The Chateau Diaries #201 Titties on a tree and poop in the nativity… so lie lande

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I sincerely thought my Intel was solid or wouldn't have put it out there. My guess is Stephanie Jarvis once again reaps the fruits of a timeline twisted on purpose, hiding true life events by spotlighting less important ones, but if not I apologize to y'all for diverting. She also clearly temporarily benefits from the fuss about the flour-candles, but I for one hope that the outrage there could and will find its way to were it belongs in my not so humble opinion. Merry Christmas, Marie Antoinette, mind your head while you still have one.

"flour-candles" from the flours. Works GREAT for me lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
After she says she's gonna take us window shopping in London, suddenly we're in LL.
Davy goes over the English garden design....... AGAIN! And shows some of the twigs that are allegedly the hedge line.
It's not like the chapel is falling over, they are going to give Dan carte blanche to dig holes right around it.

They also planted "the whitest birch tree" you can find in the jungle... in the bloody jungle! talk about waste of money. (I am typing as they are talking... and I have you know.. I'm bored as hell... davy can TALK)
At this point, she jumps back to London, showing us the holiday display at Fortnum & Mason with some Christmas music... riveting content! I am ready to claw my eyes out out of boredom... And you bet she buys some Truffle Honey from F&M

Fanny is worried no one is kissing under the mistletoe.... thankfully we are not blessed with them remedying the situation.
Kat is there at the London flat in front of the ugly tattered yellow curtain.
3 pieces of news:
- The billiard table has been delivered.
- AND WHAT DO YOU SAY??!!! The pergola they bought at Chelsea flower show has arrived.... Ok, I am no longer bored, I am howling with laughter at the speed they respond to anything we say here.
- The structural architect is arriving tomorrow to tell them how bad things are and what they should do.
Y'all.. I paid $7 to her this month... I'm starting to think it wasn't worth it!

View attachment 1808240
@Karma baby! 😘😘😘💕💕💕 it is so appreciated 😘😘😘💕💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Imo the Fleuries have tried to create a rip off Cire Trudon candle. Same 270g as Trudon, same box as Trudon, green and amber glass like Trudon. Their arrogance and ignorance has been their downfall though. Cire Trudon is the oldest candlemaker in France, going since 1643 and have perfected their product over centuries, it’s sold here in the UK in Harrods, Fortnum and Mason, Selfridges, etc - incredibly high end luxury shops. Not only have The Fleuries tried to mimic the prestigious Trudon with their fledgling offering but they’ve priced it much higher than them too believing them and their copy to be superior.
Anna knows ALL about Cire Trudon because she choose their candle to gift Fanny Does Fuckall during their Easter stay in the crumbling tower. SHE is behind this new candle venture imo and I think this her ego we’re seeing.
View attachment 1808879
View attachment 1808880
How on earth did they think it was worth more than a Trudon candle.

The process is simple.
Materials: glass candle holder that thick about 3 euro each
wax +scent 3 euro (both websites do not mention what kind of wax they use so I assume the cheapest also the scent could be well synthetic and not created from oils)
Box: 3 euro
wick 0.01 cent, warning labels 0.01
the other remaining 6 euro's is production cost (which is still generous because even local and man made they make hundreds of candles in an hour) shipping to honfleur.
even €15 if they use synthetic scent instead of oils is generous.
So from the 37500 revenue the actual cost to make them is 15000*15= 225000.
It's a net profit of €150000.

if the scent is synthetic the most expensive thing within the candles is probably the glass jar and box. The box is customized so I give it some extra monies.
Without the special wallpaper design in the box, and the tick glass jar and use of synthetic scent, I would estimate the cost of the candles around €5 including production cost + transportation.
Miss Fleurie paid a quite a bit more to say Nathalie Feisthauer created the scent + they are delusional! Perhaps Balmain will buy the lot and give it as present to their favourite customers.

The is no way their scented candles are better then Feisthauers own brand in a ceramic jar retailing at €80
Here is another created by Nathalie Feisthauer which is sold in Liberties. It comes in a Limogue pot and still costs less at £60.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
WTF!? How to sell crap with killing your spouse. Why the duck would you start selling you candle that is huge and heavy with high delivery cost. Why not start with small size and maybe a selection of few (tealight -size), light and easier to ship. Ask for feedback wich scents did you like the best. Or why start with heavy candle and not something else completely?

I started watching the flog thinking how cute and as it went on my proverbial hardon turned into a semi and at the end completely flacid. You cannot justify that pricing, Diptyque candle pricing. Diptyque has been in the business for over 60 years and are a global phenomena. Now they cannot back peddal on the price since i bet there are idiots who already bought it and now if you reduce the price you will have fucked them over.

Also if you are launching something you expect to change the narrative... Maybe abit more then doing it on the kitchen table? With that price point tart up your grand salon with lights, candles,atmosphere. Have you both there... Now it just felt they had a huge fight and she left for school run screaming: you do it then!!!

I think someone at the comments said half of Europe is struggeling with energy crisis and high living costs due to the war in Ukraine. This candle flog was just wrong.
Anna has always struck me as something of a know-it-all with Phillipp being convinced he’s the most brilliant propagandist of all time. If they’d gotten professional product development advice I’m thinking they would’ve been told this wasn’t a good fit. I doubt they would have listened anyway. Seems like their farts don’t smell of roses after all!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Anyone on Patreon for the Smug's? Wonder how it has gone down with them?

They're up and reading

Anna Romanova
17 minutes ago (edited)
I like your candles and their boxes! WOW.... Thats a pity that Russia now excluded out of any business, its even out of your shipping list View attachment 1808578 thinking about moving to a civilized country

View attachment 1808579
·
1 reply

View attachment 1808580
How To Renovate A Chateau
5 minutes ago
I hope for everybody that this situation changes...

S Baker
1 minute ago
I remember your humble beginnings. I appreciate all the hard work you put into your restoration. I also understand wanting to select the finest sources to create something unique and special to represent your endeavors. The timing of this, in respect to your audience, seems lacking in forward thinking given the economic backslide since the pandemic began. Ignoring the comments from your loyal subscribers regarding their inability to afford the luxury item, (yes, some offering constructive criticism) whilst recognizing those who can, appears there is some shame on your part that you might not have understood who your audience is. That coupled with the ever increasing comments regarding tesla car, sailboat, over the top high end luxury kitchen rebuild funded by your patreon and subscriber views, demonstrates your shift in your vision: to become a luxury brand. This is your right to do so; incredibly tone deaf during this particular climate? Yes, as per the multitude of comments here. I wish you continued luck with your success, hopefully this won’t negatively affect your business. Subscribers are vary wary of chateau grift these daysView attachment 1808583
Show less
Methinks that quite a few Tattle members are commenting too, AND, why the hell not?
We are and, always have been, the voice of reason where these grifters are concerned.
I said it months ago, pride certainly comes before a fall! The Fleuries just got far too big for their delusional boots and thought that people would be loyal to them no matter what!
And, just like another member here said earlier, KARMA is a beach!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
After a very relaxing morning I am now off out but had one more observation on The Smug's. Some of the comments on Candlegate on Chateau QVC are saying "would love to buy a candle to support the Chateau but too expensive". What I hope that people start to see is whether it is Patreon or candles the money isn't going into supporting any Chateaux it is going into funding these vane grandiose grifters lifestyle. The kitchen make over by the smug does nothing to conserve their house it was all about labels and high end appliances, bespoke kitchen cupboards and grifted paint. Their kitchen in real terms cost way over 100,000 these people are using us the viewers to fund a lifestyle they feel entitled too, just because they hold up their grifted phones and cameras and show us snippets of their make believe lives. Trust me my renovation paid for by my husband and are have had far more moments of hilarity, arguments and genuine work than this lot achieve in years. We give work to genuine craftsman who have become friends and no I don't have everything in my kitchen that my heart desired but it looks good and it was paid for by honest work and not duping people. I find this whole Chateauverse thing so odious now it is untrue. Fanny off to Fortnums probably stepping over homeless people without a care and the Smug's thinking we all want a whiff of their success. The Smug's now churn out a 15 minute flog a week if your lucky and they do very little else they do not deserve the money they are making. If he is such a great film maker and she is such a great designer they need to raise the bar-I am sick of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I can't believe the Fleurries are going down before Fanny!

As others will say. It's tone deaf to release such luxury items now.
They should have waited another year, made samples, light the prototypes in their B&B, give out tealight samples at fairs or markets, or have the option of selling tealight sizes.
Who knows, maybe next year a lot of things will be better - you shouldn't flog a product during other people's times of need.
------------------------------------------------
Well. I may believe that Fanny & Co. did go to Disneyland Paris. Paris to London is what, a 45 min. trip? And she is 3 days ahead, then that is a lot of wiggle room.
Also, showing off Fortnum & Mason during a time, when people have so little. It's equally tone deaf.
Too late to edit my initial post. I meant shouldn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
chris-farley.gif

manorandmaker

We think there is still time to deliver a signed print of one of Stephen’s illustrations if you order today or tomorrow! Support an artist and a historic property and give a Manor and Maker fan a meaningful gift. ~~Link in bio! ~~
#chateau #chateaulife #art #artist #chateaucore #christmas #giftideas #supportartists #ofwhimsicalmoments #castle #castlesofinstagram #historichomes #historicproperties #illustration #illustrationart #architecture #architectureillustration #tower
3h

trash-leslie-knope.gif

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I just had a look at the web page... I am not a native speaker. But they really should sack who ever did the copywriting there.

May16th seem very specific date. I dunno about you, but i am a looser who does not mark down dates of flower spotting.

Atleast here they put some effort into pictures but sadly middle of the road Instagram pictures. But heeps better than launching from the corner of a kitchen table a luxury product.
I don’t know about you but I LIVE for candles that smell of flowers and iodine or a smoking fireplace!🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
How much do you think the process has cost them?
If they do make 375 000 euros do you think they will recoup costs?

We thought the same as you.
At least it's not e begging.
Maybe not e-begging per se BUT, defo extortion springs to my mind! ;)

Reactions: 7
Nice Patreon intel....keep paying her CN$7...we'll repay you...in likes. ✌ (y)

Davy might be mildly autistic (not derogatory, it's not something to make fun of---just an observation).
He has some of the mannerisms and characteristics of one.

Also, Stephanie and Cat would have made a better lesbian couple or even Hanni. Lady Phyllis just isn't transitioned well enough yet.
The trouble with Phillipa is that it's so gender fluid that it, he, she has oozed all over the floor! I feel like I've slipped in it... Leaving me revolted and sticky. After watching Phillipa I usually need a shower 🙄😩

• Haha
Reactions: 12
:ROFLMAO:
I have occasionally had a little botox, primarily due to an accident I had 3 decades ago and the injury suffered. Because of the resultant pain, it prematurely brought on those little vertical frown lines between my brows. I actually broke 3 ribs falling from the loft space of a new side extension to my home way back then, onto/between the beams of the floor below - doing so, actually saved my life from falling to ground level. Final recovery took absolutely months but the stress and pain, had its consequences which I was totally shocked by.
Fortunately, lines on the forehead/between brows etc, is not something that has ever been an issue within my family, primarily the women of course, obviously genetics.
What I don't understand, is how do so many women these days, have that pronounced, prominent, overhanging/pushed out cheek structure feature? Is that through procedures or, just aging? :confused:
I thought it was cotton wall balls stuffed into their cheeks😉

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I went through the pain of looking up prices for everything needed to make 500 pcs of candles, everything basic as is. no customization
The total cost is US$ 4.48 excluding production cost (labor, electricity, write off machinery etc) including the essential fragrance oil prices.

Damn I'm on top of my game!

Did we filthy animals missed the filthy patreon update?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
It's in the comments supposedly burn for 75 hours so that is £2.20 an hour ha someone worked it out they were so cross.

Shnapsass
2 minutes ago
If you cash out 110€ in 5€ notes, then place a drop of essential oil on each note and set them on fire, you’ll get the same result: nice smell, a flame, similar burning time and the same price
Bless this comment :LOL:
Gosh, the Fleuries start disappointing more and more, don't they?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I went through the pain of looking up prices for everything needed to make 500 pcs of candles, everything basic as is. no customization
The total cost is US$ 4.48 excluding production cost (labor, electricity, write off machinery etc) including the essential fragrance oil prices.

Damn I'm on top of my game!

Did we filthy animals missed the filthy patreon update?
You could make tattle themed candles - I'm sure you'll have 15 customers :p

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Well Daaaaarlings who else is read y to part with their hard earned cash for some old pot of stinky wax, got my card ready. What fun today has been, haven't laughed so much in ages.

bubbles devere.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.