The Chateau Diaries #208 Dan who is not the man akka "Manless Dan"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's not recycleable, and usually people throw it in trash anyway because it's nasty. Usually also treated with chemicals. Just a waste of money. For all those purposes you can use..... a rag😉
I use something called an UN paper towel they are machine washable and reusable 1000's of times I got them here https://www.marleysmonsters.com/col...UiUShI7wAuEwl4pXVLkDJ2Fkq5jwNGXcaAujFEALw_wcB you can google around there are usually promo codes I got 2 sets at half off at the time - I still use a Kitchen roll but only for super nasty stuff like from the dogs

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
A school district superintendent has a doctorate degree in education, makes over $200,000 a year with an incredible retirement plan, is in charge of a multi million dollar budget, oversees 100s of teachers and administrators and thousands of students, and wields an incredible amount of power. Teaching is a profession, it's not casual labor, you are required to have an advanced degree. Calling me and my colleagues a "gang" is not acceptable, especially in an email, which is a legal document. If my principal used 'guys' at a staff meeting, that's okay, but not in written communication. I worked hard for my credentials ,and I worked hard in the classroom. If my boss wants me to respect them, then they need to respect me too. BTW, California is considered very casual overall, just not in the public sector. And I never let my students or parents call me by my first name. Call me old fashioned, I like boundaries.
I'm with you on this one.
Our old principal wore a tie every day. Funny ones, but still a tie and dress shirt. New principal always looks chic in either a dress or slacks.

I flitch when I walk into a store with my mom/daughters/friends and the salesperson says, "Hi guys!" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trust me, none of us resembles a guy...

When we teachers/staff are in front of students we address each other as Ms., Mr. or Mrs. Otherwise we use first names. However, I do refer to one of our most fabulous as Mrs. ---. It would be so wrong to call her by her first name. :ROFLMAO:

A parent calls her mom friends "my crew" and I have to admit it sounds so stupid it chaps my 🍑.

"Gang" ;) no, just no.

OK just so it is not a complete derail...
I haven't been commenting too much because I hadn't watched CD since Advent 20... Last night I watched the New Years vlog... I got creeped out by Fanny's forehead being frozen in time... And the hair. OMG the hair... Release the Kraken for God's sake!!!!

How low can someone go, that they would resort to doing a 'Hello Fresh' commercial, when living in the food capitol of the world...?????
WTH is Hello Fresh anyway? I skipped the ad, watched speed 2, and went straight to the comments...

:sick:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Well, Phil of Chateau Life has shown up in today’s convent vlog with Sean and Billy. Still no addressing of the missing wife though…

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Our house is not huge but bigger than what we had in the UK. We live out in a little hamlet of 25 houses with no access to public transport so a car is needed. We've already been saying that when we retire (ha ha) we will downsize and hopefully move into the small town which has everything we'd need and is about 10km from us as there will come a time when it will become difficult to drive. It's lovely having a bigger house and being rural but there comes a time when you have to put the practical head on. So many do this here and then eventually sell up and move back to the UK because the house has got too much for them to manage.
Your comment made me think of the parents of various friends who have retired to Queensland or northern New South Wales for the warmer climate.
Initially they have a wonderful life. As they aged their circumstances became difficult, mostly because of illness.
Eventually their friends died, their social circle diminished, and they became increasingly isolated.
This was compounded by their distance from family.

• Sad
WTH is Hello Fresh anyway? I skipped the ad, watched speed 2, and went straight to the comments...

:sick:
It’s a delivery service for meals. Or basically the ingredients you can combine with a step by step recipe card for a meal.
So if they send you … a falafel meal, you get all the necessary ingredients plus the recipe for falafel. All the ingredients are weighted or assembled to fit the amount for the receipt, so that you have no leftover.

It’s a subscription model. Meat, vegetarian, and vegan available.

hellofresh.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
A school district superintendent has a doctorate degree in education, makes over $200,000 a year with an incredible retirement plan, is in charge of a multi million dollar budget, oversees 100s of teachers and administrators and thousands of students, and wields an incredible amount of power. Teaching is a profession, it's not casual labor, you are required to have an advanced degree. Calling me and my colleagues a "gang" is not acceptable, especially in an email, which is a legal document. If my principal used 'guys' at a staff meeting, that's okay, but not in written communication. I worked hard for my credentials ,and I worked hard in the classroom. If my boss wants me to respect them, then they need to respect me too. BTW, California is considered very casual overall, just not in the public sector. And I never let my students or parents call me by my first name. Call me old fashioned, I like boundaries.
In my experience California is thought to be 'casual' but in reality, compared with Aussies and kiwis - quite uptight (much to my surprise after getting to know a few Californians and visiting there a few times).
I have worked in the tertiary sector for many years and have post grad quals, and I work/mix with Drs and Professors - we would still be okay with 'gang' and 'guys' - it is not seen as disrespectful or even unprofessional by us, a tad informal, but not an issue - I doubt anyone would blink an eye. These days students aren't required (and neither do they use) honourifics at all - lecturers are all addressed by their first names without the 'Dr' or 'Prof'.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
For all the Tartlets looking to restore their leather furniture, this has just been e mailed to me? Why I don’t know as I have no leather chairs.

Do Not Throw Away Leather Seat
New breakthrough device restores your leather items back to their day-one condition. Apparently it tells you How To Restore Your Leather In Under 3 Minutes. Along with pictures to prove it!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I use linen napkins every day. We have soooo many from previous generations and our own that if I do not use them the next lot will use them for cleaning windows
We too. And for the same reason :D

A little bit of trivia for Snorts for his next video: If the napkin stays clean we slide it into a napkin ring, that's the original reason for them and why they're all different that they don't get mixed because we're going to use them again.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
For all the Tartlets looking to restore their leather furniture, this has just been e mailed to me? Why I don’t know as I have no leather chairs.

Do Not Throw Away Leather Seat
New breakthrough device restores your leather items back to their day-one condition. Apparently it tells you How To Restore Your Leather In Under 3 Minutes. Along with pictures to prove it!
I had a mate who used to do the marketing and sales for a leather wholesaler - she told me all about leather furniture. Unfortunately most of the stuff you buy is not 100 pure leather, they strip off a thin section of the skin and back it with vinyl, so it doesn't last like a thick piece of leather would. True enough, a 'leather' chair I had started to peel off in flakey bits (albeit after 8 years I think) - whereas my pure leather sofa is still looking good. Who knew that all leather is NOT equal.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I suspect all their income is channeled through the association judging by the declaration. It certainly covers all aspects of their earnings.
here is the link
The question is how do they get the funds out to pay off the mortgage if that is the case? I have my ideas.
[/QUOTE]
Here's the English translation the two Smugs have had a big plan for a while- looks like patreon money can be used to fund the candle business or am I wrong?
S OF CHÂTEAU GONNEVILLE SUR HONFLEUR
Associations law of July 1, 1901

PUBLISHED ON: April 20, 2021
AD TYPE: Creation
RNA NUMBER: W143007503
ISSUE NUMBER: 20210016
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 213
TITLE: FRIENDS OF CHÂTEAU GONNEVILLE SUR HONFLEUR
SUBJECT: brings together the friends, protectors and defenders of Château Gonneville sur Honfleur; Its purpose is to contribute to and participate in the sustainability, safeguard and restoration of Château Gonneville sur Honfleur, located at 2 Chemin de l'Eglise 14600 GONNEVILLE SUR HONFLEUR, as well as its historical outbuildings, and in particular its farmhouse, barns of the stable, its park and its gardens and more generally to act for the development, the promotion and the influence of the castle Gonneville sur Honfleur; It will contribute to this in particular by organizing cultural, festive, tourist and sporting events, fundraising, blogs and online videos, by organizing participatory work sites, internships, by supervising voluntary actions and learning, through the sale of various and varied products, aimed at promoting, animating and preserving the domain;
HEAD OFFICE: 2 chemin de l'Eglise 14600 Gonneville-sur-Honfleur
DECLARATION DATE: April 13, 2021
PLACE OF DECLARATION: Lisieux sub-prefecture
BUSINESS AREAS :
heritage preservation / commemorations, maintenance of historic monuments and sites, military remembrance

Reactions: 17
He moans about everything. He always has. Always a complaint, always a whinge. He's just one big moanfest.

But what I dislike the most about Dan is the way he talks to his subscribers. His camera presence is appalling. He truly believes in his heart that those who watch his vlogs are his fans, his loyal followers, when a great majority are waiting to see him fall on his skinny arse. Most only watch him out of habit and because he's part of the lieLande circus. It's so cringe worthy when he says "you guys" to his subscribers. "I want to be there for you guys - but you guys know me - you guys know what I'm like - you guys have always been there for me - let me know what you guys think " and on ad nauseum. As though he is being sincere, like those he's talking to on camera are his best friends, his only friends, and he's making sacrifices for "you guys" when the only sacrifices he should be making are for his family.
If you think Dan is bad try watching Linda Vater.
She does exactly the same thing.
It's part of their schtick.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I agree 100%. When I was working and had a cleaning person (a friend, actually), I spent a good hour the night before she was coming over, putting stuff away and tidying up. My husband thought I was nuts, but I wanted her to really clean and not have a bunch of stuff in the way. Believe it or not, I also didn't have her clean the toilets. I felt like that was the "resident's" responsibility, and made sure my husband and kids cleaned any "messes" they made). I miss those days. 😆 I'm retired now and cannot justify the expense of hiring a cleaning person, (for a much smaller place, I might add), all because I'm feeling lazy these days. Although to be fair to my dear little self, I have had a significant back injury for the last 18 months, and haven't been able to do much.

Not that anyone here knows me, but I believe there are many kind-hearted people here (we haters are actually not a bad bunch...). I am sharing that my mother just passed away this afternoon. I had just spent the last 20 hours, sitting with her, whispering to her, holding her hand, sponging her raging fever, suctioning her... and came home to take a nap and shower and she passed while I was gone. She was not alone, but as her closest family member, I was her everything so it feels pretty bad. The hospice nurse told me that it happens because people don't want their loved ones to be there. I know that's how it was with my dad--he waited until the one evening my mom went home (after six months of never leaving his side!) and he died that night. So, I'm here on tattle, trying to escape sadness and yet I'm writing about it. This week will be tough, but after three months of craziness, worry, and sadness, I will be ready to get back to some aspect of normalcy. She was 92. May Bonnie rest In peace and be with all her loved ones who went before her.❤ Thanks for letting me do a little personal derail.
So sorry for your lost. Virtual hugs to you, take care of yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I suspect all their income is channeled through the association judging by the declaration. It certainly covers all aspects of their earnings.
here is the link
The question is how do they get the funds out to pay off the mortgage if that is the case? I have my ideas.
I think they may use this. Paying the mortgage could maybe be argued as paying the mortgage because then it's under their control.

'Its purpose is to contribute to and participate in the sustainability, safeguard...'
[/QUOTE]
here is the link
Here's the English translation the two Smugs have had a big plan for a while- looks like patreon money can be used to fund the candle business or am I wrong?
S OF CHÂTEAU GONNEVILLE SUR HONFLEUR
Associations law of July 1, 1901

PUBLISHED ON: April 20, 2021
AD TYPE: Creation
RNA NUMBER: W143007503
ISSUE NUMBER: 20210016
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 213
TITLE: FRIENDS OF CHÂTEAU GONNEVILLE SUR HONFLEUR
SUBJECT: brings together the friends, protectors and defenders of Château Gonneville sur Honfleur; Its purpose is to contribute to and participate in the sustainability, safeguard and restoration of Château Gonneville sur Honfleur, located at 2 Chemin de l'Eglise 14600 GONNEVILLE SUR HONFLEUR, as well as its historical outbuildings, and in particular its farmhouse, barns of the stable, its park and its gardens and more generally to act for the development, the promotion and the influence of the castle Gonneville sur Honfleur; It will contribute to this in particular by organizing cultural, festive, tourist and sporting events, fundraising, blogs and online videos, by organizing participatory work sites, internships, by supervising voluntary actions and learning, through the sale of various and varied products, aimed at promoting, animating and preserving the domain;
HEAD OFFICE: 2 chemin de l'Eglise 14600 Gonneville-sur-Honfleur
DECLARATION DATE: April 13, 2021
PLACE OF DECLARATION: Lisieux sub-prefecture
BUSINESS AREAS :
heritage preservation / commemorations, maintenance of historic monuments and sites, military remembrance
[/QUOTE]
They now have a parfum business called Harbours, started in November, not sure if the candles are directed through this or not.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.