The Chateau Diaries #201 Titties on a tree and poop in the nativity… so lie lande

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imo the Fleuries have tried to create a rip off Cire Trudon candle. Same 270g as Trudon, same box as Trudon, green and amber glass like Trudon. Their arrogance and ignorance has been their downfall though. Cire Trudon is the oldest candlemaker in France, going since 1643 and have perfected their product over centuries, it’s sold here in the UK in Harrods, Fortnum and Mason, Selfridges, etc - incredibly high end luxury shops. Not only have The Fleuries tried to mimic the prestigious Trudon with their fledgling offering but they’ve priced it much higher than them too believing them and their copy to be superior.
Anna knows ALL about Cire Trudon because she choose their candle to gift Fanny Does Fuckall during their Easter stay in the crumbling tower. SHE is behind this new candle venture imo and I think this her ego we’re seeing.
View attachment 1808879
View attachment 1808880
Trudon have free shipping over 95 euros too... ugh, I hate them all... greedy, greedy, greedy.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
More choice comments. I love Sinan's posts but the "wtf" from jj sums it all up for me. WTF Fleuries?

Screenshot_20221215-171844_YouTube.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I’m way behind again, on page 2 of 15…
The Fleuries are a bit much and tone deaf with their super expensive candles. I guess I’m not their demographic. Am I the only one that loves Glade candles, especially their holiday scents?
46B49B5C-9B3D-4811-BBF3-36ADBB771755.jpeg

7CC50F3F-3362-4F14-B0C4-1439A214E6A2.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
a

¡Ole!, is the quintessential Bumbling Brit Abroad. Beyond useless, irritating beyond measure but (in small doses) possessing a certain charm.
I agree, he may have many foibles and quirks and is trying to follow new flues Fanny in her grifting but imo he is half hearted in his endeavours. If it works it works and more fool those that give their money to them but imo he is not a malicious, deceitful, evil scheming tit like Fanny, I think he has a conscience and also he appears to be still working at whatever he does, which is more than new flues Fanny. She has never done an honest days work in her life.

Edited to add Am I the only tartlet that couldn’t give 2 fucks about candles. Yes I do have some “nice” ones that have been gifted and some functional ones in case of power cuts but I never ever have lit candles in the house unless it’s a dire emergency.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
When the Smugs pissed in my breakfest cerial this morning - I really started analyzing my relationship with them. It ofcourse being oneway. Few likes on my earlier comment prior Tesla/sailboat.

I started thinking Mr Smug is just as big of a douche bag as Ed from Bordeaux. Mr Smug just has been able to cover his misogynistic tendencies with his "humour". And yes i know she is supposedly in on the joke.

I think the candle box was Pandoras and it let out all this tit to the world. I find it hard to believe there is anything else in the boxes anymore besides an overpriced candle.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Hello Tattlers,

Long time lurker, first time poster!
I wanted to say, it's been so entertaining and validating to find this gem of a community. I got sucked in the chateauverse during the pandemic, like a lot of you I imagine! It was a form of escapism, day dreaming about restoration: I pictured myself losing immense amounts of time adding my small contribution to preservation efforts.

It started with Lalande, then the Fleuries, then branched out to smaller channels, but I have to say I'm getting chateau-ed out. While of course a lot of it felt click baity, or misaligned with what I would do (I mean at some point, there IS too much toile de Jouy), I kept watching because it still gave be that form of escapism. I started watching less and less as the CLL vlogs became more inauthentic (the forced laughs, the child-like voice, catching glimpses of people's reactions to getting a camera shoved in their faces) it reminded me of toxic workplaces that claim they're like a family. I keep watching out of morbid curiosity, and mostly to know what you're all talking about!

I felt compelled to finally write today after the Fleuries posted the candle vlog. I find of all the chateau channels out there, I'm most disappointed with theirs. I feel with Lalande, I kind of know what I'm getting, it's like a food court meal - it's not great, but it does its job. The Fleuries, I saw potential. I LOVED the humour, the DIY, the style too. Then they closed the B&B, and now the exorbitantly priced candles... it feels like I've seen behind the curtain and I'm just disgusted. Asking 110 euros for a candle you can't smell oozes of privilege.

In a way it's not entirely their fault, I think their rapid rise in popularity put them in a place where -- unless they made an effort to remain grounded -- it would be impossible to not be out of touch with the rest of us. For a lot of us 3 years of pandemic, global hardships, financial insecurities, a harsh winter ahead, and general feeling of burn out have set the scene to a feeling of great disconnect with people flaunting their wealth/possessions/travels. I wonder if we weren't experiencing these hard times, would we feel this grossed out by 110 euro candles? I still wouldn't buy them, but in our current context it feels especially insulting.

Anyway! I thought I'd add my grain of salt here.
Thank you all for the free entertainment!
Welcome.

and MM wanting to see his art work. Why did he feel it necessary to say about his mental health?
Someone here already alluded to him being unwell. You were right!

Trying to heat these chateau is going to be costing the owners , and most don’t have Fanny’s income so they too must be feeling the pinch. I think the begging will get worse and become more desperate and bizarre.
Fanny is looking so dreadful. Her late nights , drinking and lack of exercise are written all over her face and very dry skin on her hands too.
She is looking more like Squirrel’s granny each day . He is styling her and putting brooches out too. All quite dreadful.

I am presuming the birthday party was not for Tante, her ….. godmother? Or surely bun boy would be in London too?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Fou
- Four Candles?… There you are, four candles.
- No, four candles!
- Well, there you are, four candles!
- No, fork 'andles! 'Andles for forks!

Four Candles.
- Four Candles?… There you are, four candles.
- No, four candles!
- Well, there you are, four candles!
- No, fork 'andles! 'Andles for forks!
When you know you know :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just out of interest, who are behind the Secret Chateau? Are they so secret, that nobody knows? :confused:
The secret Chateau is probably some Chateau owner in France, but French and angry at all these beggars from YT. He comes in occasionally with comments on vlogs, and he often participates in the comments at Jules100 as well.
We learned from him that the Danish art dealer sold the SJ chandeliers (because he was offering them to the owners of the chateau), and did not give them away.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Last night on BBC's Newsnight, they showed a report from a community in the north of England. It showed the nightmare that working people, the elderly and the unemployed are facing to eat, heat and survive this winter period. It was heartbreaking to watch. So, when we see these fuckers gallivanting to London, flogging candles etc., I hope that there is a severe dose of Karma awaiting them.
Am walking right alongside you in your thoughts and feelings. I really don't have the words in order to express my feelings adequately. Apart from 🤮

The secret Chateau is probably some Chateau owner in France, but French and angry at all these beggars from YT. He comes in occasionally with comments on vlogs, and he often participates in the comments at Jules100 as well.
We learned from him that the Danish art dealer sold the SJ chandeliers (because he was offering them to the owners of the chateau), and did not give them away.
Thank you @Tea with lemon.
I have often wondered how other "integrity lead" chateau owners really/truly feel about the grifting community within the chateau verse.
OMG, that would be absolutely mind blowing to hear their views/experiences, wouldn't it? ;)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.