The Chateau Diaries #208 Dan who is not the man akka "Manless Dan"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This particular idiot is Phil from Chateau Life. You know the one with the wife Angie, she of the slight accent and questionable taste. The couple that are pouring all their money into an asymmetrical incomplete chateau they only RENT!!! Seriously, is it something in the moat water? Where are all these nutters coming from?!?
Don't get me started on the ugly fish fountain!
And speaking of moats, what's with the nasty water always looking like pea soup or YooHoo/Hershey squirts? Get some circulation and aeration going!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
And speaking of moats, what's with the nasty water always looking like pea soup or YooHoo/Hershey squirts? Get some circulation and aeration going!
Oh my giddy aunt! That water is a dysentery/cholera outbreak just waiting to happy!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don't get it either. It's mind boggling that people don't do any homework before uprooting themselves and often their children and sometimes the grandparents to move somewhere where they have never lived, don't know anyone, don't speak the language, sell their home back in the country they came from, don't know anything about restoration or construction, and sink every penny they have into something the French themselves don't want because they know better! Mon dieu! As a born and bred American, I do understand where some of this comes from. We grow up being idealists and optimists. It's ingrained in us to think positively about our future and that we can achieve anything with a bit of luck and some hard work. You need some brains and critical thinking skills too, which is often lacking.
There is a story on CNN about a family from Finland who moved to Italy and then complained about the schools? One of the complaints was the kids don't go outside to play often enough. Seriously? Did you really think everything was going to be just like home.
People are stupid!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I’ve wondered, who does Dan the gardener think his audience is? It is not who he wants it to be. He’s gross and rude and not attractive. Dan really comes across as an idiot.
🕶💩
His type become old quickly in more than one way. If he wasn't such an ass, I'd feel sorry for him. It's quite likely he will permanently injure himself and be unable to work in the not so distant future the way he is currently going. And because he is self employed, he won't have anyone to sue for damages. He is definitely playing with fire. Annalise needs to make sure she distances herself far, far away from him emotionally so she doesn't end up being his caretaker. 🏥 🛏

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’ve wondered, who does Dan the gardener think his audience is? It is not who he wants it to be. He’s gross and rude and not attractive. Dan really comes across as an idiot.
I was wondering the same thing earlier today. He has quite a 'blokey' persona and the building site/ boys' toys content might be thought of as male-oriented. However, if the comments on his vlogs are a guide, most of his viewers are female. Probably a lot of them are Chateau Diaries subscribers who transferred across. Getting his chateau would be likely to boost this cross-fertilisation, if those people are tuning in for historical building restoration, but there's been none of that lately, so it's a bit of a tease.

I sometimes have the same question about Fanny; she loves to flash a bit of flesh, but to whom? Most of her viewers seem to be women of a certain age. I doubt they are watching in the hope of seeing up her skirt as she climbs a ladder in high heels.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
This particular idiot is Phil from Chateau Life. You know the one with the wife Angie, she of the slight accent and questionable taste. The couple that are pouring all their money into an asymmetrical incomplete chateau they only RENT!!! Seriously, is it something in the moat water? Where are all these nutters coming from?!?
They rent? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? Or is it rent to own? either way, terrible idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thinking the same thing.

Starched table napkins have their place.
I'd to like see Mr Elegance dealing with a hamburger or ribs using one.
My colleague was once invited to a Naval base for work and they were invited to lunch with the officers. She said they had material napkins and white tablecloths, so she was paranoid she'd get food and stains everywhere and didn't 'pig out' on the food as she would have, had she'd been anywhere else. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
There is a story on CNN about a family from Finland who moved to Italy and then complained about the schools? One of the complaints was the kids don't go outside to play often enough. Seriously? Did you really think everything was going to be just like home.
People are stupid!
I've been hearing an ad on the radio recently.. (Toronto station), something about 25% of Canadians are new immigrants but they have the oldest hospitals, forgive me, I can't remember exactly... but... you come from countries that likely have little to no health care, and any hospital I've seen go up has had huge donations made by fundraisers in the community along with govt funding... plus you can go to any hospital, the older ones were new not so long ago... the complaining floors me. Instead of fundraising for land and hospitals, they raise funds to pay for ads complaining everything isn't new! Find a country that promises new hospitals, new homes, new plazas, and let me know where it is!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I was wondering the same thing earlier today. He has quite a 'blokey' persona and the building site/ boys' toys content might be thought of as male-oriented. However, if the comments on his vlogs are a guide, most of his viewers are female. Probably a lot of them are Chateau Diaries subscribers who transferred across. Getting his chateau would be likely to boost this cross-fertilisation, if those people are tuning in for historical building restoration, but there's been none of that lately, so it's a bit of a tease.

I sometimes have the same question about Fanny; she loves to flash a bit of flesh, but to whom? Most of her viewers seem to be women of a certain age. I doubt they are watching in the hope of seeing up her skirt as she climbs a ladder in high heels.
Right on both accounts! I'm not a fan of Dan so I rarely watch his vlogs, but the comments I see from men usually are not supportive of his building skills, quite the opposite, they are warning him of dangers and doing things back assward. He might appeal to immature preteens because that's where he is developmentally. And I absolutely don't understand Fan's constant need to try and be sexy, maybe because she's not.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm sure he went to buy a filtration system ages ago - but since then, no mention of it?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My colleague was once invited to a Naval base for work and they were invited to lunch with the officers. She said they had material napkins and white tablecloths, so she was paranoid she'd get food and stains everywhere and didn't 'pig out' on the food as she would have, had she'd been anywhere else. :LOL:
That’s actually one of the reasons for heavy starch, especially for natural fibers like cotton and flax. The starch helps to prevent stains grabbing onto the fibers so tightly, making them easier to remove.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
That’s actually one of the reasons for heavy starch, especially for natural fibers like cotton and flax. The starch helps to prevent stains grabbing onto the fibers so tightly, making them easier to remove.
If only she'd known that at the time! She's a Pacific Islander and LOVES her food - apparently it was magnificent but she just couldn't enjoy it thanks to the napkins and tablecloths. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I had a school district superintendent address as us as "hey gang" in an email. 😾 So professional.
l1rwqewZK1wEG2Tmesssc0Zw=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Cynthia Lambert
Sad little people cannot bear it when others are happy and thriving. Ever notice that? They feel that they must discredit them. But the rest of us are all having a lovely time, right, gang?

👆
Just as professional as saying "gang" in a Chateau Diaries live chat, LOL. So professional Cynthia. 😂😂🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Cynthia Lambert
Sad little people cannot bear it when others are happy and thriving. Ever notice that? They feel that they must discredit them. But the rest of us are all having a lovely time, right, gang?

👆
Just as professional as saying "gang" in a Chateau Diaries live chat, LOL. So professional Cynthia. 😂😂🤣
I don't have a problem with 'you guys' or 'gang' in a work setting - maybe we are more informal in NZ?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
ScientificOrneryArmednylonshrimp-max-1mb.gif

👇 From yesterday's gift grab live chat...

M Parker @Percy Attfield, Mr. Percy, can you please ask Philip to block troll if he has a chance? I hope your trip to SA was smooth!

Percy Attfield @M Parker Isabelle has business that got delayed. We hope it could restart tomorrow. Meantime I have to be in SA by 21 January. I will therefore leave on Wednesday.

M Parker @Percy Attfield I am so sorry that you have to be separated from Isobel yet again, and I will pray that your solo journey goes well.

Percy Attfield @M Parker Depending on whose business are resolved first I will either return or Isabelle will join me in SA. We seem destined to spend a few months apart each year.

200w.gif

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Did we ever come to a conclusion or plausible speculation about what happened to the Fleuries' mortgage? As I recall it was very much pegged to their B and B business plan -- they couldn't get a mortgage until they nailed business reno goals and income down in a business plan for the bank. So all of a sudden they've paid off their mortage, re-negotiated it, made it go away or at least the part requiring B n B income?
I do think they're going to flip, that's Philipp's track record. The dining room and mud room renos seem soulless, compared to the loving care and interest other projects got. Gate-building was interesting, especially when focussing on the stone carving artisan dude, but -- that's curb-appeal flippy stuff. What happened to Anna's wall paper/tile/mural/gilding projects, which were really good? What happened to the proposed restoration of the old farm buildings, which I was really looking forward to? Still waiting for permission? If they have $$$ for Teslas and yachts it strikes me they ought to have money for the outbuildings.
There has been a big change of energy there, and I think it's Anna -- she's not doing her artistic energy. All we're getting is Philipp's douchelord energy.
Interest rates have and are rising. Probably their production company bought the chateau off of their hands and they were able to pay off their mortage. This would explain the extra cash = the car and yacht (which have been both bought, I believe) and why they don't decorate. I mean, they haven't got a single comfortable chair to sit on, no curtains, anything that makes a home. They're working for their production company which will renovate the gites and everything can be deducted as a content/production cost.

Anna is busy designing a whole lifestyle brand around their vlog. The dining room happens to be exactly the same colour as one of their candles and the best bedroom is the same green as the other. Accident?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

Cynthia Lambert

👆
Poor Cynthia and Caroline. I hope they can get the help they need for their chronic Attention Surplus Disorder.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I suspect all their income is channeled through the association judging by the declaration. It certainly covers all aspects of their earnings.
here is the link
The question is how do they get the funds out to pay off the mortgage if that is the case? I have my ideas.
[/QUOTE]
I think they may use this. Paying the mortgage could maybe be argued as paying the mortgage because then it's under their control.

'Its purpose is to contribute to and participate in the sustainability, safeguard...'

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.