The Chateau Diaries #183 Stephanie Jarvis will always be a charlatan, rather than a chatelaine, full stop!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because of the Association paperwork we saw, I thought it was Fanny, “the old skin from SA” - can’t recall who said that, but it’s a beauty, and the Argentinian Bully - the 3 people who have signed and been identified on the paperwork.

I’m sure that myriad patrons believe that they belong to a special club, and are “associates” or some such crap. They may as well be wearing Mickey Mouse ears, and absolutely no disrespect to any Tartlette who was a former patron. I was almost sucked in too.
"I was almost sucked in too."
IMO, this why Stephanie Jarvis is so insidious.

We are intelligent, educated, worldly, literate and we are street smart. Yet there are those of us here who have fallen under her sway. It must be remembered that it is never the fault of the person who is conned. The con artist can appear hardworking, articulate, knowledgeable, informed, accomplished and completely plausible - but underneath and to their core, they are devious and greedy in using their charms to seduce and persuade. It is as though their heart is crippled. The most subtle and crafty part of this is that they make their target feel good about being a part of something exciting and momentous - all the while draining them of their money and good will. It's treacherous. I don't know about others, but once my goodwill is gone, it is gone forever. Once the target is drained of that good will, it can open their eyes, but sometimes they can become more suspicious, disillusioned and less likely to indulge in altruism, unless complete transparency is offered and remains at their fingertips.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
"I was almost sucked in too."
IMO, this why Stephanie Jarvis is so insidious.

We are intelligent, educated, worldly, literate and we are street smart. Yet there are those of us here who have fallen under her sway. It must be remembered that it is never the fault of the person who is conned. The con artist can appear hardworking, articulate, knowledgeable, informed, accomplished and completely plausible - but underneath and to their core, they are devious and greedy in using their charms to seduce and persuade. It is as though their heart is crippled. The most subtle and crafty part of this is that they make their target feel good about being a part of something exciting and momentous - all the while draining them of their money and good will. It's treacherous. I don't know about others, but once my goodwill is gone, it is gone forever. Once the target is drained of that good will, it can open their eyes, but sometimes they can become more suspicious, disillusioned and less likely to indulge in altruism, unless complete transparency is offered and remains at their fingertips.
Its also insidious because SJ is a “taker”…not a giver. But she’s somehow managed to trick people to think the opposite. She takes and takes…promises things but doesn’t deliver or follow through. Lives in France and takes advantage of the benefits of French society but doesn’t support it with taxes. Takes gifts from viewers who might get a mention in a vlog. She takes and takes…sucking the money or life out of anyone she touches.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Nice. They never toured DownUnder sadly. :confused:
I saw John Fogerty in concert at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne in 2012 (2013?) Brilliant show! His band is touring Australia next year too. My brother, who is a huge Creedence fan, says he thinks it's a pub tour. He mentioned Fogerty on stage with Angry Anderson.

Theme song for Fanny is Bad Moon Rising. 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Thanks for the clarification. The heart of the matter is the same though, Dan has not been able to afford dental work until now when vlogging has allowed him to trade influencing for the product. I think that is the more likely scenario than him getting a new set of teeth specifically due to having a TV deal and wanting to look nice on the telly.

Crowns or veneers, the bottom line is even the highest quality product does not compare with actual teeth and anyone who gets them needs to be prepared to replace them at least once in their lifetime. He has a full mouth of them so I hope he is aware.

Also, as a side note, you would also be surprised about the abuse of veneers by certain dentists. I have seen some horror stories.

I also have adult braces (Invisalign, it's been amazing). But like Dan, I wasn't able to afford this when I was younger. Luckily my teeth are perfectly healthy, just not aligned. And it was still an expense. The work Dan had to have probably costs more than double that.
Actually if you have a need, braces are free for kids (has to be an orthodontic need, not cosmetic) I had braces as kid, and jaw surgery, in the UK on the nhs as my jaws werent aligned. I was never fully happy with the result though so I got lingual braces a couple of years ago, which i paid for (finally happy with it!).

You are so right though about the long term care!! Buyer beware! I wonder how many people getting these crowns didn't floss, won't floss going forward and will end up with gum disease and receding gumlines around the turkey teeth.

Anyway, we digress haha!

Reactions: 7
I'd say a decent voice is quite necessary to be an opera singer. Having your voice trained does not mean that you are an opera singer. It only means that you can sing in the style of opera. Does SJ have a decent enough voice to get professional work? Has she had many roles in professional productions? I honestly have no idea.
No and no. 😄

I see Dan already has the obligatory postcard of the chateau in it's glory days. I wonder if this was a gift from the pube-squirrel!View attachment 1608186
This is a remarkably ugly building for a chateau. Are we sure Dan didn't just buy the Munster's house?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Next cadeau delivery will be delayed
Ended up in the etang at the end of the runway at Montpellier airport at the weekend. Not submerged or anything just the nose. Has disrupted flights ever since. duck knows what the pilot was up to. Fortunately it was a cargo plane so only a handful of people on board. Furious holiday makers stuck at the airport ever since!

• Wow
  • Sad
Cannot believe he didn’t hold out for a pair. The chances of him finding something similar in height and finish is slim to none. And 1200 euros is bonkers.

I think Billy should just take Fannys statues from her "Chapel" before the whole thing collapses on them. How could Fanny refuse such a kind offer to save such valuable antiques?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I think Billy should just take Fannys statues from her "Chapel" before the whole thing collapses on them. How could Fanny refuse such a kind offer to save such valuable antiques?
if she sells what's in the chapel she could get nice money. probably some extra for architectural ornaments. and then take the thing down, of course.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Is your name by any chance @Isabelle6541 ? If not, I’m sorry, but you should know that using words like ‘team’, ‘we are mapping out’ and ‘going through legalities’ leaves a rather sour taste in many of our mouths. Not saying your concerns aren’t legit, just that you need to be prepared to face a whole lot of negative scepticism. If you are legit, I’m an avid cheerleader, obviously.
Amen to that.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I wouldn’t care as much about her Patreon if she hadn’t set up the Association. But, if she set up the association to avoid paying taxes on $34K per month in revenue, I think her feet need to be held to the fire to fulfill her obligations…which includes sharing the accounts with the Association members. I pay taxes on my income. She’s making over $360K on Patreon tax-free… but she can’t be bothered to do something as simple as share the accounts? That should make everyone furious.
I believe if the association déclaré turns over more €153,000 she is obliged to submit accounts. Maybe someone could access them on société.com or the like. Apparently there are only three members of her association listed. The association is listed in France not on patreon. People on patreon are paying for private YouTube vids and that’s my issue. How can you declare one YouTube income stream and another you put into an association. At the end of every blog she advertises patreon - they are inseparable. Misleading association declaration and tax avoidance are the only way to pee on her fire.

• Heart
Interestingly Saint Nicholas is the patron saint of my current industry. The image on my medallion is rather close to the upper part of his statue.
Saint Nicholas is the patron saint of sailors, merchants, archers, repentant thieves, children, brewers, pawnbrokers, and students in various cities and countries around Europe.

Well who else is having fun guess which industry?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
❤

Good to see you again @RWChatter! Thank you! We helped a few more neighbours put up their hurricane shutters today, and others are calling us freaking out. "Oh my GOD! What are you doing right now?!?" "Um, watching football... <profanity profanity> Pass interference my <profanity>!!! Oh wait, please tell me you are NOT calling me to put up your hurricane shutters. Because I am at zener today." "No, it's about the storm surge- do we need to evacuate to Orlando?" "Um, you've been here like 24 years- and NO- THAT is a bad idea. Everyone from Tampa to St. Pete to here will be doing just that. We won't know anything until tomorrow, so just drink a bottle of wine- and plan to go to Miami or Palm Beach instead in the worst case scenario." SMH- everyone here seems to think I have some party line with the Hurricane Hunters or Jim Cantore is staying in my guest room (he is not). I promised them all that if I had any inkling about a storm surge that would place my sailboat in my living room, I'd let them know. ('Really hope that does NOT happen, but hey, I'll be headed Jules' way to stay at MIL's beach house on the other coast if it does! Chateau Chat with T Rex special guest!)
Looks like it’s heading straight here now!!!

if she sells what's in the chapel she could get nice money. probably some extra for architectural ornaments. and then take the thing down, of course.
Even though it’s consecrated she’s not using it in a kind way

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Not Saint Kathy of Lidl, FKA Queen Kathy dragging her haters for filth again.

I think she is everything.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Thank you. Have been keeping an eye on the weather, it’s not very warm either so as I intend to spend a lot of time exploring different parts of Sydney by ferry I have bought myself a cardigan.😂😂
This is 5 minutes walk from my air bnb apartment and where I catch the ferry from.
Manly! I love Manly, enjoy your holiday and the Wedding. The Manly Ferry is a fun ride too. If the sea is rough stay inside though! I have been on the Ferry and the Captain is telling everyone to get inside and some idiot wants a Titanic moment!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I lived in the Tampa Bay Area all my life until we moved six years ago. All our loved ones are still there. I will be so glad when this hurricane has done it’s thing. Been so stressful being so far away and not being able to help them prepare.
To all in the possible path….stay safe!!!
It’s coming my way now.

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.