The Chateau Diaries #183 Stephanie Jarvis will always be a charlatan, rather than a chatelaine, full stop!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Yebo if your solicitors can figure out who Stephanie's and The Petherick's accountant is and how to contact them, they would likely have a lot of information...

Not to forget, that she forgot to publish the accounts... by blaming the accountant.
Speaking of... If she promises to show the accounts, yet fail to deliver, wouldn't that be a breach of something, maybe not a legal breach, but one could hope...
Jesus, has she still not shown the accounts? What are the patreons saying, she's already pushed this back a couple of times...

Reactions: 15
The Hiding Place is a must read. I read it when I was younger, and then reread it a few years ago, and I had forgotten the age Corrie and her sister were when they went into the camp, I always assumed they were younger women, but they were in their early 50s (if I'm remembering correctly) and being that age now myself I cannot imagine working like they did and what they went through.

From what I've read the area of Creuse helped 1000s of people, not necessarily that they were all helped at Dan's Derelict Digs.
Yes! Fantastic book.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Jesus, has she still not shown the accounts? What are the patreons saying, she's already pushed this back a couple of times...
Most of the patreons don't care in fact they never ask they don't seem bothered they just love her regardless

Reactions: 17
The patreons don't care, they like their rose colored glasses and emperor's new Zara clothes. If they feel they're getting what they pay for, then fine by me. In my opinion, the unacceptable grift is the Cadeaux channel, it's beyond reprehensible.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
This hurricane will not go away! Stay safe @Jules100 its coming for you first!
I lived in the Tampa Bay Area all my life until we moved six years ago. All our loved ones are still there. I will be so glad when this hurricane has done it’s thing. Been so stressful being so far away and not being able to help them prepare.
To all in the possible path….stay safe!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The patreons don't care, they like their rose colored glasses and emperor's new Zara clothes. If they feel they're getting what they pay for, then fine by me. In my opinion, the unacceptable grift is the Cadeaux channel, it's beyond reprehensible.
To be honest I also wouldn't care enough to request them, as a patreon. BUT if someone promises something out of their own volition and then they keep having silly excuses as to why they won't deliver on it that is when I start to suspect something's not right. Especially if we're talking finances.

Reactions: 19
@Yebo Patreon opened around 9th Feb 2020 - so any funds there are not in the Association until 26th January 2021

Sorry I cannot make sense of what this says.
Can she put funds raised before 26th January in to avoid tax or only funds after? I would be surprised if she puts anything in before she has to as she would not have had to pay much tax anyway at the start and could keep the funds for her use. If she has put all funds in - is that allowed? Can you backdate any funds you have and just make them non taxable to spend on your home?

Reactions: 7
I think Mummy and Percy are all over this now to pull Fanny out of any trouble. Percy will be a canny businessman

They would also be under client confidentiality

• Heart
Reactions: 12
That's hysterical and sad at the same time. And it's why ancestry dot com and similar places are a trap for the unwary. It begs the question: What is missing in Brique & Bois Publisher's life that makes them cling on to an extremely tenuous link to nobility?

This is also a question can be asked of all the CD super fans - not 'What inspires you to watch the CD?' and not 'What is it about SJ that inspires you?' but 'What's missing in your life?' What is missing in the lives of these crazed superfans that they cannot see beyond the glitter, faerie lights and paste jewels to question what is really going on at lieLande?
Folks that idolize their ancestors are like potato plants, best part of them is buried underground. My maternal line descends through the Plantagenets. That doesn’t mean we have a claim to the English throne. I can’t think of anything more horrible to happen to a person, gack! You’re life is not your own!

Reactions: 10
Can she put funds raised before 26th January in to avoid tax or only funds after? I would be surprised if she puts anything in before she has to as she would not have had to pay much tax anyway at the start and could keep the funds for her use. If she has put all funds in - is that allowed? Can you backdate any funds you have and just make them non taxable to spend on your home?
No you can't. Well not in the UK or anywhere else I've dealt with. and the principles are the same. Income paid to SJ are funds for Stephanie Jarvis. They will be taxed as such. The tax free donations only start from the start of the Association. I'd need to see the accounts, timing etc. I don't think there's a country in the world where backdating funds would be allowed. So I'd give a firm no here!!

I think Mummy and Percy are all over this now to pull Fanny out of any trouble. Percy will be a canny businessman

They would also be under client confidentiality
Patrons are the clients as well in an Association so have every legal, not moral, legal right to the accounts for the year.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I mean, it's stunning in pic he shared, but there was a familiarity I couldn't quite put my finger on until now....

Admins- this is my formal request for Dan's project to be known now as 'Bates Motel' going forward 🤣 see attached evidence.
How about calling Dan's 'folly' Master Bates Motel ? 😉 :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
How about calling Dan's 'folly' Master Bates Motel ? 😉 :LOL:
Ooo I don't think that would be right considering the history of the place. He must have big big money behind him or it's going to take forever. I'd love to fly a drone over the place and compare the video and pics with what he shows on his YouTube channel. If he's been after this for 2 years then I have a sneaky suspicion that he fooling with the actual time line.

Reactions: 9
I wouldn’t care as much about her Patreon if she hadn’t set up the Association. But, if she set up the association to avoid paying taxes on $34K per month in revenue, I think her feet need to be held to the fire to fulfill her obligations…which includes sharing the accounts with the Association members. I pay taxes on my income. She’s making over $360K on Patreon tax-free… but she can’t be bothered to do something as simple as share the accounts? That should make everyone furious.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I wouldn’t care as much about her Patreon if she hadn’t set up the Association. But, if she set up the association to avoid paying taxes on $34K per month in revenue, I think her feet need to be held to the fire to fulfill her obligations…which includes sharing the accounts with the Association members. I pay taxes on my income. She’s making over $360K on Patreon tax-free… but she can’t be bothered to do something as simple as share the accounts? That should make everyone furious.
And suspicious

Reactions: 15
Ha ha no, I've seen stuff about Isabella6541 and think that the person was posting when I first joined. I intend to get results and timeline is the term for what I'm doing. Here's what I have so far:
Patreon opened around 9th Feb 2020 - so any funds there are not in the Association until 26th January 2021
During this time people were told that join patreon and become a MEMBER.
Association rules are that there must be an AGM where all MEMBERS are invited. Its not a SUGGESTION, it's a rule.
Despite being asked by people on here for the accounts, there were non forthcoming. These requests were made in the comments section and not in recorded delivery letters. It appears that in the last 2 (two) weeks the wording on patreon was altered without explanation, to read 'become a benefactor'. A BENEFACTOR does not have the same rights as a MEMBER as far as Associations are concerned. Now, for legal reasons I'm not implying that SJ, IJ or Natalia changed the wording to evade or avoid having to show the accounts. For their own sake it would behoove them to explain the change if indeed it happened. I have yet to find the evidence in the threads on here.
Just so that you know, I trained with one of the big 4 accounting firms in auditing and tax so I have an eye for detail and know what to look for.
If there is more to this than meets the eye then SJ should come clean and explain everything. It could be an error, who knows? But I'm sticking strictly to the rules without being emotional. I hope that explains things.

This is exactly right and it is not permitted to just change a patron's legal status because that is what in effect is happening here. Everytime eBay, PayPal etc change their terms and conditions they alert those who will be effected. It's quite simple.

So, if anyone joined patreon as a member then they are fully entitled to attend the AGM which must be publicised in a reasonable time. They will also be entitled to the financial statements, vote on the budget (where any excess funds are spent) and otherwise have their say on what happens within the Association. Maybe they can replace IJ with someone else. Its these nuances that I'm having checked out.
On doing my end won’t give any details except to say RADAR

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.