The Chateau Diaries #182 Nobody likes anybody in Lalande. They play with genitals, drink, food and power

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did I miss something? When was this revelation made known?..What if he never gets permission? Will he have to hire air sea rescue and drop stuff in, avoiding the drive? :unsure:🙈
I doubt you could sell a property without giving it a right of access along the drive at least.
I'm giving Dan the benefit of the doubt here. I'm going to keep an open mind. Not so open that my brains fall out. My mind is ajar.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
i quit watching the fleuries...that kitchenreno took way too long...its just filling vlogs..nothing else..

Are they charging 330 euros a night?? omg.. :eek:

i wouldnt even start on those loghouses...just built new in the same style...much better.. with those kind of rotten buildings you know where to start but never where it ends..everything needs doing...so it will be new anyway...better start new from scratch...you will be finished quicker and it would be much cheaper..i also think the costs will be enormous..investmentwise not good...but when you get free money rolling in...anything is possible...
There you have it, kitchen reno took too long!

Yes dear, 330 for a night with a minimum of 2 nights :)

There was something historically 'significant' about the long house. The exposed beams outside I believe. If anyone knows, please fill in.
How long would it take you to restore 1 gite (1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen/living area) which is in that state? Money not being a problem at all.
@Just Grift Wood estimated at 6 to 9 months

Reactions: 11
It isn't Art Deco it is early 1800's he confused his 19th Century with 20th Century- bodes well for a sympathetic restoration ha ha Oh Dan it's all in the detail. He probably thinks what is a 100 years between friends
by looking at the building i also think its end 19 th or early 20th century...

Reactions: 15
I see you've been at the martinis...bit early?? Taxes? Running expenses? Dan can't afford to clutter his mind with 'that stuff'. Dan is in renovation mode, expenses are for adults to deal with.
Amore couldn't bankroll anyone unless the bank of mum and dad are close by. I doubt that he would be in the middle of the French bush, attached to a lunatic Argentinian, his deranged cuz and her ...I don't know how to describe Phillipa, if he could bankroll himself anywhere. I have a sneaky feeling that armoire and Dan might have wangled a TV deal together. Just a hunch😂
It would be wine not martinis. And whatever was I thinking like a grownup for? Silly me. Back to Narnia I go.

• Haha
I’m still on page 39 of the last thread but can’t wait to catch up and see your comments after last night’s spectacle. 😆 🧛‍♂️

Also, a side note, I mentioned how much Fannys tissue box cover cost during the Framlington Mummies home flog and one of you linked a tissue box cover costing £150ish from a shop in Stow-on -the-Wold in the Cotswolds. Possibly @MRShavershamsdress or @Just Grift Wood?? Anyways with my fellow Tattlers in mind I went in said shop this week and took a photo of my husband holding the expensive item for your viewing pleasure 😁

F7AC72DE-09D1-424B-9986-6E2071B6ECE1.jpeg

39A5D2F0-D0AE-4FA8-944C-7A4AC3D093A5.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
I’m lost for words on how stupid Dan is. 🤷‍♀️😳🤪
If you're going to tell the story behind a building then at least do your homework and get the facts right. A dicitionary may be useful too, as the use of terminology eg 'Blows my mind' or Unreal is not the most descriptive of phrases. One thing SJ does is tell a story, they may not always be factual, well usually they're not but she is articulate so can at least it make it sound feasable.Obviously Tattlers are onto this but for the besotted cult it must be right because she said so. Right? :unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 14
i agree with you...he can pull it off if he keeps open about finances...but he should have talked about this in this vlog already...its a missed opportunity..He should have told how he bought it..for what price...what the follow up is...i dont think he will be open about things...he has seen that keeping the accounts hidden also didnt harm Fanny Flash...

I also think he needs to get other viewers in...not those lunatics that follow Fanny...

He could also work with schools...giving young people an opportunity to learn the skill on site..

Sell shares in the place...so people who put money in...become part owners...this will secure the future too..Once it is finished..it also needs to be maintained and lived in..earing money for its upkeep..lucky its not a huge place..but that can also create a problem...when a lott of owners want to come and stay..

My imagination is running wild...i will watch it and see ..its not the best time to get money in you know...the whole world suffors from prices going up..inflation...and i think we end up with another depression..

And another thing...i think he is trying to get Fannies patreons to jump over...the one that really want to see progress and restoration....he in a way is trying to demolish her channel... ;) i wonder if Fanny is making a shout out for Dans plans...
I’m still lost for words at buying a wreck at the start of a recession.

Attachments

• Heart
i agree with you...he can pull it off if he keeps open about finances...but he should have talked about this in this vlog already...its a missed opportunity..He should have told how he bought it..for what price...what the follow up is...i dont think he will be open about things...he has seen that keeping the accounts hidden also didnt harm Fanny Flash...

I also think he needs to get other viewers in...not those lunatics that follow Fanny...

He could also work with schools...giving young people an opportunity to learn the skill on site..

Sell shares in the place...so people who put money in...become part owners...this will secure the future too..Once it is finished..it also needs to be maintained and lived in..earing money for its upkeep..lucky its not a huge place..but that can also create a problem...when a lott of owners want to come and stay..

My imagination is running wild...i will watch it and see ..its not the best time to get money in you know...the whole world suffors from prices going up..inflation...and i think we end up with another depression..

And another thing...i think he is trying to get Fannies patreons to jump over...the one that really want to see progress and restoration....he in a way is trying to demolish her channel... ;) i wonder if Fanny is making a shout out for Dans plans...
I absolutely love it. Even perhaps, buy a brick/building materials type shareholding, rather than ultimate ownership scenario?
He could have Nic the tree man clear an area in the grounds as a campsite for visiting young people/schools, volunteers and families of those that were there during WWII - maybe even part of their European gap years for some?
Or much like most UK schools do, a fieldtrip that my son once did - came home looking like he hadn't washed for the entire week but enjoyed it immensely. I even had to scourer his legs to remove the built up dirt! :D
Lots of community colleges would love the opportunity for their building/landscaping/horticulture students to work on such a project - it happens in many historical buildings in the UK - why not France? I would have jumped at doing so when I was studying.
Obviously, firstly Dan would need to install a campsite type bathroom block, initially will have to spend money, but longer term would make absolute sense.

I absolutely love it. Even perhaps, buy a brick/building materials type shareholding, rather than ultimate ownership scenario?
He could have Nic the tree man clear an area in the grounds as a campsite for visiting young people/schools, volunteers and families of those that were there during WWII - maybe even part of their European gap years for some?
Or much like most UK schools do, a fieldtrip that my son once did - came home looking like he hadn't washed for the entire week but enjoyed it immensely. I even had to scourer his legs to remove the built up dirt! :D
Lots of community colleges would love the opportunity for their building/landscaping/horticulture students to work on such a project - it happens in many historical buildings in the UK - why not France? I would have jumped at doing so when I was studying.
Obviously, firstly Dan would need to install a campsite type bathroom block, initially will have to spend money, but longer term would make absolute sense.
Good thinking however reverse it, he needs to find out first if french/uk/dutch/belgian/german schools would be interested in such a trip, then find out about the average size of a group like that, and what can be charged per student and if the schools would return the next year. And how many of these field trips he is willing and can take on board per year. Calculate the income - cost = profit. If the profit is generous enough ( 20k a year won't cut it) He should go for it!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
If you're going to tell the story behind a building then at least do your homework and get the facts right. A dicitionary may be useful too, as the use of terminology eg 'Blows my mind' or Unreal is not the most descriptive of phrases. One thing SJ does is tell a story, they may not always be factual, well usually they're not but she is articulate so can at least it make it sound feasable.Obviously Tattlers are onto this but for the besotted cult it must be right because she said so. Right? :unsure:
Ah Je bent een man naar mijn hart! Evil minds think a like if you ever decide to pull a queen phillipa and decide you are bi sexual, i'm your woman!🤣

I secretly hope that all the Hanni ross' who believed the i'm poor outcry from SJ who have since left her, will walk over to Dan.

The key is he has to be very open about his finances. His next video definately should be a longer one where he goes into detail about everything you stated above! Fanny thinks she'll get away with anything, eventually it will come and bite her in the ass. It's just waiting for that one channel. It's not the fleuries. Although they have surpassed fanny in subscribers, they are certainly not open about accounts, nor is it lively channel. Their end game is to turn the longhouses into gites, have a swimming pool and live off the gites. If we mirror SJ's patreon numbers, fleuries make 70k a month! A stay at their B&b? 330 euro a night! 4 video's a month$10k + sponsors 3000
Fleuries make nearly 100k a month on average. During the summer.
You as the expert of tattler on historical buildings and cost & time frame of things done in large format, whould it have taken you 6 months to do a kitchen? What is your guesstimate to turn the longhouses into gites time wise and considering you'll have 83k at your disposable?
The gites. Far too long is my guess, just for drawn out, prolonged exposure via their 15 min weekly vlogs and, of course, resultant YT/ad revenue! The Fleuries have truly learnt from the all time master of procrastination, i.e. Stephanie Jarvis.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
21772A95-7E8C-4C8E-9018-74E8970BA607.jpeg
9EBC76E8-B736-4EC5-944D-9440EE19D0FF.jpeg

Welcome to villa Dan the man. I vote he keep it as a tree house effect just add a slide. Go back to Annaliese and beg her to let you fix up and live in the barn or family tent you just had to buy. At least the not rooftop terrace had a roof. If you ever get a friend maybe they will help you restore the old car you also planned to fix up but left incomplete in the shed. Adulting is hard get a job with consistent pay. Never stop dreaming but be able to pay the light bill on time! Ask Ollie he’s either gonna lose his wife or stroke out soon.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
When was this retrograte for tarlets over? I'm bored out my mind staying home to the point that I have spent half the day on tattle!

• Haha
I am glad that the building will be saved. But I wonder if Dan is the right guy for the job?
As long as there are no inspections, architects, engineers, construction professionals of any kind or common sense, then yes, Dan is the right guy.

WTF, really? There’s no way Dan can do this. Everything he touches is half assed and backwards. He doesn’t have much money. Look what he’s done to his own house & Lalande. Dan’s buddies are only that buddies, not a consistent source of free labor. But, I know a tree guy. I know a very slow finish carpenter. I know someone that my bleep ex boss uses as a fireplace guy. I know a guy with a construction background that moved back to the UK. Dan is lots of big talk and dumb ideas. Can’t wait to see his little kids running around the construction site unattended. Oh wait, they will never see the place or much of Dan again. Daddy’s got a new baby.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
As long as there are no inspections, architects, engineers, construction professionals of any kind or common sense, then yes, Dan is the right guy.

WTF, really? There’s no way Dan can do this. Everything he touches is half assed and backwards. He doesn’t have much money. Look what he’s done to his own house & Lalande. Dan’s buddies are only that buddies, not a consistent source of free labor. But, I know a tree guy. I know a very slow finish carpenter. I know someone that my bleep ex boss uses as a fireplace guy. I know a guy with a construction background that moved back to the UK. Dan is lots of big talk and dumb ideas. Can’t wait to see his little kids running around the construction site unattended. Oh wait, they will never see the place or much of Dan again. Daddy’s got a new baby.
Maybe Fanny will loan him all those “hard hats” she supposedly bought for his imaginary “friends “

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Thank you for posting this OhIDontKnow.

What is he smoking, and can I get some.

He mentions the ruin was built in the early 19th century, then references roaring 20's and beginning of the art deco period. He must not realize that the 19th century was in the 1800s.

How can he afford to purchase more importantly restore this property with no income? Is he expecting patreon/youtube to fund it all?

I hope he has a rich backer somewhere.. oh could that be Billy Petherick or/and Amaury?
Must have got it super cheap, I think he’s lost it. 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Good thinking however reverse it, he needs to find out first if french/uk/dutch/belgian/german schools would be interested in such a trip, then find out about the average size of a group like that, and what can be charged per student and if the schools would return the next year. And how many of these field trips he is willing and can take on board per year. Calculate the income - cost = profit. If the profit is generous enough ( 20k a year won't cut it) He should go for it!
I 100% agree with you, research and assessing any real financial gain is absolutely the key in evaluating any possible future enterprise. It's a given". I just feel that if Dan doesn't have a business minded partner/individual/girlfriend, or, A N OTHER working alongside him, none of this will ever happen. C'est la vie. Time will tell!
But, at the end of the day, not our life decision, therefore, not our worry either, is it? IMHO, just another YTuber! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m still on page 39 of the last thread but can’t wait to catch up and see your comments after last night’s spectacle. 😆 🧛‍♂️

Also, a side note, I mentioned how much Fannys tissue box cover cost during the Framlington Mummies home flog and one of you linked a tissue box cover costing £150ish from a shop in Stow-on -the-Wold in the Cotswolds. Possibly @MRShavershamsdress or @Just Grift Wood?? Anyways with my fellow Tattlers in mind I went in said shop this week and took a photo of my husband holding the expensive item for your viewing pleasure 😁

View attachment 1599649

View attachment 1599646
bloody brilliant it was me I am sure that was about the cheapest item in there-well remembered xxxx

• Wow
  • Heart

View attachment 1599649

View attachment 1599646
I trust your husband washed his hands before touching said box !

I'll raise you. £ 360.00. I need a lie down.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Yup, they even charge more then madame grift!
You can stay in a hotel nearby which also has a spa for half that price & swimming pool & finished outdoor seating.
I've said it previously. Something similar in a major French city, e.g. Paris, does not cost that much per night FFS!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.