The Chateau Diaries #182 Nobody likes anybody in Lalande. They play with genitals, drink, food and power

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
College funds? An average public university in France costs €170 per year for a Bachelor's degree. The cost per annum for sitting a Masters is €243. A PhD will set you back €380 per year. A contrast to this, and in France it's considered expensive, an engineering school averages out at about €600 per year per student. A drivers licence will cost €1.300 for the test itself, with online interactive tuition costing anywhere from €20 to €150 per session, and takes about 20 hours. On road lessons come in at anywhere between €30 per session and €70 per hour depending on the driving school. More is charged in Paris where, despite the manic traffic and all evidence to the contrary, everyone takes the Metro. University fees are not that expensive when compared to, for example the USA, where the cost of a degree is many thousands of dollars and will lug the student with a lifetime of crippling debt. I have an archaeological colleague in the USA and she's struggling with a Masters in anthropology where her college fees are $485,000, whereas I've got a French colleague in the same position who's fees are €972.00 and their course work is practically the same.
University is free in Germany too except some minor fees. But when you can't stay at your parents place there are still costs to consider. I paid for my niece and in the end of the day it was like a 1000 euro per month, some even more. There are expensive books to be bought, costs for laboratory, travel expenses to visit us, insurance, food, excursions, internships, a new notebook, etc. I certainly didn't spoil her and she lived most of the time in a student hostel. She worked a bit but she had a tight schedule so she basically could only earn her pocket money.
But sure it's not such a burden like in USA but they are costs to consider especially with 2 kids in similar age. I am already budgeting for it and I have another 4 years to go, but you never know what can happen and I don't wanna jeopardise my kids education.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I am glad you are okay. I was in Japan (8th floor flat) just outside of Tokyo (Tachikawa) during the Tohoku earthquake in 2011- pretty scary time. My building actually groaned- we had a few quakes that had led up to the big one, but nothing like that. My saltwater fish tank was literally sloshing over, and I can laugh about it now- Mr. T Rex, "We need to go downstairs now! Grab your purse!" "But my fish!!!" Those clownfish could have cared less! I think the worst part was the aftershocks ("Was THAT really the big one?!?") and not knowing whether we'd be radiated from Fukushima. At least you know when a hurricane is coming- earthquakes are the worst! I still have the JMA app on my phone, and get the "Earthquake is coming!" alerts.
I was in Japan, up North when the Okushiri earthquake and Tsunami hit. I lived right on the coast in a fishing village. When it kept going and got stronger I got up and thought of my earthquake training NZ stylez. I looked at the door frames to stand under, they were all sliding doors and not very strong looking, then I looked at the table to get under - a foot high and I wouldn't have got under it; so I stood in the middle of the room panicking. Then it stopped and every TV channel flashed red around the northen coastline and the English sub channel was saying in rotation: If you live in the following areas move to higher ground now! I was like, oooooh that's me!!!! The village ended up by my house which was up a hill a bit. Everyone waited for the all clear. On the news, people had gone down to the sea wall to watch the Tsunami........................ at school the next day I said that with an incredulous voice, and some of the teachers confessed they had done that to video it. Luckily we only had a 2 metre swell. The island off the coast of Hokkaido had 30 metre swells but most of the people who died actually burned in the fires that the earthquake started. It was winter and everyone uses propane and lives in wooden houses in rural areas.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
He also says "During the wars it was a refuge for all the children who suffered from the Holocaust." He says "during" when he means after, and "wars" as though he's unaware which war involved the Holocaust. Just so ignorant. I'm betting he had to look up Coco Chanel too and knew nothing about her except her perfumes and would be surprised to learn that history never records her hiding 300 children from her Nazi lover "during" WW2, or that she was blatantly antisemitic.

I love the part where he points are the burnt out remnants of the staircase, collapsed, overgrown and rotten and says "The stuff! The stuff! That must be under here!" And you just know the only thing under there is going to be a wasps nest.

Does anyone know where le Breux Chaumont is? I want to get on Ebay and snap up all the vintage postcards before Philip does.
Where is everyone watching Dan's vlog at? I thought he said it was coming out on Sunday?
s

Reactions: 4
College funds? An average public university in France costs €170 per year for a Bachelor's degree. The cost per annum for sitting a Masters is €243. A PhD will set you back €380 per year. A contrast to this, and in France it's considered expensive, an engineering school averages out at about €600 per year per student. A drivers licence will cost €1.300 for the test itself, with online interactive tuition costing anywhere from €20 to €150 per session, and takes about 20 hours. On road lessons come in at anywhere between €30 per session and €70 per hour depending on the driving school. More is charged in Paris where, despite the manic traffic and all evidence to the contrary, everyone takes the Metro. University fees are not that expensive when compared to, for example the USA, where the cost of a degree is many thousands of dollars and will lug the student with a lifetime of crippling debt. I have an archaeological colleague in the USA and she's struggling with a Masters in anthropology where her college fees are $485,000, whereas I've got a French colleague in the same position who's fees are €972.00 and their course work is practically the same.
In the comments are responses to Isabel’s ‘stop the Americanisms here ‘eg the high five…they are saying you like us really , and our money etc…. Why was that statement not edited out!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
that midnight disneyland parade...it was nice ..all the lights...but that song they played over and over again...haunted me for months... :eek: i could not get it out of my head...
At least you didn't have to spend 2 hours in the dark star wars souvenirs shop while outside was the most beautiful weather...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm of 2 minds when it comes to Dan's adventure.
1. I hope it works for him. If he has the drive, project management, the correct people in place as it isn't a do it yourself job, the financial backing (that he is transparent about) and follows through (Dan, I repeat, follow through and finish) - if this is your dream, then do it.
2. The other part - are you out of your freaking mind?!?!?! the boys, we really haven't seen you plan or follow through with any of your projects. It is the little things left undone that are annoying. Did you get the ceiling in the house done that you were working on when Annalise and the boys were on holiday? Is the laundry room done? The wires hidden? And for heavens sake, you are putting the new entrance on a downhill part of the drive - how are you handling water run off so it doesn't go in the house?

I think Billy is an investor in this project. If he is, that is a major FU to Fanny. That will tell you how badly she messed with Michael. I know with my family, and many others, you mess with one, you deal with all. But Dan had to be comfortable going with Billy as well. This will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

But at least all of the balconies at Dan's new place are the same color. And since it is a total rebuild, the furnace and electrics would be up to standard (esp if Billy is a backer).

For Fanny - I can no longer watch the videos. There is no value add to my life. I know none of chateauverse really does add value but it is an escape and is a reminder to me the world is a big place with so much beauty, history, variety of people, etc. On some of their trips they take, I never knew what France looked outside Paris or the more touristy areas you see pictures of.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
the peacockgrifters still have a spare caravan i suspect 🙄 :LOL: now that mum and whats his name moved in the barn?..oh no i forgot...they need their caravans for the volunteers...

i agree...those longhouses you mean? about 6 months..to 9....when you plan well in advance...we had a renovation about 12 years ago for one of the cottages...wasnt touched since the sixties...it was finished in a month...but that was during the moneycrisis..when builders had nothing to do...and they were glad they could come to work..
In the comments are responses to Isabel’s ‘stop the Americanisms here ‘eg the high five…they are saying you like us really , and our money etc…. Why was that statement not edited out!
It was the funniest bit I suppose

I definitely think Billy Petherick is involved in some way with Dan's Crapeau Chateau.

Billy has the money to invest, he has the renovation skills and he owns a helluva lot of building equipment.

Also, on his daily vlog today he talks about a big surprise in his Sunday vlog, with someone we all know. Who could that be?

I think on Sunday we'll see him and Dan teaming up to renovate this crappy building.

More money than sense.
It's probably Ryan returning again, can't watch him at all, ever, never!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
This makes a lot of sense ... and explains Billy's "I know what's coming" comment on Dan's vlog.
I have a feeling Dans probably has and will have a lot of question for Billy and thats about it. Billy has enough of his own going on at least for now.

At least you didn't have to spend 2 hours in the dark star wars souvenirs shop while outside was the most beautiful weather...
no.. not a fan of star wars.. ;) is there a star wars shop?

no.. not a fan of star wars.. ;) is there a star wars shop?
I'm of 2 minds when it comes to Dan's adventure.
1. I hope it works for him. If he has the drive, project management, the correct people in place as it isn't a do it yourself job, the financial backing (that he is transparent about) and follows through (Dan, I repeat, follow through and finish) - if this is your dream, then do it.
2. The other part - are you out of your freaking mind?!?!?! the boys, we really haven't seen you plan or follow through with any of your projects. It is the little things left undone that are annoying. Did you get the ceiling in the house done that you were working on when Annalise and the boys were on holiday? Is the laundry room done? The wires hidden? And for heavens sake, you are putting the new entrance on a downhill part of the drive - how are you handling water run off so it doesn't go in the house?

I think Billy is an investor in this project. If he is, that is a major FU to Fanny. That will tell you how badly she messed with Michael. I know with my family, and many others, you mess with one, you deal with all. But Dan had to be comfortable going with Billy as well. This will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

But at least all of the balconies at Dan's new place are the same color. And since it is a total rebuild, the furnace and electrics would be up to standard (esp if Billy is a backer).

For Fanny - I can no longer watch the videos. There is no value add to my life. I know none of chateauverse really does add value but it is an escape and is a reminder to me the world is a big place with so much beauty, history, variety of people, etc. On some of their trips they take, I never knew what France looked outside Paris or the more touristy areas you see pictures of.
i agree with you...Fanny has lost so many opportunities to make her vlog really entertaining and lovable...but she is a narcist with too much money on her hands..gifted to her by her cultfollowers...really sad..

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I was in Japan, up North when the Okushiri earthquake and Tsunami hit. I lived right on the coast in a fishing village. When it kept going and got stronger I got up and thought of my earthquake training NZ stylez. I looked at the door frames to stand under, they were all sliding doors and not very strong looking, then I looked at the table to get under - a foot high and I wouldn't have got under it; so I stood in the middle of the room panicking. Then it stopped and every TV channel flashed red around the northen coastline and the English sub channel was saying in rotation: If you live in the following areas move to higher ground now! I was like, oooooh that's me!!!! The village ended up by my house which was up a hill a bit. Everyone waited for the all clear. On the news, people had gone down to the sea wall to watch the Tsunami........................ at school the next day I said that with an incredulous voice, and some of the teachers confessed they had done that to video it. Luckily we only had a 2 metre swell. The island off the coast of Hokkaido had 30 metre swells but most of the people who died actually burned in the fires that the earthquake started. It was winter and everyone uses propane and lives in wooden houses in rural areas.
I have been to Okushiri a few times- which is not a big island, and there is only one flight per day from Hokodate. It is one of my favorite places on earth because there aren't many tourists, it is beautiful, and the seafood is incredible. The tsunami was pretty significant to the locals, and they are still scarred by it. Here are some pictures I took at the Okushiri Tsunami Memorial Museum:

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Sense Its has all that history. I wonder if he can get some grants or other funding.

Billster has enough on besides it is Gwen with the $$$.
I don't see that connection happening at all apart from Billy watching Dans and Dan Billys vlogs exchanging the odd suggestion / idea.
Dan needs Fairygodparents and Stephs top tier Patreons to cough up to get into dizzy heights of money streaming in as he will require some DEEP pockets for the ruin he has got hanging around his neck.

Reactions: 10
And unlike Sissinghurst, Disney will not go quietly into that good night!🤣 They like to publicize their prosecutions to discourage others!
So I guess Snorts won’t be able to show his purchase at the Disney gift shop without risking prosecution 😢 😆

7A5818DB-BAB7-4F26-AAA4-8A9C7338D5C6.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Oh, yes there is... You have to pass it when finished with the ride. They probably believe when you're dizzy you won't realise how expensive it is
i have been there only once...when it was open for three months..in 1992...once was quite enough...i think i went into 4 attractions...waited for hours...and paid more than 15 euros for a bad hamburger and a louzy coke...by then i had it.. 🙄 never ever again..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Hope Dan had Solicitor check his Deeds for Rights of Way if it is true he does not own the grounds around his ruin or he may end up like this woman.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.