The Chateau Diaries #204 Fanny put more $ into her sagging face than her sagging château!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know anything about bread sauce, but the Italians use stale bread in many recipes from salads to soups. It takes a tremendous amount of energy to make a loaf of bread from growing the wheat to the final product, just ask The Little Red Hen. Why waste any of it? Also, many meats in the old days may not have been of the quality they are today. Putting sauce on it would have made it more palatable. The Victorians were known for saucing everything.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Someone tell her the bread sauce is not the main event... where was she when the turkey was presented? I will say, does anyone else cook their turkey on a cookie sheet?? Can't believe they didn't set the place on fire!
Well it’s funny you should say that. The instructions for the beef wellington I cooked last night to lay on baking paper on a baking sheet which I did. After about 30 minute at gas 7, 220 c or 425 f the baking paper caught fire. Quite frightening at the time.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I always serve bread sauce (I am about Fanny's age) it is traditional with turkey, I do cranberry sauce too (I don't like it), sprouts, roast parsnips, braised red cabbage, roast and mashed potatoes and cauliflower cheese as my veggie sister loves it and doesn't like carrots. Followed by Christmas Pudding and Mince pies
That’s unusual having roast and mash potatoes, not heard of that before.

Reactions: 9
If you look back to when Phillipa first arrived, it didn't seem to have an issue with it's hair. Did Fanny get it on the paint path?

Reactions: 13
Wasn't it Chloe, the American wannabe actress/comedienne, who was the interim/intermittent cook who was married?

Sorry, @noisette i Replied to entirely the wrong post...I.e. wondering about Miss Texas' marital status.

Anyway, I'm delighted to see another vote for bread sauce. It doesn't seem to have a massive following on here!!
Yes, you are correct- it was Chloe (who looks uncannily like Stuart) who was married. I think that is where the confusion came from, as not only did they look quite similar, are Americans (Chloe is from California, Stuart is from Texas) but both also possess brash personalities, and Chloe cooked many meals while she was there as well. Stuart is not married.

Reactions: 18
Is bread sauce a Northern English thingy?
My mum is 92 and from Southern England - dad was midlands - we have never ever had bread sauce for Christmas.
(I'll go and ask her why in a minute)
Hadn’t thought of that. I’m south of England as are most people I know.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
If you look back to when Phillipa first arrived, it didn't seem to have an issue with it's hair. Did Fanny get it on the paint path?
He's losing more and more of it as he ages, plus seeing himself on the vlogs probably influenced his decision to disguise it. It's only going to work so long and then he will have to change course. Transplant, wig, spray on powder, cut short, shave, continue wearing a beanie. I do wonder what he would like like with it cut quite short, not shaved. He simply does not have the right shape head for it to be shaved with that extra wide forehead. He's such a vain little twit. Maybe he'll go full on white powdered wig! I think he'd actually like that. It would go well with his tights, heels and brooches.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Hadn’t thought of that. I’m south of England as are most people I know.
I remember my grandmother giving us bread sauce one Christmas. She was from London so probably it was pretty universal.

Reactions: 11
I don’t know anyone who has bread sauce anymore. Be interesting to see what other British tattlers think.
I love bread sauce…..
also creamed parsnips not those limp looking things.
Half a carrot each and one chipolata. ( and no not euphemism for Squirrel) for 20 people who had waited for 4 hours for dinner and the food was not plentiful!
Squirrels parents are not there.
Fanny looks 60. Squirrel choosing her clothes has aged her. He really is trying to be a grown up host. Lighting the candles , fluffing the plates , arranging the crackers. BUT goodness he has been busy buying that Fleur de lys gold Spode china. Those cabbage plates he gave Fanny are nothing compared to the volume of dishes , platters and plates he has obtained. Patron have paid for those and his time searching no doubt .
And as for flicking his hair about. Yuk yuk yuk.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Hot off the YT press! I assume Phyllis posted this and not Fanny. It looks like his parents came today. Smart to avoid the last two days of induced mania.
Did they Phyllis, did they really?!? Or were you caught reading Tattle again and knew we’d been questioning where your ‘rents were?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
He's losing more and more of it as he ages, plus seeing himself on the vlogs probably influenced his decision to disguise it. It's only going to work so long and then he will have to change course. Transplant, wig, spray on powder, cut short, shave, continue wearing a beanie. I do wonder what he would like like with it cut quite short, not shaved. He simply does not have the right shape head for it to be shaved with that extra wide forehead. He's such a vain little twit. Maybe he'll go full on white powdered wig! I think he'd actually like that. It would go well with his tights, heels and brooches.
I can't help but think of Michael Bolton when I see Philip's hair now. It's not good.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Let's talk about the dancing at the party. The Argentians could shake a leg and were fun to watch doing their salsa jig. Ricky Ricardo could also do the mumbo jumbo. But, once again, the white boys looked like they were being electrocuted! The Blob didn't even make an attempt, boy is he a party pooper! Fanny and Ma can't dance either. Ma thinks she can with those great legs of hers, Fanny thinks she can too, not! And Phyllis, what a let down! He'll never make the gay party scene with those two left feet. I thought musical theater actors took dancing lessons, no?

To be honest, I couldn't dance either until I took a world music class and learned about rhythm and had my husband, who before I knew him, was a ballroom dance instructor, give me lessons Ya gotta feel the beat baby! Hold your abs nice and tight and the rest of your body loose. I don't tango, too boring! Salsa and swing for me, waltz is fun too in a nice big ballroom with a full length full skirt! 💃 Polka can get pretty wild!
Fanny and Gerry both have the same gait when walking , they throw their left foot….
dancing definitely is with two left feet.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Probably seeing himself on video all the time made him self conscience about it. Sad really.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Fanny managed to get Ruth, who looked incredibly miserable, in a few shots. Ruthie had gifted her the Too Faced "You Drive Me Glazy" makeup palette (the irony of the name of it was not lost on me- LOL!) It's currently on sale for $24 US, and has some great colours- which is surprising as Too Faced palettes are usually on the pricier side (I own far too many already, but this one is cute!), and Fanny applied it with a trowel. (Which may explain why it is now on sale- thanks Fanny- you're a shyte brand ambassador!) Good lord, Fanny, do you not own any good makeup brushes?!? Who taught you to apply eye makeup? A clown? You've got to blend, girl! Michael Petherick would NEVER have let her go downstairs looking like that. But PROPS to Ruthie (even though we get the hidden meaning) for gifting her something far more appropriate for her age than some sparkling granny Chanel No 5 body oil.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
It takes a tremendous amount of energy to make a loaf of bread from growing the wheat to the final product, just ask The Little Red Hen. Why waste any of it?
I think of Fanny as Chicken Little…The farmhouse is falling! The farmhouse is falling!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.