The Chateau Diaries #207 The association is named: Wonker, Tasser, Trollop & Son!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like this commentary on Harry and his interviews-- the commentator focuses on narcissistic behavior and lots of things are applicable to SJ too!

Reactions: 9
When I first went to Japan and was asked to do a Q and A with the junior high kids who'd never met or talked to a foreigner before, one of the questions was 'what is your favourite label'.
The very first places that many Japanese tourists visit in London are Fortnum and Mason; Harrods; Liberty, and all the big designer brands. The Chinese students I taught, on the other hand, were desperate to find Clarke's shoes!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Personaly, I've never felt the want or need to have 'designer' items, why would I pay a fortune to wear a brand with the company's initials or logo on , in order to do free advertising for them? I can relate that some people back in the day, may have thought it was a symbol of wealth and class and to wear such brands would give a perception ot that persons financial standing. Today it appears to be more of a fashion trend and not necessarily a 'status' symbol with so many fakes and the genuine articles being saved for or paid on credit card. Buy now pay later... There are brands I have obviously heard of and some not so familiar to me, for example The Hermes thing with the towels. I did wonder why anyone would want to supply towels from a delivery service especially as they have now changed their name to Evri. Yes you can mock if you wish but I guess in a past life I was obviously from the downstairs crew. In a world where so many have too much and so many have very little I find the whole Brand thing from clothes to food shallow.
I have always felt exactly the same as you @Freesia54. Certainly nothing to be mocking you for - I stand 100% alongside you.
I used to spend a fair amount on gorgeous fabrics, well made/well cut clothes during my working life, which I am glad to say were all recently donated as I had no further use of them but still looked as good as new, and, even though I had had most for years, never looked old fashioned, just classic! With a slight tweak here or there by a good tailor/dressmaker, Bob's your Uncle - right up to date! 100% never an outer label was ever on view either.
However, I have always loved leather shoes and handbags - they again, will last forever if cared for properly. But, no OTT designer brands, just great handbags/shoes from reputable brands - I did donate most of my really high heeled shoes/boots as I have absolutely no use for those whatsoever either these days.
Today, warm, comfortable indoor clothes.
And, mostly smart casual otherwise. Although I still have plenty of choice for any "special" occasion. :D
Added to which, the ridiculous amounts of money that "certain" people spend on labels has never impressed me simply because, in my personal experience, those people live entirely on "credit" (that isn't just a 21st century state of mind either) or, like those we all know, are scamming/manipulating others to obtain those items. ;) 🤮

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
The very first places that many Japanese tourists visit in London are Fortnum and Mason; Harrods; Liberty, and all the big designer brands. The Chinese students I taught, on the other hand, were desperate to find Clarke's shoes!
Maybe because they have wide feet! I love Clarke's shoes. Whatever fit models they use works for me as do Doc Martens. I guess I have English feet - wide ball, thick toes, fairly high instep and a narrow heel, sounds so attractive, doesn't it! 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I can't help but think of moths being attracted to light when I think of all the misfits that have come and gone at the HMN. Dan was completely unqualified to be a gardener from the get go. No qualified gardener would have worked for Fanny after talking to her for 10 minutes. She wouldn't have been willing to pay their rates. Instead, she just gets someone that comes along. It's a two way street. Well adjusted, intellectually and emotionally intelligent people just don't get involved with Fanny. This game of prey and predators will not stop. There are so many other people just chomping at the bit to volunteer and work at the HMN. Darwinism? 🤷‍♀️ Phil is obviously not prey in my book. He's also a predator.
I totally agree with you.
As an ex-professional, fully trained horticulturally - with certs to prove it - gardener myself. I would have run away from Stephanie Jarvis like my hair was on fire on my first encounter with her.
DTM was never a gardener = he was only, ever looking for local work.
Stephanie Jarvis is just so the type of client that anybody with any knowledge/self awareness would know to avoid and, would be big time trouble in the longer term!
Simply because, she never, ever takes onboard what can ultimately be achieved through advice, as opposed to "what" she wants, regardless of what the location, overall site condition/year round weather and, defo, total lack of overall soil preparation.
At the end of the day, it's all about "right plant, right place" - not some Disneyland idea! :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Dan... if he has been used and dropped by SJ, I hope he has kept the hours of unseen video he must have, that shows her in a true light. Maybe he could join forces with @Yebo or do a Harry and make a bundle off his tale. Otherwise it will all have been for nothing... no home, no partner, no chateau, no friends and kids that "recollections may vary".
Do we really want to know what Dan did or did not do behind some pub?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
As a disclaimer (yes, I wised up): none of what I’m about to say might be connected to the reason Dan has been missing in (sort of) action and we will probably never know, because I doubt the man himself will admit to it anyway. He just likes to throw the dogs a bone: new flog soon, but no real date. What I do know is that there recently has been a nasty fallout between charlataine Stephanie Jarvis and her former gardener/love interest/handyman/availability, because Dan was counting on his bff Armoir to help him in his derelict ruin/abandoned castle/historic chateau but she has vetoed that by reminding her Cuz where his loyalties should lie. At the same time, Dan was painstakingly reminded that in her playbook when you’re out, you actually are out.
I think he might be on a oil rigg again. Maybe just for a limited time but since he is without the kids he is basically free to go. It's the only way for him since without proper education to make a bit of money in a short period of time and then have time off again to work on his ruin.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
As a disclaimer (yes, I wised up): none of what I’m about to say might be connected to the reason Dan has been missing in (sort of) action and we will probably never know, because I doubt the man himself will admit to it anyway. He just likes to throw the dogs a bone: new flog soon, but no real date. What I do know is that there recently has been a nasty fallout between charlataine Stephanie Jarvis and her former gardener/love interest/handyman/availability, because Dan was counting on his bff Armoir to help him in his derelict ruin/abandoned castle/historic chateau but she has vetoed that by reminding her Cuz where his loyalties should lie. At the same time, Dan was painstakingly reminded that in her playbook when you’re out, you actually are out.
I wondered if something like that was happening.Feel Armour,is unhappy of late.

Reactions: 14
And not so very long ago, she announced on a vlog that Dan and Amaury were going to work together on a new project/business. She said that with enthusiasm and not long after that, we discovered Dan had bought the ruin so it must have been that that she was referring to. Although Dan was daft to buy it, I hope Amaury does help him in his free time. Fanny rides roughshod over everyone else.She owns people for a time, then casts them out. Despicable woman.
Long ago and in another life, my boss was rude to my mother, in my own home. I was furious and told my boss to apologise and get out. Even though my work could not be faulted, when I turned up for work the next day, I was fired. I sued for unfair dismissal plus damages, and won. The judge agreed with me that an employer is only an employer during the actual hours the employee is being paid. Anything outside those hours, is that person's own time and I was free and justified in telling my boss to get lost.

So, Amaury is free to do what he likes during his down time. Fanny is out of line in ruling otherwise. Besides that, she needs Amaury. I think Dan is a waste of space, but Fanny doesn't get to dictate what happens in his life, nor does she get to decide what Amaury does in his own time. She may gently remind him of his loyalties, but he's in a position of power in the shiteau, even if he doesn't realise it. She needs Amaury more than he needs her. He holds all the cards and could easily, despite having a roof over his head, eating at the communal trough and despite being family, tell Fanny to get lost.

I encourage him to do just that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I’m amazed at the speed SJ churns through people. The whole process, from start to finish…love bombing to dismissal…can be counted in months. SJ’s history with Dan could be a case study in narcissism. I remember when Dan was first introduced, then elevated to a pedestal, eventually sidelined, and now kicked to the curb. It’s a revolving door at the farmhouse. What a shallow life. Think about it…the person SJ has chosen as her companion/partner…the person she is supposedly most closely connected, shares emotions, thoughts, feelings, and continues to “stick around”…is PhiPhi…26 years old, uneducated, uncultured, unskilled, and naive (but he probably has an agenda). Astounding and embarrassing.
And not so very long ago, she announced on a vlog that Dan and Amaury were going to work together on a new project/business. She said that with enthusiasm and not long after that, we discovered Dan had bought the ruin so it must have been that that she was referring to. Although Dan was daft to buy it, I hope Amaury does help him in his free time. Fanny rides roughshod over everyone else.She owns people for a time, then casts them out. Despicable woman.
I think the Pethericks,may help Dan as well.They have supported his vlog.

Reactions: 15
Poor Dan! He signed up for classes in the school of hard knocks. He was fooled by Fanny's flattery. AnneMarie may have also led him on with promises of helping out with the ruin without clearing it with his employer, Fanny, first. Dan just isn't very bright, you can't 'borrow' employees from employers at a whim, employers don't take too kindly to that sort of thing. I wouldn't mind Dan's folly if he didn't have family responsibilities, but this ruin dream is ridiculous!
I agree with you. Dan is defo not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
And, to be fair to him, he never really pretended to be otherwise either!
But, am rather surprised that he chose a holiday in Morocco?
Does anyone else here sense that maybe Dan might be making an announcement about him "coming out" in the not too distant future?
Hell, who really cares, not me! Each to their own has always been my philosophy in life!
And, if that is the case, would make so much more sense about why him and Annalise parted on supposedly "amicable" terms too. :confused:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I think he might be on a oil rigg again. Maybe just for a limited time but since he is without the kids he is basically free to go. It's the only way for him since without proper education to make a bit of money in a short period of time and then have time off again to work on his ruin.
That makes sense,I wonder if he chef's on the rig's that would earn him renovation money.

Reactions: 10
God forbid the Floor Scrubber hire actual experts using the copious funds she has received through Patreon and YouTube.

Reactions: 13
Looks like Phillipa put its foot down. I can imagine the whining in Fanny's ear... More competition out of the way?
I wonder what Armoire has to say about it all. Maybe he's trapped in the whole scenario and is voiceless so just goes along with it all. Guess he lost a friend. His one 'male' friend...
Serves them both right for ceding their autonomy for a run down scrap heap and the artificial popularity of a dubious social media world. Harumph!

Reactions: 12
He's a Chateau Owner now, surely working as a labourer on an Oil Rig would be out of the question?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It actually would be very smart of him to be on an oil rig right now. After all, it's winter, so not a lot of work to be done outside, and let's face it his place is literally all outside. He could be on a rig making serious bank and then come back after it warms up with full pockets. It would be a smart move especially if he's had a falling out with her royal whateverness...

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.