The Chateau Diaries #206 Shut it, Cameraman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a confession to make. Other than the Clicquot, I don’t really enjoy the more expensive champagnes. Dom, Cristal, all of the high dollar bubbly just gives me nasty headache and monkey poo mouth the next day. Give me a nice ice wine or mid-range sparkling wine and I’m fine. Though considering I only drink four or five times a year, I’m probably not the best advocate for any alcohol brand.
there are a lott of spanish cavas who easily can compete with champagne...and are like 10 euros a bottle?? we use these a lott when we have functions..i never heard anybody complain.. ;)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
well...i always knew when Megan came on the scene it would end in trouble..You know...when you are not born in that world..its very difficult to fit in and understand it..I always said to friends when they married...this is gonna end like Edward the eight...You have to courtsy to anybody who is higher in rank..and it also depends if the husband is around or not...its very complicated..I never thought that Megan wanted to play second fiddle to Katherine..she had to courtsy to her you know..its all seems silly..even to me..because we dont have that custom here..but in the Uk its a huge thing..also the fact they have to ask Charles for money and later William would not felt good for Meghan..i can understand in a way..but this is how those things work...the higher the rank..the better housing and privilleges..I dont think Meghan had thought that through...but that went very clear short before the wedding..I dont think its very classy to wash dirty linen in public..and he shouldnt have done it..but its the only way they could make a lott of money...sadly..I always knew Harry wasnt happy with his life..but he stayed in because it was a safe way...Meghan whispered in his ear there was another way..Its very sad..i dont think it will damage the monarchy..it for sure damaged Harry..and i hope their marriage will last..also for the children..otherwise it will be a very painfull return for him.. You know..when you are born in this system you have to stick to it...I always find it remakable there are so many woman who are not born into it seem to fit in perfectly..like our own Queen Maxima...she seems to understand better how it works than our own king...who can be a subborn and stupid ass sometimes..
Yes, I think part of Meghan's great attraction was she had her own lawyers and PR apparatus before she met Harry, and maintained them throughout. It was his way out.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Yes, I think part of Meghan's great attraction was she had her own lawyers and PR apparatus before she met Harry, and maintained them throughout. It was his way out.
also the fact all his former girlfriends backed out...he didnt want to be left on the shelf...he was in a hurry...to settle down and start a family..well he settled down...omg...Harry also wasnt in the right circles to find a woman who could fit in...He had a huge partylife..and a partycircle is not marrymaterial...there were girlfriends who wanted him...but he found them to dull...i guess he found what he wanted..i hope he doesnt regret it in a few years time...

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Years ago we were on holiday near Lake Garda and stopped of at a campsite for a night, we spotted a lot of vw and merc vans with irish registrations and heard lots of irish accents around the pool/campsite. They were multiple families of Gypsies who were staying for the whole summer. The men disappeared each morning to return at the end of the day - not sure whether they were working (legally or illegally)
I lived about 20 minutes from Lago di Garda years ago, and large group of zingari (gypsies) set up camp in my village. They were southern Italian, and an absolute menace- they would steal laundry from clothes lines, harass the local women with cat calls and inappropriate gestures, homes were being robbed, vehicles were being vandalized and broken into... The mayor had a heck of a time driving them out- they were there for at least 2 months.

• Wow
  • Sad
I feel bad for Harry, he must be in constant emotional pain to feel the need to regurgitate all this depressing family history. Imo, Diana was the true star, without her, the rest of ‘em are a royal bore. I hope Harry finds some peace and leaves all this tumult behind him. Time to live his own life and find true happiness with his young family.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I have a confession to make. Other than the Clicquot, I don’t really enjoy the more expensive champagnes. Dom, Cristal, all of the high dollar bubbly just gives me nasty headache and monkey poo mouth the next day. Give me a nice ice wine or mid-range sparkling wine and I’m fine. Though considering I only drink four or five times a year, I’m probably not the best advocate for any alcohol brand.
Expensive champagne is wasted on me as I can’t tell the difference. I’m always given Prosecco as a present but some of the stuff we get here is awful, I’m sure the Italians send us the stuff they wouldn’t drink. In fact I prefer Cava, don’t have a clue why it just tastes nicer.

there are a lott of spanish cavas who easily can compete with champagne...and are like 10 euros a bottle?? we use these a lott when we have functions..i never heard anybody complain.. ;)
I’ve just replied to @MRShavershamsdress saying I prefer Cava. So far you are the only other person I’ve heard say they enjoy it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
also the fact all his former girlfriends backed out...he didnt want to be left on the shelf...he was in a hurry...to settle down and start a family..well he settled down...omg...Harry also wasnt in the right circles to find a woman who could fit in...He had a huge partylife..and a partycircle is not marrymaterial...there were girlfriends who wanted him...but he found them to dull...i guess he found what he wanted..i hope he doesnt regret it in a few years time...
Yeah, he wanted to settle and have a family so badly that he got high when his baby was coming... That's how badly he wanted to meet them... what a tool.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I have no shade to throw at the Fleuries today- I actually enjoyed their vlog. And they found treasure! An old franc under a floorboard. (My only concern was when Benoit discovered the rotten beam by the wall- I don't know if they fortified it below, but don't think Benoit would just floor back over a rotten beam- that'd be "So Fanny", and he's a true Master Craftsman, so hope it won't be an issue in the future.) Watching the stone mason carve the design on the gate columns was soothing- I am glad they hired actual professionals to build the gate vice trying to do it themselves, and it's starting to look quite lovely. While it probably was not inexpensive, at least they are putting money into chateau improvements. The entryway "mudroom" cubby/seating- while Benoit did a phenomenal job of building it, I was surprised Anna did not paint nor stain the wood (since Benoit installed the coat hooks with the cursed flat-head screws- which must have been a PITA.)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think he might already be regretting it, but not bright enough to know how to handle himself.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Lady C has said “she heard” H & M are already living separate lives 😱.
many royals live separate lives..as a matter of fact they dont spend as much time together as we all do... even William leaves his wife at home for a few days to go on a huntingtrip..its all a very different and strange lifestyle these people live...Charles and Camilla also...Camilla escapes days to her own home..to spend time with her own family and escape courtlife...which is very strickt and demanding....without seeing Charles...

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Veuve Clicquot is my jam as well! In my wine fridge, I have Clicquot, Dom P, Moet, Laurent-Perrier, Krug, along with the more inexpensive ones like Sophie Baron, Luc Bellair, Verve Vernay and I think there are a few bottles of Cook's on the bottom shelf- I keep good champers on hand for special occasions. Champagne is better when you drink it with friends!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Veuve Clicquot is my jam as well! In my wine fridge, I have Clicquot, Dom P, Moet, Laurent-Perrier, Krug, along with the more inexpensive ones like Sophie Baron, Luc Bellair, Verve Vernay and I think there are a few bottles of Cook's on the bottom shelf- I keep good champers on hand for special occasions. Champagne is better when you drink it with friends!
i guess we should meet.. ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Maybe I should take a class in recognising different champagnes😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
The family is to well known for me to reply. There are roads with their name in Amsterdam and the Hague.
OMG I’m telling you, the two of you are related. At your next family gathering wear a brooche in the letter T so you can secretly wink at each other from one tartlets to another 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
[/QUOTE]
I was thinking maternal.. the in younger picture of them his granny looked like a younger version of Sherrie from memory. I can't find the pic we had of her
I grabbed a screen shot a long time ago and have posted a couple times… Definitely looks like Sadie.
4414890B-A27F-4742-A345-B03F209328B1.jpeg

Reactions: 13
@Clara Burnett, what’s going on with Dan the gardener and his chateau ruin?
I would like to know, too. His last vlog was 4 weeks ago and he has been absent since with no explanation. Did the ruins fall down? Has he lost interest? How is he affording to live and support his children if he has no patrons and has greatly reduced vlogging and therefore his YouTube income while also having quit gardening for the Floor Scrubber????? Something just doesn’t add up here. 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.