The Chateau Diaries #21 Peep shows, Creep shows, Tour drama overflows

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Must be a British thing… I’d love to read here a post regarding Lalande life in Spanish. There is definitely a double standard when it comes to these things, but what can you possibly expect from an online forum?
True. That article is about UKTV though. I mentioned awhile back that Nati's interview would have been better subtitled and her answering in Spanish. It was frustrating to see her struggling for words and not being able to answer in the detail she would like.

Reactions: 2
There’s a Sundays at the Chateau on tonight
In the promo pic, SJ is looking up into the vaulted architraves of Bourges cathedral, wrapped in a full-length, pure white coat. Her head is thrown back and her hands are held high in a prayerful stance (you can't make this tit up)--a sooPAIRB and sacred space!--and she's thinking,

I caught the cesspit worker looking up my skirt, I know I did... I wonder if he likes me. I’d hit that... So the Dyson hair curler was 500 Euros, ha! Stupid f@$%ing patreons... I wonder if Mummy likes me... I NEED the complete Dyson line, so that will be the next big purchase... I really am surrounded by simpering fools. SO glad I didn't have to be the one to hand over the dinner voucher to the mother of the fashion scholarship brat--I couldn't stand to be in the same room! Thanks, Facetime. If my bespoke dress is not cut sufficiently low in front, I will SCREAM.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
The thumbnail has LOLL looking so very pious in the cathedral too. Wonder if she’s figuring out the buffet layout and where to hang the disco ball.
There's lots of discussion about the chapel on earlier threads. If you use the search function, you will find plenty to read about. :)

Reactions: 5
I don't make these rules, people.

View attachment 459936
In the UK, we are not as easily damaged by the use of accents - indeed the majority of us have a regional accent of some description. We don't take ourselves quite as seriously as you appear to and we have the ability to laugh at ourselves without becoming self-righteous. Is it acceptable to have an American impersonating a Brit? We see it often enough without getting our knickers in a twist.
The episode you refer to was in relation to the use of a derogatory term. Are you seriously drawing a comparison?
In "Nati's" post, the figure of fun was SJ - a privileged British, white female and not Nati. I appreciate that American humour needs to be far more obvious but we seem to be better able to distinguish between gentle humour and overt racism.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 17
There's lots of discussion about the chapel on earlier threads. If you use the search function, you will find plenty to read about. :)
Oh I did... which is why the thumbnail caught my eye. She’s quite responsive to Tattle, it seems. She’s also trying to draw in new members of the Chateau Mafia but needs that fake veneer of religion to pull it off with the Bible Belt.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Missing the point. Chapel reconsecrated to get used for Mummy's wedding. Then a fan pays for mass to be said in it. SS suddenly finds religion when she realises it hits the spot with some of her little old dears or the US bible belt fans. Goes up the route of touting for expensive nativity figures because as usual it has to be expensive that she gets instead of something she probably could've bought locally at a fraction of the price. But she's got to have fancy schmanzy nativity because it is all for show & the camera. So it is the hypocrisy of her acts. Laughing off others concerns when they didn't like the altar being used as a buffet table, using the chapel as a party spot. Then standing gazing up at the stained glass windows clasping her hands like one of the saintly figures. So which is it. SJ finding her deeply religious soul or SJ pretending she really really has a deeply religious soul?
Sorry I'm new, I meant to respond to, (but couldn't find the post,) someone suggesting putting Twitter posts out on Catholic sites,as Catholics would be offended by the hypocritical use of the chapel? ( which you can't do as it breaks the rules of Tattle?) My answer to that is most Catholics wouldn't care two hoots about some private chapel in the back of beyond, which is not open to the public. I appreciate what you say about Stephanie playing at religious stuff, that's a different matter, lots of people try out religions as a fashion, for fun or to see if they like them, look at Madonna . The Catholic couple buying an annual mass to the saint presumably watch the vlogs and aren't bothered by Stephanies antics. Agree she might lose some fans from the more fundamental branches of Christianity, especially in the Bible belt.

Reactions: 7
Sorry I'm new, I meant to respond to, (but couldn't find the post,) someone suggesting putting Twitter posts out on Catholic sites,as Catholics would be offended by the hypocritical use of the chapel? ( which you can't do as it breaks the rules of Tattle?) My answer to that is most Catholics wouldn't care two hoots about some private chapel in the back of beyond, which is not open to the public. I appreciate what you say about Stephanie playing at religious stuff, that's a different matter, lots of people try out religions as a fashion, for fun or to see if they like them, look at Madonna . The Catholic couple buying an annual mass to the saint presumably watch the vlogs and aren't bothered by Stephanies antics. Agree she might lose some fans from the more fundamental branches of Christianity, especially in the Bible belt.
Um. SJ is not 'trying out' a religion. I am pinching this quote from @Marquis de Potpourri as it totally sums up what is totally wrong with her faux religious interest.

"Your argument is valid if Stephanie Jarvis is a non-believer, but Stephanie Jarvis isn't a "non-believer," is she? (Unless she's lying) She has expressed multiple times in her vlogs to have been baptized and raised in (and follow the traditions of) the Roman Catholic Church. Thanks to her wonderful grand-mere (no irony--seems like she truly was a wonderful lady), SJ cherishes her upbringing in that faith. Also, the Chapel of St. Joseph in Lalande is a consecrated oratory of the Roman Catholic Church. For those reasons, SJ is expected to follow the Canon Law of the faith she says she adheres to even if only in keeping the sacredness of the chapel. If she is going to use the chapel for whatever she pleases, she should have it de-consecrated."

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I agree with @Princess and the Pea, the issue isn't whether the chapel is public or private but whether it is consecrated or not. Most Catholics I know would find it distasteful for a consecrated chapel to be used for parties or for B&B guests to use it to take lingerie shots.

This is the same Stephanie who was so "touched" that she cried after a Mass in the chapel celebrated by a relative (son/brother?) of the former owner.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I agree with @Princess and the Pea, the issue isn't whether the chapel is public or private but whether it is consecrated or not. Most Catholics I know would find it distasteful for a consecrated chapel to be used for parties or for B&B guests to use it to take lingerie shots.

This is the same Stephanie who was so "touched" that she cried after a Mass in the chapel celebrated by a relative (son/brother?) of the former owner.
I agree, it is very distasteful and I'm not Catholic or religious in the accepted sense of the word.

Reactions: 10
In the UK, we are not as easily damaged by the use of accents - indeed the majority of us have a regional accent of some description. We don't take ourselves quite as seriously as you appear to and we have the ability to laugh at ourselves without becoming self-righteous. Is it acceptable to have an American impersonating a Brit? We see it often enough without getting our knickers in a twist.
The episode you refer to was in relation to the use of a derogatory term. Are you seriously drawing a comparison?
In "Nati's" post, the figure of fun was SJ - a privileged British, white female and not Nati. I appreciate that American humour needs to be far more obvious but we seem to be better able to distinguish between gentle humour and overt racism.
You're right @Jeeves.
We obviously have a' Woke' person in our midst. Could it be Gwyneth Paltrow in disguise? Do they need a time out with goop and a smelly candle? BTW, both she and Madonna have both taken the Mick out of English people and impersonated them. Madonna, will forever more be affectionately known by her British alter ego as Madge in my book. 😍

I like a good accent Mickey take and an irreverent poke at the establishment.

There is as you say a distinct difference.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
You know what. If I have genuinely offended anyone I wholeheartedly apologise. But from the number of :ROFLMAO: & ❤ & I (y) I got from my 'Hola dis is Nati' posts led me to believe that it was taken in good fun. I have great respect for people who speak English when it is not their native tongue. In the midst of all of the outrage about the Chateaux antics sometimes it is good to have a bit of light relief which is what I thought I was doing. To be chastised by someone who calls a paid employee 'help' perhaps shows more about how they regard people from a Latin background than me. So I will stop being Nati..but hey I may become Selmar or Marie - so sue me 🤣😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
All I know is that both their lawyers have worked on it for a long time.
“widows pension” where from ... UK? No such thing any longer. She would only be entitled to her ‘Old age pension’ providing she had contributed to it of course - if not - just of Derek’s. They may have had private pensionsa?
All these vloggers make my blood boiling.
Lalande in Bourges, Ryan in Saumur and Angers, Sadie P. wandering in Paris, Billy and Gwen going somewhere for the weekend etc etc....
All for the sake of videoing !
Meanwhile the rest of us respects the rules and don't meet because we want the situation to go back to normal as soon as possible.
They will say that travelling is legal in France blah blah blah. Missing the point entirely. And forgetting (as Clara said) that only "essential travels" are "recommended".
Soon there will be another hard lockdown if this continues...maybe for Easter !
An Easter full lockdown won’t deter the rabble that will be descending on Lalaland!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.