The Chateau Diaries #182 Nobody likes anybody in Lalande. They play with genitals, drink, food and power

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who will buy these, decorate and sell them to fanny
I have the supplies to make several of this tissue box cover. Would Fanny be interested in these?
Should I contact Manor & Maker to organize a workshop?
1663947907133.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
OMG, that is such a shock to read here. He was only at the HMN a month or so ago. Any details as to why/how?
Absolutely regardless - RIP Ian and sending condolences to your family. :cry:
Omg! That's so sad!!! I really loved seeing Ian in episodes.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This is more up Manor and Makers street includes sewing !

• Haha
Reactions: 9
https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/6272858/wanna-marchi-stefania-nobile-netflix-fortune-teller/
Tell me this is not a copy of a mother daughter duo in chateuverse. Only they dont sell snakeoil but somehow relieve old grannies from their life savings.
I attempted to watch the first ep today on Netflix and right from the off, just thought, she is so "ignorant" and, I do mean that in the most basic interpretation of that word too!
Look at her from decades ago and how she appears today. World's apart. So extremely rough and common back in the day and now so extremely polished - obviously, as documented, she scammed millions. Although, tbh, her daughter hasn't fared as well as her mother - has she? Current day, mother and daughter look like sisters, rather than mother/daughter, but then again, the majority of the millions they scammed was obviously spent on plastic surgery, wasn't it? ;)

Reactions: 3
Let’s name Dan’s chateau…

-The Crâpeau
-The Chateau de Ladan
-The New Dump
-His Biggest Mistake
-The Shâgteau
-The 2nd Least Safe Chateau In Rural France
-When’s The Next Fire
-The Skinniest Chateau
-Stephanie’s Heavy Equipment Graveyard
-Craptown
-WTF
-Henri Won’t Even Visit
-Oops I Bought An Abandoned Steaming Pile of tit
-Chateau du Bodge
-Schitt’s Castle
-Turkey Turrets
-Chateau de la Chompers
-Falafel Fortress
-Cray Gardens
-How To Renovate A Chateau (Whilst Accidentally Killing Yourself Or Someone Else)
The Bric-eau

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Amuary will have some ready for Christmas 2030 get your orders in Tattlers

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I imagine he’ll stay at his grandfather’s for visits with boys, you have to have a safe environment for visits, it will be a hell of commute back and forth to the “ruin” maybe he’ll tent or borrow a camper 🤦‍♀️
the peacockgrifters still have a spare caravan i suspect 🙄 :LOL: now that mum and whats his name moved in the barn?..oh no i forgot...they need their caravans for the volunteers...

There you have it, kitchen reno took too long!

Yes dear, 330 for a night with a minimum of 2 nights :)

There was something historically 'significant' about the long house. The exposed beams outside I believe. If anyone knows, please fill in.
How long would it take you to restore 1 gite (1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen/living area) which is in that state? Money not being a problem at all.
@Just Grift Wood estimated at 6 to 9 months
i agree...those longhouses you mean? about 6 months..to 9....when you plan well in advance...we had a renovation about 12 years ago for one of the cottages...wasnt touched since the sixties...it was finished in a month...but that was during the moneycrisis..when builders had nothing to do...and they were glad they could come to work..

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Their kitchen was 6 months on the flog but it will last a lifetime Benoit made an amazing kitchen- timeless

seems we are just all jaded and tired of Fanny and the content is so bloody dull it doesn't really warrant comment ha ha
While the Fleuries are of course Grade A grifters, they do have the redeeming feature of Benoit. He's funny, he's talented, his dedication to perfection is legendary, and his long suffering interactions with Phillip are hysterical. Carpenter wise, I'd choose Benoit over Amaury every time.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I trust your husband washed his hands before touching said box !

I'll raise you. £ 360.00. I need a lie down.
What?
$400??
I got wrapping paper, boxes, modge podge...
I think this is going to be my next 3rd grade art project?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I 100% agree with you, research and assessing any real financial gain is absolutely the key in evaluating any possible future enterprise. It's a given". I just feel that if Dan doesn't have a business minded partner/individual/girlfriend, or, A N OTHER working alongside him, none of this will ever happen. C'est la vie. Time will tell!
But, at the end of the day, not our life decision, therefore, not our worry either, is it? IMHO, just another YTuber! :)
you know...the best businesses sometimes start with a silly idea...after it became a succes all the people say...damn why didnt i think of that...

The plan can work...when you get people with skills enthousiastic...about the plan....it for sure can work..Dan can film it..and live from the views on YT...but it all starts or ends with getting enough skilled people in...i know there will be people who have skills and would like to take this project on...i think about retired engineers, architects...marketing, internet... etc..who want to set their teeth in it..have a nice time together and get things done...

• Heart
Reactions: 18
you know...the best businesses sometimes start with a silly idea...after it became a succes all the people say...damn why didnt i think of that...

The plan can work...when you get people with skills enthousiastic...about the plan....it for sure can work..Dan can film it..and live from the views on YT...but it all starts or ends with getting enough skilled people in...i know there will be people who have skills and would like to take this project on...i think about retired engineers, architects...marketing, internet... etc..who want to set their teeth in it..have a nice time together and get things done...
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles started out as joke...

Reactions: 5
I've said it previously. Something similar in a major French city, e.g. Paris, does not cost that much per night FFS!
but then you miss out the view of the church...and the grave yard... 🙄 we laughed about Manor and maker...but the fleuries also have a grave yard next door..:LOL: not in a million years i would pay that amount to stay there..its not even a chateau...its a manoir...nothing special at all...

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Don't know if somebody has already posted this....
In the following video they say that there has been no price on the advertisement because they search someone to restore it like it was. before the fire.

• Heart
While the Fleuries are of course Grade A grifters, they do have the redeeming feature of Benoit. He's funny, he's talented, his dedication to perfection is legendary, and his long suffering interactions with Phillip are hysterical. Carpenter wise, I'd choose Benoit over Amaury every time.
believe me...that kitchen has cost a fortune...it will last a century...and they all grifted it together... 🙄 without their grifting and yt...they would eat dry bread...and couldnt charge that huge amount a night..for that place...there are lotts of places to stay in that area...nicer and better equiped..

Who will buy these, decorate and sell them to fanny
Only overseas, touring group visitors to the well known, "twee", Cotswolds towns/villages in my personal experience. And, I have walked through all those Cotswolds villages too. Every shop 100% relies on overseas visitors for their seasonal income.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.