Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I have no friends from childhood. I was deep “in the closet” until I turned 25 years old. I had a best friend in high school. He and I happened to be in the same classes the entire time we were in school. We hung out together, and our families even got together and socialized. We went to separate colleges and stayed in contact. After he graduated, he moved back to my city. He met a girl at college and proposed to her shortly after graduation. Since we were such close friends, everyone thought he would ask me to be in their wedding, but he didn’t. I was really surprised, shocked, and a little embarrassed (especially when people asked why). He said they wanted to “keep the wedding party small.” My family and I were invited to the wedding, but I wasn’t included in the wedding party. His best man was a guy we had both known in high school (on a side note, his best man was too busy to coordinate a bachelor party, so I stepped in and threw the party for him). He even told me I didn’t have to go to the wedding if I didn’t want to…the wedding was in his fiancé’s hometown 6 hours away. My family and I sent a gift, we drove 6 hours to the wedding, we attended the reception, and wished the couple well. After he and his wife returned home, I reached out to him a few times, but he was always busy. So I thought I would wait for him to call me but he never did…I was ghosted. I’ve never seen or talked to him or his family since…that was almost 30 years ago. After I came out, several people confided to me (independently) that his parents suspected I might be gay at that time and they didn’t want “someone like me” in their son’s wedding party. My friend didn’t stand up for me, so I assume he felt the same way. It was a hurtful experience. Homophobia at its finest. Luckily for me, I met some truly wonderful friends as an adult who stood by my side even after I came out. And I have a wonderful partner of 20 years. So, when Michael Petherick cried “homophobia” after people unsubscribed from his channel when, in fact, they really unsubscribed because he blew all their money on rent boys and parties, I was angry. I’ve experienced homophobia directly and personally…Michael’s false claims to garner pity really cheapened the experience of anyone who has truly been a target of homophobia.
Thank you for sharing that. It’s never easy. Many of us of a certain age have horror stories of homophobia. I was accidentally outed in high school by my own actions. My father gave me the choice of conversion therapy with a Christian therapist or homelessness. I was self aware enough at the time so I decided to play his game to finish my senior year. I left for university and never looked back. Mom kicked his ass to the curb my freshman year. I didn’t see him again until eleven years later when I identified his body after he drank himself to death. I loved my dad very much. After their divorce was granted I told him he’d made his choices and lost his oldest son as a result. We had a lot in common but he chose to succumb to his demons. In many ways it was my most hurtful experience with homophobia. My mom, brother and the grandparents were totally different. Their attitude was you’re family and we love you. So much so that my mom did have a history of calling before a big event to see if I was available for hair and make up, and maybe something sparkly from the drag bag. But the most horrifying experience with homophobia was the suicide of my boyfriend at university. We’d been together for two years. I moved off campus so we could quietly live together even though he still had a private dorm room. He was outed when his fraternity brother saw him leave our apartment to go back to campus. It was a small southern school and I was out. The news was all over campus by the end of the day. To compound matters he was African American, literally. One parent from the DRC and the from the American southern Atlantic coast. I am white. So there was a heaping helping of hate for both our orientation and races. Someone called his parents and they made him come home. On Monday I went into my newspaper job and found a note in my box to call his fraternity’s faculty advisor as he’d killed himself over the weekend. I was told I was unwelcome at the funeral and that his death was my fault. Obviously that was not true, but my mental state fractured and I shut down. My best friend moved in and protected me. She got me through finals, made sure I ate and bathed and refused to leave my side until the next term started. I didn’t date again for years, and I refused to ever let anyone force me back into the closet. To this day I think of what a fine and wonderful young man he was. I miss him still almost 40 years later. I do not wonder “what if” because that is fruitless. It’s one of the reasons I’m still active in my community, attend pride and refuse to dim my light for anyone or any reason. @KyBourbon I sympathize with your experience and send you a virtual hug🤗. Life hurts us sometimes, but we can become better people for it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61

Lochness Monster

VIP Member
Why is Dan talking about windows?
I am not an expert in construction works, but it seems to me that a building must first have a roof.
Do any of you 15 know if there is a chateauverse rehab clinic somewhere for me to sign up for?
Oh my goodness. That is it. Pethericks are turning the convent into a rehab centre for chateau nutters, both owners and patron can try and recover whilst….a bell tolls every hour and Ryan knocks on your door and shouts crack on

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

KyBourbon

VIP Member
Beautiful and classic! You have a lovely and inviting home. Oh, and it's clean! 🤣
Thank you! I hired an artist to paint the walls in a landscape scenic (it’s bright and cheery…mostly blue and green, with some splashes of color). It took her about a month to finish. It represents the scenery and landscape around my house. Because it’s painted, I don’t have to worry about wallpaper seams! No crayons for me! 😄

Also, I iron my tablecloth! 😆

That reminds me…I really need to clean my house today!

Your place looks beautiful. Did you paint the mural or is it wallpaper?
It’s painted, so I don’t have to worry about seams!

Here’s a picture of what I served for the lunch (pre-plated), and another picture from a different meal showing more of the wall.

I think I can do as good a job as Phi Phi! But, I guess I’m REALLY gay! 😆 (I don’t use tin foil in my candlesticks, though!)

3D64782E-8B39-4A88-BD86-AFD702795BDF.jpeg

0C6F221E-D755-42C7-A95F-5EDE19E81F01.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 53

KyBourbon

VIP Member
I was raised in a very small southern US town with all the viciousness and attendent minding of everyone’s business but their own. I was also something of an odd child, much older than my years. Add in that my parents were influential in state and national poltics both personally and professionally and it was a recipe for disaster. As a result I had only a few friends, none close until university. Even those scattered to the four winds after graduation. I met my best friend in my first job out of uni and now 35 years later we still talk and write each other regularly though we are several states away from each other. I introduced him to his husband and they are still together. I have a small group of good friends. Even one or two that would help you hide a body.😎 My friends are a diverse group of men, women, straight, gay, green and purple. Fanny’s lack of close relationships speaks volumes about her psychology.
I have no friends from childhood. I was deep “in the closet” until I turned 25 years old. I had a best friend in high school. He and I happened to be in the same classes the entire time we were in school. We hung out together, and our families even got together and socialized. We went to separate colleges and stayed in contact. After he graduated, he moved back to my city. He met a girl at college and proposed to her shortly after graduation. Since we were such close friends, everyone thought he would ask me to be in their wedding, but he didn’t. I was really surprised, shocked, and a little embarrassed (especially when people asked why). He said they wanted to “keep the wedding party small.” My family and I were invited to the wedding, but I wasn’t included in the wedding party. His best man was a guy we had both known in high school (on a side note, his best man was too busy to coordinate a bachelor party, so I stepped in and threw the party for him). He even told me I didn’t have to go to the wedding if I didn’t want to…the wedding was in his fiancé’s hometown 6 hours away. My family and I sent a gift, we drove 6 hours to the wedding, we attended the reception, and wished the couple well. After he and his wife returned home, I reached out to him a few times, but he was always busy. So I thought I would wait for him to call me but he never did…I was ghosted. I’ve never seen or talked to him or his family since…that was almost 30 years ago. After I came out, several people confided to me (independently) that his parents suspected I might be gay at that time and they didn’t want “someone like me” in their son’s wedding party. My friend didn’t stand up for me, so I assume he felt the same way. It was a hurtful experience. Homophobia at its finest. Luckily for me, I met some truly wonderful friends as an adult who stood by my side even after I came out. And I have a wonderful partner of 20 years. So, when Michael Petherick cried “homophobia” after people unsubscribed from his channel when, in fact, they really unsubscribed because he blew all their money on rent boys and parties, I was angry. I’ve experienced homophobia directly and personally…Michael’s false claims to garner pity really cheapened the experience of anyone who has truly been a target of homophobia.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Hmm....Ms. Gooder is slipping with her grammar. I am suspicious about her identity. Why is "Moat" capitalized? "Historical" should be historically. "...so he will enjoy to swim there" should be "he will enjoy swimming there". There are other awkward sentence structures in addition to these. This is not her usual carefulness. I agree with others that she is a CD plant.

You beat me to it!
To make sense of what she wrote, try reading her comment out loud with Nati's accent.
:cool:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

KyBourbon

VIP Member
Thanks for sharing this very personal story. I'm sure your 'friend' has had time to reflect on his cowardly behavior. I hope he regrets it and has matured enough to own his decision. BTW, when you posted the pic of the blue parrot candlesticks, was that a table setting you did yourself? In any case it was stunning!
Thank you! Maybe he’s reflected and has different thoughts now. I do know from a couple of people that he has 3 kids (the oldest just got married) and he lives 2 hours away from me. Appears he’s been successful in business. Hopefully he’s had a nice life.

No, that picture wasn’t my tablescape…it was a picture pulled from the Mrs. Alice site.

Here’s a picture of it on my table for a lunch I hosted last spring. The table wasn’t completely finished yet, and the candy was for my nieces!

2D4B918D-2B7E-4CAA-AF5F-6F1F3B5A0DAF.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 47

Jules100

VIP Member
I’ve recently had an epiphany, I think Philip is the person supposedly paid to read TL and report back Stephanie.
🦔👢➿
Think about it:
-we know keeping up with tattle is basically a full time job
-Philip doesn’t really do much around the chateau
-Stephanie keeps her precious money and pays Philip in forehead nuzzles, Nailberry nail polish and her Emmaus cast offs whilst getting free YouTube channel content ideas from the experts
-I’m usually right and a little bit psychic

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Why is Dan talking about windows?
I am not an expert in construction works, but it seems to me that a building must first have a roof.
Do any of you 15 know if there is a chateauverse rehab clinic somewhere for me to sign up for?
Dan needs new windows for his Chateau de Relict, so he can shut the rain or snow out this winter! :D:ROFLMAO:
The roof isn't as important at this point!:cool:

dan22.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

BigGreenMeany

Hey guys! I am planning a vlog and just brainstorming what to present in it. I am planning cooking section; how to boil water, egg. How to open a can of soup. DIY section would be watching paint dry mostly. Arranging supermarket flowers while boiling water. I also bought woodchip panelling from 1970's and it is taking approx 1/2 of my flat before my buz (bastard cuz) will install it for me. Name - I am spittballing here with Escape to my bedsit/studio apt., Bedsit DIY, Studio apartment unwrapped. Other characters in the vlog will be my domineering mum, a balding gen Z bf with failed background in entertainment (no one subscribed to his onlyfans) and he also has grandfather issues. I am still looking for a angry south american...
My Patreon has levels: dumbdumb, schmuck, sucker and idiot. I hope many idiots as I want a Tesla and a cruise ship.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Sorry, no sympathy from me. He's an adult. He doesn't have to do any of this. He chooses to do it. He's obviously not a self-made man of success. He's actually got a very cushy deal living at the shithole. Room and board taken care of. Sexual needs taken care of, I guess, I don't know for sure. No pressure to get anything done in a timely manner. No boss checking up on him. No job reviews. His own workshop. Adoring fans. I think he's quite happy in his position. He's a real mama's boy so taking orders from women suits him just fine.
None from me either. Stephanie Jarvis cousin is a real piece of work. The only reason he is so very well loved is because that's how she portrays him in het flogs, being a knight in shining armor he most definitely is not. We all know what his girlfriend is like, yet nobody questions why they are actually together? Armoir is just as much the bully as the Argentinian girl he is spending his free time with and he seems to have a lot of free time lately, doesn't he? He better wash out though, because I'm sure there's many a replacement standing in line for being "master" carpenter at the shittoo. Can't wait to see him go.

I personally find it fascinating that while Stephanie Jarvis loves to film herself (or let her "boyfriend" film her) opening gifts, yet she is never caught on screen giving something to somebody else (I know, La Lande honey and cheap wine, but every rule must have its exception, right?)
She claims she's giving to charity, but never shows any proof of that to anyone while she could easily use it to polish her public image even more. And nobody in her fanbase is questioning this? Do they all also believe that when she was asked to come speak to the French government about her lovely patrons (big baloney bullshit) she also talked lavishly about the many gifts she receives for free? Do they all not know the tax men are listening to?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Le Baiseur

VIP Member
I saw this tea at Cost Plus last night. Perfect for brewing - and spilling! Someone should send it in to Cadeau.
1668698893438.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

Madame No

VIP Member
Please send positive vibes to Caroline Gooder as she approaches the final stages of her Ph.D. studies on Stephanology!
Damn! The mad woman must have all the CD and Cadeaux episodes on a continuous playlist!

kevin ohara
6 hours ago
Iv just seen the episode where you drained the pond to use as a pool what a waste all the wildlife plants etci have a lot of admiration for you decorating and making things etc but to destroy natural places is stupid if you wanted a pool make one lol
caroline gooder
1 hour ago
Please see the episode with Davey's 5 year plan. The pond is still there and will be a natural pond and not a fishery as it was historical. On Davey's plans it has a structure near it for viewing, etc. Michael Potts likes to swim in natural areas and the Moat, so he will enjoy to swim there. The lake was drained due to the demands of the EU water police and is being surveyed to return in a new more eco friendly state. The new modern pool is going in where the tennis court is in about three years.
Hmm....Ms. Gooder is slipping with her grammar. I am suspicious about her identity. Why is "Moat" capitalized? "Historical" should be historically. "...so he will enjoy to swim there" should be "he will enjoy swimming there". There are other awkward sentence structures in addition to these. This is not her usual carefulness. I agree with others that she is a CD plant.

Ms Gooder's English is slipping
You beat me to it!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41

Jules100

VIP Member
Am I the only one that zoomed into the glass doors looking for @KyBourbon’s reflection?

I think I made a major TL discovery. I put Ky’s picture through a dark light ultra filter & boom: Brenda Gibbons!
495831F9-3716-4743-BB02-2162E880C13A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Please send positive vibes to Caroline Gooder as she approaches the final stages of her Ph.D. studies on Stephanology!
Damn! The mad woman must have all the CD and Cadeaux episodes on a continuous playlist!

kevin ohara
6 hours ago
Iv just seen the episode where you drained the pond to use as a pool what a waste all the wildlife plants etci have a lot of admiration for you decorating and making things etc but to destroy natural places is stupid if you wanted a pool make one lol
caroline gooder
1 hour ago
Please see the episode with Davey's 5 year plan. The pond is still there and will be a natural pond and not a fishery as it was historical. On Davey's plans it has a structure near it for viewing, etc. Michael Potts likes to swim in natural areas and the Moat, so he will enjoy to swim there. The lake was drained due to the demands of the EU water police and is being surveyed to return in a new more eco friendly state. The new modern pool is going in where the tennis court is in about three years.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39

Madame No

VIP Member
Thanks everyone for all the comments today. I have cried, but mostly laughed at all the wit and humor. My husband, who is suffering from mental issues, is having a bad day, thus I am too. Being on this site is really helping me through it. Love to all! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 39