The Chateau Diaries #195 Fraudster Fanny & fraudsters Fleuries, pot and kettle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations @Luna20 for naming the thread and an honourable mention goes to @Madame No for coming up with the thread title.

Most Liked Posts from the previous thread:

MRShavershamsdress

VIP Member

Friday at 8:33 PM
KyBourbon said:
I have no friends from childhood. I was deep “in the closet” until I turned 25 years old. I had a best friend in high school. He and I happened to be in the same classes the entire time we were in school. We hung out together, and our families even got together and socialized. We went to separate colleges and stayed in contact. After he graduated, he moved back to my city. He met a girl at college and proposed to her shortly after graduation. Since we were such close friends, everyone thought he would ask me to be in their wedding, but he didn’t. I was really surprised, shocked, and a little embarrassed (especially when people asked why). He said they wanted to “keep the wedding party small.” My family and I were invited to the wedding, but I wasn’t included in the wedding party. His best man was a guy we had both known in high school (on a side note, his best man was too busy to coordinate a bachelor party, so I stepped in and threw the party for him). He even told me I didn’t have to go to the wedding if I didn’t want to…the wedding was in his fiancé’s hometown 6 hours away. My family and I sent a gift, we drove 6 hours to the wedding, we attended the reception, and wished the couple well. After he and his wife returned home, I reached out to him a few times, but he was always busy. So I thought I would wait for him to call me but he never did…I was ghosted. I’ve never seen or talked to him or his family since…that was almost 30 years ago. After I came out, several people confided to me (independently) that his parents suspected I might be gay at that time and they didn’t want “someone like me” in their son’s wedding party. My friend didn’t stand up for me, so I assume he felt the same way. It was a hurtful experience. Homophobia at its finest. Luckily for me, I met some truly wonderful friends as an adult who stood by my side even after I came out. And I have a wonderful partner of 20 years. So, when Michael Petherick cried “homophobia” after people unsubscribed from his channel when, in fact, they really unsubscribed because he blew all their money on rent boys and parties, I was angry. I’ve experienced homophobia directly and personally…Michael’s false claims to garner pity really cheapened the experience of anyone who has truly been a target of homophobia.
Thank you for sharing that. It’s never easy. Many of us of a certain age have horror stories of homophobia. I was accidentally outed in high school by my own actions. My father gave me the choice of conversion therapy with a Christian therapist or homelessness. I was self aware enough at the time so I decided to play his game to finish my senior year. I left for university and never looked back. Mom kicked his ass to the curb my freshman year. I didn’t see him again until eleven years later when I identified his body after he drank himself to death. I loved my dad very much. After their divorce was granted I told him he’d made his choices and lost his oldest son as a result. We had a lot in common but he chose to succumb to his demons. In many ways it was my most hurtful experience with homophobia. My mom, brother and the grandparents were totally different. Their attitude was you’re family and we love you. So much so that my mom did have a history of calling before a big event to see if I was available for hair and make up, and maybe something sparkly from the drag bag. But the most horrifying experience with homophobia was the suicide of my boyfriend at university. We’d been together for two years. I moved off campus so we could quietly live together even though he still had a private dorm room. He was outed when his fraternity brother saw him leave our apartment to go back to campus. It was a small southern school and I was out. The news was all over campus by the end of the day. To compound matters he was African American, literally. One parent from the DRC and the from the American southern Atlantic coast. I am white. So there was a heaping helping of hate for both our orientation and races. Someone called his parents and they made him come home. On Monday I went into my newspaper job and found a note in my box to call his fraternity’s faculty advisor as he’d killed himself over the weekend. I was told I was unwelcome at the funeral and that his death was my fault. Obviously that was not true, but my mental state fractured and I shut down. My best friend moved in and protected me. She got me through finals, made sure I ate and bathed and refused to leave my side until the next term started. I didn’t date again for years, and I refused to ever let anyone force me back into the closet. To this day I think of what a fine and wonderful young man he was. I miss him still almost 40 years later. I do not wonder “what if” because that is fruitless. It’s one of the reasons I’m still active in my community, attend pride and refuse to dim my light for anyone or any reason. @KyBourbon I sympathize with your experience and send you a virtual hug🤗. Life hurts us sometimes, but we can become better people for it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions:You, Irish Lou, MsMuir and 56 others

KyBourbon

VIP Member

Friday at 5:03 PM
MRShavershamsdress said:
I was raised in a very small southern US town with all the viciousness and attendent minding of everyone’s business but their own. I was also something of an odd child, much older than my years. Add in that my parents were influential in state and national poltics both personally and professionally and it was a recipe for disaster. As a result I had only a few friends, none close until university. Even those scattered to the four winds after graduation. I met my best friend in my first job out of uni and now 35 years later we still talk and write each other regularly though we are several states away from each other. I introduced him to his husband and they are still together. I have a small group of good friends. Even one or two that would help you hide a body.😎 My friends are a diverse group of men, women, straight, gay, green and purple. Fanny’s lack of close relationships speaks volumes about her psychology.
I have no friends from childhood. I was deep “in the closet” until I turned 25 years old. I had a best friend in high school. He and I happened to be in the same classes the entire time we were in school. We hung out together, and our families even got together and socialized. We went to separate colleges and stayed in contact. After he graduated, he moved back to my city. He met a girl at college and proposed to her shortly after graduation. Since we were such close friends, everyone thought he would ask me to be in their wedding, but he didn’t. I was really surprised, shocked, and a little embarrassed (especially when people asked why). He said they wanted to “keep the wedding party small.” My family and I were invited to the wedding, but I wasn’t included in the wedding party. His best man was a guy we had both known in high school (on a side note, his best man was too busy to coordinate a bachelor party, so I stepped in and threw the party for him). He even told me I didn’t have to go to the wedding if I didn’t want to…the wedding was in his fiancé’s hometown 6 hours away. My family and I sent a gift, we drove 6 hours to the wedding, we attended the reception, and wished the couple well. After he and his wife returned home, I reached out to him a few times, but he was always busy. So I thought I would wait for him to call me but he never did…I was ghosted. I’ve never seen or talked to him or his family since…that was almost 30 years ago. After I came out, several people confided to me (independently) that his parents suspected I might be gay at that time and they didn’t want “someone like me” in their son’s wedding party. My friend didn’t stand up for me, so I assume he felt the same way. It was a hurtful experience. Homophobia at its finest. Luckily for me, I met some truly wonderful friends as an adult who stood by my side even after I came out. And I have a wonderful partner of 20 years. So, when Michael Petherick cried “homophobia” after people unsubscribed from his channel when, in fact, they really unsubscribed because he blew all their money on rent boys and parties, I was angry. I’ve experienced homophobia directly and personally…Michael’s false claims to garner pity really cheapened the experience of anyone who has truly been a target of homophobia.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions:You, MsMuir, LadyRed and 47 others

Thank you for your stories. ❤🧡💛💚💙💜

Lochness Monster

Tuesday at 9:40 PM
Tea with lemon said:
Why is Dan talking about windows?
I am not an expert in construction works, but it seems to me that a building must first have a roof.
Do any of you 15 know if there is a chateauverse rehab clinic somewhere for me to sign up for?
Oh my goodness. That is it. Pethericks are turning the convent into a rehab centre for chateau nutters, both owners and patron can try and recover whilst….a bell tolls every hour and Ryan knocks on your door and shouts crack on

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:You, Xorubyxo123, Yankee Doodle and 51 others

KyBourbon

VIP Member

Friday at 6:02 PM
Madame No said:
Beautiful and classic! You have a lovely and inviting home. Oh, and it's clean! 🤣
Thank you! I hired an artist to paint the walls in a landscape scenic (it’s bright and cheery…mostly blue and green, with some splashes of color). It took her about a month to finish. It represents the scenery and landscape around my house. Because it’s painted, I don’t have to worry about wallpaper seams! No crayons for me! 😄

Also, I iron my tablecloth! 😆

That reminds me…I really need to clean my house today!

Jules100 said:
Your place looks beautiful. Did you paint the mural or is it wallpaper?
It’s painted, so I don’t have to worry about seams!

Here’s a picture of what I served for the lunch (pre-plated), and another picture from a different meal showing more of the wall.

I think I can do as good a job as Phi Phi! But, I guess I’m REALLY gay! 😆 (I don’t use tin foil in my candlesticks, though!)

3D64782E-8B39-4A88-BD86-AFD702795BDF.jpeg

0C6F221E-D755-42C7-A95F-5EDE19E81F01.jpeg

Last edited: Friday at 6:17 PM
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions:Irish Lou, Stroppy, billybudd and 46 others

You have such a beautiful home, well dining room(?).

Marquis de Potpourri

VIP Member

Tuesday at 8:42 PM
Madame No said:
Hmm....Ms. Gooder is slipping with her grammar. I am suspicious about her identity. Why is "Moat" capitalized? "Historical" should be historically. "...so he will enjoy to swim there" should be "he will enjoy swimming there". There are other awkward sentence structures in addition to these. This is not her usual carefulness. I agree with others that she is a CD plant.

You beat me to it!
To make sense of what she wrote, try reading her comment out loud with Nati's accent.
:cool:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:Shateau Scrounger, StarrD1927, tat life and 46 others

Including this one 👇

Marquis de Potpourri

VIP Member

Tuesday at 8:51 PM
Meanwhile, at Lalande...

there-s-a-whole-lot-of-nothing-going-on.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:Shateau Scrounger, SleepingBeauty123, Lady Di and 45 others

🎯🎯🎯🎯

None the less. There's the wiki and happy tattling.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It’s very possible the Marquis’ family is working with the government to expose her misdeeds. But would they actually want the property back in the condition it’s in. After all, it is in far worse condition than it was 17 years ago.
And it seems that they sold as they were struggling with upkeep. The chateau was probably in a bad shape back then. Like many old families/ rich people I guess they were property rich, cash poor. On staphs flog talk about the patrons she showed one of the rooms which had bunkbeds in and said everything was for practicality not beauty. I presume that means that they didn't use large parts of the chateau like the servants' quarters or current downstairs staff bedrooms (hence why they are such disrepair) and probably didn't have the money to install heating and modern upgrades for the entire place. Back in the day the owners ran massive homes like this with loads of staff in the kitchen, cleaning, gardening etc- there is no way a single owner is able to it all alone. Also, I don't know how old the marque is/ was but if he was getting older and frail it would have been bad mobility wisein the chateau and much like percy would have got very cold and ill

If they did prove fanny's misdeeds - unless it is in the contract wouldn't the property be sold under auction to pay off debt/unpaid taxes/ fines. Also, if the family was struggling to manage back then- what has changed since? They would need ever more money and time to firstly address the basic structural integrity issues and then to redecorate an undo all of streps horrendous decor.

@Clara Burnett have you got any info on the de nadillac visitor? what is the purpose of his visit? Are the family unhappy with how fanny is using the family name?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
At my grandfather's place, the pigs were given puffed corn with boiled turnips.
I do not know! Is it possible that this is a dinner for guests? At the chateau?
Maybe the elite eats like that, and only peasants eat meat, fish, cheese, eggs, pasta, fruit, bread....
I mean, I'm not fat, I'm normal weight, but this is not a meal.
Even the worst meal at SJ was nowhere near as bad as this dinner. Ok, maybe eggs cooked together with asparagus.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Thank you for your stories @MRShavershamsdress & @KyBourbon. They are absolutely important, especially when we want to talk about homophobia and queer history!
It absolutely revolts me that Michael Petherick cries victim about his lost subscribers. Has Michael ever been alienated because of his sexuality? Has he been the victim of gay bashing? Has he ever had to live in fear, because of who he is?!
Lest we forget Stephanie Jarvis who without any moral decency perpetuate and maintain homophobia in the world by letting Ivo and Frank be discriminated, then hypocritially celebrated Pride - what an ally, not!
Today, Nov 20th, is Trangender Rememberance Day, a day for me to remember all the brave people to paved the way through sorrow, pain and blood for me to be able to exist, albeit not entirely without fear. Something none of those châteauverse grifters could ever relate to.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Maybe the elite eats like that, and only peasants eat meat, fish, cheese, eggs, pasta, fruit, bread....
Even the worst meal at SJ was nowhere near as bad as this dinner. Ok, maybe eggs cooked together with asparagus.
1668953350370.png

Clutching their wineglasses. Are they afraid someone is going to steal them? 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 16
A short digression before we all start discussing the excitement of this evenings Chateau Diaries.😂😂

I just saw this clip on the news so found it on YouTube to share. It’s so adorable (I am a soft touch)😂😂 A pregnant chimp had to have a C Section and her baby was taken away from her for 2 days with problems.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
And it seems that they sold as they were struggling with upkeep. The chateau was probably in a bad shape back then. Like many old families/ rich people I guess they were property rich, cash poor. On staphs flog talk about the patrons she showed one of the rooms which had bunkbeds in and said everything was for practicality not beauty. I presume that means that they didn't use large parts of the chateau like the servants' quarters or current downstairs staff bedrooms (hence why they are such disrepair) and probably didn't have the money to install heating and modern upgrades for the entire place. Back in the day the owners ran massive homes like this with loads of staff in the kitchen, cleaning, gardening etc- there is no way a single owner is able to it all alone. Also, I don't know how old the marque is/ was but if he was getting older and frail it would have been bad mobility wisein the chateau and much like percy would have got very cold and ill

If they did prove fanny's misdeeds - unless it is in the contract wouldn't the property be sold under auction to pay off debt/unpaid taxes/ fines. Also, if the family was struggling to manage back then- what has changed since? They would need ever more money and time to firstly address the basic structural integrity issues and then to redecorate an undo all of streps horrendous decor.

@Clara Burnett have you got any info on the de nadillac visitor? what is the purpose of his visit? Are the family unhappy with how fanny is using the family name?
Supposedly the old marquis was elderly and she says he died in recent years. I assume the current marquis is his eldest son. As to the condition of the HMN, it was rundown but not collapsing. The Marquis’ apartment got it’s name because that’s where he lived when in residence. As I understand it, LaLande was used as a summer residence and vacation home. Possibly for hunting as well. Personally I believe the late Marquis wanted LaLande restored as a family home and that’s why he didn’t want to sell to Stephony. BTW, I don’t know if your nickname for her, “Staph” was a typo or intentional but glory be, it is brilliant!

Reactions: 20
Supposedly the old marquis was elderly and she says he died in recent years. I assume the current marquis is his eldest son. As to the condition of the HMN, it was rundown but not collapsing. The Marquis’ apartment got it’s name because that’s where he lived when in residence. As I understand it, LaLande was used as a summer residence and vacation home. Possibly for hunting as well. Personally I believe the late Marquis wanted LaLande restored as a family home and that’s why he didn’t want to sell to Stephony. BTW, I don’t know if your nickname for her, “Staph” was a typo or intentional but glory be, it is brilliant!
Thanks! It was initially a typo some threads ago with strep, but I think Staph sounds better! Shame antibiotics can't cure her!

It must be a shame for the family to see what a beautiful summer home rundown was once and now be mutilated by staph & pylori! sadly it looks like it is heading more towards unrestorable over the years. Imagine what someone with some common sense and good funds could do with the farmhouse!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Thank you for your stories @MRShavershamsdress & @KyBourbon. They are absolutely important, especially when we want to talk about homophobia and queer history!
It absolutely revolts me that Michael Petherick cries victim about his lost subscribers. Has Michael ever been alienated because of his sexuality? Has he been the victim of gay bashing? Has he ever had to live in fear, because of who he is?!
Lest we forget Stephanie Jarvis who without any moral decency perpetuate and maintain homophobia in the world by letting Ivo and Frank be discriminated, then hypocritially celebrated Pride - what an ally, not!
Today, Nov 20th, is Trangender Rememberance Day, a day for me to remember all the brave people to paved the way through sorrow, pain and blood for me to be able to exist, albeit not entirely without fear. Something none of those châteauverse grifters could ever relate to.
Waking up to news of yet another mass shooting at an LGBTQ nightclub in the good ol' US of A.
This time in Colorado. I have no words left to say about the rampant homophobia/transphobia and gun culture mentality of this country.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
Thank you for the reminder of today’s special meaning. Your bravery to live your authentic life is inspiring. I sympathize deeply because that’s what kept me alive too. I wish I could say our stories were the exception rather than the rule. We’ve come so far but there is still work to do. I will forever refuse to lead my life to someone else’s strictures. As @Le Baiseur has pointed out, the USA still has a very long way to go. Acts of violence are still being perpetrated against our community. It disgusts me that our political leaders would rather pit us against ourselves to distract us from their misdeeds. I shall now descend from my soap box, carry on.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
She says at the end, @27.20 They do eat more than turnips.. Look how they're dressed though, obviously thought the chateau would be cold... meanwhile, baby in a little romper and the guy in shorts.....

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Good Morning! First of all, too much sadness met me with the headlines this morning of yet another shooting in the US, again in a gay nightclub. Unfortunately, things may get worse as we are now in the holiday season. My father had a convenience grocery store growing up and he said the two most dangerous months for armed robberies were August because it was so dang hot and Christmas because people were under stress and desperate. Prayers go out to all her were deeply affected.

Back to the shitoo. My two or three cents about the previous owners of the shithole. I bet they were damn glad to get rid of it! It's not pretty, it's not comfortable, it's a money pit, and it's in the middle of nowhere. They were not farmers, ranchers, or loggers so they did not use the land as it was intended. I don't know why the hell they would ever want to return there. I wouldn't. I have some old family homes in my family that were run down and I hated going there, my older brother on the other hand loved it. I don't read anything into the family member volunteering other than he's young, he's got energy, he doesn't yet have to make a living, and it's something to do. Why would the Nadilacs give a stinking hoot about what Fanny does with the property? Surely they have better things to do than that. And why would they begrudge the deplorable state of the shitoo? It was terrible when they lived there too. It may have even been worse. Andrew may just be curious but I don't think he's going to break into any files. Maria and Pavlina on the other hand....🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 33
She says at the end, @27.20 They do eat more than turnips.. Look how they're dressed though, obviously thought the chateau would be cold... meanwhile, baby in a little romper and the guy in shorts.....
Oh the luxury

• Haha
Reactions: 14
In all fairness. We only know what we see. So whether he has been abused, beaten or such we don't know. What he has experienced we know nothing about. It's not a competition.

Reactions: 12
All I want to know is if young Nadaillac will be given a larger serving of the Isabelle/Percy Auschwitz 400-calorie ration for enslaved volunteers of Lalande with one lardon's worth of protein? Will baby boy get two lardons if he sleeps with the chatelaine? Three for a threesome?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Thank you @ComtesseRose for calling attention to Transender Remembrance Day. We hear the more sensational stories about gay bashing, shootings, beatings, and the murder of gay people. But what a lot of people don’t think about are the subtle slights, off hand remarks, micro aggressions, and exclusion that many (if not all) gay people have and do experience. It can be very traumatic, affecting your self esteem and confidence. I think a lot of gay people develop a wickedly good sense of humor and wit as a response to these everyday slights. Yes, I was also disgusted when Michael played the victim and used homophobia as an excuse for his lost subscribers. I don’t know his past experience with homophobia, but he definitely used the term to garner sympathy and turn the narrative away from the real reason people unsubscribed…blowing his money on rent boys, hotels, and partying in Madrid. He has a loving, supportive family, friends, and thousands of subscribers who don’t care about his sexuality. Over the years, Michael has perfected the art of excuse-making while simultaneously making himself the victim. His false claim of homophobia to excuse his lost subscribers is a slap in the face to the real homophobia experienced by so many.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Born naked. All drag now.
❤🧡💛💚💙💜🖤
I'm a cis female, plain vanilla, and plenty of it. One of the dumbest things somebody ever said to me was one of these fascist Southern belles who said if only I could get rid of my "masculine gestures" I'd be really cute. Not even going into the inferno of mansplaining I've undergone as a female with an IQ higher than body temp.
If I'm getting it, I can only imagine what the transgender people get.
This is my transgender heroine, Chrissy Stroop, who escaped evangelical home schooling, edited a book about kids abused with Christian homeschooling, got a PhD, and transitioned online. She is one brave motherfucker.
Amazon product

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Perhaps there’s some kind of revert back to the family clause if Fanny fails to meet certain obligations?!? He’s been sent in to ascertain if they’ve been met. They’ve got to be horrified by her actions and any association with her.
You may be on to something........

🤔🔬💡

That's why she's keeping the 📺 from the Nadaillacs !

• Haha
Reactions: 16
This is my transgender heroine, Chrissy Stroop, who escaped evangelical home schooling, edited a book about kids abused with Christian homeschooling, got a PhD, and transitioned online. She is one brave motherfucker.
Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 10.38.42 AM.png

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.