The Chateau Diaries #206 Shut it, Cameraman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to say that although Belly’s convent work is good, I keep wondering why the time and money weren’t put instead into the chateau -finishing restoration of rooms, basement kitchen, waterproofing terrace etc?????? The whole family seems disinterested in the chateau, not even living in it or using it in any way to make money. I guess the Wife/Baby Machine has family money to burn and Belly is playing with it.

View attachment 1854322
Isn't the convent being converted to apartments to rent or buy? I don't watch their channel, but this is what I remember being discussed here.

Reactions: 10
It was Ash who worked as a councellor.

She speaks French but as far as I can see basic/everyday French definitely not enough to converse in a formal setting. If I remember correctly when she went to Paris she was reading her speech, so well prepared!
you are correct she does baby French. not business French. Her mother usually goes to the mayor with her and Hanni her ex girlfriend is a European lawyer and helped her set up the gift grab and legal language stuff.

His job would have to be very low level. The guy is far from “brilliant”. 😂
. Pencil sharpener!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Well, I read the bible at school and thought that Revelations mentioned 7 plagues that would attack mankind...
YouTube has just recommended 2 more château channels to me. My question.
Is the onslaught of grifters buying up French Chateau's in fact the 8th plague?
"God. You there? I want a word with you!"

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I don't think the lake will ever be restored. It's too far gone now. All the trees and brush would have to be removed, very expensive. Davy stated that the lake bed would have to have a lining to prevent the water from being drained away through the channels left by the tree roots. I can't imagine how much that would cost. The longer it is delayed, the more money it's going to cost. Yep, Fanny really pulled a good one by draining the lake. She upset the entire ecosystem. Just her alone. So much damage. Amazing how stupid this woman is about the natural world. I guess life and earth science classes weren't required at Oxford when she attended.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I don't think the lake will ever be restored. It's too far gone now. All the trees and brush would have to be removed, very expensive. Davy stated that the lake bed would have to have a lining to prevent the water from being drained away through the channels left by the tree roots. I can't imagine how much that would cost. The longer it is delayed, the more money it's going to cost. Yep, Fanny really pulled a good one by draining the lake. She upset the entire ecosystem. Just her alone. So much damage. Amazing how stupid this woman is about the natural world. I guess life and earth science classes weren't required at Oxford when she attended.
Birds and Bees nothing more😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Billy and Gwen’s “end game” is still a mystery. Just a guess on my part… but I think Billy might be planning to rent out the Chateau to film crews to record shows or movies, and then use the convent as rental housing for the production team and actors. If Begmania will be a film set, there’s no need to sink more money into the basement kitchen and those other things (at the moment). But, if they want to entice film crews to come to Begmania, there also needs to be the infrastructure to support that effort…including a place for a large group of people to stay for an extended period…the convent. I don’t think a large hotel or rental property exists near Begmania today. If that’s the plan, I have to give him credit for the idea. Of course, Teabag is busy getting ready for his big screen debut and close-ups! 😆

View attachment 1854504
Even if this is not their end game, it now should be! Brilliant idea!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Isn't the convent being converted to apartments to rent or buy? I don't watch their channel, but this is what I remember being discussed here.
I think the best idea would be for Belly to convert the convent into France’s largest bathhouse with a few apartments, an B&B and a swimming pool in the courtyard and gay bar in the chapel. Beatrix Potterick would surely be his biggest customer. Probably, Ry-Anne as well. Gays from all over France & Europe would flock to it… Oily, The Gay Twink, The Columbians, Alexandra, Shrek, Shrek Jr., RickyRicardo etc. Even the Mansplainer and Pill might give it a try. There could even be an All Women’s section that Honey, KitKat and the WeedArranger would enjoy.
C5FF92A5-B838-47AA-B66F-26772ED8FF72.png

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think the best idea would be for Belly to convert the convent into France’s largest bathhouse with a few apartments, an B&B and a swimming pool in the courtyard and gay bar in the chapel. Beatrix Potterick would surely be his biggest customer. Probably, Ry-Anne as well. Gays from all over France & Europe would flock to it… Oily, The Gay Twink, The Columbians, Alexandra, Shrek, Shrek Jr., RickyRicardo etc. Even the Mansplainer and Pill might give it a try. There could even be an All Women’s section that Honey, KitKat and the WeedArranger would enjoy.
View attachment 1854632
Definitely going to need a big swimming pool!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The colors remind me of Teabag’s cottage kitchen…oak cabinets with dark green walls…but done on the cheap. Two rows of tile backsplash looks unfinished and cheap. What material is the countertop? Not having the kitchen sink centered under the window would drive me crazy. But…I guess I shouldn’t be too harsh. They remodeled the kitchen, finished a project, and supposedly kept within a budget. If their budget only allowed for certain finishes, then I can’t fault them. But it couldn’t have been too much more money to add more tile to the backsplash.

View attachment 1854402
The stove top should be flush with the countertop- not shorter that the cabinet. You either get a drop in or a slide in from what I remember when we replaced ours a year or so ago. It has the controls in the front and nothing going up the wall/ I think that could be a slide in. In that case the back splash goes up the wall behind the cook top. The cabinets are too tall there or the stove should be lifted to sit where it is the correct height. Somethings not right!!! 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The stove top should be flush with the countertop- not shorter that the cabinet. You either get a drop in or a slide in from what I remember when we replaced ours a year or so ago. It has the controls in the front and nothing going up the wall/ I think that could be a slide in. In that case the back splash goes up the wall behind the cook top. The cabinets are too tall there or the stove should be lifted to sit where it is the correct height. Somethings not right!!! 🥺
These chateau folks really should run their design and renovation ideas by us first. We could all save them a lot of money and mistakes. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
These chateau folks really should run their design and renovation ideas by us first. We could all save them a lot of money and mistakes. 🤣
No kidding!!! 😂😂😂
They must have installed that themselves- a professional would not do that. 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Whilst I admire the effort put into the gilded Grand Salon, I was so hoping at the “Perch” Chateau they would have moved on by now. It’s like the Influencer & Wallpaperer’s kitchen reno - never ending. If they are “pulling it all together” this week, let’s hope next week is something new. Don’t want to see a time lapse of the darn thing.

View attachment 1853502
Don't get your hopes up.
Adrian has fractured ribs and Carole has hurt her back.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Spray some cleaner in each sink (fabuloso has a strong scent)- and into the drain- careful- don’t run water- and your house has “the smell of clean” when hubby arrives home from work. 💁🏼‍♀️😜 🧼
I should’ve added/ he’ll never know you were on Tattle all afternoon!!! 💁🏼‍♀️
That’ll be our little secret!!! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 18
How many trademen, officials, etc. has F4F claimed have misled her, did improper work, gave her bad advice, etc,? She routinely blames others as an excuse for failing to do something she promised to do or screwing something up.

She has blamed the missing accountants for years for the missing accounts.

Blamed the lake police for lying/ misleading her to drain the lake ( all a lie, she did it because she did not want to pay to maintain the lake properly).

Blamed the original installers of heat at the Dump for the heat system not working ( when daddy Derek did not follow the recommendations).

Blamed the man who volunteered to restore the chapel for not recognizing the serious structural problems that existed.

Blamed the contractors for not fixing the bulging walls of the dump below the terrace ( in one video with Potts, she claimed they were supposed to come back but never did).

Falsely blamed ian for the leaks in the upstairs bathroom, etc.

Lied about not knowing that the Grand salon and the Dump was seriously structurally compromised.

Blames the local authorities for not getting approval for the new doors, etc, for gerry and Batista apartment because still waiting for approval for 2 years.

Who else has Fanny blamed? Fanny loves to play the helpless victim who has been misled, frightened, or taken advantage of by others.

She blamed Covid restrictions for not being able to get work done at the Dump and then repeatedly and falsely claimed that French workers and contractors could not be found to do work at the Dump.

She blamed channel 4 for “outing” her relationship with Sir Snorts a lot.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
While we're critiquing the cottage kitchen, I have to point out the lighting. Randomly hung 2-light and 3-light fixtures. That bugs me.
1672871698997.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.