The Chateau Diaries #206 Shut it, Cameraman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That place was set up as a fishery, they have been draining the lake for centuries each year. She should of diverted the fish to the holding area before draining the lake. Yet another animal abuse inflicted by those wannabes.
Yet another example of ignorance of the properties assets, dependencies and infrastructure! Remember the picnic at the ruined mill with MPK! The property had it’s own mill for fucks sake! Seems to me the HMN was the Nadaillac’s pantry serving all their other properties! And Fanny has opted to gut it!

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I believe all of the above that Potty Baghead and mummy dear were involved but let’s not forget that there is a vlog where she said she was completely ALONE at the shittoo when the water police came and frightened her so much by accusing her of breaking the law so she emptied the pond immediately.
Her lies contradict each other, was she alone and helpless Noooo. Were they all too mean to pay out so that the lake and it‘s outflow did not contravene the EU regulations on water control. Yeeeesss.
She mentioned both Larkin and Potts being there trying to rescue the fish, as I recall.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Fanny is so typical of the type of spoiled, mostly female, people that when told "No" about anything, pout and say the person or people were mean. So childish! I bet she was a real pill in school, running home to daddy to say the other children or the teacher were mean to her, when all along she was the culprit. Maybe they would go out and buy some trinket or antique armoire to soothe her bruised ego.
Oh yes - like you, I recognise her type!

Reactions: 16
64D01424-38F1-4155-A83E-C79F26D03EA6.jpeg

Teresa and Ashtray are really beating a dead horse with the cottage 1990’s kitchen reno. It’s about time we see some restoration of main floor rooms. Have we ever seen the actual main kitchen in the sha-oh?
View attachment 1853473
Oh dear where to start. The scale is off the units are twee-maybe painting them would help bit somehow they have made the two radiators the focal point
I was just thinking that painting the kitchen cabinets might help too. Also, they need to remove the kid’s bedroom set mirrors off the wall. At least they are trying and their kitchen isn’t covered in grease and grime.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
View attachment 1853942

I was just thinking that painting the kitchen cabinets might help too. Also, they need to remove the kid’s bedroom set mirrors off the wall. At least they are trying and their kitchen isn’t covered in grease and grime.
I think they think the mirrors make up for a lack of windows. They don’t.

Whilst I respect the work ethic of the whole family, they truly have no taste. Even Teresa has questionable, very working class “Coronation Street” taste. Ashtray dresses like a boy in his soccer shirts. His taste is even lower than Teresa’s. Can’t imagine what the completed sha-oh interior will end up like.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
View attachment 1853942

Is hunter green and honey oak making a comeback?
I found a perfect lamp to gift them to complete their vintage Polly's Pies/Marie Callender's motif.
1672854789751.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Someone close to me was exactly like this- beautiful in her time and used that beauty to lure in men whether they were married or not or if she was in one of her multiple marriages. Anything went. She had a bit of a public profile with the attendant adulation but couldn't stand to be alone with her thoughts. When she was in her dying stage and raging against the world, one day I suggested she tried some self reflection and try to calm her mind. Make peace. She wailed like a child and said she didn't know how to do this, it was the most pitiful thing I had ever heard from her. SJ is exactly this person and who will be around for her when she will need some solace?
It certainly won't be her children...

Reactions: 9
I blame Derek here... HE was the adult.

She may have been alone physically but all the other culprits, Nick Larkin, Isabelle, Potts etc were contactable by phone. As were anyone e!we she nay have wanted to contact for advise. I don't buy it. Sorry.
In one vlog she said she sometimes rings them many times each day….. imagine the banal questions…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
This classy couple has expensive taste and may have a real difficult time finding the right chateau they can afford. They were smart to turn down the first chateau they viewed - too many repairs that even Patreon and selling candles would not be able to cover!

17BBD05C-DAAB-470B-B5F4-B71BDAD08DD5.png

37B836D5-8FD8-4408-B94D-A6EA11ABAE9A.png

• Haha
Whilst I admire the effort put into the gilded Grand Salon, I was so hoping at the “Perch” Chateau they would have moved on by now. It’s like the Influencer & Wallpaperer’s kitchen reno - never ending. If they are “pulling it all together” this week, let’s hope next week is something new. Don’t want to see a time lapse of the darn thing.

View attachment 1853502
Would you prefer if they pull a fan-flash and leave one job unfinished and start a new one?
When DIYing, things get a long time to finish, and I appreciate that they are being meticulous and ensuring the important bits (like the complicated flooring) is done properly.

• Heart
I love the escape to the dream cottage. I get they appreciate the quality of a bespoke kitchen of another era & a nod to Marie Callendar's as @Le Baiseur mentions (LMAO - I want French Silk pie now!)....but it needs updating. I hope they raise the stove as I wouldn't want to be cleaning the wood cupboard around it. Blech...it will be LaLande if they aren't careful.

Reactions: 7
It just goes to show how they went into this blinkered as to what is required to run a place like that. No forward planning, show her level of immaturity too, as to her it's all such jolly fun running around the place playing dressing up
when you are not born into this life..you will learn the hard way...i have said it before..running an estate is no feast...nor a party these days..its hard work, a lott of paperwork dealing with local government etc...and always being afraid someting shows up you had not expected...and costs a lott of money..we dont have parties all the time...but again...that farmhouse is far away from a working estate...its just a lunatic asylum..supported by fools...

• Heart
Reactions: 28
That place was set up as a fishery, they have been draining the lake for centuries each year. She should of diverted the fish to the holding area before draining the lake. Yet another animal abuse inflicted by those wannabes.
Yes, imo, most unforgivable is the destruction of the wildlife ecosystem. Selfish, ignorant and unnecessary. Although, apparently she is getting her due, since the consequence, is her castle collapsing because of her thoughtlessness.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I could never understand the reason behind the criticismn towards her...Granted she may not be everyone's cup of tea and she has her own indiidual style but to me she seems pretty likeable and normal. She obviously finds something endearing in her hubby but she has to live with him and thats her choice.

My SIL used to spray furniture polish into the air and wipe everything down with a damp cloth usually before her husband came home from work... 🙈 :ROFLMAO:
Spray some cleaner in each sink (fabuloso has a strong scent)- and into the drain- careful- don’t run water- and your house has “the smell of clean” when hubby arrives home from work. 💁🏼‍♀️😜 🧼

• Haha
  • Heart
What’s worse - the sink which is not centred on the window or the 2-row “backsplash”? Did they run out of tiles? Couldn’t afford more because the cabinets took up entire $600 budget?

E686D1E5-750D-477E-BDD8-BE4FEF5A6B08.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.