The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last thread went so fast. My take on Thanksgiving. Starts with I'm so sick, I am staying in bed.... Then climbs out the window to get closer to Amore and Maria. Because she needed to share her cold/covid fungalitis ...... Its a miracle she's better running down the stairs to get the rest of the people sick. Two hams....no turkey... What kind of American Thanksgiving was that??? Green bean casserole made me laugh... And the whole climbing out the window onto the picker.... Just waiting for an accident. Not a brain to share among them.
'I am so sick, I'm staying in bed' routine . . . it is so obviously contrived.
When I'm sick in bed my hair is not carefully combed and waved.
It's usually filthy and sticking out all over the place.

I think they now discuss scenarios for vlogs.
'You do this . . . I'll do that . . . great idea, you get in the cherry picker . . . film Philip at the attic window . . .blah blah.'
It is so staged.

And her voice of astonished wonder when she spoke about the dessert. Insert eye roll.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
This is my 500th post!! I’ll never ever make a VIP at this rate!!

I think I may have found the real reason F4F’s took to her bed during the day. Whose pile of clothes and toiletries are next her bed?

21F7647D-DB5C-4531-884A-E74E9F917BC3.jpeg

1E96CC8B-D74B-430B-9CBD-544504BFC82A.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Congratulations @Beachgirl, you did it! What are you going to buy with your first VIP paycheck? Also, please list all of the tartlets in order from best to worst.🍺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
You are defo not alone. I have recently bought myself multiple gorgeous hooded long line fleecy tunics to wear during the day plus cosy slipper socks too.
And heating the entire house from very late afternoon into early/mid evening.
Put my new electric blanket on my bed today too.
Reminds me - time for bed soon!! ❤
I bought my son one of those fleecy hooded things to wear at home and this evening I popped into TKMaxx to buy some socks for myself.
I also bought 2 electric blankets a couple of weeks ago as well. Just trying to work out how to use them with a smart plug. I’m also going to bed earlier now as well. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Sooooo Lala-land, they can’t even be arsed to hang the curtains on the hooks properly so leave them literally hanging by threads. They really are so scruffy! Instead Snorts hyper focuses on standing outside on a cherry picker to badly (where’s the buffing cloth) wipe the windows in an attempt at looking busy and getting flog airtime.
Can you imagine living next to them in a cul-de-sac? We all know the type.. dirty, scruffy lot living like rats but with the biggest TV and light fittings on the block!!
View attachment 1760186
I think they do it on purpose.
Because, Patreon, they must not even accidentally think that everything is finally OK in LL and that, God forbid, they can stop paying.
Because, poor SJ, there is so much more to do in and around the Chateau.
There. Because realistically, who, if they have money, wants to live in such a pigsty. (I would go crazy over all those broken things)
Dear Patreon: SJ has more than enough money to fix and polish everything. You pay her, but she doesn't care.
(What is the next travel destination?)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
'I am so sick, I'm staying in bed' routine . . . it is so obviously contrived.
When I'm sick in bed my hair is not carefully combed and waved.
It's usually filthy and sticking out all over the place.
I think the bed was made and did not look slept in .
I so agree with the contrived way she does things now!
I mean - she is not a "little girl" that she loves to portray but a bloody old dirtbag!!!

Well those heaters are in but ......... Fanny with her "hot flashes" will only put a twig in it !
The woman is so mean with things that can help other people !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Oh yes indeedy, many a family. Why? Tradition and probably some people just LOVE them! The makers of marshmallows might also have had something to do with it. Think about the horrid green bean casserole. Campbell's cream of mushroom soup, frozen or flown in green beans that are tough as nails, topped with dried up crunchy onions out of a can. Never did understand where that recipe came from. Must be a depression thing or something. The pilgrims certainly didn't make it up. BTW, turkey probably wasn't served at the first Thanksgiving either. It would most likely have been venison. Native Americans considered the wild turkey not worth eating.
I think that green bean casserole was part of that post war conspiracy by Campbell’s Soup and French’s to get you to buy all their nasty products for everyday use. While many like it, we never served it in our house. Sadly those vile congealed Jello, cream cheese and fruit cocktail salads were everywhere!

• Haha
  • Sick
Oh yes indeedy, many a family. Why? Tradition and probably some people just LOVE them! The makers of marshmallows might also have had something to do with it. Think about the horrid green bean casserole. Campbell's cream of mushroom soup, frozen or flown in green beans that are tough as nails, topped with dried up crunchy onions out of a can. Never did understand where that recipe came from. Must be a depression thing or something. The pilgrims certainly didn't make it up. BTW, turkey probably wasn't served at the first Thanksgiving either. It would most likely have been venison. Native Americans considered the wild turkey not worth eating.
I’ve never cared for that particular green bean casserole recipe (it’s ok, but not my favorite).

Off topic: I found this recipe and have made it for years…it’s so much better and everyone loves it! It’s too late for Thanksgiving, but it’s a good one for Christmas, too.

Green Bean Casserole

5 cans French style green beans (16 oz cans)
4 Tbs melted butter
3 or 4 Tbs flour
1 large tub (24 oz) and 1 small tub (16 oz) sour cream (NOT fat free)
12 ounces grated Swiss cheese
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 tsp sugar
2 tsp grated onion
3 cups cornflakes browned in 2 Tbs butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Thoroughly drain green beans. In a large pot on the stove, make roux of butter, flour, salt, pepper, sugar, and onion. Take off heat. Stir in the sour cream. In a 9x13 casserole dish, layer green beans, Swiss cheese, then sour cream mixture. Layer again…green beans, Swiss cheese, then sour cream mixture. Top with browned cornflakes. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35-40 minutes. NOTE: the casserole can be made in advance and refrigerated until ready to bake. Add the cornflakes right before baking.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Congratulations @Beachgirl, you did it! What are you going to buy with your first VIP paycheck? Also, please list all of the tartlets in order from best to worst.🍺
I really want either Cashmere or Alpaca socks as my feet are really cold this evening . 😂😂after the effort of staying neutral for tonight’s match I’m not going to blow it by putting tattlers in order😂😂😂

Congrats @Beachgirl you've made VIP (y)now if only England score two in the next half, it' s congrats all round:giggle:
Yes that would a bonus wouldn’t it.⚽⚽

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Let's talk about his Ladyship's ugly Christmas sweater jumper.

He was wearing it....
at sunset, during the great cherry picker gate.
View attachment 1759757
...while cleaning the windows.
View attachment 1759758
...while making garlic toast.
View attachment 1759759
...the next morning to drive Maria to Chateauroux
View attachment 1759763
...while rearranging the rooms before the Thanksgiving party.
View attachment 1759764
He was also wearing it on Cadeaux at the Chateau.
View attachment 1759773

It is the f*cked-up timeline or does he not change clothes for days?
I imagine his Ladyship wreaks with body odor!
In Cartoons, the characters wear the same clothes each and every episode. Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park…

Your theory doesn’t work.

• Haha
It's Whale Bay, is a bit hard to access, Matapouri just around the corner is great too with easier access.
Its beautiful up there ... hubby and I drove up to the top where those sand dunes are and then back to the Bay of Islands .
Love New Zealand.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.