The Chateau Diaries #208 Dan who is not the man akka "Manless Dan"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been resisting commenting on the fat issue up until now. I have struggled with my weight my entire adult and much of my adolescent life. It's no fun being overweight to the point of feeling bad about oneself. I have dieted, and exercised to the point of exhaustion. I once lost 70 pounds in 9 months, it just about killed me and I gained all of it back. I have gone to therapy, read self help books, been scolded by doctors, bribed and shamed by my parents and other family members to no avail. I admit that I have a food addiction issue. It started when I was very young. I was rewarded with food and learned to soothe myself with chocolate. I love to cook and I love to eat, but that's not the problem. I'm not into fat shaming anyone but I also don't normalize being fat. We are not meant to be fat like walruses and other animals that make their habitat in very cold environments. When I go to the doctor, all my numbers are good except the scale. I know I'm playing roulette with my health as one day I may develop a fat related disease. I keep trying. I know I can do it. It's just the doing of it on a daily basis for the rest of my life. The motivating drive I have is I love really nice clothes. I have several beautiful pieces in my wardrobe just waiting for me to fit into them. I'm right in between the high end of missus and plus size and I'm very stubborn and won't buy the plus size clothing. It also never fits me correctly anyway in the neck and shoulders. I do believe that my food addiction problem is the same problem for most, if not all, obese people. Everyone has to eat, so it's not like you can just stop like with alcohol or drugs. Wish me well, fellow Tattlers I really appreciate all of you. Merci!
This is one of the reasons I wish we could communicate directly and privately over email or something. Sadly singe volants ruined that possibility.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Excellent point about processed foods and scratch cooking. It’s a damn shame quality ingredients are outrageously expensive. Especially when compared to factory produced foods! What a detriment to society all in the name of profits!
That’s so true about mass produced factory foods and farming. I was in the grocery store and needed an orange for a recipe. The store was out of oranges except the more expensive organic, so I bought one of those. I couldn’t believe the difference in quality…it really was so much better and the flavor was more intense. I guess we get so used to the cheap, mass produced foods that it becomes normalized.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Dan, Potts and Pheeph all photograph her. Potts and Pheeph share salient personality components -- very provincial party boys, not sophisticated at all. Country bumpkins. I did notice when Dan was allegedly doing some video for SJ, back in the day, there was a clip of him directing her from behind the camera very masterfully and SJ lapping it up. I can see Selmar doing fake masterful with the tango (wink wink) lessons, for public performances, which have the exhibitionist aspect she loves.
I nearly passed out when we found her crotch flashing her blue-haired guests publically performing the tango with the, uh, handyman.
It's curious how so often she sleeps with men who work at the shitoo -- no longer even emerging to look for rich men. And when she meets a well-to-do man with a title and real estate she lusts after, like the conde of the palazzo what's his face, she is as intimidated on camera as she was of the somewhat sophisticated menu of the restaurant Dan took her to.
Clara has described how SJ leaves every party early to do upstairs and shop with her support squirrel. There may be a big social anxiety problem here....avoidant social anxiety and N appear to be close rellies.
I'm going to disagree, regarding Phillipa. No way on God's earth can Phillipa be described as a country bumpkin, no way. I mean, can you imagine it digging a trench? We don't even see it walking outside the chateau unless it's clutching the accoutrements to set up al fresco dining! Imagine if your ewe was having difficulty lambing, would you immediately think of Phillipa to call on for assistance?
At the same time, sophisticated he ain't. Let's settle for the village idiot. Mildly entertaining but basically useless when the practicalities of life have to be dealt with.
And remember, when Armoire needed help in working out how to fit the paneling into the not so grande salon, he naturally and probably enthusiastically turned to Phillipa. Says a lot for the Master Craftsman, doesn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Well well well...look who's feeling confident enough to yet again show something prerecorded as if in realtime, and in this case already shown in a previous flog. Nothing matters to Stephanie Jarvis, obviously. She partying elsewhere, suckers....

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
also the calorie content of chicken has not been altered since the 1950's. The chicken of today is a very different beast pumped full of antibiotics, growth hormones and really much flabbier and chicken has become such a staple. I try to buy organic where I can but appreciate not always possible, bit when you see a chicken for £5 you know it can't be good. Veg all wrapped in plastic and packaging pumped full of gas, sugar and e numbers slammed into food so even if people try to eat well they are buggered
My vet said never give non organic chicken to your dog….. he didn’t mention the owner… maybe he thought I looked to old to bother😂

• Haha
Quick questions... who owns the rental apartments? Private landlords (small or big numbers), pension funds, government or others?
How much would the two bed 1000sqf be to buy? Here in Dublin, Ireland rents have gone so high (even with rent protection zones restricting annual increases at 2%) that rents can be higher than mortgage repayments. We have a shortage of housing stock with 60k Ukrainians who have arrived during the last 10 months seeking accommodation and many asylum seekers. These 'refugees' are being put into office buildings, ex convents, scout centres, hotels, ex army buildings and even tents in sub zero night time temps. The hotels want their space back for the tourist season while yet more refugees arrive each week.
It has created tension as there are many people who have low income and have been on the housing list for years who feel they have been queue jumped.
Rentals are mostly owned by people who came to Canada with money… so mostly Chinese investors with their millions of laundered money, who literally buy apartments in bulk, or occasionally other people of course.
There are rental companies too who own multiple buildings and run them as a business, but their quality is not very good at all… most of them don’t even have in suite laundry and people have to go to the basement and use shared laundry! 😱

I’m assuming you meant how much would it be to rent… depending on how old or new the unit is, and if it’s rental company or personally owned… a 2 bedroom 1000 sqf apartment near where I live (downtown Vancouver) could be between $2500-$4000 a month. Which is wildly expensive! Considering the same people who pay these rents, won’t qualify for a mortgage of same amount, but also because of high rents, they can’t save up for a down payment.

It’s a vicious cycle…we drink kombucha to cope 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
This mudroom episode should have been one vlog not 3 or 4 or even 5 maybe. Next how they choose the bleeping colour and then how she paints it and how he installs some lights. I love Benoit but I don't want to see him again. I am starting to feel he gets used. I hope he let's them pay well. I really hope they get soon started on something huge.
Having "discovered" (ie - like Captain Cook discovered the 'new' world - the locals already knew it existed) vlogs during the first Covid Lockdown, I now can see vloggers padding content and stringing out one job to be many vlogs vs vloggers providing excellent content very very clearly and I don't like it. :(

• Heart
Reactions: 10
That’s so true about mass produced factory foods and farming. I was in the grocery store and needed an orange for a recipe. The store was out of oranges except the more expensive organic, so I bought one of those. I couldn’t believe the difference in quality…it really was so much better and the flavor was more intense. I guess we get so used to the cheap, mass produced foods that it becomes normalized.
Organic food should be the norm and not require the label the rest should be labelled toxic. Food quality is definitely better in France than the UK

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Noncheap for me thank you 😂 Anyone who farms or gardens knows the true value of fresh vegetables. It is why I scream at the screen when Fanny eats Macdonalds and only goes into the garden for one raspberry and some parsley. She is so wasteful and does not appreciate the good fortune she has in having not only a huge garden but possibly three gardeners too, and that she does not use and support local trade is shameful. ‘Hello Fresh’ goodbye local community.
Did the fleuries do a better ad than Fanny for hello fresh….?

• Heart
Ok… this tartlet is off to somewhere hopefully less gloomy than Vancouver these days!

Stay fab friends!
Au Revoir!

image.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It reminds me of the similar situation when one is asked for money by a ‘friend’. Initially, the person pleading for monetary assistance is humble, meek, eager to earn your trust. Once the payback period arrives, they become distant, irritated and the aggrieved ‘friend’.
They are shocked that you question their integrity. How dare you remind them of the agreed upon payment schedule. You are paranoid and cynical, how could you inquire where the money actually went, once you see they have purchased some high end items. You are accused of only caring about money, not them and their situation. The tables turn and you are now the enemy, because of the reminder that they are beggars and never had any intention of adhering to the agreement made.

They begin to avoid your calls, texts and get overly defensive about the return of your cash. Eventually they bad mouth you, become verbally abusive to your latest query and then finally, they ghost you. Yes, these people are sharks, and you got played.

Write them and your money off. Lesson learned, never again.
I was once asked by a friend to borrow money for the rent. So since I know I tend to forget things like that I immediately made a note in the calendar to remember to check if he paid it back- prepared for a situation like you described but I still wanted to give him the benefit of doubt. But somehow I forgot to transfer the money. So months later I stumbled upon my note and immediately checked if he has send me the money - no. I was upset and immediately called him and was ready to make a scene and get my money back when he told me that I never send him the money. And he thought I didn't want to and didn't ask again. Embarrassing 😔

Noncheap for me thank you 😂 Anyone who farms or gardens knows the true value of fresh vegetables. It is why I scream at the screen when Fanny eats Macdonalds and only goes into the garden for one raspberry and some parsley. She is so wasteful and does not appreciate the good fortune she has in having not only a huge garden but possibly three gardeners too, and that she does not use and support local trade is shameful. ‘Hello Fresh’ goodbye local community.
Hello Fresh only fills the landfill

• Haha
  • Heart
Well well well...look who's feeling confident enough to yet again show something prerecorded as if in realtime, and in this case already shown in a previous flog. Nothing matters to Stephanie Jarvis, obviously. She partying elsewhere, suckers....
Thanks for confirming, I thought I might have had déjà-vu.
Also, Rosemary Baker you are a champ. 💪👑🏆
Rosemary Baker.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
The trouble is the woke mob are normalising obesity, I agree it's not nice to fat shame anyone, I do dressmaking as a hobby, and the last couple of years indi pattern companies are using obese, and sometimes really obese femail models on the covers of their patterns. The world has gone completely bonkers.
I agree to some extent that Obesity is what you put in your mouth and how much you move your body. I was talking more about people that have metabolism issues and despite their best efforts have difficulty loosing weight. I also agree that many people choose poor diet, sugar and flour and carbs over healthy plant based/omnivore diets and fast food as a way to fuel their bodies then sit around on computers, phones or gaming etc. To be a healthy weight one must adopt a healthy lifestyle..... not sure if I contradicted myself but the previous post was more about the "new thinking" and not that I agree or disagree, just that some people struggle derail done

• Heart
Reactions: 10
By Nicki Fairfraud's standards, you are beyond elegant if you starch your underwear.
Also, the other day, the missus and I were literally talking and wondering about how parents back in the day washed soiled cloth diapers. :ROFLMAO: ;)
Before my son was born, 36 years ago, I rigged out his nursery and bought 24 expensive terry towelling cloth nappies, together with a trendy nappy bucket too. Within a couple of days of him eventually coming home from hospital, (he was 4 weeks premature), I had ditched the cloth nappies for the disposable type - for obvious reasons! Just far too much hard work when there was a more convenient alternative!
When I was downsizing a couple of years ago, I found all his nursery items up in our loft. He didn't want it as he has no children. Everything sold within minutes on FB as "vintage" nursery stuff was obviously on-trend. especially when in pristine condition.

• Heart
I starch my underwear…does that make me elegant? 😆

On the topic of mothers-to-be and “nesting”…when my mom was pregnant with me (her first child), she washed and ironed all of my cloth diapers! Only did that one time. She admits she was insane at the time! 😆
I’m the oldest surviving child in my family. My baby book is a classic exercise in other the top mid century motherhood. There’s a lock of hair, birth announcements, ridiculous pictures, notes on first words, even formal diaper pins! All saved in this scrapbook! My poor little brother’s baby book contains a lock of hair and the hospital bill! Perhaps Nico needs to take lessons in diaper changing since he’ll be going after the elegantly elderly demographic.😎

• Heart
  • Haha
Yes Fleurie's much better for hello Fresh-what marketing manager thought Fanny would be a good fit she eats tit and has the palate of a rodent. Mr Smug obviously thinks he is a connoisseur of great food and wine. I am surprised he hasn't started a vegetable garden as they do like to eat well. Fanny's food is always devoid of vegetables apart from massacred courgettes in the summer. Why anyone in rural France would want to use Hello Fresh I have no idea-there is an abundance of locally grown produce even supermarkets try to buy from with their region. Both Fanny and Mr Smug say it saves you money what utter tosh-it is fine if you're a single urbanite but for a family forget it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Halt, peasants! Did you know that you can live more elegantly this year by starching your table napkins?
It's time to watch and learn from the mistress of elegance.
View attachment 1887632
he thinks its very elegant to have patreons paying for his lifestyle...omg..this guy is even worse than the fleuries....to live elegant...paid for by strangers...you cant make it up... :eek: well i guess he is too old to be a kept boy...lets try the grannies....oh so elegant...with his silver teapot and napkins...i wonder what darkroom he strolls in at night...🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.