The Chateau Diaries #202 The Fleuries next Christmas grift candle may smell of greed, sweat & regret

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My local Intermarché is selling those hams for €56 and it includes a stand and a knife. I was eyeing them up on my cross border raid last week and in the Spanish supermarkets they were between €45 and €78. Again, including the stand and a knife. The prices varied depending on how long the ham had been hung.
Notoriety is what's in it for Andrew. Fanny fou flue is a well know YouTuber and on UK (and elsewhere) tv, he gains notoriety by association. Maybe he is hoping his castle will be picked for tv.

Reactions: 21
It really struck me as odd, as my mum is a Pollyanna sort- always happy and positive, so it was out of the blue and happened so quickly. The weather forecast is quite scary- stay safe and warm, and insulate what you can of your pipes if you've not already done so. Many positive thoughts your way!

Reactions: 19
I’m so sorry, guys. I bloody love it uncle also mentioned “Abigail’s Party” so I gave them extra points for that too.

Reactions: 18
That all sounds very troubling. Do you personally feel like Brexit has compounded the problem. Just wondering as an uneducated American.

Reactions: 16
So the Grand Salon ceiling is falling down so that the height can be raised.....it all makes sense now.
All these decisions to make as she welcomes a houseful of guests including her elderly mother and stepfather into a freezing firetrap that's also falling down!

Reactions: 20
e sorted and arranged all of Mumsie’s jewellery.
It's the sort of thing a ten year old girl would do, enjoy sorting out her grandma's jewellery boxes. And who hangs bags on a wall? He really is a child. Does he realise what a fool he makes of himself? At one point, it looked as if aunt and uncle were laughing together about him. I'd be furious if some stupid young upstart had re-arranged my apartment and sorted out my possessions. Fanny and Snorts are really like primary school children. They never, ever, act as responsible adults.

Reactions: 37
That is absolutely terrible. Healthcare is a critical infrastructure- without it, people die. What if the police forces strike as well? I watched the PM speak, and he seems so nonchalant about it- it's as if none of the politicians are taking it seriously. What an absolute mess.

I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. It's quite sickening the state the UK is in- and then there's Fanny, crying out for people to give her more money, traveling, buying expensive tea and baubles, hosting lavish dinners, stuffing herself with sweets and opening expensive gifts when her own countrymen are suffering and deciding between heat or food. "Ooh, Philip bought me more plates!"

Reactions: 20
Its a bloody nightmare ! It was -9 degrees in Scotland last week. I have a smart meter installed, so I can check my Electric and gas usage. £20 a day on gas ! The Electric is just as bad.. some folk are having to chose between heating or food. I’ve been keeping my eye on my elderly neighbours when it gets really cold.

Reactions: 24
Watching the latest cadeaux - she gets a fabulous coat, and PhiPhi immediately says "I feel like you need a muff. A wide muff". I didn't think he knew that word. But, the coat is pretty fabulous. With or without a muff. Sorry for my 12 year old humor...

Reactions: 27
DO YOU ALL REMEMBER. . . .back in the day, when Staph had to hurry to tell us that “yes, she and PhiPhi were girlfriend/boyfriend” - didn’t she add a disclaimer that she had never planned to say a thing. . . .and now all we get is my boyfriend, he’s my boyfriend - over and over and over and over and over again.
Please, pass the airline puke bag this way.

Reactions: 38
Omg I thought the same thing. Did he really say Muff????

I think she ordered that shit herself. The clothes always fit. The food is what’s needed for the rooms. She had dates on the brain before, so isn’t that coincidental. The name? Sultana? Bullshit.

Reactions: 30
That is astronomical! Goodness, this can not be sustainable. You are a kind soul- the elderly do get forgotten so often when people are just trying to survive themselves, so good on you. Many hugs and I pray things get better with the winter temps and the whole economic crisis.

Kiki does it again! Our very own intelligence bureau!!

Reactions: 22
I think she ordered that shit herself. The clothes always fit. The food is what’s needed for the rooms. She had dates on the brain before, so isn’t that coincidental. The name? Sultana? Bullshit.
I do think she's found a wealthy bored housewife fan in Saudi Arabia who was probably in Paris, and had a driver bring the gifts to the Shitoo. But, Fanny being Fanny, is going to use that opportunity to showcase those lavish gifts, which seems to cajole her rabid fans into trying to one-up- after all, there's a serious deficit of Fortnum & Mason hampers, Diptyque candles (Snorts made certain to point out HOW much Mummy LOVES candles!), perfumes and Bollinger this year, and Snorts and she only remember the names of those fans who have sent them extravagant gifts.

Reactions: 22
Thank you so much

Reactions: 9
Last night I messaged a close friend in Saudi Arabia to ask about the Bedouin farwa coat Fanny received in the latest gift grab. My friend in Jeddha says she has two that are very similar and thinks hers retailed for SA Riyals 2587.50.
Pound Stirling 564.71
US Dollar 688.14
Australian Dollar 1029.14

Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.