The Chateau Diaries #183 Stephanie Jarvis will always be a charlatan, rather than a chatelaine, full stop!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think I can stomach watching this anymore.
I'm reduced to watching Michael Portillo hiking through the Pyrenees, which sounds a whole lot more interesting than it is. You know, Cathar and other refugees hiding up in there, downed World War Two American pilots smuggled out of Nazi-occupied France trekking their way through with unbelievably courageous French and Pyrenees maquis, Walter Benjamin's mysterious death on the run from Nazis -- or Stalin....
I did not know Portillo is his previous life. In this one, he's a total effing pill. Visions of handsome dark-eyed shepherd/smugglers dancing on the mountaintops, speaking languages no other humans speak, mmmm, not so much.
On to Dogs Behaving Badly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Saying she will do something is not the same as doing. I will never believe she followed through on this promise.
I totally agree. If any followed the Amber Turd/Johnny Depp trial, it’s eerily similar to the other narcissist’s reference that donating/contributing = “just a pledge“ with no real responsibility to actually exchanging cash for the promise.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So I was going to say "Billy if you read here, please lose your best friend... He is annoying as. Hell..... and.makes it.very hard to.watch you. Myself and many others enjoy your vlogs..... Ryan is a Snorty. He will bring you down.". Then I watched the Daily. And Ryan and Billy had such a laugh over the salesperson " who saw them.coming". Along with the antique dealer and owner of the convent..... All of which was stated here. Thanks for the tattle shout out. We get more income everytime we are referenced .on u tube. .... Or I think we do 😂😅😎😇.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I watched from 35:30 at @Linus suggestion, and Mummy's look to Percy said a lot ... and poor Percy, I can just see him thinking, "How the hell did I end up here at the end of my life watching the insufferable little twit cooing over a tiny hedgehog broach?"
How long did that poor old sod have to sit there? There were so many cuts and edits, and it was still 36 minutes long... poor old bugger. He looks worn out. Elder abuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Dan is having no Patreon for his new venture? Yeah like hell! Let's see how long that lasts! And seeing how he's closing down his current Patreon, what's he going to do with all the vlogs he churned out for his paying audience? Delete them completely? Upload them to his regular channel?

A friend of a friend of a friend ran afoul of Patreon rules for his anime channel in Singapore and was given two months by Patreon to close it down over copyright violations and for filming locations without permission. Perhaps Dan is actually being kicked off Patreon? Otherwise, why loose a productive revenue stream when he's taking on renovating a monstrosity? It doesn't make sense.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I watched from 35:30 at @Linus suggestion, and Mummy's look to Percy said a lot ... and poor Percy, I can just see him thinking, "How the hell did I end up here at the end of my life watching the insufferable little twit cooing over a tiny hedgehog broach?"
It was more about the looks the senior pair exchanged when SSB started talking about the "charities".

Reactions: 20
Who says it's a saint? Could have been a statue off a tomb.
It could be French patron Saint Denis, sometimes shown holding a bible, but more often he holds his own lopped off head in his hands. Perhaps Paul of Tarsus or Saint Stephen of Notre Dame? Either way, it's going to have to have come from a sealed vault or church, convent or school and not a tomb. I don't think it could have come from sealed tomb as after the revolution, many were subjected vandalism in the hunt for riches and the condition is far too good for that. And it's not taken from a graveyard as it would have been made of stone - no-one leaves wood exposed to the elements. I expect they'll be able to find out if they ask the right people. In France there's antiquarian experts on practically everything.

So on Ian's funeral day they also painted the tower (guaranteed never to be given a second coat) and also filmed a cadeaux vlog (IJ wearing same clothing). If every day they did this much, the last 16 years would have achieved so much.
So... the same clothes huh? Hmm, not to broken hearted to film the gift grab. Not too upset to delay that. No thought for a quiet day of reflection to honour the memory of Ian Hamilton. Just straight into tearing gifts apart to get a the goodies. Deplorable.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Dan is having no Patreon for his new venture? Yeah like hell! Let's see how long that lasts! And seeing how he's closing down his current Patreon, what's he going to do with all the vlogs he churned out for his paying audience? Delete them completely? Upload them to his regular channel?

A friend of a friend of a friend ran afoul of Patreon rules for his anime channel in Singapore and was given two months by Patreon to close it down over copyright violations and for filming locations without permission. Perhaps Dan is actually being kicked off Patreon? Otherwise, why loose a productive revenue stream when he's taking on renovating a monstrosity? It doesn't make sense.
I don't feel it's that strange for him to discontinue Patreon, actually. I'm reserving complete judgement until I see and understand more, but to divest himself of Patreon means he can go about posting when he wants, not have to worry about justifying his work and not owing anyone - Patrons - a thing. I find it more honest than some of these other YouTubers (shithead Stephanie, for one) who want others to fund their dreams. He can concentrate on what he's there to do, somehow restoring that place. With regard to finances, I think it's pretty clear he's being funded somehow for this - TBD - so his allegiance is to whoever is funding him. Perhaps he feels he can live off the YouTube money alone? If Billy Petherick is any indication, Dan could make living expenses for both himself and his children just on that alone.......and I don't have a problem at all with YouTubers earning money from my watching of their vlogs. If I don't like the content, I just won't watch! He may be doing something later with funding so, again, I'll reserve judgement until I see what's up.

It was more about the looks the senior pair exchanged when SSB started talking about the "charities".
I watched starting at the point you mentioned and caught the tail end of Philip and Stephanie going gah -gah over that POS hedgehog.......SMH
Then, took some screenshots.

At first, Percy was giving the thousand yard stare, with Isabel looking at him. Then she looked away and he looked at her and quickly looked back at him and he gave her one of those (what I call) gratuitous smiles. He looked pretty uncomfortable.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Septic tank playhouse revenge?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Percy painted stair edging in blue then Snorty’s boyfriend painted same spot white. Percy why are you at this freak farm?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I didn't watch last night, I haven't for a long time, but I had to watch this.
It seems to me, according to your writing, that some things have been changed.

It is unfortunate that they are, if they are.
It seems to me:
Tattle writes and edits scripts, and Stephanie makes money!
100%

We need to stop giving that disgusting spawn of Satan and her abusive, but sainted Daddy. We’re labelled haters so maybe ramp that aspect right up.

@Beachgirl Enjoy Oz. The weather in Sydney is a bit miserable atm, but it’s not cold

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ain't that the truth.
I look at some of the vlogs making millions and shake my head in disbelief - how in the world do people like watching this shite?
Idiot families filming their every thought and action................ at least some do vlogs on decorating homes or gardens or DIY stuff.
About YouTube- I’ve been surprised how many kids there are being filmed with playing and games and toys- and they are multi-millionaires/ with the toys being given to them! Well my little grands love to watch some of those/ the little boy Ryan, Diana and Roma, A is for Adley and I can’t think of the others. But anyway- I don’t think those have patreon accounts/ but they are raking in the $$$ on the sponsors/toys. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Who knew the internet would lead to this???
They don’t seem to be in the same category as e-beggars though....

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The Fleuries are so WHOLESOME! In comparison..........???
I don't think I can stomach watching this anymore.
I'm reduced to watching Michael Portillo hiking through the Pyrenees, which sounds a whole lot more interesting than it is. You know, Cathar and other refugees hiding up in there, downed World War Two American pilots smuggled out of Nazi-occupied France trekking their way through with unbelievably courageous French and Pyrenees maquis, Walter Benjamin's mysterious death on the run from Nazis -- or Stalin....
I did not know Portillo is his previous life. In this one, he's a total effing pill. Visions of handsome dark-eyed shepherd/smugglers dancing on the mountaintops, speaking languages no other humans speak, mmmm, not so much.
On to Dogs Behaving Badly.
I cant do it either. Im watching a couple of people hiking the Appalachian Trail.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
What chateaux is this? Name of the channel?

Chateau de Purnon (with the YouTube channel of the same name) - A fully classified 18th Century chateau purchased by couple Tim and Felicity from Melbourne Australia. The building is listed with the French Monuments Historique, with ongoing renovations supported by the French Ministère de la Culture.

Worth watching.

Reactions: 18
It could be French patron Saint Denis, sometimes shown holding a bible, but more often he holds his own lopped off head in his hands. Perhaps Paul of Tarsus or Saint Stephen of Notre Dame? Either way, it's going to have to have come from a sealed vault or church, convent or school and not a tomb. I don't think it could have come from sealed tomb as after the revolution, many were subjected vandalism in the hunt for riches and the condition is far too good for that. And it's not taken from a graveyard as it would have been made of stone - no-one leaves wood exposed to the elements. I expect they'll be able to find out if they ask the right people. In France there's antiquarian experts on practically everything.
Billy opined "St. Nicholas" so I assumed the book he was holding contained a list of who's naughty or nice.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It was also Snorts that tried to smooth things over between Selmar and Natti when all that blew up and when the Elf was treated so badly. I don't think he's cruel either, but he is able to influence Fanny to a great degree and that's scary. He's able to seamlessly fall into line with her manipulations, and that's scary. There's a lot he could do to curb her machinations and he chooses not to and yes, that's scary.

I think this stems from his immaturity, and not through any real desire to be be callous or vicious or wantonly thoughtless (unlike her). He won't do anything to stop her either, because he loves the life he's living. I also believe that he has no idea what a narcissist is, or what danger he's in, or what being in her company is doing to his soul. Being on a tv show is not something he's going to jeopardise because he has ambition beyond being a paid secretary/companion at the HMN, but for now he clings to it and Stephanie in the hopes it will take him further, even if that 'furtherness' is being lord of the manor himself. But for now he's got no idea how to make his ambitions work for him, apart from being her yes man and encouraging her stupidity. Philip is a nobody who is desperately trying to be relevant, even if it is through a failed boy band, stage appearances in unknown theatres and on a lesser known youtube vlog. He believes he's found his momentary calling at lieLande and is yet to realise how shallow and constricting it all is.
Iolair……. I completely agree!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Philip's looking like one of Snow White's dwarfs in that beanie. He must be so relieved now that it's fall and he can hide his hairline under those silly hats for the next six months.

0FAE3CC9-EDCD-4274-A836-6581D7758E9C.jpeg
3363.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.