The Chateau Diaries #182 Nobody likes anybody in Lalande. They play with genitals, drink, food and power

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe there are subsidies or grants available? With that wreck he's a good candidate for Château DIY maybe knocking lalande out of the show!! But, it'll be grifting to pay for his investment.
Would still like to.know what he paid for it. And what the yearly taxes are? I have to put aside 300.00 a month just for taxes. Interested to know where.the money is coming from. Did Amore bankroll him?

Reactions: 13
Is this the chateau he tried to by with that dodgy crowdfunding thing a few years back?
Why do I feel a kit house from a catalog would be more suitable for him? I just do not get it, is he taking drugs? Is this what 5min with Stephanie make you do? At least Analiese I ssafe from his stupid decisions.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Dan the Man: “This project has been in the works for more than two years. Sorry I didn’t tell you guys”.
Oh, Dan, you shouldn’t sell yourself short! You did so much more than that: you took a page out of your former employer’s playbook of pretending and took it to a whole other level. You pretended to prefer ratio over dreaming, pretended to have abandoned the concept of crowdfunding, pretended to be a family man with a focus on getting the family home livable after years of hardship, you have put your kids front stage again and again to ensure more donations coming your way, donations you often used on yourself, but foremost: you created a narrative for yourself that you could believe in AND sell to others as if it was true.
All the while though it must be eating away at you that the mother of your children will always be the true hero of that same story, because she’s the one protecting the boy’s interest while you live the fake fairytale.
But... but... he is one of the cool kids now... finally!

When caring about a buildings future become more important than your own children's well being now and in the future? Is that to try to hide the fact that you (like the rest of the chateau airheads —except maybe The Fleuries) cannot afford to live in your own home country? Is that where the delusion of grandeur comes from? A parent doesn't buy what is the definition of a proper ruin for 'his children's future'. There seems to be more things wrong in that head of his than his teeth. It is not about money, but time and the quality of it. Keep basking at all the attention for being so mad! Dan. Mad is one thing, plain stupid is quite another.

Hoping Annalise has found a good man with good head on his shoulders.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Would still like to.know what he paid for it. And what the yearly taxes are? I have to put aside 300.00 a month just for taxes. Interested to know where.the money is coming from. Did Amore bankroll him?
I see you've been at the martinis...bit early?? Taxes? Running expenses? Dan can't afford to clutter his mind with 'that stuff'. Dan is in renovation mode, expenses are for adults to deal with.
Amore couldn't bankroll anyone unless the bank of mum and dad are close by. I doubt that he would be in the middle of the French bush, attached to a lunatic Argentinian, his deranged cuz and her ...I don't know how to describe Phillipa, if he could bankroll himself anywhere. I have a sneaky feeling that armoire and Dan might have wangled a TV deal together. Just a hunch😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I find the idea of Dan not owning the driveway to his ruin hilarious. Imagine having to get permission for all the equipment and deliveries.
Sounds like the plot of “Mr Blandings builds his Dream House”. They buy a money pit in CT and have to negotiate with the grumpy neighbour to use the driveway hilarity ensues I may have to rewatch the movie or subscribe to “Mr Teef destroys an historic property”

Simon Cowell set the trend 🤣
No my father set that trend🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I think Dan has been watching Martijn Doolard in his spare time. I wish him well, truly. Surround yourself with good people & don't be an asshole or steal from unsuspecting patrons.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
How is Dan going to co-parent an one hour & 15 min away and more importantly to him how close is the nearest Brico for daily visits ?

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Long houses with cash behind you and workmen in place 6-9 months per gite. Do you seriously think the Fleurie's are getting £100k a month that is crazy. Their B and B rooms are over priced to be honest. I don't think the Fleurie's have as many patrons as Fanny but they probably have more ad revenue and more sponsorships. Their rooms will naturally not be as busy when Chateau DIY ends and when people move on from the Chateauverse but by that time they will probably have finished the house.
If I'm not mistaken, the Fleurie's let out rooms all week throughout the season. Additionally, they live right on the coast of Normandy (instead of the middle of nowhere) so rent is much higher for tourist activity near the ocean and historical locations. Between the weekly rent of four rooms combined with sponsorships of upwards of $10,000, I think they are making much more a month. They are shrewd business people.
They are a bit boring at times, but they seem honest and do not live an extravagant lifestyle from the Patreon funds they receive.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Dan the Man: “This project has been in the works for more than two years. Sorry I didn’t tell you guys”.
Oh, Dan, you shouldn’t sell yourself short! You did so much more than that: you took a page out of your former employer’s playbook of pretending and took it to a whole other level. You pretended to prefer ratio over dreaming, pretended to have abandoned the concept of crowdfunding, pretended to be a family man with a focus on getting the family home livable after years of hardship, you have put your kids front stage again and again to ensure more donations coming your way, donations you often used on yourself, but foremost: you created a narrative for yourself that you could believe in AND sell to others as if it was true.
All the while though it must be eating away at you that the mother of your children will always be the true hero of that same story, because she’s the one protecting the boy’s interest while you live the fake fairytale.
@Clara Burnett Was there reasoning behind your decision not to share this info? Did only a small number of people know about it maybe?

Reactions: 17
How is Dan going to co-parent an one hour & 15 min away and more importantly to him how close is the nearest Brico for daily visits ?
Squeaky??? 🥴
Hey watch it now!!!
Suthern Belle here...
I mean Suthern Lurker!!
😮🤣🤦🏼‍♀️
I imagine he’ll stay at his grandfather’s for visits with boys, you have to have a safe environment for visits, it will be a hell of commute back and forth to the “ruin” maybe he’ll tent or borrow a camper 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 9
What a mammoth project. It will take a slew of workers to make that place habitable.
Dan will still be working on his ruin when his boys are finished with school!
It will be interesting to watch and see his progress. I will go in with an open mind until he has posted a few videos with more information.

Fanny and Selmar are on the thumbnail. How low can she go?
She is really trying anything to generate more subs and views.
Too bad SJ does not take the advice to ditch her 26-year-old and stop with the deceit.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Maybe there are subsidies or grants available? With that wreck he's a good candidate for Château DIY maybe knocking lalande out of the show!! But, it'll be grifting to pay for his investment.
I hope that Dan looks into any possible subsidies/grants that are available. Employ a local architect who knows the region and the community - hell, there are 200,000 local inhabitants. Some may even still be alive so Dan could interview them about what they remember.
I personally don't see that gaining exposure via "whatever" media as grifting per se, if you are delivering on your original promises and delivering the goods, i.e. restoration/renovation etc. Grifting to me, is promising something at the outset with no intention of delivering or, simply just intending to scam others for personal financial gain, e.g. as SJ has always done and obviously continues to do!
Also, after reading the Chateau's history that @graciemckitten kindly posted. I imagine that any of the WWII Jewish survivors who actually stayed there and/or, perhaps their families, would perhaps be willing to donate to an "official" restoration fund. Speak to the local Mayor/historical society Dan, I defo would in order to set it up properly 100% demonstrating integrity and total transparency.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Ah Je bent een man naar mijn hart! Evil minds think a like if you ever decide to pull a queen phillipa and decide you are bi sexual, i'm your woman!🤣

I secretly hope that all the Hanni ross' who believed the i'm poor outcry from SJ who have since left her, will walk over to Dan.

The key is he has to be very open about his finances. His next video definately should be a longer one where he goes into detail about everything you stated above! Fanny thinks she'll get away with anything, eventually it will come and bite her in the ass. It's just waiting for that one channel. It's not the fleuries. Although they have surpassed fanny in subscribers, they are certainly not open about accounts, nor is it lively channel. Their end game is to turn the longhouses into gites, have a swimming pool and live off the gites. If we mirror SJ's patreon numbers, fleuries make 70k a month! A stay at their B&b? 330 euro a night! 4 video's a month$10k + sponsors 3000
Fleuries make nearly 100k a month on average. During the summer.
You as the expert of tattler on historical buildings and cost & time frame of things done in large format, whould it have taken you 6 months to do a kitchen? What is your guesstimate to turn the longhouses into gites time wise and considering you'll have 83k at your disposable?
i quit watching the fleuries...that kitchenreno took way too long...its just filling vlogs..nothing else..

Are they charging 330 euros a night?? omg.. :eek:

i wouldnt even start on those loghouses...just built new in the same style...much better.. with those kind of rotten buildings you know where to start but never where it ends..everything needs doing...so it will be new anyway...better start new from scratch...you will be finished quicker and it would be much cheaper..i also think the costs will be enormous..investmentwise not good...but when you get free money rolling in...anything is possible...

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I imagine he’ll stay at his grandfather’s for visits with boys, you have to have a safe environment for visits, it will be a hell of commute back and forth to the “ruin” maybe he’ll tent or borrow a camper 🤦‍♀️
I heard Selmars camper will be available 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I find the idea of Dan not owning the driveway to his ruin hilarious. Imagine having to get permission for all the equipment and deliveries.
Did I miss something? When was this revelation made known?..What if he never gets permission? Will he have to hire air sea rescue and drop stuff in, avoiding the drive? :unsure:🙈

I see you've been at the martinis...bit early?? Taxes? Running expenses? Dan can't afford to clutter his mind with 'that stuff'. Dan is in renovation mode, expenses are for adults to deal with.
Amore couldn't bankroll anyone unless the bank of mum and dad are close by. I doubt that he would be in the middle of the French bush, attached to a lunatic Argentinian, his deranged cuz and her ...I don't know how to describe Phillipa, if he could bankroll himself anywhere. I have a sneaky feeling that armoire and Dan might have wangled a TV deal together. Just a hunch😂
I can't wait to see how this little nugget will be received by the viewers... G & T at the ready.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.