The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree that the traditional Thanksgiving meal is presented poorly in the media. I know many households do the whole thing year and year out. Fortunately, my mother was a great cook and easily tired of the traditional feast. We would have ham, goose, fish, beef, etc. instead of turkey every year. Never had the green bean casserole for the simple reason that green beans are not in season in November! My family served local wild caught steelhead salmon for our main entree yesterday. Not a turkey leg in sight. No mashed potatoes, or god awful sweet potatoes with marshmallows. To each his own as this post may upset some 🤣. We will go to my brother's tomorrow to eat pumpkin pie kindly gifted by his lovely neighbor. 🥧 🐟

Dana was ridiculous long before she started vlogging. She should just stop and start a strapless party dress company instead. 👗
Just have to ask, but, does any family in the USA really serve up sweet potatoes with mashmallows these days? TBH, just why would that combination have ever been added to any menu? 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Let's talk about his Ladyship's ugly Christmas sweater jumper.

He was wearing it....
at sunset, during the great cherry picker gate.
View attachment 1759757
...while cleaning the windows.
View attachment 1759758
...while making garlic toast.
View attachment 1759759
...the next morning to drive Maria to Chateauroux
View attachment 1759763
...while rearranging the rooms before the Thanksgiving party.
View attachment 1759764
He was also wearing it on Cadeaux at the Chateau.
View attachment 1759773

It is the f*cked-up timeline or does he not change clothes for days?
I imagine his Ladyship wreaks with body odor!
And garlic 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Just have to ask, but, does any family in the USA really serve up sweet potatoes with mashmallows these days? TBH, just why would that combination have ever been added to any menu? 🤮
Oh yes indeedy, many a family. Why? Tradition and probably some people just LOVE them! The makers of marshmallows might also have had something to do with it. Think about the horrid green bean casserole. Campbell's cream of mushroom soup, frozen or flown in green beans that are tough as nails, topped with dried up crunchy onions out of a can. Never did understand where that recipe came from. Must be a depression thing or something. The pilgrims certainly didn't make it up. BTW, turkey probably wasn't served at the first Thanksgiving either. It would most likely have been venison. Native Americans considered the wild turkey not worth eating.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
OK. Correct me if I am wrong.
But, didn't DTM recently state that he would only release 2 vlogs pw?
Firstly, to Patrons on a Friday - AND - then, the same vlog publicly via YT on Sunday?
So then, why the hell has he been releasing quite a few others randomly in the past week?
I do know the reason why - all about the revenue, obviously! :rolleyes:
But, talk about back tracking, no future planning and absolutely confusing! Well, that's Dan in a sentence, isn't it? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Last thread went so fast. My take on Thanksgiving. Starts with I'm so sick, I am staying in bed.... Then climbs out the window to get closer to Amore and Maria. Because she needed to share her cold/covid fungalitis ...... Its a miracle she's better running down the stairs to get the rest of the people sick. Two hams....no turkey... What kind of American Thanksgiving was that??? Green bean casserole made me laugh... And the whole climbing out the window onto the picker.... Just waiting for an accident. Not a brain to share among them.
‘I’m so ill I’ve taken to my bed’ but as soon as something interesting happens the illness magically vanishes. Snorts reminding her about a coat to keep up the pretence but she’s already forgotten about her fake sniffle due to having fomo. This is evidence of my suspicions all along, especially Snorts who seems to constantly be ill and upstairs until the one thing in the day happens and he’s suddenly there in amongst it. I think they’ve got their words confused again … renovation/redecorate ill/bone idle lazy. 🙄

90C8B6B0-6D33-46A7-A3BF-FC128B836C33.jpeg

F you Phillip, I’m going where the fun is laters 👋🏼

A409C833-8C6C-4C5C-9CD8-9FAA9F6F6CC6.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28

He was wearing it....
View attachment 1759757
View attachment 1759758
View attachment 1759759
View attachment 1759763
View attachment 1759764
View attachment 1759773

he's filthy, just like her. i'm under impression that he just throws everything on the floor in the evening and picks up in the morning the closest/the cleanest looking item.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
‘I’m so ill I’ve taken to my bed’ but as soon as something interesting happens the illness magically vanishes. Snorts reminding her about a coat to keep up the pretence but she’s already forgotten about her fake sniffle due to having fomo. This is evidence of my suspicions all along, especially Snorts who seems to constantly be ill and upstairs until the one thing in the day happens and he’s suddenly there in amongst it. I think they’ve got their words confused again … renovation/redecorate ill/bone idle lazy. 🙄
I've noticed that Fanny feigns illness when all the attention may not be on her. I'm sure there was a lot of hustle and bustle going on around the big feast that she wasn't a part of. Feeling left out, she had to do something to get attention. It's in keeping with her spoilt child personality. Plus, she can not compete with the BIG BOOBS!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

He was wearing it....
View attachment 1759757
View attachment 1759758
View attachment 1759759
View attachment 1759763
View attachment 1759764
View attachment 1759773

Eeeeewwwwwwww! I did notice the jumper was being worn all throughout the day - from cleaning to making garlic bread. So nasty!

However, what skeeves me out more is that hair of his - all of it, everywhere! From the precisely drawn in/powdered on hairline to his scalp, with its shoe polish dark dye, to the scruffy - definitely not sexy! - neck hair and facial hair, patchy and sparse. Blech! He is absolutely the grossest thing on the interwebs. He is just disgusting. At least he pulls back that frizzy length of hair on his head into a fried mass of a ponytail.

People must really not like him or they'd give him a heads up (no pun intended). I'll say it again......growing hair all over your body when it grows in a random fashion DOES NOT compensate for a balding head.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Everyone on their best behaviour please. England v USA kicks off in 7 minutes.
No rude chants from the terraces please and certainly no name calling😉 ⚽⚽
Best of luck to both teams

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Finally caught up! Hosting thanksgiving in a house under renovation that has recently crept inside is a lot. Thank you @KyBourbon for the table guidance. It looked lovely. I did not take pics because I was so busy. It would not have compared to your spring lunch pics anyway, but I was happy with it and I now own two tablecloths.❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Turkey sandwiches with stuffing (dressing) and cranberries a truly great sandwich
My absolute favourite. Late Christmas Day evening and it always had to be freshly sliced white bread too. Yummy!
Boxing Day lunch/dinner was all about cold turkey/ham/stuffing, new pots and salad. Absolutely delicious. ❤

Reactions: 10
I've noticed that Fanny feigns illness when all the attention may not be on her. I'm sure there was a lot of hustle and bustle going on around the big feast that she wasn't a part of. Feeling left out, she had to do something to get attention. It's in keeping with her spoilt child personality. Plus, she can not compete with the BIG BOOBS!
I think you’re spot on, I wondered that too? Maria was leaving so there must’ve been a buzz around her, she’s no shrinking violet and she was obviously getting special attention having fun in the cherry picker, Natti was preoccupied, the lads were busy and looking like they were getting on well. Lil Miss Daddies Girl probably went off sulking. She couldn’t get in that cherry picker quick enough could she?!

• Haha
About Nicholas Fairbeggar & patreon
The aims for making his patreon account are: home renovations, travel vlogs, home tours etc. That's SJ's content, she has been a great influence for all these grifters.

There seems to be 2 types of vloggers on ytube, the old time ytubers who made vlogging popular & used the YT platform to create a following & business for themselves & the greedy new ones like Nicholas & SJ who think their unprofessionally produced & edited videos are worth more than the professionally produced & edited ad sponsored free content on TV. Does Nicholas pay for most of the TV & radio content he watches & listens to? Why does he expect people to pay for the badly edited pretentious lifestyle content he creates?

Within the last 3 - 4 years there has been an increase in the number of people who use FREE platforms to ask viewers & followers for money & within the same time there has been a decline of video views for a lot of old time non-begging ytubers. Their views have gone from 50 - 200+ videos above 1 million views to 50,000 - 200,000+ views per video. One of the reasons for this has to be the increase in e-begging which is pushing viewers away from the YT platform. The ytube & influencer career has always been annoying & irritating to some people, begging will put more people off. Even Netfix & Amazon TV are trying to reduce their cost & introduce ads to watch videos & people like SJ & Nicholas expect people to pay for theirs. Why not move all your videos to ad free platforms like patreon & Vimeo?

There are viewers who don't realise they don't have to pay a penny to make these vloggers earn a lot of money. The ads pay for the videos just like the ads pay for most content on TV & radio. Vlogging became popular because of how easy it was for people to earn a lot of money by viewers watching ads. YT became popular by providing a free ad sponsored platform for video uploaders & viewers. Most of these people would not be on ytube if it wasn't mostly free. These e-beggars would say they pay to use the ytube platform because ytube deducts money from their earnings. How do they think viewers watch their videos? Who pays for the internet data used to watch videos? Ytube requires viewers to watch videos online so they can earn their money. 3 online YT vdeos consumes around 1GB of data.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16
They weren't ever a thing at any of my family's Thanksgiving meals. The first time I'd ever had them I was in my mid 20s - an ex's mom served them. She gave me her recipe and I'll make them every couple years. Never with marshmallows though, blech! Just butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and sweet potatoes or yams.

Everyone on their best behaviour please. England v USA kicks off in 7 minutes.
No rude chants from the terraces please and certainly no name calling😉 ⚽⚽
Best of luck to both teams
Welcome to VIP lounge, #197 is yours to name...

• Heart
Reactions: 17
@Albee

I'd suggest that she starts with adding the ingredient list of every product

then work on the wording of her products
She wrote:
''RSQ FIVE is a combination of homeopathic and the five flower essence remedies for use in the temporary relief of symptoms associated with SHOCK, EMOTIONAL STRESS, FEAR, MILD ANXIETY, INSOMNIA FROM WORRY, and RESTLESS SLEEP''

I would suggest something like:
Dr. Edward Bach developed the five flower essence in 1930 to relieve symptoms of stress, anxiety, and insomnia. The five flower essence is praised throughout the world by health practitioners and those who have experienced profound, gentle healing of the five flower essence.

Clemantis: relieve joint and arthritic pains, especially which become more severe when cold and damp.
Cherry plum: high in magnesium and beta caortene, this fruit helps relieve depressive mood, irritability and help maintain and even restore potency in men (take note tattle gents)
impatiens: Supports overcoming the sense of being overwhelmed, aid in attention and focus in times of emotional stress and anxiety.

The other two ingredients she can look up herself and list the benefits

Once this is done, I would suggest she creates a facebook account for her company. Joins facebook groups in UK with focuses on depression, anxiety, joint pains and ask for permission of the page creator if she is allowed to sent out free sample of 1 product to let say 3 members in return they post their experience on the facebook page. (she must look for pages with high member counts) offer 20% discount specifically for the group for the next 14 days. The text she posts with the free sample announcement should specifically focus on the point of interest
She will have to do this all the time. it's a niche market, filled with competitors the largest being Holland & Barret.

Unfortunately she has made 2 major mistakes first having a ''difficult'' brand name 2nd she has changed names for common products known by the public. e.g. RFQ five instead of 5 flower essence.

Further I suggest she improve the SEO of her website, attends a marketing course in social media.
Also If there are any independent drugs stores around, she should pop into the store and ask the owner if he would take her brand on board.For the store strategy I would suggest the lowest price on the shelf. (so she will need to drop her selling price to the shop in order to have the best price on shelf) 9 out of 10 will say no.

* she will also need to think about national exam weeks like A levels, and promote her products accordingly (IN ADVANCE not while it's happening). heavily promote a certain product because it the best time of year. Tonsin during winter/spring and fall, The Q7 during/ after festivity times etc.

This is the best I can do by only looking at her website and Instagram. I wish her the best of luck
It's a pity Michael Petherick didn't have you on board.
He should have promoted his Christmas cards 'IN ADVANCE not while it's happening'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.