The Chateau Diaries #207 The association is named: Wonker, Tasser, Trollop & Son!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone explain this to me as my eyes are hurting!
Patrons for At the chateau… OMGosh .
Fanny will get ideas.
I really like At the Chateau. They have the money, a good eye and the desire to get things done with the appropriate professionals, despite terrible heath issues. It is a high Patreon level, but it doesn’t bother me.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
As a disclaimer (yes, I wised up): none of what I’m about to say might be connected to the reason Dan has been missing in (sort of) action and we will probably never know, because I doubt the man himself will admit to it anyway. He just likes to throw the dogs a bone: new flog soon, but no real date. What I do know is that there recently has been a nasty fallout between charlataine Stephanie Jarvis and her former gardener/love interest/handyman/availability, because Dan was counting on his bff Armoir to help him in his derelict ruin/abandoned castle/historic chateau but she has vetoed that by reminding her Cuz where his loyalties should lie. At the same time, Dan was painstakingly reminded that in her playbook when you’re out, you actually are out.
That sounds about right. I remember when Dan took Cuz off to discuss a business venture, assume that was to do with Dan's wreck. I also thought Dan was disappointed in the episode where he took some old windows for Cuz to take a look at, he was more or less told to make them himself. I got the impression he was hoping Cuz would offer to make them or help him make them.

Reactions: 25
I do feel sorry for Dan in part. He had his head turned, she trashed his life. He looked at his set up and felt dissatisfied with his lot, she made him believe he was going to be a cinematographer. Now the dumb idiot has bought into a lifestyle he can't afford. He was on a flog saying he had a proposition for Amaury. Dan has forgotten who he is and what happens in the real world. He doesn't have a trust fund he has two kids, he is 40 years old time to grow up and admit life is love and laughter it is hard graft.
she did the same to Selmar and Marie tho….. building their ideas of ridiculous living up. Making them think that dreaming is enough and that anyone can own a chateau.
Look at her she has NEVEr done a days work in her life EVER yet owns a flat and a chateau. She will no doubt inherit the beach hose and her mothers Framlingham home. She is made for life. Except her patron are demanding by keeping payments that she works in the chateau. This is not a dream it is her inheritance that came early. Without that she would not be in a chateau.
Fanny has done nothing this last year but spend, travel and open gifts.
Her life is sustained by her parents wealth .
Can she afford to keepCuz and squirrel when patron stops. No. But in the meantime she will have alienated them from the real world and their chances of earning a living and being self supporting.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Has anyone checked out the latest from "Queen's Escape?" They've got some lofty goals, but they're also realistic. They have a great system for scheduling, prioritizing, and monitoring their projects. Fanny should take note.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Fanny will get ideas.
are these people the one Selmar visited?? oh my ...who is sponsoring these grifters..i should think there are better and more urgent causes to support these days...then those who buy a chateau they cant afford to restore and keep up...

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Personaly, I've never felt the want or need to have 'designer' items, why would I pay a fortune to wear a brand with the company's initials or logo on , in order to do free advertising for them? I can relate that some people back in the day, may have thought it was a symbol of wealth and class and to wear such brands would give a perception ot that persons financial standing. Today it appears to be more of a fashion trend and not necessarily a 'status' symbol with so many fakes and the genuine articles being saved for or paid on credit card. Buy now pay later... There are brands I have obviously heard of and some not so familiar to me, for example The Hermes thing with the towels. I did wonder why anyone would want to supply towels from a delivery service especially as they have now changed their name to Evri. Yes you can mock if you wish but I guess in a past life I was obviously from the downstairs crew. In a world where so many have too much and so many have very little I find the whole Brand thing from clothes to food shallow.
Funnily enough - fake brands are so prevalent, I just assume it's fake................. quite a while back, I noted my brother in law's belt buckle was YSL and asked him if he got it on one of his trips to Thailand, he was quite angry with me and said it was the real thing. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I really like At the Chateau. They have the money, a good eye and the desire to get things done with the appropriate professionals, despite terrible heath issues. It is a high Patreon level, but it doesn’t bother me.
It's a grey area for me. The saving grace is that it will fund the work and not an extravagant lifestyle. I'll also be ok if Judy gets a new caftan or something from the proceeds.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Wes were never allowed names on our clothes. Not Barbie, Peter Rabbit. I never understood my mother being so strict until I was older! Labels do give status to those that tend to lack it…. It is like the puffs with the Porsche…..
I too grew up without 'Labels' - most of my clothes were homemade or from some local market.
When I first went to Japan and was asked to do a Q and A with the junior high kids who'd never met or talked to a foreigner before, one of the questions was 'what is your favourite label'. I was dumbfounded - was thinking 'do they mean the one at the back of the neck or the one down the side seam near the hem'? And what a strange question.....................until the teacher who was translating, took pity on me and made some suggestions; 'Nike'? 'Adidas'?
I still laugh at my self many years later.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Funnily enough - fake brands are so prevalent, I just assume it's fake................. quite a while back, I noted my brother in law's belt buckle was YSL and asked him if he got it on one of his trips to Thailand, he was quite angry with me and said it was the real thing. :LOL:
it is quite funny....when my sister married ....my mother, who had nothing with jewelry...wanted to wear pearls..but there are no pearls in the collection..so she decided to buy a huge pearl necklace..in a costume jewelryshop in Amsterdam.. :LOL: when she entered the church on the weddingday...all the woman in the crowd whispered to eachother..oh look at those pearls...they must be worth a fortune...:rolleyes: they were not...but i guess they couldnt believe my mother would wear a fake necklace..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
It's a grey area for me. The saving grace is that it will fund the work and not an extravagant lifestyle. I'll also be ok if Judy gets a new caftan or something from the proceeds.
Judy could also use a turbin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
it is just the same way she got rid of Selmar...promoting and supporting a project what is failing from the start ...and off they are..out of her circle...like i said before ..she uses people like kitchencloths... :sick:
And not so very long ago, she announced on a vlog that Dan and Amaury were going to work together on a new project/business. She said that with enthusiasm and not long after that, we discovered Dan had bought the ruin so it must have been that that she was referring to. Although Dan was daft to buy it, I hope Amaury does help him in his free time. Fanny rides roughshod over everyone else.She owns people for a time, then casts them out. Despicable woman.

Reactions: 26
As a disclaimer (yes, I wised up): none of what I’m about to say might be connected to the reason Dan has been missing in (sort of) action and we will probably never know, because I doubt the man himself will admit to it anyway. He just likes to throw the dogs a bone: new flog soon, but no real date. What I do know is that there recently has been a nasty fallout between charlataine Stephanie Jarvis and her former gardener/love interest/handyman/availability, because Dan was counting on his bff Armoir to help him in his derelict ruin/abandoned castle/historic chateau but she has vetoed that by reminding her Cuz where his loyalties should lie. At the same time, Dan was painstakingly reminded that in her playbook when you’re out, you actually are out.
So Dan and SJ were definitely screwing?
What did they fall out over?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
A while back a Tattler noted that they must have a plan for the convent - I agree, why in the world would you work so hard to change something without an end use in mind? Surely it's not purely for Youtube content???

Just watched Ryan's latest vlog (I know, don't understand why) - he had a major announcement - he's starting another youtube channel.
Do they make more money if they have more than one channel? Quite a few Youtubers do this - and I find it weird.

Reactions: 13
Fanny will get ideas.
If you're going to put something like that out, would you not do a full spell check, sinerest thanks. If they fix it we'll know they read here.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Fanny will get ideas.
Never hurts to ask I guess. There's obviously a lot of people out there willing to part with their money. I've seen Patreon accounts where people are asking for this kind of money. Ya gotta be bold in this world! 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Dan... if he has been used and dropped by SJ, I hope he has kept the hours of unseen video he must have, that shows her in a true light. Maybe he could join forces with @Yebo or do a Harry and make a bundle off his tale. Otherwise it will all have been for nothing... no home, no partner, no chateau, no friends and kids that "recollections may vary".

• Haha
Reactions: 23
it is quite funny....when my sister married ....my mother, who had nothing with jewelry...wanted to wear pearls..but there are no pearls in the collection..so she decided to buy a huge pearl necklace..in a costume jewelryshop in Amsterdam.. :LOL: when she entered the church on the weddingday...all the woman in the crowd whispered to eachother..oh look at those pearls...they must be worth a fortune...:rolleyes: they were not...but i guess they couldnt believe my mother would wear a fake necklace..
So true! I inherited several pearl necklaces as I'm the only female on my mother's side of the family. They are nice and I try to wear them as often as possible. I never considered their monetary value until I needed to get some of them repaired. I was astounded at their value. I didn't realize that real pearls were worth so much. I have a whole new respect for them now. I can't tell authentic anything from fakes so it doesn't matter to me if people wear the real thing or not. Wear what you love and feel good in. I hate when people say is that a real ________? It's so rude! I always say, "Oh, I really don't know as it was a gift, and I didn't think it was polite to ask." Hint, hint.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Dan... if he has been used and dropped by SJ, I hope he has kept the hours of unseen video he must have, that shows her in a true light. Maybe he could join forces with @Yebo or do a Harry and make a bundle off his tale. Otherwise it will all have been for nothing... no home, no partner, no chateau, no friends and kids that "recollections may vary".
I do wonder if the actors…. In Fanny’s vlogs could make a claim from her income? Has she been canny enough to make them sign if they are included. I think of the way Antoine has made money for her. Yes he has lots of Lego because of her but his presence will be on Yt forever when he was a minor….and being exploited.

So true! I inherited several pearl necklaces as I'm the only female on my mother's side of the family. They are nice and I try to wear them as often as possible. I never considered their monetary value until I needed to get some of them repaired. I was astounded at their value. I didn't realize that real pearls were worth so much. I have a whole new respect for them now. I can't tell authentic anything from fakes so it doesn't matter to me if people wear the real thing or not. Wear what you love and feel good in. I hate when people say is that a real ________? It's so rude! I always say, "Oh, I really don't know as it was a gift, and I didn't think it was polite to ask." Hint, hint.
Very few fake pearls are hand knotted between each pearl is a good rule! …. Downtown Abbey helped pearl values in the Uk but selling them is not so easy just now. They may be valuable and expensive to insure and replace of course!
Enjoy them as you say …..

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.