The Chateau Diaries #208 Dan who is not the man akka "Manless Dan"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
when i see the people who are in their twenties here..they all want big houses...big expensive cars...luxery kitchens etc...they all want what the other has..its much more worse than when i was 20..they hit eachother up..to buy things they really cant afford..they both have to work long days to pay for it all, kids in childcare , grannies must do the cleaning and the washing ....people behave like sheep these days...all following eachother..and they dont realize you only have one life..and when something goes wrong they are ruined before they know it..

so i suspect the whole conversation in that heap is about chateaux, how to buy one...how to grab money..etc...i dont think there is one decent conversation going..its all fake..and all the people involved want a chateau...and they dont even have a clue how to pay for it..or even how to maintain it all..and how much work is involved...so stupid...a chateau is no fairytale it mostly is a big uncomfortable and moneydraining burden... :rolleyes: a nice farmhouse is much nicer..and when things change in your life,,,also much easier to sell again...so you can move on..with money left...

when i watch Carol and Adrian...i think omg..when are they going to be able to enjoy that place....never gonna happen...when that place is finished they are old...and they cant keep it even up. back then...those grounds..those rooms...the outbuildings...and places like that always need a huge amount of money to maintain and work...but i guess when your old age is still renovating like Bill and Viv..and you enjoy it... its fine...it would not be fine by me...

we enjoy the place here...but when i live in the cottage now...i think oh thats so convenient..its nice and warm...clean in a jiffy..today i had to check the roof and the gutters of the big house...we had a lott of wind...and yes...we are missing rooftiles again...i thought oh my god...there we go again... :eek:
My sentiments exactly.
I spent over 5 hours today speaking to various UK Tax departments in order to receive answers to letters that they had recently sent to me, which ultimately caused me much anxiety. Only to discover, that their letters and the figures quoted within them were, obviously, incorrect! As my FA and I had previously discussed in order to avoid paying unnecessary tax.
The last conversation I had was truly the most enlightening. Without the Gov employee actually telling me what I should do (some calls are obviously recorded), she advised me not to make a certain large payment as in the longer term, it wouldn't really be worth making regarding my State pension and/or future tax situation. RESULT! It defo pays to cultivate a good relationship with others from the outset - BUT, I do that naturally as that is who I am, and, have always been.
What a few of these delusional Chateau Verse idiots don't realise, is that they will have to pay tax - whether now, or, in the years to come.
My working history is 100% a clear slate and very obviously documented - but these owners not such the case. SO, they will have to be very careful in the future regarding their tax situation. Bad enough in the UK, let alone via different countries involved.
And, as you have eloquently stated @Le Comte de Monte Cristo, smaller, cosier, easier to maintain residences are the order of the day to live a peaceful and stress feel life that is affordable and with no e-begging involved either. ❤

Reactions: 13
Halt, peasants! Did you know that you can live more elegantly this year by starching your table napkins?
It's time to watch and learn from the mistress of elegance.
View attachment 1887632
I starch my underwear…does that make me elegant? 😆

On the topic of mothers-to-be and “nesting”…when my mom was pregnant with me (her first child), she washed and ironed all of my cloth diapers! Only did that one time. She admits she was insane at the time! 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Good evening, Tartlets and Tartgents! I am just catching up after an incredibly busy few days, and see you all have been a chatty lot. 🤪

Annaliese's dirty car (not the stock footage Macca Mobile one): she is a working mum with full custody of two children (it's not like the littles are having sleepovers at Dan's roofless Chateau), and Dan borrows her car. While it is a hot mess, Annaliese is doing the best she can, doesn't have a maid nor nanny, and is probably exhausted just trying to feed them, keep up on laundry, housework, homework, and spending time with them when she gets home. While it wouldn't hurt her to keep a small rubbish bin in there, it wouldn't kill Dan to clean and wash the car for her once in a while- he seems to have a lot more free time on his hands.

@Karma baby! - enjoy your holiday, soak up that sunshine in Punta Cana, and share some picts with us! It is freezing right now, even in SW Florida!

@Beachgirl - good on you for wanting to re-upholster your sofa! There is a fantastic synthetic leather called Ultra Leather (which is used in luxury cars and sailboats)- measure out how much material you would need and look on eBay- often, you will find a deal on remnants. It is relatively easy to sew (with a heavy duty sewing machine). I re-upholstered my interior boat cushions in it in 2014 (the factory ones were a hideous pink burlap, and was quoted $18K to have them recovered 😯) myself for far less (I used my Sailrite sewing machine, but an old school serger with a leather needle would have worked fine.) You'll need to use a heavier thread (I used Sailrite's V-92 because it is what I had on hand, which may be a bit much for a regular machine.) After 10 years (and much abuse), they still look amazing! (With boat cushions, it's a bit different, as they need to breathe, so the backs are done with Pfifertex mesh and zippers.)

I haven't followed Angelina Ballerina and Phil's channel in a while, so may have to watch a few to see what the fuss is about. Did Phil actually finally BUY the rented Chateau?!?

The Fleuries- just watched their latest vlog (mudroom), and am in agreement with you all- the dogs (how RIDICULOUS was Ziggy when Benoit drove up with his friends?!?) and Benoit are the highlight. I'm not sure what is going on, but (I am probably the only Anna and Philipp fan left on here after "Candlegate"), but the vlogs as of late have just felt a bit off.

As to Kathy, either you love Kathy or you don't, just like marzipan. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Kathy is just living her life, vlogging about it (she does not have a Patreon), and stating her views. While the majority of us do this with our anonymity safely ensconced behind a keyboard, she is out there calling it as she sees it, which is kind of bad-ass in a way- Kathy is a honey badger and could give two forks whether one likes her or not. While I may not agree with her on everything, none of us are perfect- if you were, you certainly would not be on a gossip site (although it is ridiculously fun!) At the end of the day, no matter what shade you 15 trolls and 3 hags throw at me, I'll still adore you (I have thick skin) and will just blame it on your menopause. But, goodness, there is no need to attack Kathy's physical appearance!

And, to end this rant on a positive note, @Beachgirl here is the interior of my sailboat with its Ultra Leather interior:
View attachment 1886171
Thank you so much for this information. I had a lot on my mind last night and was not sleeping so I read your post at 0145. At 5am still going down the world of ultra leather, which seems like a perfect solution. I had looked online and couldn’t find any in the UK so will investigate some marine upholstery websites. I’m not deciding on my sofa until I’ve found my new home but have decided to try it on a smaller project such as my dining chairs and a high leather kitchen chair/stool. I agree that my sewing machine probably wouldn’t be powerful enough. I’ve hired an industrial machine before so that wouldn’t be a problem.
I love the interior of your sailboat and this is what kept me awake the rest of the time.. Memories of my sailing days. Looking at your navigation table reminded me of the Admiralty sea charts I had when I passed my navigation exams. Do you still keep those onboard incase of an emergency. I love charts which gave me the idea of framing one or 2 for my house. I then spent ages trying to remember the last time I saw mine, I’m sure they must be in my attic somewhere. After that I then started planning room decoration in coastal colours, I eventually went back to sleep at around 0630 and woke at lunchtime So thank you for giving me a later than planned worry free sleep. 😂😂😂
My 3 Pinterest boards for my new home 😂😂. I’ve added pink so that it doesn’t become a typical coastal home.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Dan is a dick. Not a cute smiling one with wings either. A nasty scrawny, stanky one. Dan the gardener must not have minded too much that Annalise got pregnant the first time because they obviously have two kids now. Dan and Annalise are grown adults in their 30’s and know how babies are made. We don’t know what happens behind closed doors in any relationship, BUT Dan was obviously the problem. Dan is still the problem. Annalise is not perfect, no one is, but I hope she is counting her lucky stars every day to no longer be together with Dan.

“Oh, how can you say that, how do you know?”, some sweet tartlets might be asking. Because I have eyes, ears and common sense and have seen what they have voluntarily shown me and the entire internet. I am also an amazing snap judge of character and a little bit psychic.
Practically his first video showed him being mean to Annalise in the brico.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

On the topic of mothers-to-be and “nesting”…when my mom was pregnant with me (her first child), she washed and ironed all of my cloth diapers! Only did that one time. She admits she was insane at the time! 😆
I would say uncomfortable rather than elegant.😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Where on earth is he getting all his money from is my question to buy new teeth, a ruin, go on holiday, buy a car, a new editing laptop, rent somewhere to live and still pay parental maintenance for his sons? Surely Patreon isn't doing all that and from the lack of his recent YT vlogs, neither is YT doing so either. :unsure:
Last fall, a food-influencer I follow posted to their social media an email offering a free cosmetic surgery (pick from a list!) in Turkey in exchange for posting the experience on their social media. This influencer posted shock that they received such an email, but I expect that’s how Dan got his new teeth. It was all expenses paid in exchange for this vlogs on the surgery and how luxurious the hotel experience was.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Last fall, a food-influencer I follow posted to their social media an email offering a free cosmetic surgery (pick from a list!) in Turkey in exchange for posting the experience on their social media. This influencer posted shock that they received such an email, but I expect that’s how Dan got his new teeth. It was all expenses paid in exchange for this vlogs on the surgery and how luxurious the hotel experience was.
Great sleuthing. How am I in no way surprised by your comments! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10

By Nicki Fairfraud's standards, you are beyond elegant if you starch your underwear.
Also, the other day, the missus and I were literally talking and wondering about how parents back in the day washed soiled cloth diapers. :ROFLMAO: ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Halt, peasants! Did you know that you can live more elegantly this year by starching your table napkins?
It's time to watch and learn from the mistress of elegance.
View attachment 1887632
I am a sad twit I starch my napkins ha ha

Thank you so much for this information. I had a lot on my mind last night and was not sleeping so I read your post at 0145. At 5am still going down the world of ultra leather, which seems like a perfect solution. I had looked online and couldn’t find any in the UK so will investigate some marine upholstery websites. I’m not deciding on my sofa until I’ve found my new home but have decided to try it on a smaller project such as my dining chairs and a high leather kitchen chair/stool. I agree that my sewing machine probably wouldn’t be powerful enough. I’ve hired an industrial machine before so that wouldn’t be a problem.
I love the interior of your sailboat and this is what kept me awake the rest of the time.. Memories of my sailing days. Looking at your navigation table reminded me of the Admiralty sea charts I had when I passed my navigation exams. Do you still keep those onboard incase of an emergency. I love charts which gave me the idea of framing one or 2 for my house. I then spent ages trying to remember the last time I saw mine, I’m sure they must be in my attic somewhere. After that I then started planning room decoration in coastal colours, I eventually went back to sleep at around 0630 and woke at lunchtime So thank you for giving me a later than planned worry free sleep. 😂😂😂
My 3 Pinterest boards for my new home 😂😂. I’ve added pink so that it doesn’t become a typical coastal home.
If you're not sleeping try Bach rescue remedy all herbal and it bloody well works by jove and stops your mind racing Amazon product

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Quick questions... who owns the rental apartments? Private landlords (small or big numbers), pension funds, government or others?
How much would the two bed 1000sqf be to buy? Here in Dublin, Ireland rents have gone so high (even with rent protection zones restricting annual increases at 2%) that rents can be higher than mortgage repayments. We have a shortage of housing stock with 60k Ukrainians who have arrived during the last 10 months seeking accommodation and many asylum seekers. These 'refugees' are being put into office buildings, ex convents, scout centres, hotels, ex army buildings and even tents in sub zero night time temps. The hotels want their space back for the tourist season while yet more refugees arrive each week.
It has created tension as there are many people who have low income and have been on the housing list for years who feel they have been queue jumped.
And to add many many ex service personnel who are homeless remain on the streets due to lack of housing…..
Fake Farmhouse shittaline leaving her property empty and maybe Isabel’s home too does not help.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Or get old and sick, life isn’t all roses if you love someone then it doesn’t matter if they change, physically, Love isn’t love that alters when alterations finds
Sonnet 116 - William Shakespeare.
Lovely quote.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
And we ate more meals cooked from scratch. Less or no processed foods.

Did anyone else think that FRK's new pad resembled an ikea showroom, perhaps that's what it was?
I was in Drammen back in 1983, I think I got off the train a stop early thinking I'd reached Oslo. Beautiful country... on my bucket list for a return visit, perhaps in my next (bigger) campervan.
Excellent point about processed foods and scratch cooking. It’s a damn shame quality ingredients are outrageously expensive. Especially when compared to factory produced foods! What a detriment to society all in the name of profits!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
That's very different from someone who chooses to eat rather than participate in life.
For whatever it's worth now since you are divorced anyway: choosing to eat rather than participate in life: that's the definition of someone selfmedicating a depression with eating.
if it's any comfort to you now: she was choosing life ❤
I am so sad that you - both obviously-could not see it and get proper help. Mental health still needs so much advocacy. People simply don't know stuff. How is she now?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Excellent point about processed foods and scratch cooking. It’s a damn shame quality ingredients are outrageously expensive. Especially when compared to factory produced foods! What a detriment to society all in the name of profits!
also the calorie content of chicken has not been altered since the 1950's. The chicken of today is a very different beast pumped full of antibiotics, growth hormones and really much flabbier and chicken has become such a staple. I try to buy organic where I can but appreciate not always possible, bit when you see a chicken for £5 you know it can't be good. Veg all wrapped in plastic and packaging pumped full of gas, sugar and e numbers slammed into food so even if people try to eat well they are buggered

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Although weirdos are the only kind of men in her life
They are all gross, but telling, non? Not a single man with a backbone in her life. Just henpicked men to satiate the idiot chatelaine.

What I imagine Stephanie on ice to be like...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Quick questions... who owns the rental apartments? Private landlords (small or big numbers), pension funds, government or others?
How much would the two bed 1000sqf be to buy? Here in Dublin, Ireland rents have gone so high (even with rent protection zones restricting annual increases at 2%) that rents can be higher than mortgage repayments. We have a shortage of housing stock with 60k Ukrainians who have arrived during the last 10 months seeking accommodation and many asylum seekers. These 'refugees' are being put into office buildings, ex convents, scout centres, hotels, ex army buildings and even tents in sub zero night time temps. The hotels want their space back for the tourist season while yet more refugees arrive each week.
It has created tension as there are many people who have low income and have been on the housing list for years who feel they have been queue jumped.
I don't know about Ireland but in Germany landlords don't have many rights. If the tenants decide not to pay rent and basically destroy your property and just leave you have a hard time getting your money. Usually at least a part of it is lost-I can tell from my own experience.
I know many who rather have the apartment empty than to rent out because of all the trouble. I volunteer with the community refugee orgasition and people are willing to rent out to refugees via our community because they can be sure that the rent is paid and any damage will be repaired. We have sofar no problems with Ukraine refugee and back than with Syrian refugees either. Though I am aware we are here on the countryside so have mostly families who are grateful and eager to keep everything clean and tidy. So it's been the German tenants own fault that there is a housing problem.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Flogging by nature turns them all devious they have to eke out projects to prolong the grift. They get caught up in the lifestyle thinking they are working hard and deserving, believing they are special and fascinating when to be honest some of them would struggle to hold your attention over a pint in the pub. Nearly all of them lose touch with reality and think they are somehow above their viewers, anyone who questions their motives is a hater or a troll and then they begin to resent the hand that feeds them, they find editing and filming tiresome and a grind so they just go through the motions churning out any bollocks. Then they still have people giving them glowing feedback. Initially I liked the Smug's because Anna undoubtedly has an eye for design and talent plus they worked hard, but over time they have just become entitled, profligate with others money. They think they work hard but everything is relative when you get used to doing very little it is easy to believe the slightest task is like hard labour.
It reminds me of the similar situation when one is asked for money by a ‘friend’. Initially, the person pleading for monetary assistance is humble, meek, eager to earn your trust. Once the payback period arrives, they become distant, irritated and the aggrieved ‘friend’.
They are shocked that you question their integrity. How dare you remind them of the agreed upon payment schedule. You are paranoid and cynical, how could you inquire where the money actually went, once you see they have purchased some high end items. You are accused of only caring about money, not them and their situation. The tables turn and you are now the enemy, because of the reminder that they are beggars and never had any intention of adhering to the agreement made.

They begin to avoid your calls, texts and get overly defensive about the return of your cash. Eventually they bad mouth you, become verbally abusive to your latest query and then finally, they ghost you. Yes, these people are sharks, and you got played.

Write them and your money off. Lesson learned, never again.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.