The Chateau Diaries #201 Titties on a tree and poop in the nativity… so lie lande

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, imho, it certainly looks like that too. All very strange! But, I am sure that it ultimately cost them much more than a couple of cotton wool balls! ;)
BTW, went to Lidl at 8am this morning and bought 2 heated throws - one for me and one for my son. Sitting here reading and feeling rather, "snug as a bug in a rug"! Fabulous decision. :love:
I work from home at a desk on the computer and my feet and legs get super cold, I wrap up in a heated throw and it's so great if my back aches i pull it up to across my back, I like that you can adjust the temp settings. So much more cost effective than trying to heat the room or the house

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I agree, he may have many foibles and quirks and is trying to follow new flues Fanny in her grifting but imo he is half hearted in his endeavours. If it works it works and more fool those that give their money to them but imo he is not a malicious, deceitful, evil scheming tit like Fanny, I think he has a conscience and also he appears to be still working at whatever he does, which is more than new flues Fanny. She has never done an honest days work in her life.

Edited to add Am I the only tartlet that couldn’t give 2 fucks about candles. Yes I do have some “nice” ones that have been gifted and some functional ones in case of power cuts but I never ever have lit candles in the house unless it’s a dire emergency.
No, you're not the only one.
I hate candles, especially scented ones.
When I see a candle lit in the house, I only see fire!
Granted, I do have a few regular candles in case we run out of power, and as things stand, that could be a lot this winter.
Maybe I should buy myself Fleuries candles for light, because I will save on the electricity bill (because there might not be electricity....because Europe, savings....blah, blah blah).
Disgusting!

Reactions: 13
The chatelaine will be surely adding her ism line if candies to Fill-IPS shoppe! Some of the candles scents will be:

1. the Jammy Roger candle

2. the peacock tit candle

3. the woodchoppers Weed candle

4. Kat’s Belly Button candle

5. Cruz’s Nicotine and Sawdust candle

6. the Flower Arranger’s Tears of Desperation candle

7. the Argentinian’s Rage candle

8. the Gay Twink’s Dildo candle

All candies will be 250 euros. Special advent sale…Buy 2 for $600!!!! 😂 😂 😂
i like argentinian's rage. what would thhis smell like?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hello Tattlers,

Long time lurker, first time poster!
I wanted to say, it's been so entertaining and validating to find this gem of a community. I got sucked in the chateauverse during the pandemic, like a lot of you I imagine! It was a form of escapism, day dreaming about restoration: I pictured myself losing immense amounts of time adding my small contribution to preservation efforts.

It started with Lalande, then the Fleuries, then branched out to smaller channels, but I have to say I'm getting chateau-ed out. While of course a lot of it felt click baity, or misaligned with what I would do (I mean at some point, there IS too much toile de Jouy), I kept watching because it still gave be that form of escapism. I started watching less and less as the CLL vlogs became more inauthentic (the forced laughs, the child-like voice, catching glimpses of people's reactions to getting a camera shoved in their faces) it reminded me of toxic workplaces that claim they're like a family. I keep watching out of morbid curiosity, and mostly to know what you're all talking about!

I felt compelled to finally write today after the Fleuries posted the candle vlog. I find of all the chateau channels out there, I'm most disappointed with theirs. I feel with Lalande, I kind of know what I'm getting, it's like a food court meal - it's not great, but it does its job. The Fleuries, I saw potential. I LOVED the humour, the DIY, the style too. Then they closed the B&B, and now the exorbitantly priced candles... it feels like I've seen behind the curtain and I'm just disgusted. Asking 110 euros for a candle you can't smell oozes of privilege.

In a way it's not entirely their fault, I think their rapid rise in popularity put them in a place where -- unless they made an effort to remain grounded -- it would be impossible to not be out of touch with the rest of us. For a lot of us 3 years of pandemic, global hardships, financial insecurities, a harsh winter ahead, and general feeling of burn out have set the scene to a feeling of great disconnect with people flaunting their wealth/possessions/travels. I wonder if we weren't experiencing these hard times, would we feel this grossed out by 110 euro candles? I still wouldn't buy them, but in our current context it feels especially insulting.

Anyway! I thought I'd add my grain of salt here.
Thank you all for the free entertainment!
Welcome to the nut house, hope you have a lot of laughs on here, it is a great space with lots of interesting people all here shaking their heads in disbelief. I agree with you The Smug's have really been a let down.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Am walking right alongside you in your thoughts and feelings. I really don't have the words in order to express my feelings adequately. Apart from 🤮

Thank you @Tea with lemon.
I have often wondered how other "integrity lead" chateau owners really/truly feel about the grifting community within the chateau verse.
OMG, that would be absolutely mind blowing to hear their views/experiences, wouldn't it? ;)
He has received several support calls to appear here, but he is not interested. I forgot why.
I'm sure he reads, but whether he participates in discussions... I don't know.

Reactions: 12
I agree, he may have many foibles and quirks and is trying to follow new flues Fanny in her grifting but imo he is half hearted in his endeavours. If it works it works and more fool those that give their money to them but imo he is not a malicious, deceitful, evil scheming tit like Fanny, I think he has a conscience and also he appears to be still working at whatever he does, which is more than new flues Fanny. She has never done an honest days work in her life.

Edited to add Am I the only tartlet that couldn’t give 2 fucks about candles. Yes I do have some “nice” ones that have been gifted and some functional ones in case of power cuts but I never ever have lit candles in the house unless it’s a dire emergency.
I have warmed to Old and Camilla they seem nice and they also laugh at themselves-he does need to stop tinting his hair though

That is bloody hilarious I have just snorted my drink again. I love Tattle so much. Thank you I appreciate that a lot I couldn't be happier this is much better than his dull original flog. May I ask why he thinks anyone would keep that lame box? I wouldn't

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
I work from home at a desk on the computer and my feet and legs get super cold, I wrap up in a heated throw and it's so great if my back aches i pull it up to across my back, I like that you can adjust the temp settings. So much more cost effective than trying to heat the room or the house
Get yourself a vintage Welsh blanket they are soooooo toasty but seemingly getting a bit pricey on eBay but still a lot less than a Mr.s Smug candle of Eau de Avarice

• Heart
… and back to Candlegate. This is the Fleuries reply to a support comment, bottom line they’re digging their heels in, room not read.

3154B665-4C3B-4462-B462-426EAB059A13.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
… and back to Candlegate. This is the Fleuries reply to a support comment, bottom line they’re digging their heels in. Long term plan right here, new brand has been their ultimate game plan.

View attachment 1809786
Smug's please climb out of your own arses. Answer those who also have concerns not just those blowing scented smoke up your arse. I am lucky I could afford to buy their candle but I wouldn't because I can't smell it and it isn't worth the money it is "a me too brand". As I have said before I have worked in media and advertising/branding for years and they are deluded. Do you see Liberty's taking their wax lyrical candle-no because they are not premium or aspirational they are grifters.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yes, I was only thinking exactly along the same lines as Rosemary Baker stated.
I hate paying for P&P AND most reputable companies always offer free P&P once you spend over a certain amount, e.g. £50 or £100, depending on the weight of the item and, the brand, of course. Large, heavy items of furniture etc, now that is a totally different situation.
A bloody candle costing over £100 that you don't even know whether you like the smell of - never in a million years!
TBH I don't see the point about getting all worked up and wasting energy because someone decided to market an overpriced candle on the interweb. The point is that because it is so pricey no-one will buy it and they'll end up with the stock to burn in their chateau themselves. No skin off anyone's nose except theirs.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Just watched the Patreon flog what a heap of tit nothing even worth mentioning at least Kat Krap didn't have her gut hanging out. They have been to Germany tonights flog and then London to get Fanny's Folded Forehead sorted and as shiny as a Christmas bauble. She has a new very expensive coat in pale blue. The garden Anglais is just a dire mud bath. A few more days away from the falling down Chateau for Fanny who needs to ensure her face doesn't slip further
FFS, that forest garden is far too much trouble than it is worth or, costs!
I truly feel sorry for Davy in him ever getting involved.
The white birch trees are fabulous for creating a dramatic effect, especially during the winter months, as they give off a ghostly appeal because of their white/silvery, paper bark.
Anglesey Abbey in Cambridgeshire, UK is a classic example of how dramatic/atmospheric a feature they can create. The HMN is absolutely no threat and a total waste of space for highlighting their unique features! :rolleyes:

Reactions: 8
Oh Smug's you are a let down:

Marney P
39 seconds ago
I honestly thought was a wind up when I first saw it. One of your little jokes - I know what a great sense of humour you have. But, with no retraction or explanation forthcoming I have to assume you are serious. Who would launch a new venture with such a frivolous luxury item at a time when it is 1: too late to catch the Christmas trade anyway 2: so highly priced that it is beyond the reach of your core fans, and 3: at a time when increasingly large numbers of people throughout the world are finding themselves struggling to find money for essentials through no fault of their own. This was so very badly timed and out of touch with reality, and it has made me very sad for a couple who I have admired for a long time. In the world of youtube chateau owners, you stood out in my eyes. I now realise you are like all the rest of the Stephanie Jarvis school of 'me me me'. Unsubscribing, and withdrawing from Patron.

TBH I don't see the point about getting all worked up and wasting energy because someone decided to market an overpriced candle on the interweb. The point is that because it is so pricey no-one will buy it and they'll end up with the stock to burn in their chateau themselves. No skin off anyone's nose except theirs.
I don't think anyone is worked up I think most on here are finding it comedy gold watching the Smug's be petulant over a torrent of terrible comments it is watching the scales fall from peoples eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
That was my point exactly. No-one, with any sense, will buy them!

Reactions: 8
Change of topic, and apologies if it's been mentioned before, I struggle to keep up with this thread. I just watched a 'short' on youtube by St Kathy of Lidl 'painting' live. Oh my goodness it's dreadful , really bad . Makes Daddy Jarvis work look good, in it's execution at least if not his choice of subject . :eek::eek:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
WHAT IS THIS AUDIO?!!!
I’m dying! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Toxic Lake...... Seaweed, motor oil, sunscreen, discarded solo cups, rotten eggs, illegal chemicals and sandalwood.. And Christmas Destiny...... Mens unwashed boxers, betrayal, greed with hints of cinnamon and apple . just genius who is this person???

• Haha
Oh yes, Phillip, cheaper shipping to the US is really going to bring in the sales! They are crazy. I just don’t see how they sat around coming up with a price point and settled on more than $100!

How many 110 euro candles has the Influencer ever bought???????????????

• Heart
Reactions: 10
… and back to Candlegate. This is the Fleuries reply to a support comment, bottom line they’re digging their heels in, room not read.

View attachment 1809786
Oh pleeeze! A brand separate from HTRAC!? Creating a high-end, luxury brand but rolling it out to your HTRAC fanbase? For a project a year in the making, they sure didn't do all of their research.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.