The Chateau Diaries #201 Titties on a tree and poop in the nativity… so lie lande

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to comment on the "Latin American" tamales. They in no way resembled any traditional tamales I've ever seen; and living in southern California I've seen a lot! I knew something was off when they brought out the banana leaf instead of the usual corn husk. What he made was either a regional variation or a Filipino bubuto.

Regarding foil, a Cuban pal of mine wraps them in foil and boils instead of steaming them.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
We are the Smug's and we will only respond to people who give us money or adulation. The rest of you peasants have no taste or enough money to even speak with us so just piss off-we've got a grift to make.

Can I just say when people are running a b n b they tend to have to be nice to you it is part of the job you ares licker Go GO cHATEAU

GoGo Chateau
19 minutes ago
Order in!!! Wow, who knew the price of candles could generate such debate!!!!
emoji_u1f605.png
I had the good fortune of staying at Le Fleur a couple of days last year and was soooo utterly impressed with everything about the experience … I just purchased the green candle to not only remind me of that trip but to support Anna & Philipp because they are lovely people
emoji_u2764.png

Show less

gtjknmRT3PbrY44CmOswbg3i=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

How To Renovate A Chateau

9 minutes ago
Thank you so much for your kind message! So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! warm regards and hope you like the candle as much as we do :)

Oj6Hun0KXkGkkuOjNtcLNuyI=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

GoGo Chateau
6 minutes ago
@How To Renovate A Chateau I’m sure it will be divine!!! Congrats & Happy Holidays!

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I can’t believe that not one of the Fleuries friends or family, who probably vetted this idea, didn’t sit them down and warn them this could happen. The marketing people wouldn’t, the perfumer wouldn’t , the production company wouldn’t.

I’ve been down this road many times. Companies that want your business are not invested in your success or well-being. Once they design your packaging, or design your logo, or create your candle scent they get paid and move on. Unless you are a multimillion dollar business, they don’t care once they issue that invoice.

They were probably over-charged for their little thought and design experiment by everyone - thus leading to the ridiculous price point. 12 people in meetings when 1 would do. No one at the glass or candle company probably thought about the fact that their audience is international and it would cost a mint to ship when they were designing the glass vessel. They didn’t give a tit. They made it heavy as possible, because “luxury”.

They also increased their cost by choosing two different colors for their packaging. You double your set up costs when the boxes are made and printed. Print on the inside of the box, even more money. Weight of the paper, heavier is more money. Number of impressions, more money.

Logo is completely useless. You can’t tell who or what they are even are by looking at it. You can’t apply it across all product either.

They should have just incorporated an element of her wallpaper design into a logo with words. Preferably with the name of their Chateau. Look at Magnolia by Chip and Joanna Gaines. Their brand is the homes they build and remodel and the decor they design. They have successfully moved into food and garden, but they did the decor and home building first.

Candles should have come in 25th down the line. Number one - her wallpaper turned into fabric or ceramics. Number two maybe his photography as prints. Number three her tiles or ceramics. Number 4 the granola they made for the breakfasts. Number 5 prints of anything related to the shitload of historical documents or drawings they have of the chateau. (You can print that tit on anything. Pillows. Shirts. Prints. Blankets. Mugs. For Christmas - how about an on-theme bleeping Christmas ornament released three months before Christmas.

But no, they have to do candles because it’s the first thing people think of when they want to cook up a business. People use them up and buy them again. $$$$$$$. But not at $110 a pop. It has nothing to do with them or their story. Never even spoke of it before. Their schtick is green paint arguments. Not how something smells. Oh and what is the one thing you can’t do with their vlog? You can’t bleeping smell it.

Final thought, they are vlogging themselves doing the work on the cheap, using pros part of the time. That is their brand. That and their artistic abilities. Oh and their humor. Their brand is tangential to luxury and the careless spending of money. Their Brand is how to have luxury on the cheap by doing it yourselves. Oh I got it, they should have produced a candle kit for $29.99 and free shipping.
Perfectly summed up… Can I hire you? 😆

• Heart
  • Haha
Methinks that quite a few Tattle members are commenting too, AND, why the hell not?
We are and, always have been, the voice of reason where these grifters are concerned.
I said it months ago, pride certainly comes before a fall! The Fleuries just got far too big for their delusional boots and thought that people would be loyal to them no matter what!
And, just like another member here said earlier, KARMA is a beach!
You thinks correctly. Not under my name though. Seen my comments posted here. 😊

• Haha
  • Heart
Last night on BBC's Newsnight, they showed a report from a community in the north of England. It showed the nightmare that working people, the elderly and the unemployed are facing to eat, heat and survive this winter period. It was heartbreaking to watch. So, when we see these fuckers gallivanting to London, flogging candles etc., I hope that there is a severe dose of Karma awaiting them.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
OMG just watched the Magical Modernist Mansion peeps choosing a Xmas tree and hauling it up the stairs in their apartment. If you want a laugh for a while, tune in! Granny is being artistic and the kids are a bit strange. Ollie Darlink, please be careful!
Thank god for her though, he can't organize his way out of a paper bag!

SNAP!! That's not me though funny enough...

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Hello Tattlers,

Long time lurker, first time poster!
I wanted to say, it's been so entertaining and validating to find this gem of a community. I got sucked in the chateauverse during the pandemic, like a lot of you I imagine! It was a form of escapism, day dreaming about restoration: I pictured myself losing immense amounts of time adding my small contribution to preservation efforts.

It started with Lalande, then the Fleuries, then branched out to smaller channels, but I have to say I'm getting chateau-ed out. While of course a lot of it felt click baity, or misaligned with what I would do (I mean at some point, there IS too much toile de Jouy), I kept watching because it still gave be that form of escapism. I started watching less and less as the CLL vlogs became more inauthentic (the forced laughs, the child-like voice, catching glimpses of people's reactions to getting a camera shoved in their faces) it reminded me of toxic workplaces that claim they're like a family. I keep watching out of morbid curiosity, and mostly to know what you're all talking about!

I felt compelled to finally write today after the Fleuries posted the candle vlog. I find of all the chateau channels out there, I'm most disappointed with theirs. I feel with Lalande, I kind of know what I'm getting, it's like a food court meal - it's not great, but it does its job. The Fleuries, I saw potential. I LOVED the humour, the DIY, the style too. Then they closed the B&B, and now the exorbitantly priced candles... it feels like I've seen behind the curtain and I'm just disgusted. Asking 110 euros for a candle you can't smell oozes of privilege.

In a way it's not entirely their fault, I think their rapid rise in popularity put them in a place where -- unless they made an effort to remain grounded -- it would be impossible to not be out of touch with the rest of us. For a lot of us 3 years of pandemic, global hardships, financial insecurities, a harsh winter ahead, and general feeling of burn out have set the scene to a feeling of great disconnect with people flaunting their wealth/possessions/travels. I wonder if we weren't experiencing these hard times, would we feel this grossed out by 110 euro candles? I still wouldn't buy them, but in our current context it feels especially insulting.

Anyway! I thought I'd add my grain of salt here.
Thank you all for the free entertainment!

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Imo the Fleuries have tried to create a rip off Cire Trudon candle. Same 270g as Trudon, same box as Trudon, green and amber glass like Trudon. Their arrogance and ignorance has been their downfall though. Cire Trudon is the oldest candlemaker in France, going since 1643 and have perfected their product over centuries, it’s sold here in the UK in Harrods, Fortnum and Mason, Selfridges, etc - incredibly high end luxury shops. Not only have The Fleuries tried to mimic the prestigious Trudon with their fledgling offering but they’ve priced it much higher than them too believing them and their copy to be superior.
Anna knows ALL about Cire Trudon because she choose their candle to gift Fanny Does Fuckall during their Easter stay in the crumbling tower. SHE is behind this new candle venture imo and I think this her ego we’re seeing.
View attachment 1808879
View attachment 1808880
Yes-- I totally thought that she's trying to create the next Cire Trudon. I bought a few CT after SJ went on about them-- I do like some of the scents, but others are not my favorite at all and I regret spending the money on them. My favorite candles are Votivo, especially the Red Current scent: www.votivo.com.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
We had a few good laughs.

Ollie: we can buy that tree but there won't be any presents.

It didn't matter if Cami was at the front or back carrying the tree upstairs.
She ended up carrying the heaviest side.

I liked how they did not buy the more expensive tree.
And as a family they made a number of decorations.

All in all MMM was a refreshing contrast to the ugly excess at the castle.
But where are all their decorations from the UK? You have to wonder what the end game is with these people, did they leave everything in storage? There isn't any furniture either... If I moved I'd need two seacans!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
At Fleuries, the fun is in the comments!
Although, a comment is a comment, be it good or bad, and it counts. It is a pity.
Gods, all the fun I've been missing here! Looks like the Fleuries have been given a swift kick in the balls. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.