The Chateau Diaries #183 Stephanie Jarvis will always be a charlatan, rather than a chatelaine, full stop!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maria does seem sensible, but I wouldn't count on her "getting the hell out of there". She comes back to Lalande, again and again and again. She's one of them, apparently.

Reactions: 12
I'm getting vibes of the film Clue with Tim Curry racing around. A firm family favourite.
I'm going for a Cross between Knives Out and Gosford Park - with snippets of Clue, Rocky Horror, Keeping Mum, Murder by Death and Scary Movie 2 thrown in for good measure. The book could also include a homage to The Pit and the Pendulum in honor of Henri the Ghost. The works of Fred Vargas and Agatha Christie are also an inspiration.

The book will be dedicated to our small corner of Tattle. All ideas welcome.

Reactions: 9
I can only recall seeing those fire exit signs in hotels in France, not in B&Bs such as the HMN.

Reactions: 6

Isabelle is still amongst us - don't worry. She's just another person for the time being. Upon reflection the online schizophrenia is quite amusing.

Reactions: 21
That's even worse. They hold onto it all into their old age until they die and leave so much for their children and loved ones to deal with. You can hoard all your life but I was talking about me.
Im not an extreme horder on TV and I dont want to be one!
Im trying to be proactive. Im just saying old people can take a note to TV hoarders.
NO one.
NO one Is taking anything with them. If anything watching extreme hoarders has taught me a lot . Hoarding doesn't mean extreme Hoarding. It means holding to shit you're never gonna take with you. I don't care who you are. That is the first thing they need to undeerstand.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I am in the UK.
But, have been with my dentist for the past 20 years at least and he is fabulous and as an NHS patient too.
Luckily, if I ever need private treatment, he will do that too, e.g. procelaine crowns, as down the years it appears that I have always ground my teeth at night. He actually admitted to me that he had never had a patient who required crowns when their teeth were so healthy. I would literally wake up and chunks of my molars would be missing scenario!
But, for simple regular check ups, those are always done via the NHS route. Best of both worlds.
Unlike your guy, whenever I do have an emergency, he fits me in immediately the same day. Fortunately for me, treatment on Christmas Eve has never arisen.

not even a peanut

Reactions: 1
Modern day Madame sounds like ma’am to me. It’s a shock when the term is directed your way and realize OMG they are talking to me!

Reactions: 8
when I die Im gonna flip half a peanut to someone's hand but tonight. I'm going to fall asleep to "Nights In Rodanthe". I have spent so many summers on Mirlo Beach SC...This house has already had to be moved

Reactions: 1
I 100% agree with you, absolutely no-one on this earth can take anything with them, end of story!

Reactions: 2
I think it's an honorific even for single ladies of a certain age?
Possibly, I know in English “Mrs” was an honorific for female supervisors in certain positions no matter marital status. I’ve just never come across such in French.

I believe that French feminists have successfully lobbied for legally to abolish the title Mademoiselle, so every female regardless of age and civil status is titled Madame.
But wouldn’t they take Mademoiselle off the forms then?

Reactions: 4
Begins with F and ends with off.! You just made me spit out my wine with laughter.
Yes, I agree, Maria, appears to me to be the only "sane" current inhabitant at the HMN too. She defo needs to get herself out of the HMN and home asap for her own sanity!

I suspect Dan and Gardeners, Amaury and Nic are all paid from Patreon and I bet Fanny gives herself and Phi Phi a salary too
I absolutely agree with you.
BUT, if SJ is doing so, then aren't they employees within her Patreon/Association account? IDK?
Or, are they just self-employed but being paid via her Patreon account?
Therefore, who is really self-employed OR, employed by the HMN?
That Is the real question here in connection with French Employment Laws, isn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I'm dying!!! Could it be the recent photos posted here of the shoddy decorating job she's done in the Loo? I'm suspecting other reported "mistakes" will be corrected....too funny!

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Ok. I'm hooked. Count me in.

Reactions: 7
All those titles are too complimentary of the level the shitto operates at. I'd say it's more akin to an episode of misdommer murders or agetha raison, or something on channel five in the afternoon

Reactions: 5
I'm dying!!! Could it be the recent photos posted here of the shoddy decorating job she's done in the Loo? I'm suspecting other reported "mistakes" will be corrected....too funny!
Looks like she's sat having poo

Reactions: 14
Even describing it as "magnificent" is a stretch. And Fanny never needs to buy soap etc. Complimentary toiletries are supplied by the fans themselves through the gift grab.

Reactions: 8
Possibly, I know in English “Mrs” was an honorific for female supervisors in certain positions no matter marital status. I’ve just never come across such in French.

But wouldn’t they take Mademoiselle off the forms then?
No. Mademoiselle is still there on the forms for all the feminist reforms. Whilst () France is La France those in charge are still very much masculine. France has had a female prime minister, Edith Cresson 1991-1992, this feat was not repeated until this year (30 years later) with Elisabeth Borne. There has never been a female president. Just like the states...

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.