The Chateau Diaries #206 Shut it, Cameraman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for your response. The gypsy culture I'm familiar with in the states stem from Romany. I have never heard of Irish travellers in the states.

"Since the 19th century, the Romany people, or Gypsies, have found final resting places from their long travels in the cemeteries of northern New Jersey. Unlike many other ethnic groups, the Romany are unseen to all but the most persistent observers."

"Though the Romani population in the United States has largely assimilated into American society, the largest concentrations are in Southern California, the Pacific Northwest, Texas and the Northeast as well as in cities such as Chicago and St. Louis. They are sometimes referred as "American Gypsies.” "
Very cool - I actually live in Northern New Jersey, in the area were this would be. I had no clue. I googled it and I live in this vicinity. Its rather interesting to know there is is still a very high concentration. I was looking for my fortune to be read for fun, and it was someone doing it from her home, in what is a very affluent area. This is usually not the case, but with this history, it makes sense now. She's right in that area where the concentration of Roma people would be (Not to say all Roma read fortunes, but many do). Learning something new every day!

Reactions: 14
i guess we should meet.. ;)
Considering a stay at Mapperton is £7,450 per person (not including transportation), @Jules100 and I are heading your way!!! Warning: Jules will be the one who gets us stuck at customs for attempting to smuggle a suitcase full of Miller Lite into country- we may have to use your diplomatic privileges!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
No he ain't. My cousin has estates in Sweden, Norway, UK etc. BTW, I'm a Duke. Yes, I bought the title. I had to in self defense but that's another story ha ha
Oh my how does a paid up Duke with such connections end up in Southbroom of all places 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I would like to know, too. His last vlog was 4 weeks ago and he has been absent since with no explanation. Did the ruins fall down? Has he lost interest? How is he affording to live and support his children if he has no patrons and has greatly reduced vlogging and therefore his YouTube income while also having quit gardening for the Floor Scrubber????? Something just doesn’t add up here. 🤔
He’s probably somewhere tending Fanny’s garden right now…😈

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
@Clara Burnett, what’s going on with Dan the gardener and his chateau ruin?
I would like to know, too. His last vlog was 4 weeks ago and he has been absent since with no explanation. Did the ruins fall down? Has he lost interest? How is he affording to live and support his children if he has no patrons and has greatly reduced vlogging and therefore his YouTube income while also having quit gardening for the Floor Scrubber????? Something just doesn’t add up here. 🤔
Dan goes off the grid, then Stephanie goes to one timeline ambiguous vlog a week… hmmm 🤔 Where are they and what are they doing?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
it is prince...there are no dukes, there are marquisses, but they dont live here...so in reality most are Count or Baron..there is also a lott of nobility without a tilte..called jonkheer...its all complicated because the Dutch have always been more of a republic than a monarchy..we see ourselves as a republic who happen to have a king... :LOL: The Netherlands only became a kingdom when Napoleon installed his brother here as king..before that the old nobility was demolished..only reinstated when Lodewijk Napoleon became king...and after that Willam the first of Orange..the Family of Orange were never kings befor that...Willliam III who was also king of the Uk was here still only stadhouder..not king.. In a way...the old nobility always looks a bit down on the royal family.. :rolleyes: because they ware around and powerfull even before we became a kingdom..
Don't answer if too personal. But I was wondering if you can name an heir since you don't have children. Do you have to set up something for the estate for when you pass? Or does your sister/nieces have to sort it out?

Reactions: 9
Considering a stay at Mapperton is £7,450 per person (not including transportation), @Jules100 and I are heading your way!!! Warning: Jules will be the one who gets us stuck at customs for attempting to smuggle a suitcase full of Miller Lite into country- we may have to use your diplomatic privileges!
Maybe Jules can get in as a fellow vlogger as long as she takes a dip in the outdoor pool-- this worked for Nikki Positano in the vlog she put out today!

• Haha
  • Heart
Grabbing, I'd punch their lights out!

The dresses are just................awful.
[/QUOTE]
Are you referring to Fanny and her grabby mother :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Maybe Jules can get in as a fellow vlogger as long as she takes a dip in the outdoor pool-- this worked for Nikki Positano in the vlog she put out today!
I like the way you think @Lady Di, unfortunately, that’s not going to happen. I hate being in cold water, but I do enjoy a good clean hot tub. I would love to visit Viscountess Julie with @T Rex, but she’s going to have to take one for the TL team and go into that old freezing pool.❤🦖

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yeah, he wanted to settle and have a family so badly that he got high when his baby was coming... That's how badly he wanted to meet them... what a tool.
The older generation are not so forgiving of Harold. He's a jerk. You don't turn against your family publicly. You can fight as much as you want behind closed doors but never in front of the staff or strangers. I think he's mad. He needs putting into an institution. What he's done only causes damage to himself, his family and his country.
I blame his wife, a hideously vulgar woman who my friends and I knew from the start was trouble.
Zimbabwe is a small place, everyone knows each others business. Chelsea Davies is Zimbabwean and there were rumours about Harold from the start. Also the Davies' but mmmm....

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Here another 💎instead with a talkative braless Marie, some singing and you won't believe it renovating Stephanie
My takeaway on that vlog: Much less chaotic mess in her bedroom, much less alcohol in her bedroom... and the really big question Did she bed Maxime the Russian volunteer who was showing her his etchings??

• Haha
Reactions: 14
well...i always knew when Megan came on the scene it would end in trouble..You know...when you are not born in that world..its very difficult to fit in and understand it..I always said to friends when they married...this is gonna end like Edward the eight...You have to courtsy to anybody who is higher in rank..and it also depends if the husband is around or not...its very complicated..I never thought that Megan wanted to play second fiddle to Katherine..she had to courtsy to her you know..its all seems silly..even to me..because we dont have that custom here..but in the Uk its a huge thing..also the fact they have to ask Charles for money and later William would not felt good for Meghan..i can understand in a way..but this is how those things work...the higher the rank..the better housing and privilleges..I dont think Meghan had thought that through...but that went very clear short before the wedding..I dont think its very classy to wash dirty linen in public..and he shouldnt have done it..but its the only way they could make a lott of money...sadly..I always knew Harry wasnt happy with his life..but he stayed in because it was a safe way...Meghan whispered in his ear there was another way..Its very sad..i dont think it will damage the monarchy..it for sure damaged Harry..and i hope their marriage will last..also for the children..otherwise it will be a very painfull return for him.. You know..when you are born in this system you have to stick to it...I always find it remakable there are so many woman who are not born into it seem to fit in perfectly..like our own Queen Maxima...she seems to understand better how it works than our own king...who can be a subborn and stupid ass sometimes..
Here in the US I live in a place that was very linked to England beginning in 1670 or so and was originally granted to a Lords Proprietor. It was established by many aristocratic families from England. We also had Huguenots who came here. There was a great disparity of wealth and of course those people thought they were far above everyone else. What I find amusing is that people who carry those names today still wear it as a badge and think themselves quite higher than everyone else. In many cases, the family wealth has gone, the mansions have gone, and yet they keep on clinging to their name. It’s almost like faux aristocracy with self applied rules and standards. It is also amusing how quickly after meeting someone like this, they let you know who they “are”. I just can’t with most of them. I take my measure of a person by how they treat others and what they alone have accomplished in their life. I don’t give a tit who your great grand daddy was. I’m just fine with people like that, for them to go find their others.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My takeaway on that vlog: Much less chaotic mess in her bedroom, much less alcohol in her bedroom... and the really big question Did she bed Maxime the Russian volunteer who was showing her his etchings??
Was that Philip's reflection in the mirror in the bedroom when she was playing dress ups with Marie?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
it is prince...there are no dukes, there are marquisses, but they dont live here...so in reality most are Count or Baron..there is also a lott of nobility without a tilte..called jonkheer...its all complicated because the Dutch have always been more of a republic than a monarchy..we see ourselves as a republic who happen to have a king... :LOL: The Netherlands only became a kingdom when Napoleon installed his brother here as king..before that the old nobility was demolished..only reinstated when Lodewijk Napoleon became king...and after that Willam the first of Orange..the Family of Orange were never kings befor that...Willliam III who was also king of the Uk was here still only stadhouder..not king.. In a way...the old nobility always looks a bit down on the royal family.. :rolleyes: because they ware around and powerfull even before we became a kingdom..
Weren't there also Regent families who together ruled before the now Royal Family?

Reactions: 3
Major derail but, I’m on team #harryandMegan (sorry, not sorry) but I wonder what is next for them...Once these interviews are over and the dust settles. Dancing with the stars, reality tv, acting gigs, judging a reality show, yoga retreats, more tell-all books? In all this airing of dirty family laundry, they have lost the focus and attention on the philanthropic causes they were passionate about. They have traded their own popularity for the book and Netflix deals which I know paid well, but they will need a lifetime of security and bodyguards. Brands aren’t going to touch them as they are so polarizing. It’s going to be a long road to restore their reputation, if that’s even possible. i can’t see them changing public opinion in the UK. Speaking as a Canadian so what do I know 🇨🇦 maybe stephoney can provide some tips on setting up a Patreon? (Attempting to get back on the rail)

• Haha
  • Heart
many royals live separate lives..as a matter of fact they dont spend as much time together as we all do... even William leaves his wife at home for a few days to go on a huntingtrip..its all a very different and strange lifestyle these people live...Charles and Camilla also...Camilla escapes days to her own home..to spend time with her own family and escape courtlife...which is very strickt and demanding....without seeing Charles...
Goodness she would need her own bolt hole away from Charles. Apparently his butler or someone phones her when he is having another hissy fit and can't be placated. She has to drive over to calm him down! If anyone of us thinks we have a strange family, fear not, nothing compares to that lot. I watched the doco on Camilla the other night and she could barely get a word out because of her silly accent. She is muzzled. Hell she must love Charles an awful lot to put up with that life.

• Heart
Oh my how does a paid up Duke with such connections end up in Southbroom of all places 😂😂
Lol before Southbroom we were in India! Part of the Raj. What a mess of a family... I won't forgive them ha ha

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
The older generation are not so forgiving of Harold. He's a jerk. You don't turn against your family publicly. You can fight as much as you want behind closed doors but never in front of the staff or strangers. I think he's mad. He needs putting into an institution. What he's done only causes damage to himself, his family and his country.
I blame his wife, a hideously vulgar woman who my friends and I knew from the start was trouble.
Zimbabwe is a small place, everyone knows each others business. Chelsea Davies is Zimbabwean and there were rumours about Harold from the start. Also the Davies' but mmmm....
His offical name is Henry not Harold. Yes I agree will you shame he has burnt so many bridges

His offical name is Henry not Harold. Yes I agree will you shame he has burnt so many bridges
Yeah I know he's Henry but he's blurted out to the world that 'Willy' calls him Harold which I think suits him - apologies to all Harold's out there lol. I have a first cousin Harald who won't be chuffed lol

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.