The Chateau Diaries #204 Fanny put more $ into her sagging face than her sagging château!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably a good idea in order to keep the forum from dying out.
I don't watch any of the other chateau vlogs, but I'd still skim through to see what legal troubles the Queen of grifting gets herself entangled with...
I don’t watch the others except when they intercept with Dame F4F and then just chateau love , makers no manners and Dan without a plan. Maybe there could be a separate tattle for the chateauverse

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Thank you for the kind words! It's how I was raised- extra amenities in the guest bathroom (like toothbrushes and toothpaste, razors, etc in case someone forgot something), plenty of fluffy towels, quality soap/shampoo/conditioner, plenty of bog roll... Always clean (high-quality) linens on the guest bed (with ironed pillowcases), good pillows (that have an additional protective case on them), an assortment of phone chargers (friends and family always seem to forget them), lip balms, sleep masks, ear plugs, and little tubes of hand cream in the nightstands. Mr. T Rex jests I should be in the hospitality industry.

You are too sweet! The meal prep actually came out of necessity- what a time saver! I gleaned so many recipes from Sally's Baking Addiction that I cannot take credit- and my neighbours are my test subjects for new recipes.

LOL @Beachgirl! I love brekkie, so tend to go all out when we have guests. I'd be perfectly happy with your brekkie, though- I LOVE bread and pain au chocolat!
Looks like you might have to upgrade your guest amenities by adding monogrammed bathrobes. It might become a 'thing'.
When people stay with me they get a comfy bed. Nice room. Everything is clean. There's good food and that's it lol.
I would fail badly as host but I is not a hotel lol 😁😂

Okay so this was a little weird coincidence. This just randomly showed up in my Insta feed. But look who liked it? PhiPhi. What the hell is he doing liking the private fashion show scene in a 1962 movie with Doris Day? Yeah. Sure he’s straight.
I can just imagine guys rushing to shower after a rugby match or workout at the gym so that they can pop into their glad rags and rush off to watch a fashion show 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Aaaand to teach all of you how to correctly wrap presents for your favorite YouTubers ..

Is there no end to his sophistication and domesticity?
I was hoping the camera would pan around and show his "friend" that came by for night-time tea, choco cake, turkey frappe sammies, and tossed salad.
1672191484871.png

When I saw the butter, rum, and brown sugar I almost thought he'd whip up some hot buttered rum, but no such luck.
1672191680637.png
1672192090543.png

• Haha
Reactions: 16
A lot of us have grown a bit bored and weary about CD and Stephanie Jarvis’s. What about making this Chateau Diaries forum into a chateauverse forum? Would it be a good or bad thing for Stephanie? …and us? 🤷‍♀️
I skipped way ahead (can't keep up) but I was going to ask what actually happened to SJ in 2022? Did she decline, did she climb? Did posters here have any effect? Are we all just wasting our breath? Having fun? I used to find it fun but now it just seems like we are all yapping. Most of the chateauverse keep on, keeping on. But, I'd be cool with whatever :)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I can't believe I am partially agreeing with Phiphi - we lived in Holland when I was a kid and my sisters and I went to a local primary school. Everyone had to go home for lunches and we were often invited to other kids' houses for lunch, so I got to experience what they were eating.
It was very stodgy and heavy on the carbs and sugars.
It's not like I didn't like it - my favourite Dutch food was poffertches and fries with pindersaus - but wasn't that keen on the cake sandwiches.
I'm certain that the adult palate includes more spices and herbs but they would be introduced from other countries and more readily available in the big smoke, not standard suburbia in the 70s.
I lived in Berkenwoude from 1988 to 1992. I couldn’t wait to escape. I put on 4 stone putting up with boring housfrau life. The food and the people were full.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Okay so this was a little weird coincidence. This just randomly showed up in my Insta feed. But look who liked it? PhiPhi. What the hell is he doing liking the private fashion show scene in a 1962 movie with Doris Day? Yeah. Sure he’s straight.
The best part about the Doris Day show was the annual vanity fashion show the writers had to shoehorn into the script for her. So hilariously awful! Do yourselves a favor and watch them all! Here are a couple:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Looks like you might have to upgrade your guest amenities by adding monogrammed bathrobes. It might become a 'thing'.
When people stay with me they get a comfy bed. Nice room. Everything is clean. There's good food and that's it lol.
I would fail badly as host but I is not a hotel lol 😁😂
I do go out of my way for my guests, but even I draw the line at monogrammed bathrobes and Hermes blankets! I want these people (as much as I love them all) to leave eventually! 😂 When I am a guest in someone else's home, I am just happy to have a clean room to sleep in! Good food is always a plus! No no, you are a fine host! ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
A lot of us have grown a bit bored and weary about CD and Stephanie Jarvis’s. What about making this Chateau Diaries forum into a chateauverse forum? Would it be a good or bad thing for Stephanie? …and us? 🤷‍♀️
I'd like to keep it as it is. We already discuss other Chateaus and people associated.
But if we change the title it will take the pressure off Fanny, and also make her happy. She is the worst grifter and I think the spotlight of our forums title should be on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Now, let’s not jump to conclusions! Rock Hudson played opposite Doris Day in that film, and he was the epitome of the rugged, handsome, straight American male. They don’t come any straighter than Rock Hudson! 100% all-American hetero!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
The best part about the Doris Day show was the annual vanity fashion show they had to shoehorn into the script for her. So hilariously awful! Do yourselves a favor and watch them all!
I grew watching Doris Day movies. As a child I loved her. As an adult I also loved her because she was such an animal rights activist and sheltered so many dogs and cats. She was a really good person. I never liked her singing though because she didn't have a very good voice. She was a like a ray of sunshine on screen, but in her private life wasn't always so happy.

Now, let’s not jump to conclusions! Rock Hudson played opposite Doris Day in that film, and he was the epitome of the rugged, handsome, straight American male. They don’t come any straighter than Rock Hudson! 100% all-American hetero!
That's right, and Doris Day was naturally a platinum blonde. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
The best part of some of us losing interest in Fanny is that is the worst thing for narcissists. I skimmed the Gift Grab today for a few minutes. Ma is done with it. Auntie, as mentioned, is being a good sport with her cheerful nature. Unpleasant appearance by skanky Dana. And the worst QVC acting by Nati and Fanny. More junk for the landfill. Cheap candy. Cheap ugly mugs. Cheap, cheap, cheap. There may have been something of interest but I didn't stay to find out.

Unfortunately, I don't watch the other chateau diaries. I think CD burned me on being interested in chateauverse. I know I don't have anything new to say about CD anymore. I enjoy French culture so I will continue to subscribe to some of the lifestyle channels and IG accounts which feature that in an informative manner. I also enjoy the camaraderie here and would hate to give that up. Not sure about where this is going and where I will fit into it. I know things have gotten desperate when my input is about dental care and I now know more about fruitcake and bread sauce than about the bottom of the ocean.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
There‘s a lot more cases of super gonnoreah in the elderly population!
I did a bit of a communications post-grad study and one of the lecturers said he was seconded to a medical university to teach communication - one of the main reasons or catalysts for asking him was because the graduates were doing their internships at hospitals and whilst they could see the symptoms were STDs, because the patients were over 60 and 70, it didn't occur to them that they could be STDs. They didn't realise that with the high rates of divorce, older people were out screwing around. :oops: :LOL:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
The best part about the Doris Day show was the annual vanity fashion show the writers had to shoehorn into the script for her. So hilariously awful! Do yourselves a favor and watch them all! Here are a couple:

PhiPhi will be beside himself with arousal over the granny chic showcased in those old fashion shows. He might want to find a good wigmaker to make him some switches so he can emulate the hairstyles too.🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'd like to keep it as it is. We already discuss other Chateaus and people associated.
But if we change the title it will take the pressure off Fanny, and also make her happy. She is the worst grifter and I think the spotlight of our forums title should be on her.
I don’t think anyone is suggesting changing the forum name or take the focus off of the grifting. I’m afraid that if we keep going in the current direction with the same rinse and repeats we’re been experiencing the forum will die sooner than Fanny’s accountability. That would really take the pressure off of her and no one here wants that.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Shrek Jr and his Twink need to sell a couple of Hermes blankets and hire an editor. Boring.

It’s sad to see a gay couple putting out crap. Come on, guys.

View attachment 1834444
When I was a post-grad student I worked on campus for the audio visual services - the boss was a super camp guy in his late 40s who used to bore me silly with stories about his cat, his mum and how bad the more left wing government was. I was used to hanging out with staunch butch dykes and highly political gays so I was sort of shocked to discover that gay people could be politically right wing or conservative. It was a sharp learning curve for my 19 year old self. I guess it's important to remember that being gay also doesn't mean you come with impeccable taste. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.