The Chateau Diaries #201 Titties on a tree and poop in the nativity… so lie lande

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
you'd be surprised how fast this process is done.

for scent creation by a well known nose, you tell the person what your happy memories are, and based on that they do tit loads of research, add this oil and that oil sniff. don't like it skip and start. add this oil and that oil and a drop of such. perfect scent created. I remember I read about a gentle man who creates scent for wealthy people and the candles were sold in batches of 500. Unfortunately I can't remember what the candles costs. But the reason why this story has stuck with me is: how wealthy do you have to be to order 500 candles at once. the time frame from first visit to candles at your home was 6 weeks.

setting up machines is done fairly quickly. a washout through the pipes and the next batch is being prepared. They can do probably about 2 different scents a day. once the machine is set they could produce around 10K pcs per day. Production doesn't take long it is the washing out of the machinery which is time consuming.

Even if the R&D cost is higher there is no way that fleuries candles are of higher quality or more expensive then the nose lady herself.
Thanks @Luna20, much appreciated.
I think that that is exactly the Fleuries' downfall. They have outpriced themselves against the famous, well-known, long standing producers in the field and the actual "nose" that they thought they had better understanding of in that particular arena, rather than listening to her. 'Nuff said! :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 11
If that candle company is aware of all the negativ comments concerning their collaboration with the foweries?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
You could make tattle themed candles - I'm sure you'll have 15 customers :p
L'Air de Salope

Mme Smug has just replied to someone on Instagram who thinks they're wonderful (they must be a rich Patreon) that they are so glad they understand as they are wanting to create luxury products that people can cherish. Well, yes perhaps if you don't burn the bloody thing! Priceless!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I went to Fragonard in Grasse a few years ago and did their factory tour so used them as a comparison. Their Orange Blossom candle 200g €31, Fleuries 290g candle €110.
I love Fragonard. To me they’re a gold standard in fragrance. The Fleuries have lost their damn minds!

Reactions: 14
After a very relaxing morning I am now off out but had one more observation on The Smug's. Some of the comments on Candlegate on Chateau QVC are saying "would love to buy a candle to support the Chateau but too expensive". What I hope that people start to see is whether it is Patreon or candles the money isn't going into supporting any Chateaux it is going into funding these vane grandiose grifters lifestyle. The kitchen make over by the smug does nothing to conserve their house it was all about labels and high end appliances, bespoke kitchen cupboards and grifted paint. Their kitchen in real terms cost way over 100,000 these people are using us the viewers to fund a lifestyle they feel entitled too, just because they hold up their grifted phones and cameras and show us snippets of their make believe lives. Trust me my renovation paid for by my husband and are have had far more moments of hilarity, arguments and genuine work than this lot achieve in years. We give work to genuine craftsman who have become friends and no I don't have everything in my kitchen that my heart desired but it looks good and it was paid for by honest work and not duping people. I find this whole Chateauverse thing so odious now it is untrue. Fanny off to Fortnums probably stepping over homeless people without a care and the Smug's thinking we all want a whiff of their success. The Smug's now churn out a 15 minute flog a week if your lucky and they do very little else they do not deserve the money they are making. If he is such a great film maker and she is such a great designer they need to raise the bar-I am sick of them.
I 100% agree with you.
AND, tbh, I actually much preferred their original kitchen as opposed to the new. The new is just so stark and clinical. Fabulous craftmanship without any doubt, BUT, no atmosphere whatsoever, imho. Anna's tiles are gorgeous too.
As to F&M. In my previous corporate role, I used to order at least 40 hampers from the CEO for his executive team each Christmas - obviously paid for by the company, not him personally. But, he was such a snob!
Well, some of the items included in the F&M hampers were just so obscure that at least 25% used to end up as school Christmas tombola items the following year. Many executives confirmed this fact to me and we used to laugh about that fact!
Finally, I suggested to the CEO that we order huge hampers from either a fabulous fine wine seller or M&S, much cheaper and most certainly much more appreciated by all the executives. Without a doubt, all the executives actually thanked me profusely for speaking up. No problem for me, as I just could not ever comprehend style/snobbery over substance/acceptability and the tastes of the majority of "normal" people with young families.
Having said that, when I downsized last year, all my huge F&M hampers sold instantly on FB - RESULT! :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 13
L'Air de Salope

Mme Smug has just replied to someone on Instagram who thinks they're wonderful (they must be a rich Patreon) that they are so glad they understand as they are wanting to create luxury products that people can cherish. Well, yes perhaps if you don't burn the bloody thing! Priceless!
how would a salope smell?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Nino is absolutely right... A year and all they have to show is two candles. Also the website says they saw the flower 16th of may this year... Just saying. Plus the floging should habe started in August... I doubt if you would order now it would make it for Xmas.

I am sure they had to pay an arm and a leg for "the nose". But I bet they will still be flogging these candles year from now... The same one just with a stale top note.
Nah, they’ll be dumped on Kohl’s or TJ Maxx by then!😂😂😂

• Haha
I thought it was cotton wall balls stuffed into their cheeks😉
Well, imho, it certainly looks like that too. All very strange! But, I am sure that it ultimately cost them much more than a couple of cotton wool balls! ;)
BTW, went to Lidl at 8am this morning and bought 2 heated throws - one for me and one for my son. Sitting here reading and feeling rather, "snug as a bug in a rug"! Fabulous decision. :love:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm back forgot my bloody wallet. They're still only giving responses to those who are positive both on their QVC flog and instagram. Ummm suspect The Smug's don't like criticism. Would love to know how many they have sold

Dave Elswood
46 minutes ago
How many candles do you think you will sell at over £100? That is a ridiculous price for a consumable no matter how good it smells, you have cost yourself out of the market, it’s a totally luxury item you are trying to launch when the majority of the world is either in recession or heading towards it, I would be surprised if you manage to recoup your cost
emoji_u1f615.png

CzovbuGm9xeQeydDwbc9eJUQ=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Jess 1066
1 hour ago
Saddened by this vlog… people freezing in the UK this year with no heating and worse things going on in the world.. and you think this is a good time to sell us your expensive candle
emoji_u1f972.png
emoji_u1f972.png
emoji_u1f972.png

gZQQJOSNi8aOgBLCg4Fm9hfj=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Living in the Loire
51 minutes ago
I'm glad it's accessible to everyone. Good luck.

Never a truer word said:

1P5n_pCvga0uiBt6ko45YdEg=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Sean Martin
54 seconds ago
The comments have been much more entertaining than the vlog!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
you'd be surprised how fast this process is done.

for scent creation by a well known nose, you tell the person what your happy memories are, and based on that they do tit loads of research, add this oil and that oil sniff. don't like it skip and start. add this oil and that oil and a drop of such. perfect scent created. I remember I read about a gentle man who creates scent for wealthy people and the candles were sold in batches of 500. Unfortunately I can't remember what the candles costs. But the reason why this story has stuck with me is: how wealthy do you have to be to order 500 candles at once. the time frame from first visit to candles at your home was 6 weeks.

setting up machines is done fairly quickly. a washout through the pipes and the next batch is being prepared. They can do probably about 2 different scents a day. once the machine is set they could produce around 10K pcs per day. Production doesn't take long it is the washing out of the machinery which is time consuming.

Even if the R&D cost is higher there is no way that fleuries candles are of higher quality or more expensive then the nose lady herself.
I did a temp job for a few months at the local factory for Houbigant perfumes back in the 80s. They would have a production line for an EDT for one fragrance and a second for the Parfum of another fragrance. In another room they would be packaging the fragances from the day before.

yes! yes! I hate Angel but witch is slamming it with product + price. The mid market is far bigger than the luxury segment! You go girl with your stolen designs!

p.s.
Story time: Back in the day when Nike asked a lady to design their logo, they paid US$35 for it. When Nike became this huge global success they turned around and give the lady who created the Nike logo shares in Nike. Angel knew where MPK's design would be used for, paid him small $$ and got his design on home decor goods which are sold in a national retail chain in the UK. She could have pulled a Nike, and give MPK his shares of the profit.
Another greedy, look how clever I am cow.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I did a temp job for a few months at the local factory for Houbigant perfumes back in the 80s. They would have a production line for an EDT for one fragrance and a second for the Parfum of another fragrance. In another room they would be packaging the fragances from the day before.
OMG, that name takes me back, i.e. Houbigant. What were the names of their perfumes?

Reactions: 4
You guys remember The Fabulous Beekman Boys. Two gay guys moved to upstate New York to an old farm and started manufacturing soap from goat milk. https://beekman1802.com/
They have worked on their brand for over 10yrs I think. Sold in posh US department stores. And the prices are affordable.

I think if not F4F, maybe the candle producer managed to take them for a ride - promises of high profits and great future - and Smug is as smug does.

Some chatelaine might want to warm up their shitoo:
I saw another video this was debunked-- it would take 1000 tea lights to produce any significant heat

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Just watched the Patreon flog what a heap of tit nothing even worth mentioning at least Kat Krap didn't have her gut hanging out. They have been to Germany tonights flog and then London to get Fanny's Folded Forehead sorted and as shiny as a Christmas bauble. She has a new very expensive coat in pale blue. The garden Anglais is just a dire mud bath. A few more days away from the falling down Chateau for Fanny who needs to ensure her face doesn't slip further

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
OMG, that name takes me back, i.e. Houbigant. What were the names of their perfumes?
My favourite, which you can still get is Quelques Fleurs (I used buy from the staff shop), Raffinée, Chantilly, Lutéce and Musk were the ones produced at the factory I was at.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.