The Chateau Diaries #207 The association is named: Wonker, Tasser, Trollop & Son!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My older sister used to work for a charity and she said it was totally heart breaking what some families threw away after a family death.
My new home is very minimalist although I do have a medium chest full of family photos/documents, past and present. I have even written on the back of the photos as my son will not know who they are, just in case he decides to do the "family tree" at some stage in the future. And, have given him details of what jewellery pieces are real diamonds etc as opposed to paste/costume. Everything else, he can either keep for himself (prob some electronics, maybe), or donate.
Thankfully, we cleared out the huge loft in my last home 18 months ago - that was such a major job as it involved 40 years of memories which was bitter sweet, most of which I had forgotten we had stored away up there. :)
My job is done! ❤
Mum gave me her Jewellery some time ago, before she became ill. Unfortunately there are a whole load of photos missing and we think in one of her chuck out moments, they've all gone in the dustbin so they're long gone. Who knows there maybe some bits in the loft.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
As I get older I am trying to "declutter" I know that upon my death my only son will auction off the contents of the house and dumpster the rest. And that's ok. My neighbor died a a year and a half ago, his son took over the house and he died 4 months later. ( he had advanced cancer) his son took over the house ordered a dumpster and started throwing everything out- I went over and was happy to purchase an antique bedroom set for 125.00 US and about 40 free mason canning jars. My point is to us it might be worth something or a memory, to others it's just junk. Cherish the relationships and people in your life the rest is just clutter. IMHO
You're right - relationships and experiences are what matter in this world. A few weeks ago, we stopped at an estate sale in my neighborhood and it was so sad to see all the items that had been lovingly collected or given as gifts, over the years, being sold for pennies. There was a huge collection of Lenox porcelain, there must have been 200 pieces, that were being sold for a few dollars each and if it did not sell it was going to be donated or trashed. It was so sad, someone spent a lifetime and a literal fortune on these items and now they are garbage. Imagine it they would have spent that money on something that actually mattered or made a difference in the world, instead of a vase...

I think that is one of the major reasons I get so disgusted with LaLaLande. Stef has more $hit than any twenty people need and all she wants is more, more more... She has more money than she needs and all she wants is more, more, more... It can be a fill in the blank - Stef has more __________ than she needs, yet, all she wants is more, more, more...
[/QUOTE]
indeed....i do wonder who is gonna throw all her hoarded crap in the containers when she dies...they will have a huge task...🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 17
How on earth will Bunboy cope with having his pristine workshop turned upside down. I still have never seen someone who works so so hard there being the jack of all trades, stay so remarkably clean. He must get fresh work gear straight out of the packet each morning. I wish Mr Spratt came home as clean as when he left in the mornings, would save the wear and tear on my washing machine.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Mum gave me her Jewellery some time ago, before she became ill. Unfortunately there are a whole load of photos missing and we think in one of her chuck out moments, they've all gone in the dustbin so they're long gone. Who knows there maybe some bits in the loft.
At the beginning of last year i asked my aunt if there were old photos? i would like to see and know who is on...Oh no she said...the bulk of the familyphotos are at the estate...i didnt take anything with me....i thought hmn...my father said something else...When she died i found a huge coffer full of photos..old familydocuments etc...a lott of photos i dont have a clue who is on them...luckily i know a person who knows a lott about our family...so we have a meeting the next few weeks so we can go together through the photos..and the old papers...i also found a very akward old necklace between her juwelry...my sister said..oh it looks like fake..thats nothing...but going through the old photos i found a picture of my great grand mother in which she wears that actual piece...i had it valuated by a juweler..and it is real...and very valuable...i so wonder why she didnt want to talk about the things and photos she had...it would have made our task to value things a lott easier...

• Heart
Reactions: 29
@KyBourbon said:
Is there no drama or controversy in other royal families worth reporting?
tattle.life/goto/post?id=13463635

I am not derailing, I'm only answering a question asked by @KyBourbon about more RF drama. Well there's one that has been happening in Norway. Not to derail I'll only summarise. The people of Norway asked for titles to be removed, a meeting was held, an announcement was made. It's similar to the H&M one, if Harry was part of another RF, Meg would not have got a role or title. The question is why do people from other countries who don't practice or believe in monarchy want to marry into it? You can google it,
but norvegian royal family is much smaller than british. no numerous cousins, uncles, brothers and whatnot.

Reactions: 11
At the beginning of last year i asked my aunt if there were old photos? i would like to see and know who is on...Oh no she said...the bulk of the familyphotos are at the estate...i didnt take anything with me....i thought hmn...my father said something else...When she died i found a huge coffer full of photos..old familydocuments etc...a lott of photos i dont have a clue who is on them...luckily i know a person who knows a lott about our family...so we have a meeting the next few weeks so we can go together through the photos..and the old papers...i also found a very akward old necklace between her juwelry...my sister said..oh it looks like fake..thats nothing...but going through the old photos i found a picture of my great grand mother in which she wears that actual piece...i had it valuated by a juweler..and it is real...and very valuable...i so wonder why she didnt want to talk about the things and photos she had...it would have made our task to value things a lott easier...
Luckily I already had all of the old old photos of my maternal grandparents from the 1920s/30s and Mum's family and some of my GGGrandmother. The whole load that are missing are our family photos growing up, all the holiday pictures of my brother and I. Typical of my Mum wanting everything tidy and in it's place, she was obviously a bit too keen in her decluttering. Shame really but there you go.

• Heart
but norvegian royal family is much smaller than british. no numerous cousins, uncles, brothers and whatnot.
Queen EII should have made their royal house much smaller a long time ago...who wants Marie Christine at your christmaslunch??

Luckily I already had all of the old old photos of my maternal grandparents from the 1920s/30s and Mum's family and some of my GGGrandmother. The whole load that are missing are our family photos growing up, all the holiday pictures of my brother and I. Typical of my Mum wanting everything tidy and in it's place, she was obviously a bit too keen in her decluttering. Shame really but there you go.
my mother actually went through her personal archive when my father died...she also got rid of a lott..also a lott of old photos...mostly the ones my father was on with his previous girlfriends before they were married... :LOL: he kept them...

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Yes, Patrick and Stuart breed and show Irish terriers. Lovely dogs, but my gods, they are energetic. Patrick and Stuart brought all their dogs from the USA to their chateau. It must have cost them a pretty penny for all eight! I wonder if they plan to apply for a breeders license in France?
Patrick Stewart is breeding dogs?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Does this mean the end of cuz? once she starts shifting people around they get closer and closer to be shown the door, that’s how it started with Marie and Selmar

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I’ve seen this remark before. How do you know she is sleeping with all the males? What am I missing?
Well, men have something that women want. Sometimes men have a lot of that, and sometimes they don’t. When woman behave well at home, the men give them plenty of that. It brings joy to women, but not for very long. Women like to touch it and hold it tightly in their hands, but shouldn’t squeeze it to much.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Well, men have something that women want. Sometimes men have a lot of that, and sometimes they don’t. When woman behave well at home, the men give them plenty of that. It brings joy to women, but not for very long. Women like to touch it and hold it tightly in their hands, but shouldn’t squeeze it to much.
you mean money?? :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Not sexy? Come now - I think wrinkles are sexy. Time for a London Botox trip.
Also, I couldn't help think that Fanny got lip fillers from Santa.
Definitely 2 different time lines and I agree with you about the lip fillers as well

Exactly, your mum, may just have thought - what would any of those photos mean to the upcoming generations who had never known them?
BUT, I do have to admit - that I did censor some of mine within the "chest" from my "wild child" early years too so that my son didn't cringe! Actually, I ripped them up and don't regret doing so either! :ROFLMAO: They were my private memories to take forward, not his! ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My mother gave me an incredible gift a couple Christmases ago. It’s a massive binder that she titled “Bygone Years”. This treasure contains copies of old photos on thick card stock of her maternal and paternal sides going back to my great-great grandparents (with dates and i.ds)! A third of this binder is “history notes”.
I haven’t looked through the whole binder yet for some reason. I suppose it’s cause I’ve seen many of the photos before. I was obsessed with the “olden days” growing up and my grandparents and aunts/uncles were happy to pull out the old albums and reminisce when we could. From Bohemia to Ukraine to 🇨🇦.
Thanks to you haters, I’m about to tuck into a cup of tea and flip through the bygone years. 💗
92BE9A67-B31C-4269-90B7-113AFCC47C55.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.