The Chateau Diaries #182 Nobody likes anybody in Lalande. They play with genitals, drink, food and power

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nope- not quite, but that would be epic, wouldn't it?!? šŸ˜‚

I just watched Kylie Flavell's latest vlog- she is having the worst month ever (she is 9 months along as well), but I love her optimism! It's definitely a real look into the chaos of renovation- no live, laugh, love- I am shocked she did not lose her mind with Guido inviting guests to stay when they live in a renovation disaster, or at the workers who decided to place roadkill into her frigo (and leaked blood all over the chocolate cake she had made for guests.) Or when she was almost electrocuted by the exploding tap in the bath!
Don't feel sorry for her. It is all of their own making. She has a baby on the way with no bedroom, bathroom or nursery and she decides to spend her money and labourer's time on a pool. She's worse than Fanny at grifting, she has Patreon tiers of 800 euros and, listen to this, she offers nothing via it. As in, no additional content. You just...pay her. For nothing. When she lives on the plethora of properties her noblese husband owns via his family.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
VantheMan needs a ā€œRuins Unwrappedā€ channel so we can all send him this gift. Heā€™s going to need a lot of them to keep Dan-ahā€™s party dresses dry!!!!

View attachment 1604305
I got one just like that to keep the straw dry. Maybe he could re-build the walls from straw? Very eco and on trend. Or eggboxes. Got a company round here that builds eco houses from what I refer to as glorified eggboxes. Excellent insulation, apparently.

Reactions: 6
A fool and his money are easily parted.

It's a marketing method which has proven to be succesful. E.g. a supermarket in NL gives 1 sticker per 10 euro. When you fill up xx booklets full of stickers you get a sollingen knife set, or 50% discounted disney tickets. Meanwhile it takes years to fill a booklet.
Shell has lots of campaigns like that in colab with phillips.

This marketing method you apply on shitooverse.
Each month you are a patreon, you'll see your progress of filling your (digital) booklet

So he could start from scratch and there will be contributers because of their desire to stay in a dreamy shattoo, because eventually they can have a "free holiday" or a "discounted" holiday. In due time of course ā˜ŗ
I see that it works quite well. We have fidelity cards in France. All the supermarket ones work pretty much the same - you earn x amount centimes on certain products all year round then bonuses on promotions. But individual shops do their own thing. My hairdresser stamps my card for every visit then after 10 visits I get a discount, this is when I have my meches. Pizza dude in the next village does the same, for every 10 pizzas you get one free. These systems work well if you play the game and shop smart. It works well for return business and, yes, could work quite well with b&b.

Don't feel sorry for her. It is all of their own making. She has a baby on the way with no bedroom, bathroom or nursery and she decides to spend her money and labourer's time on a pool. She's worse than Fanny at grifting, she has Patreon tiers of 800 euros and, listen to this, she offers nothing via it. As in, no additional content. You just...pay her. For nothing. When she lives on the plethora of properties her noblese husband owns via his family.
I used to watch her until I cottoned on to her scam. Her breathy voice was annoying. I don't think life is particularly hard for ms Flavell. Her new husband's family are part of the Florence elite and own numerous properties. Her own Australian family are pretty wealthy in their own right too. I used to be surprised that she never did a link with Nicky Positano when she spent time in Positano but I have no doubt Nicky clocked on to her and steered well clear.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I do my utmost to confuse the YouTube algorithm. It's great fun.
Thatch. Maybe he can use thatch.
From my understanding, Dan has done away with the "dailies" - thank God!
Going forward, (who really knows) from what he said, he will be concentrating on a weekly patreon vlog for only another month - does he mean end of Sept or, Oct? He stated a few weeks ago, only another month until it was closed down, if I remember correctly, didn't he?
Therefore, in the interim a patreon vlog once a week released on Friday, followed by the same vlog openly available via YT on Sunday - one vlog per week, correct? 2 birds with 1 stone scenario!
He has defo learnt from serving at the altar of the ultimate scammer extraordinaire, e.g. Stephanie Jarvis. Re-use, re-cycle with the absolute minimal effort but with the most optimal financial gain!
Well, he is now 35, witnessed and served his YT apprenticeship at the HMN to have gained that "profound" knowledge and business acumen. :D
Will be interesting to watch what comes next.
As @C'est moi has already stated, I too feel that maybe Dan has secured this property via un-euro-symbolique. How else would it be possible for him to do so, unless he has a financial backer? But, at the same time, I imagine that behind that scheme there are numerous Gov restrictions and, much like the UK, possibly, "heritage/listed buildings" regulations to adhere by, or perhaps, something similar. :unsure:
For example, in the UK, much along the lines of imposing a "restrictive covenant" written into the sale/purchase contract. Been there, done that, myself, unfortunately!
Whatever, he defo will not be able to do his usual Brico breeze block construction routine!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I see that it works quite well. We have fidelity cards in France. All the supermarket ones work pretty much the same - you earn x amount centimes on certain products all year round then bonuses on promotions. But individual shops do their own thing. My hairdresser stamps my card for every visit then after 10 visits I get a discount, this is when I have my meches. Pizza dude in the next village does the same, for every 10 pizzas you get one free. These systems work well if you play the game and shop smart. It works well for return business and, yes, could work quite well with b&b.
If it works, don't try to re ivent the wheel improve it and present it. That's my motto

Dan, I expect a shout out at the end of your video šŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Laura Lamps latest video. Rebuilding a house that is timber beamed mostly rotted. With the right smart people and great sense of humor. Love her videos unlike the Shitooo. She gets.things done, explains what she is doing, structural plan no shopping or trips. She is.just getting it done. What a breath of fresh air

• Heart
Reactions: 8
A fool and his money are easily parted.

It's a marketing method which has proven to be succesful. E.g. a supermarket in NL gives 1 sticker per 10 euro. When you fill up xx booklets full of stickers you get a sollingen knife set, or 50% discounted disney tickets. Meanwhile it takes years to fill a booklet.
Shell has lots of campaigns like that in colab with phillips.

This marketing method you apply on shitooverse.
Each month you are a patreon, you'll see your progress of filling your (digital) booklet

So he could start from scratch and there will be contributers because of their desire to stay in a dreamy shattoo, because eventually they can have a "free holiday" or a "discounted" holiday. In due time of course ā˜ŗ
I recently discovered that my son is a patron of 4 YTers in the field of digital printing model making. Vast worldwide arena currently! Costs him Ā£20 pm in total for all 4. And, my son, has also created some extraordinarily fabulous models himself, which he sells easily.
When I have spoken to him about SJ et al. He, like me, is totally disgusted by the lack of "give back" by these "so called" creators! Some are 100% not creators, so why are they even on Patreon, especially in the case of SJ because as we have all witnessed throughout the past 18=24 months, she has created absolutely nothing worthy of her Patrons' financial support?
Each month, my son receives via his patreon accounts, tutorial vlogs, templates, and all kinds of economical money saving/helpful tips etc too. And, has a direct line of contact to those creators if he ever needs to do so too.
Stephanie Jarvis is, and always will be, such a charlatan, rather than any kind of Chatelaine - full stop! :rolleyes:

But how does he do any of this if he needs permission to use the drive up to the property? I still don't fully understand the drive thing.
Sorry, missed that element about permission to use the drive way. Was that in the sale literature? I didn't read it fully because it was in French. :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I donā€™t think Dan wants to finish the pergola. Heā€™s been acting like a guy who gave his notice for a couple months.
That pergola. Aargh.
Itā€™s the same as the scaffolding in the courtyard.
Itā€™s badly designed. The designer should be here to oversee staking out.
The structure will never be self supported. Itā€™s been hours and hours of time to Brico, with Amoury Davey and Dans wages. Endless unnecessary materials and it is just another thing to maintain.
Itā€™s like the plant buying. It doesnā€™t matter as patron are paying.
36 ? blackberry plants. Who does this?
12 hopsā€¦.
When will the bulbs arrive?
Davey has been walked over. He also should have ensured an engineer wa involved with that earth movement behind and around the chapel.
Stephanie claims that area behind the chapel will be self sufficient in water in two years. NONSENSE.
Also what happened to Lewis the garden hand?

Yes queeeeen!!!

Entree: prawn cocktail (10 minute prep)
Chicken breast + veggies (prep 30 min)
Dessert: pie, fig and the medieval fruit dessert (no prep time)

Looking at the menu: don't you think it was a very light dinner? I would have gone hungry after 2 hours. Half a chicken breast, small sized potato, carrots. That's definately not worth 50 euro nor is it filling!

I would love to see a Greek taverna party where they smash the ugly phillipa plates while dancing the Sirtaki!
And so much for using table cloths and china for summer partyā€™s and end up having prawn cocktail out of a cup.
What is the lazy squirrel doing

Reactions: 12
I recently discovered that my son is a patron of 4 YTers in the field of digital printing model making. Vast worldwide arena currently! Costs him Ā£20 pm in total for all 4. And, my son, has also created some extraordinarily fabulous models himself, which he sells easily.
When I have spoken to him about SJ et al. He, like me, is totally disgusted by the lack of "give back" by these "so called" creators! Some are 100% not creators, so why are they even on Patreon, especially in the case of SJ because as we have all witnessed throughout the past 18=24 months, she has created absolutely nothing worthy of her Patrons' financial support?
Each month, my son receives via his patreon accounts, tutorial vlogs, templates, and all kinds of economical money saving/helpful tips etc too. And, has a direct line of contact to those creators if he ever needs to do so too.
Stephanie Jarvis is, and always will be, such a charlatan, rather than any kind of Chatelaine - full stop! :rolleyes:

Sorry, missed that element about permission to use the drive way. Was that in the sale literature? I didn't read it fully because it was in French. :unsure:
I was dismayed to discover that my step-grandson has a Patreon page! No patrons yet. He needs to get a full-time job with benefits instead of e-begging. He illustrates and paints pictures, not to my liking, but I'm sure there are some out there that find his work interesting. His tiers are ridiculously priced. He knows nothing about business, is financially supported by his mother and girlfriend. Needless to say, I'm not thrilled by his lifestyle. I just keep my big mouth shut which is often difficult. So far, he hasn't asked my husband or me for any sponsorship, but the answer would be a resounding NO, get a real job!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
3Dprinting it a technique i find amazing and love to watch! Good way of using patreon btw

• Heart
I was going to contradict you but actually your son is entirely correct. Patrons only get the priveledge of paying her. That's really it. She needs to pull herself together and sort out the gaggle of malingerers she seems to attract. Starting of course with Phillipa who apoears to have reached such a level of uselessness that even she must be able to see it. Hence the snipey remarks she seems to let slip. But let's face it, they're all sniping at each other. Gosh, it must be fun living there! Pity covid struck and IJ was stuck in the beach house
Love her or dislike her, Phillipa would never have been able to get its slippers so firmly parked under SJ 's bed if IJ had been there.

Reactions: 10
SpaceX seemed like a mad idea when Elon Musk started it and ran it at the same time as Tesla and Solar City...but Elon Musk had just sold Paypall and had millions to spend. Even so, he almost went under with all 3. Dreams are nice but you can't build them on smoke and mirrors.
Selmar and Tattyā€¦.. thought it was a good business model for their hair brain schemešŸ™€

• Haha
Billster Petherick given Dan a huge shout out for his Ruin with links in his tonight's vlog and singing his praises

His Library panel he IS NOT going to cut down (unlike Fanny cloaked direct dig I think). P.s. Ryan is back.

Reactions: 12
Stephanie Jarvis is, and always will be, just a charlatan, rather than any kind of bone-fide Chatelaine - full stop!

Hi @ComtesseRose . I know I said previously that I wasn't bothered, but, if it is in any way possible, and if no other suggestions are forthcoming, could the above be considered for next thread title? Absolutely no problem if not.
Just asking for a friend! :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
That pergola. Aargh.
Itā€™s the same as the scaffolding in the courtyard.
Itā€™s badly designed. The designer should be here to oversee staking out.
The structure will never be self supported. Itā€™s been hours and hours of time to Brico, with Amoury Davey and Dans wages. Endless unnecessary materials and it is just another thing to maintain.
Itā€™s like the plant buying. It doesnā€™t matter as patron are paying.
36 ? blackberry plants. Who does this?
12 hopsā€¦.
When will the bulbs arrive?
Davey has been walked over. He also should have ensured an engineer wa involved with that earth movement behind and around the chapel.
Stephanie claims that area behind the chapel will be self sufficient in water in two years. NONSENSE.
Also what happened to Lewis the garden hand?

And so much for using table cloths and china for summer partyā€™s and end up having prawn cocktail out of a cup.
What is the lazy squirrel doing
Lazy Squirrel ran out of ideas. Table settings are so arduous to visualise then implement that he became tired and had to lie down.

Does anyone know why the pergola work stopped??????
Boredom?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Stephanie Jarvis is, and always will be, such a charlatan, rather than any kind of Chatelaine - full stop!

Hi @ComtesseRose Rose. If possible, could the above be a thread
3Dprinting it a technique i find amazing and love to watch! Good way of using patreon btw
Absolutely 100% agree, and imho, I am so happy that my son is supporting those creators but at the same time is helping himself to develop his own skills too. Win-win situation!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.