The Chateau Diaries #208 Dan who is not the man akka "Manless Dan"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
By Nicki Fairfraud's standards, you are beyond elegant if you starch your underwear.
Also, the other day, the missus and I were literally talking and wondering about how parents back in the day washed soiled cloth diapers. :ROFLMAO: ;)
Elegant hint number one…a diaper service! No idea if they even exist any more. My mom considered going anywhere without one truly roughing it.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Organic food should be the norm and not require the label the rest should be labelled toxic. Food quality is definitely better in France than the UK
I remember staying with a friend in Maine and going to the supermarket whilst waiting for her to finish work and searching for the fresh food section - it was tiny - and being quite befuddled by the aisles and aisles of processed food; that was 20 years ago now. NZ supermarkets have processed food ofcourse, but nothing compared to the US stores that I've been into. I remember going to shops in San Francisco and Sacramento and they were more 'healthy' in portion size and type of food than the Maine coast.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
This Rosemary Baker is dropping a lot of truth bombs on the live chat! With no sign of PhiPhi, Nutti, or SJ, she is roaming wild and free!

cd753.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Rentals are mostly owned by people who came to Canada with money… so mostly Chinese investors with their millions of laundered money, who literally buy apartments in bulk, or occasionally other people of course.
There are rental companies too who own multiple buildings and run them as a business, but their quality is not very good at all… most of them don’t even have in suite laundry and people have to go to the basement and use shared laundry! 😱

I’m assuming you meant how much would it be to rent… depending on how old or new the unit is, and if it’s rental company or personally owned… a 2 bedroom 1000 sqf apartment near where I live (downtown Vancouver) could be between $2500-$4000 a month. Which is wildly expensive! Considering the same people who pay these rents, won’t qualify for a mortgage of same amount, but also because of high rents, they can’t save up for a down payment.

It’s a vicious cycle…we drink kombucha to cope 😂
We rent in Portland, Oregon. We live in a very nice neighborhood with shops and restaurants within walking distance. We have a two bedroom, two bathroom, open plan apartment with all the mod con, air conditioning, washer/dryer, dishwasher. The building is fairly new with a lobby, full size elevator and onsite manager and maintenance person. It's very quiet and all the residents living here are nice and polite. We even have get togethers sponsored by management. Our rent, including secure gated covered parking and some shared building utilities like garbage, water, and recycling come to about $3,000 per month. We pay top price for safety, space, conveniences and an upscale neighborhood. Anyplace nice is expensive. We looked at cheaper places but I'm so done with shared laundry facilities or no laundry, off-street parking, dark apartments with old appliances, etc. and really crappy landlords!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I remember staying with a friend in Maine and going to the supermarket whilst waiting for her to finish work and searching for the fresh food section - it was tiny - and being quite befuddled by the aisles and aisles of processed food; that was 20 years ago now. NZ supermarkets have processed food ofcourse, but nothing compared to the US stores that I've been into. I remember going to shops in San Francisco and Sacramento and they were more 'healthy' in portion size and type of food than the Maine coast.
My husband had to go to an exhibition in US recently and he just couldn't find any fresh fruit unless you had a car and could drive to the mall. I lived in NY for a bit years ago and you could always get fresh food but the pack sizes of say crisps (chips) just blew my mind.

VQWBI3NXww2NYQ6PQ-b4wvmw=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

CasperP@Rosemary Baker because it is being fixed shortly

pzpmPXyfTdwXqqUupFHmCDaC=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

christine brownHi Maria B

ZZfXgTrGowAEdXtVgZMjswLA=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Tracy Llewellyn@M Parker I guess it is FABULOUS!!! lol

VQWBI3NXww2NYQ6PQ-b4wvmw=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

CasperPoh how exciting @M Parker

l1rwqewZK1wEG2Tmesssc0Zw=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Cynthia Lambert@CasperP we are not feeding the trolls today
🙂

3-cwZqYcH8IJT5LTkCTR-rqI=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Rosemary Baker@CasperP And in the meantime it's okay to party?

ssZDx5R47VPUTrXlSaNJHAdQ=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

M Parkerok, which room do we think this coverlet would suite best?

mqOwju83OgRoSZZwr4Bcddqw=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Lin GellIsabelle is hilarious !

pzpmPXyfTdwXqqUupFHmCDaC=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

christine brownHello Isabelle Jarvis

VQWBI3NXww2NYQ6PQ-b4wvmw=s64-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

je_kXaAH2lhgch7AhsLMrSKA=s64-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

😝
😝

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Maybe they are spending a lot of time on figuring out products they can sell so they can have things get easier over time.
I think this may be a future direction.
Anna posted pics on ig recently of the mural she painted in a bathroom for Chateau DIY.
She wrote about developing a line of wallpaper as one of their future projects going forward while developing 'their brand'.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Rosemary Baker@Cynthia Lambert Yes very cute. She can throw it over the rubble when the walls come crumbling down...

Rosemary BakerWhy is nobody asking questions about the danger of the room next door that she said was collapsing?

l1rwqewZK1wEG2Tmesssc0Zw=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Cynthia LambertSad little people cannot bear it when others are happy and thriving. Ever notice that? They feel that they must discredit them. But the rest of us are all having a lovely time, right, gang?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
also the calorie content of chicken has not been altered since the 1950's. The chicken of today is a very different beast pumped full of antibiotics, growth hormones and really much flabbier and chicken has become such a staple. I try to buy organic where I can but appreciate not always possible, bit when you see a chicken for £5 you know it can't be good. Veg all wrapped in plastic and packaging pumped full of gas, sugar and e numbers slammed into food so even if people try to eat well they are buggered
So true! Understanding, even if it’s only for oneself, that not all calories are created equal makes a difference as well. We have community garden plots available and I have friends with organic farms nearby so I’m lucky. Most aren’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
TWO years ago Fanny was supposedly busy choosing and ordering the wallpaper for this room. Natti managed to film the cracks in the wall quite well too….
i guess that heap is even longer cracked than Fanny herself...that heap is a ruin since the second worldwar.. 🙄 maybe even longer..thats also why she doesnt take action..those cracks were there already before Fanny...its getting worse...thats certainly true..but i dont think it will callapse this year..nor the next ten years..its just an excuse to get in more money....playing poor pity me...and meanwhile she is off sitting in a hot climate with her grifting punami in a pool...getting drunk...

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Believe it or not Obesity has been classified as a disease, all these years being told what to eat how to eat and how to be thin.... and it may be hereditary, hormonal and a disease. It is not as simple as joining weight watchers.... I feel for people who have weight issues and hope that those that don't have some empathy it's a struggle . It's like being told that you can just fix your heart disease, cancer or diabetes by making better food choices it's a struggle
My opinion on obesity is that it is a combination of mental issues, boredom and availability of crap snacks. They eat to not think about the situation.

Also the huge plate sizes in north America isn't helping either. There is no way I can eat that much. Even salads were served in large bowls.

i guess that heap is even longer cracked than Fanny herself...that heap is a ruin since the second worldwar.. 🙄 maybe even longer..thats also why she doesnt take action..those cracks were there already before Fanny...its getting worse...thats certainly true..but i dont think it will callapse this year..nor the next ten years..its just an excuse to get in more money....playing poor pity me...and meanwhile she is off sitting in a hot climate with her grifting punami in a pool...getting drunk...
I'm not sure it doesn't need immediate attention. The beam is sagging lower than grandma's tit's.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Yet needs someone to buy her a dustpan & brush? wow..
that girl seems to own nothing?? omg.. :eek:

My opinion on obesity is that it is a combination of mental issues, boredom and availability of crap snacks. They eat to not think about the situation.

Also the huge plate sizes in north America isn't helping either. There is no way I can eat that much. Even salads were served in large bowls.

I'm not sure it doesn't need immediate attention. The beam is sagging lower than grandma's tit's.
yes lol...but no grandma even lost her sagging tits...:LOL: mostly those cracks just go further a few milimeters a year..or that beam is rotten..thats a different piece of cake...btw i hope the beam collapses...that will teach that grifting witch...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm going to disagree, regarding Phillipa. No way on God's earth can Phillipa be described as a country bumpkin, no way. I mean, can you imagine it digging a trench? We don't even see it walking outside the chateau unless it's clutching the accoutrements to set up al fresco dining! Imagine if your ewe was having difficulty lambing, would you immediately think of Phillipa to call on for assistance?
At the same time, sophisticated he ain't. Let's settle for the village idiot. Mildly entertaining but basically useless when the practicalities of life have to be dealt with.
And remember, when Armoire needed help in working out how to fit the paneling into the not so grande salon, he naturally and probably enthusiastically turned to Phillipa. Says a lot for the Master Craftsman, doesn't it?
Please don’t impugn the good name of village idiots worldwide. They might take exception to his being lumped in with them. I’m sure the Village Idiots Guild will want to have a word with you regarding said offense.🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
How do we know you aren't doing an SJ and you really are in an airport going somewhere? :LOL:
Unfortunately I don’t have a news paper handy to take a pic for you… this is the best I can do without looking like a crazy person to everyone in the lounge 😂😂

E63EFE66-7839-48D7-A101-D12EBD993091.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Rosemary Baker@Cynthia Lambert Yes very cute. She can throw it over the rubble when the walls come crumbling down...

View attachment 1887979
Rosemary BakerWhy is nobody asking questions about the danger of the room next door that she said was collapsing?

View attachment 1887983
Cynthia LambertSad little people cannot bear it when others are happy and thriving. Ever notice that? They feel that they must discredit them. But the rest of us are all having a lovely time, right, gang?
oh miss Lambert again...we have a saying here...spuit elf geeft ook nog modder... 🙄 meaning something like....hose 11 also gives mud...that woman really has no brains...sad little people, and being jalous etc...come on...i guess Fanny should be envious of me...certainly not the other way around...at all...:LOL: i have more class in my little finger than she has in her whole grifting botoxed body...btw does botox enters the brains?? :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.