The Chateau Diaries #204 Fanny put more $ into her sagging face than her sagging château!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fanny managed to get Ruth, who looked incredibly miserable, in a few shots. Ruthie had gifted her the Too Faced "You Drive Me Glazy" makeup palette (the irony of the name of it was not lost on me- LOL!)
Rexy ...... I laughed at that too!
Is Ruthie the one with the long blondish hair and a long face?? I cannot find her there 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Rexy ...... I laughed at that too!
Is Ruthie the one with the long blondish hair and a long face?? I cannot find her there 🤷‍♀️
No, she is the one with the long dark hair up in a bun with Potts at the 7:17 mark. We get little glimpses of her at dinner as well. She's actually the only naturally pretty person in the Shitoo.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Someone had said they think Isobelle has dementia, I noticed Auntie being very kind to Isobelle, almost as if it's their last Christmas with her... she does seem spaced out a lot.. As far as your nephew reaching out... I think that's very kind of him, and I would do it. Maybe it's just my family, but I find men tend to mind their own business... if she raised a sensitive guy like that, she can't be all bad. Have the conversation with him included about where it all went wrong.. she may not realize how selfish her illness made her.
Isobel is drained.
She is replete. Her daughter has not lived up to her hopes and dreams and to see everything she hoped for wasted on that pathetic boy . On top all the shambles of the castle falling down and no builders. She can see what a mess it is and she hates mess.
I think Isobel is cross, agitated and is now looking for ways to let off steam.
Stephanie was trying to show off the lovely flowers and table display squirrel had done with the nativity set. BTW who at the last minute puts a nativity set in the table? And she said where will all the dishes go? No word of praise that the princess hoped for.
And I agree the food must be cold. The gravy looked congealed and revolting.
Who puts dishes on the table? The sideboard had no decorations apart from some ugly ornaments and could easily have had a hot plate on it to put the dishes on.
I know in the uk it is traditional although not adhere too… to have warm plates.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
No, she is the one with the long dark hair up in a bun with Potts at the 7:17 mark. We get little glimpses of her at dinner as well. She's actually the only naturally pretty person in the Shitoo.
Got it !

Oh she does not look like she is part of the CD Pantomime Party !

You are right , she is the only pretty person there . Fanny must dislike her, as she looks younger too.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I can't believe I am partially agreeing with Phiphi - we lived in Holland when I was a kid and my sisters and I went to a local primary school. Everyone had to go home for lunches and we were often invited to other kids' houses for lunch, so I got to experience what they were eating.
It was very stodgy and heavy on the carbs and sugars.
It's not like I didn't like it - my favourite Dutch food was poffertches and fries with pindersaus - but wasn't that keen on the cake sandwiches.
I'm certain that the adult palate includes more spices and herbs but they would be introduced from other countries and more readily available in the big smoke, not standard suburbia in the 70s.
Yet Phi Phi was not even being thought about in the 70’s….. He is not well travelled or educated. He does love beetroot and drinking pineapple juice. I am wondering what a typical Dutch beetroot recipe might be.? He likes Macdonalds 🤣🙄

she has the manners of a sewer rat inviting all those guests not having a turkey, not doing any grocery shopping, cooking or serving he guests not a hand lifted
Let’s face it. She is unable to organise buying a turkey. How will she ever manage to oversee the chapel restoration etc.
She has relied on Isobel yet we can see she wants out.
Are Tante and Toncle going to be around more and managing things?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Fanny managed to get Ruth, who looked incredibly miserable, in a few shots. Ruthie had gifted her the Too Faced "You Drive Me Glazy" makeup palette (the irony of the name of it was not lost on me- LOL!) It's currently on sale for $24 US, and has some great colours- which is surprising as Too Faced palettes are usually on the pricier side (I own far too many already, but this one is cute!), and Fanny applied it with a trowel. (Which may explain why it is now on sale- thanks Fanny- you're a shyte brand ambassador!) Good lord, Fanny, do you not own any good makeup brushes?!? Who taught you to apply eye makeup? A clown? You've got to blend, girl! Michael Petherick would NEVER have let her go downstairs looking like that. But PROPS to Ruthie (even though we get the hidden meaning) for gifting her something far more appropriate for her age than some sparkling granny Chanel No 5 body oil.
Ah Phillipa didn't really buy that Chanel N°5 for Fanny. It bought it for itself. Just like the plates. What's the bet that it was mincing around on boxing day morning in a cloud of Chanel N°5...🙄🙄🙄😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I noticed Dan wasn't wearing his paper crown at the table and not laughing with the rest of them. Does he really enjoy partaking in these shenanigans or is he just so lonely that he'll put up with this circus? I bet he's missing his kids and family life this year. Dan, if you read here please note, these are not friends, these are misfits and users. AnnMarie is not you buddy. He'll turn on you if the family does. Nick the Treeman seems honest and trustworthy, cultivate a nice friendship with him. Billy P. may be okay, I don't follow him, so really no opinion other than what people here say about him. Stay clear of Ryan - loose canon that one. But whatever you do, please no more children until you are financially secure and can take care of the ones you have. One more thing, get a proper job with benefits. You're not getting any younger. You're going to need all the financial help you can get when and if you get old. The ruin is a hobby not a job.
Ok, I don’t like Dan the gardener. I agree with others who have posted this already, he must be living at the chateau again. He was there Christmas Eve, Christmas morning and into the night. I’m glad he’s prioritizing the important things in his life for everyone to see. He’s a piece of crap. 🕶💩

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Isobel is drained.
She is replete. Her daughter has not lived up to her hopes and dreams and to see everything she hoped for wasted on that pathetic boy . On top all the shambles of the castle falling down and no builders. She can see what a mess it is and she hates mess.
I think Isobel is cross, agitated and is now looking for ways to let off steam.
Stephanie was trying to show off the lovely flowers and table display squirrel had done with the nativity set. BTW who at the last minute puts a nativity set in the table? And she said where will all the dishes go? No word of praise that the princess hoped for.
And I agree the food must be cold. The gravy looked congealed and revolting.
Who puts dishes on the table? The sideboard had no decorations apart from some ugly ornaments and could easily have had a hot plate on it to put the dishes on.
I know in the uk it is traditional although not adhere too… to have warm plates.
This mother/daughter relationship is a lesson to other parents about getting too involved in their adult child's life. The chateau should be run as a professional business, which it's not. Isabelle obviously has no business acumen, otherwise she would never have gotten involved. She needs to disentangle herself financially and emotionally from it ASAP. There's nothing she can do to help Fanny, but she can still help herself. Fanny is selfish and clueless about her mother's mental and physical state. In her mind, Ma will live forever, much easier that way instead of thinking about the inevitable of having to be a caretaker and death. It must be a difficult situation for Ma being that Fanny is her only child and such a mess. I sometimes think Fanny's irresponsible behavior is going to send her mother to her grave before her time. We reap what we sow.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Who is repulsive? This?
Hmmm.
I've thought about what he would look like without the scraggly beard, long hair, comb over and everything he does to fake his hair loss.
Clean shaven, bald, short back and sides.
Quite ordinary comes to mind.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I am beginning to wonder whether PJ was specifically employed by SJ from the beginning to act the part of her boyfriend. It must have been quite a few years since she and Potty split. She strikes me as being the sort of person who would be embarrassed if others thought she couldn't attract a partner. She couldn't tolerate a stronger, older, and more intelligent person who might try to curb her lifestyle and spending and who was wise enough to recognise the enormous problems she has. Perhaps PJ's real job for which he receives payment is just to pretend they are a couple and accompany her on her travels. He indulges her and would not dare to interfere with her lifestyle. In return, he gets free accomodation, a salary and unlimited travel. This is to show the world that, despite her age, she can attract a younger man (idiotic fans believe it) while allowing her to do exactly as she pleases and to hide any other casual relationships she may have. She may well be the cause of Dan's break up but PJ provided a shield. It may be the greatest role he'll ever play in his career!
It wouldn't surprise me if he gets taken to Dubai to be the cameraman! Poor Gerry!
Agree . He is lady of the bed chamber. He gets her a cup of tea. He chooses her clothes, he accompanies her EverYWHerE…. And he PRAISES her. He is and idiot and fake.
Why did his parents do a no show for Christmas. We all thought it odd they met his mother for her birthday at the Christmas market …….
Do you think as a family they watch the chateau diaries and see how ridiculous they look. They certainly like to watch themselves on the tv show.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Agree . He is lady of the bed chamber. He gets her a cup of tea. He chooses her clothes, he accompanies her EverYWHerE…. And he PRAISES her. He is and idiot and fake.
Why did his parents do a no show for Christmas. We all thought it odd they met his mother for her birthday at the Christmas market …….
Do you think as a family they watch the chateau diaries and see how ridiculous they look. They certainly like to watch themselves on the tv show.
They are there now for Boxing Day! I guess Phyllis is becoming British now. There really was no point in them being there for Christmas as it was going to be filmed. They would have to put bags on their heads ala Nick. Plus they wouldn't know all those other wackos. Who wants to spend Christmas with a bunch of weirdos they don't know? Not me!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Do Tattlers really think Phiphi is that cold and calculated or is he acting off instinct?
I wonder if he's deliberately making down the princess so no one else wants her - you know like a 'Feeder' makes someone eat and eat and eat so they can't get out of bed and escape into someone else's arms.
Although - to be fair, I'm starting to fancy having my own Feeder/Making-Downer - does that make me like Fanny?
OMG am I a Narc???
:oops:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Do you think anyone ever says "Stephanie you have invited all these people here for Christmas get off your arse and do something?" If I behaved like her my Mum would definitely tell me
You are forgetting….🤣she bought crowns because the ones in the crackers are not blingy enough.
How many sets did she buy…. No expense spared. Where are the big sacks of presents? She was careful not to film them.
In fact the effort to not film things is exhausting her.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.