The Chateau Diaries #204 Fanny put more $ into her sagging face than her sagging château!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else having issues with Tattle?
Yes on and off for the last hour.
I kept getting an update or redirect message.
Seems like a big update to the forum software. Usually takes longer with probably some test runs and hot.fixing.
Yes it's being very temperamental.
I got a message they were updating
Philip secret messaged me, again Tattle is working fine and you all are just drunk.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Do Tattlers really think Phiphi is that cold and calculated or is he acting off instinct?
I wonder if he's deliberately making down the princess so no one else wants her - you know like a 'Feeder' makes someone eat and eat and eat so they can't get out of bed and escape into someone else's arms.
Do you have someone in mind that might 'want' her? Please warn them off immediately! Phyllis is just an immature tit that is along for the free ride as long as possible. I don't read anything else into his scheming. He's not that clever or sophisticated. He's vain, lazy, self-centered and a BIG mooch! He's also manipulative and sneaky. He loves being the center of attention. Like Fanny, he is an only child that's been spoiled and led to believe he is wonderful, beautiful, smart, talented, and charming. Nothing new about his type. I think if it hadn't been Phyllis, Fanny would have found someone else just like him or they would have found her. I know some think he's on his way out, but I don't. Why? It's working beautifully for both of them. Fanny's not interested in a mature loving relationship with a straight man. She may think she is, until reality sets in. It just wouldn't work for her. She is so used to getting her way. Phyllis doesn't control her. Picking out her clothes is not controlling her, she likes it. She doesn't have to make those decisions anymore. She holds the money and she's not letting Phyllis near it, not now, not ever, not going to happen. She's a greedy witch with dollar signs in her eyes. I don't underestimate her at all. She's the clever and scheming one, always has been. Nuff said!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Is bread sauce a Northern English thingy?
My mum is 92 and from Southern England - dad was midlands - we have never ever had bread sauce for Christmas.
(I'll go and ask her why in a minute)
Ironically Fanny’s bread sauce is very much in keeping with her medieval chateau…..
it is a British thing…. And very old recipe And in ye olden days bread was used to thicken sauces. It remains on the table but mostly just at Christmas.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Let’s focus on the positive, we witnessed a Christmas miracle - Fanny was desperately ill, then magically all better for the party.
I think Dan is doing Dana.
I think Dan might have done Kat and Fanny.
I think the kiss was fake, because as Fanny stated early on - she likes to keep her private life private - now Mr. Twinkie Phi is thrown in our face constantly.
Have you noticed in every vlog, his accent changes. he’s so busy emulating different intonations - he’s trying to lean towards upper crust something and he’s just failing - but it’s funny, all his vocal mood swings.
I do think Isabelle has a screw loose. I don’t think Isabelle and her sister get along. I think Fanny plays Auntie for sympathy, and adoration. I’m hoping Auntie wises up.
Repeat after me - THEY ARE ALL WHITE TRASH.
And the song WHO LET THE DOGS OUT just popped into my head.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Did we ever see what Fanny gave to Phyllis for Christmas? Of course, we know he gave himself the dishes he said were for Fanny. Phyllis giving Fanny Chanel No. 5 is just another granny gift. My mother wore Chanel No. 5 as many women from the era of WW2 did. I don't know any women even my age, mid 60s, that wear it, let alone younger women. I liked it on my mom, and she knew how to wear perfume discreetly, but I wouldn't wear it myself. You can buy gold body oil from many different makers, the traditional French brand is Nuxe, about half the price of Chanel but no scent. He probably bought the gold oil for himself as well as the dishes. You don't kid me Phyllis, I'm onto you! 🤣
Chanel #5 is a fragrance ive always had in my rotation, guess I've been a granny at heart since my early 20s😀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
As one who hosted Christmas for family (and hosts friends and family throughout the year), I do not understand Fanny's mindset at all. First and foremost, I get very little sleep- I am the last to bed and the first to awake- I am the hostess, after all, as this is my home. Even with overnight guests, I plan dinner and breakfast. With long term guests, I plan all three meals and snacks. There is no way I would sleep in and just let others faff about trying to figure out what to eat. Programmable coffee pot- greatest invention ever! Brekkie usually consists of things I can make in advance- cinnamon roll dough (ugh, never from a can), crepe batter, quiche, cutting up fresh fruit, pre-cut potatoes, biscuits (I make a ton of them and keep them in my freezer), and then I set bout to making eggs, hashbrowns, sausage gravy, etc. for my guests. Lunch- we usually take our guests out via the powerboat to one of our amazing local waterfront restaurants. I usually put out a massive charcuterie platter around 3-4PM in case someone is feeling peckish. Dinner usually consists of something on the grill- steaks, kebabs or chicken, or pasta, or homemade pizzas fired up in the Ooni, along with a salad, some veg, and homemade bread. And then there is dessert- with everything from Key Lime pie to tiramisu. I always keep the electric kettle on for tea as well, but will always make a cappucino or espresso for anyone who wants one. This year, I spent countless days in preparation for the holiday not only for my guests, but to make additional baked goods for our neighbours and those in nursing homes. (I do this every year- it's a lonely time for so many who are forgotten by their families.) I always try to make sure our family and friends have the best time when visiting us- flying is certainly not inexpensive, and I try to make their time at Casa de T Rex a phenomenal experience. Shame on you, Fanny- you can't even do so when you have paying guests or family coming to stay!

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Isobel is drained.
She is replete. Her daughter has not lived up to her hopes and dreams and to see everything she hoped for wasted on that pathetic boy . On top all the shambles of the castle falling down and no builders. She can see what a mess it is and she hates mess.
I think Isobel is cross, agitated and is now looking for ways to let off steam.
Stephanie was trying to show off the lovely flowers and table display squirrel had done with the nativity set. BTW who at the last minute puts a nativity set in the table? And she said where will all the dishes go? No word of praise that the princess hoped for.
And I agree the food must be cold. The gravy looked congealed and revolting.
Who puts dishes on the table? The sideboard had no decorations apart from some ugly ornaments and could easily have had a hot plate on it to put the dishes on.
I know in the uk it is traditional although not adhere too… to have warm plates.
And that monstrous stove has a plate warmer built into it. Too bad it’s unmaintained and not working! @T Rex when MPK did Fanny’s make up she almost always looked better than when she did it herself. He had a way of accentuating her good features while minimizing the bad (like that honking great wicked witch nose she inherited from Mummy) mostly with a less is more approach!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
As one who hosted Christmas for family (and hosts friends and family throughout the year), I do not understand Fanny's mindset at all. First and foremost, I get very little sleep- I am the last to bed and the first to awake- I am the hostess, after all, as this is my home. Even with overnight guests, I plan dinner and breakfast. With long term guests, I plan all three meals and snacks. There is no way I would sleep in and just let others faff about trying to figure out what to eat. Programmable coffee pot- greatest invention ever! Brekkie usually consists of things I can make in advance- cinnamon roll dough (ugh, never from a can), crepe batter, quiche, cutting up fresh fruit, pre-cut potatoes, biscuits (I make a ton of them and keep them in my freezer), and then I set bout to making eggs, hashbrowns, sausage gravy, etc. for my guests. Lunch- we usually take our guests out via the powerboat to one of our amazing local waterfront restaurants. I usually put out a massive charcuterie platter around 3-4PM in case someone is feeling peckish. Dinner usually consists of something on the grill- steaks, kebabs or chicken, or pasta, or homemade pizzas fired up in the Ooni, along with a salad, some veg, and homemade bread. And then there is dessert- with everything from Key Lime pie to tiramisu. I always keep the electric kettle on for tea as well, but will always make a cappucino or espresso for anyone who wants one. This year, I spent countless days in preparation for the holiday not only for my guests, but to make additional baked goods for our neighbours and those in nursing homes. (I do this every year- it's a lonely time for so many who are forgotten by their families.) I always try to make sure our family and friends have the best time when visiting us- flying is certainly not inexpensive, and I try to make their time at Casa de T Rex a phenomenal experience. Shame on you, Fanny- you can't even do so when you have paying guests or family coming to stay!
You sound like the hostess with mostest.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
When can all 15 of us come visit?🙂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I think today, December 26th, is the best day to make this big announcement. I’ve been working on a special collaboration for about a year. I have partnered with Miller Lite on a very special candle for your fancy home.

01CE1BEF-A3FC-4FB6-A499-B4D5B0ABC984.jpeg

Ideally, I wanted to put this out in mid-November, but I’m a bit of a perfectionist and have been tweaking the details to get it just right. Also, you don’t really know what gifts you didn’t get until after Christmas. I really hope this takes off, the home equity line of credit for my renovations isn’t going to pay for itself! I’m working with the distributor to get the crazy shipping prices brought down a little bit. Wish me luck!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
I don't know anything about bread sauce, but the Italians use stale bread in many recipes from salads to soups. It takes a tremendous amount of energy to make a loaf of bread from growing the wheat to the final product, just ask The Little Red Hen. Why waste any of it? Also, many meats in the old days may not have been of the quality they are today. Putting sauce on it would have made it more palatable. The Victorians were known for saucing everything.
I loved that book. And 55 years on it remains is in the toy cupboard worn and loved. Children nowadays seem to like different styles🙁 . More learning about isms less about morals

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Poor Dan! Reduced to returning to the shitshow with his tail between his legs. No cozy log cabin in the woods. No YT stardom. I doubt if in his emasculated state he's able to get it up for any of those dried up hags everyone thinks he's shagging. He's probably the mystery handyman now living in one of the old servants rooms in the attic. Whiling away his time playing online solitaire. He's looking back on those days with Fanny in London and Paris acting like a first rate cad with the sunglasses and flashy teeth. Yeah, that's right Dan, you conned yourself! Can't even get away with an unreliable van that's always breaking down. Meanwhile, his ex is blooming, becoming more beautiful and happy everyday.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Butch, straight, manly, masculine, virile Fill-Up must be popping a lot of boners around the Argentinian’s busty, hot mother. 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I know I harp on the old Vlogs..... But knowing now what I didn't know then.... I watch them with new eyes. As they pop up as suggested by you tube. I watch. Today is was during lockdown. They routinely ate in the dining room they put the new log burner in. They used the fireplace. Today Nics. Marie made food. She made a dish of vegetables. Fanny remarked "how wonderful we don't usually make vegetables". What kind of crazy place is that???? All that room, greenhouse and they don't have vegetables????

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I loved that book. And 55 years on it remains is in the toy cupboard worn and loved. Children nowadays seem to like different styles🙁 . More learning about isms less about morals
I used that book, The Little Red Hen, with my 5th graders. Of course, they were totally confused as to why I was reading it to them. Their assignment was to figure out the moral of the story and present their findings. Lot's of "Huh? We don't know what it means. Is it suppose to mean something?" More hair pulling and exasperation followed with slumping and sighing. Didn't work, didn't let them off the hook until they completed the assignment. After a while, I could hear a few "Oh, I think I get it now!" Mean old teacher! 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I quit watching last year so I'm not sure which vlog I just had on while stripping the decorations & tree ...maybe the last one of the season?
Anyway, what cringe fest....from the stiff, awkward kiss to the uncoordinated dancing it was all so bad it was almost good😀

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.