The Chateau Diaries #207 The association is named: Wonker, Tasser, Trollop & Son!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It makes me angry because so many of the charities I work with are struggling because their historic donation pool is now “donating” to these people instead. The big donors are still out there but once they have a building named after them they don’t usually donate again. It’s the retirees and low income folks that give a $1-2 a month that add up. Just as we see with Patreon accounts. It’s the little donors that are the foundation of it all.

Reactions: 20
Nor allow himself to be addressed by his given name!

Reactions: 11
Veuve Amiot is lovely one of my all time favourites, have visited there quite a few times over the years. Done the tour in their caves under Saumur followed by the degustation. They do a sparkling Red but the Grand Cru is the best. Not sure if they do now but they never used to export outside of France.

Reactions: 15
Pretentious much…on a side note, I’m not sure I’ve ever mentioned it, but as a retired journalist I must compliment you on your investigative skills, snarky humour and choice of clipart. Charlie Hebdo has nothing on you!

Reactions: 23
I think his usefulness to Meghan has come to an end and it certainly seems to me that she has hung him out to dry with the book and his PR interviews. According to Lady C their marriage is all but over. Meghan now has plenty of ammunition when it comes to the divorce. It couldn't happen to a nicer couple. Meghan is now a target and if she was paranoid before she should be terrified now.
If Harry is chucked out of the USA because of his admitted, sniff, drug use then where's he going to go? No one wants him back here in the UK. I could almost weep for him but not enough to actually do it.
I wonder how our American cousins feel about having to pay for his security which will of course be substantially increased because of what he said about killing the Taliban. His neighbours must be thrilled that they are living near a target of a terrorist organisation. Just chuffed

Reactions: 26
The PoW was the RAF Search and Rescue pilot, based on North Wales and then moved on to becoming an air ambulance pilot when he had to leave the armed forces. His salary as air ambulance pilot was donated back to the Air Amb charity.

The character she is playing is poorly developed. Written by an amateur

His hands now look more feminine than her's.
Now? Always have done

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I think Stephanie didn’t expect Oliver’s channel to work, after all, Oliver has actually driven to the wrong Chateau de Lalande just a few years ago. Steph was probably expecting him to end up like Selmar or Marie. I’m sure she really encouraged him to buy that very expensive run down listed mansion. Building him up, just to watch him fail. Although I don’t like Oliver & Camilla, seems like they have enough money and Camilla has enough drive for both of them. Camilla is their secret weapon and Stephanie forgot all about her.

Reactions: 28
Wouldn’t a housekeeper be more use than a butler
indeed...what a twat..and he calls him Jesus?? i get vibes from the movie The Birdcage....... A housekeeper is very usefull...but a butler?? i am perfectly capable to put on my own pants...and put toothpaste on my own brush.. hiring in staff when you have a function is much more usefull and cost saving...after all i am Dutch..

Reactions: 22
I have to admit I'm one of the Americans who loves to follow the English monarchy. That said, I'm not so sure how invested I am in them since the death of The Queen. I do think The Queen was the driving force for many Americans interest, and we just kept going with the next three generations. I also think sharing such a close history and language is key to our obsession. I was also keen on Diana as she was in my age group, glamorous, and did good works. I'm not interested in the other monarchies from other European countries. Charles and Camilla don't particularly interest me much, but Kate and Wills and their adorable children do. I know that what I see in the media is a fairy tale, but so what? A little escapism from reality is entertaining, and that may be another big reason why we are obsessed. We don't have castles with their 800+ years of history, pomp and circumstance, Queens and Kings and Princes and Princesses. I did genuinely admire The Queen so much, 70 years on the throne! That's fortitude. Nothing to add to the saga of Harry and Megs other than I don't like what they are doing. How much lower can you get than dissing your own family publicly and for money?

Reactions: 26
Well, Dan and the others are adults. Buying ruins? Talk about lack of common sense. Like all of them. Adults can decide for themselves.

Reactions: 16
Harry and Megs pay for their own security, not US citizens. Only US presidents and other high ranking US officials get that. His drug use is nothing here, no one cares about that, it's peanuts. I don't put any stock into what that loony Lady C says, she'll say anything to keep her name in the hat. As far as a threat from the Taliban, if and when that happens, it will probably not be on US soil, but when he travels to Europe or some other country that the Taliban have operations in. He should stay out of Paris. If he returns to England, especially London, the Brits will have to pay for extra security.

Last edited:
In 500 years, historians will look back…

Sorry….now back to Fanny and Friends!

Reactions: 32
We have our own Royals, and compared to the British cousins, ours are timid. Rarely any real scandals. The British not very visible in our press.

Reactions: 10
I think it stems from the shared language. I know the Danish monachy has had a huge fallout, which was blasted into the media, as Prince Joachim's children would all recieve the titles of count and countess as of January 1st 2023 instead of holding the titles prince and princess. But you wouldn't really read that in the American newspapers, would you?

after all i am Dutch..
Speaking of royals, I must admit, I've always wanted to ask.
Back when the late Prince Friso decided to marry Mabel, was the commtion about it all that huge, or was it blown way out of proportion?
You seem to know some things and I am ever so curious.

I know the poop emoji can replace the word shit, but I haven't tried with other symbols as you've suggested - I might do that in the future.

Well, all one has to do is follow the former opera singer narrative she created for herself to figure out she’s a whopping liar!

I know another Tattler commented already on the pronunciation of Jesus but I will add my two cents. If your name is Jesus in the US, you are most likely of Hispanic descent from Mexico or Central America. It is pronounced as hey-soos. It's quite a common name amongst the Spanish speaking community here. I always had at least one Jesus in my class when I was teaching in California. Before I moved to California from Oregon, I was not familiar with how to pronounce Jesus in Spanish, luckily I never made the terrible mistake of saying Jee-zus during roll call!

Reactions: 16
Thank you so much @T Rex , @Just Grift Wood . Sadly my cat didn't make it, we had to make the decision to say our final au revoir on boxing day. It's been just too sad.

I've been hanging around on the periphery of all your banter you witty haters, trolls and queens. Bonne année, meilleurs voeux à toutes et tous. I can't believe it's already 10th January! I've missed a lot on here but I see everything stays the same at the shitshow...

Reactions: 45
So sorry, completely feel your pain, it's the kindest, hardest thing to do and completey heartbreaking. xxxx

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.