The Chateau Diaries #183 Stephanie Jarvis will always be a charlatan, rather than a chatelaine, full stop!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is the association not registered in France? We are not part of the EU any more? Why would UK authorities be interested?
Yes, it's complicated. I imagine if UK-resident citizens (as patrons) are victims of a fraud, or if significant moneys obtained via fraud are channelled through UK financial institutions (such as Fanny's bank account) they might be interested.

Reactions: 11
@Albee said:
Very recently as in the last two weeks or so. Someone posted the two differences side by side.
@Albee said:
Do you have screenshots of the old patreon tier benefits before she updated them recently?

It was me. tattle.life/goto/post?id=11844924
She recently relaunched her patreon page just before or after the patrons day event. She changed some words & pictures. It was previously all patrons will be members of the association but she has now changed it to patrons will be benefactors or sponsors of the association. I think that means they are not really part of the association they are just contributing to it. She's obviously changed her mind, I think she's now doing what her friends (Fleuries) are doing. They are all deceitful, they change their minds once they get the money they want. There is more information of the previous patreon page here

web.archive.org/web/20220530130307/https://www.patreon.com/thechateaudiaries

Also I think some of the grifters might start using the new youtube payment system (instead of patreon) just like @jojonz said here about Billy. This might be what Dan plans to use. tattle.life/goto/post?id=11886875
Thanks KittCatt
@Yebo here are the screen shots if the previous tiers

Reactions: 6
This all looks like Isabella6541 part two to me.
(Nobody would be happier than me if it wasn't)

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I assume there will be a personal financial gain for you in this story too. Probably ''fame'' within your industry too, because you are taken down a youtube, with a massive Patreon account.

find another sugar mommy/daddy
I don't think bringing Fanny down will bring notoriety or money

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Dan got the teeth gifted in exchange for vlogging about it. And like many of these treatments, what is widely advertised as veneers is actually crowns. Veneers don't require that much tooth to be filed down. Decent dentists would never suggests crowns on healthy teeth.

I've got no problems with people getting cosmetic procedures (i got braces as an adult) but I do have an issue when these treatments go wrong and people turn up at uk dentists expecting them to resolve it. I don't blame dentists here for refusing to touch them.

I also have an issue when an influencer or someone with a modest following such as dan is effectively advertising this treatment as 'veneers' when it is absolutely not that.
Thanks for the clarification. The heart of the matter is the same though, Dan has not been able to afford dental work until now when vlogging has allowed him to trade influencing for the product. I think that is the more likely scenario than him getting a new set of teeth specifically due to having a TV deal and wanting to look nice on the telly.

Crowns or veneers, the bottom line is even the highest quality product does not compare with actual teeth and anyone who gets them needs to be prepared to replace them at least once in their lifetime. He has a full mouth of them so I hope he is aware.

Also, as a side note, you would also be surprised about the abuse of veneers by certain dentists. I have seen some horror stories.

I also have adult braces (Invisalign, it's been amazing). But like Dan, I wasn't able to afford this when I was younger. Luckily my teeth are perfectly healthy, just not aligned. And it was still an expense. The work Dan had to have probably costs more than double that.

Reactions: 7
I am posting this video as an example of TRANSPARENCY for the benefit of SJ and IJ who might not understand the concept. This lady started a fund to assist any YouTuber with legal fees. It is a masterclass in transparency.
This is interesting as I used to follow SueMe as she started out as a vintage reseller . I stopped when she went waaaay off topic . In fact her just chatting videos were it for me .

Reactions: 2
But they had so much fun Iolair🤢☹… darling🤢
View attachment 1607903
Look, there she is, playing with her ribbons again. 🎀 Mummy seems to get more joy out of the wrappings than the actual gifts. One would hope she collects this crap to reuse it all for birthdays and Xmas presents, but I have the feeling it just accumulates while she forgets about it all. I also doubt she buys gifts for others. She, like her daughter, must be the mistress of the re-gift taken from all the cheap cadeaux junk they open and don't want and can't off load on Ebay.

Reactions: 12
Thank you. This is helpful. We are just mapping out timelines. If, and its a big if, patrons were told that they were members of the Association, then there should have been an AGM before the wording was changed. I'm sure I don't have to ask this question, but I will:
Does anyone remember being notified of an Association AGM (Annual General Meeting) ?

Going through the legalities.
Here are the links to the association docs as posted by @arthur.

• Heart
No, unfortunately I don’t have screen shots of SJ’s original tiers. I had taken screen shots of the “Magical Modernist Mansion” Patreon levels…back when they had to “quickly and unexpectedly” set up a Patreon (but, somehow, they already had all their tiers figured out and defined in detail).
I knew you screenshoted something 😂

Reactions: 5
Look, there she is, playing with her ribbons again. 🎀 Mummy seems to get more joy out of the wrappings than the actual gifts. One would hope she collects this crap to reuse it all for birthdays and Xmas presents, but I have the feeling it just accumulates while she forgets about it all. I also doubt she buys gifts for others. She, like her daughter, must be the mistress of the re-gift taken from all the cheap cadeaux junk they open and don't want and can't off load on Ebay.
That description fits my grandmother who went on to develop dementia. Goodness I've just realised that it's 35 years since her death but I can still see her winding up ribbons and bits of twine and repeatedly saying you'd miss 'name' when they had escaped the family meal with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
To the tartlet Floridians hope you escape the wrath of Ian (how ironic) stay safe! Fiona was a witch!
They are saying hide from the wind run from the water. A new motto for we Atlantic Canadians need to adopt from our southern neighbours. A new normal!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
He didn't even mention which war.. he got the number of people housed in the Chateau wrong.. he said 3 hundred when from what I read it was thousands. I'm currently reading a book called The Hiding Place a true story by Corrie Ten Boom who tells the story of her and her families treatment for helping many Jews move on to safer habitats... it's heart breaking but the underlying message through out the book is their faith in God and everything is in the hands of a greater power. I'm not sure I could have accepted so much pain and hardship and not questioned why but they trusted that it was meant to be. So when Dan rocks up with this very basic back story on a time in history that should never be forgotten I feel his reasons for resurrecting this ruin falls short in so many ways.
The Hiding Place is a must read. I read it when I was younger, and then reread it a few years ago, and I had forgotten the age Corrie and her sister were when they went into the camp, I always assumed they were younger women, but they were in their early 50s (if I'm remembering correctly) and being that age now myself I cannot imagine working like they did and what they went through.

From what I've read the area of Creuse helped 1000s of people, not necessarily that they were all helped at Dan's Derelict Digs.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.