he's gonna grift for that! Watch this space!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Something seems off in the videos of late . I get the lockdown means no trades for Upgrade but there’s no Selmar working . Could it be he’s woken up to the donkey work he’s made to do ? He’s done a fantastic job really for a carpenter. I noticed a change from when he had a neck injury reappeared. The lack of care for him after he literally broke his back and then used that broken back to try lifting the chateau, dispicable

Reactions: 14
Another classic example of gaslighting. Minimize everyone else's feelings or morals and try to make it appear whatever she is doing is no big deal. Basically the narc is always right and anyone who dares question or express their feelings or morals is wrong. It's how these aholes get away with everything.

Is SJ bi? There's definitely a sexual vibe to the point of the relationship when Marie wrote that.
At the time I definitely though Stephanee was bi. All that cuddling on the chaise with Marie in the kitchen, and on the bed. Lots of hugging. Throw the dynamic sexy Dana into the mix (who was not SJ's frenemy at the time but one of er best chums) and I was convinced that her sexual preference was fluid. Maybe it was just a way of bonding people to her. to do her bidding?

Reactions: 7
Château dictionnary

Gustavo:
male prostitute with expensive tastes 🕺🍾🎁💎

Madrid syndrom: stricto sensu, long journey to have some bedroom activities in a very expensive hotel in the middle of a pandemy ✈🧢👬🍸 🕶🍾
Flexible version, long journey to have some bedroom activities in a very expensive place 😏🍹

To be continued

I don't think she will ever need to work. She has enough now and she will inherit from Isabelle and Percy. Gerry will help her out, too and so all her other friends if need be.
Probably not from Percy. He has 3 children.

Probably not from Percy. He has 3 children.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
You're right of course. She has grifted all this time getting away with not having to do any work. Now, we'd all do that I guess if we could. But what is to her eternal shame is that she has portrayed herself as broke, that she lives in a freezing ramshackle building where her ageing mother is draped in layers and blankets & where she has to strap a hotwater bottle to herself to keep warm. If those who gave her money for the upkeep of her home chose to look at her Instagram pages they would see the reality of her life. Party, holiday, shopping, party, holiday, shopping and repeat. If the punters actually rationalised that why should they go to work to pay for her not to go to work. Or why should they cut back on something in order for her to indulge in something. Or they didn't have a holiday last year but they don't mind her having one because she is so lovely and smiley then they would see what nitwits they are. As for it just being about the money I think it is so much more than that. She needs attention. An empty vessel who needs other people's adoration in order to survive.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Dana is not French even though she studied at Sorbonne university in Paris and now works for the local unemployment agency in La Châtre.
Maybe she could find La Folle Fanée a job or is that mission impossible?

I don't know, Philly - will you ever get a job?

Indeed it is Philly, except that YT's a platform for content creation and not a psychiatric facility.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Two Rivers media has investment from Channel 4. D&A are now with two rivers based in Glasgow. It's probably signed with channel 4 from the looks of it. Chateau diy is with channel 4. SJ isn't showcasing on any of their websites. Le Fluer is showcased multiple times. No Trotters as well. SJ didn't say anything about the alleged stealing of MPK design. I personally don't think that's how it went down. She's distancing from MPK in order to try to maintain a relationship within the channel 4 production companies.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.