The Chateau Diaries #18 Porky mitts and porky pies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dan was a chef before covid. We don't know as of of yet how well paid. At this time and space he out works every shato owner.
Dan was a chef on oil rigs in the middle of the sea, because of being away from home and potentially dangerous working conditions, I think it was probably well paid.

Reactions: 10
were long due an apology - we had nothing to do with his inability to work
he hadn't featured here that much

keep going back to 221 k subscribers - and there's barely 60 posting here -
when you take out all the trolls ....
just doesn't add up

ain't buying what he's trying to sell
seems desperate to find out whom I am thou

Anon Anon

• 1 day ago
Hey Cathy, great videos! Looking forward to seeing the 'artists' work!!! ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
REPLY0 replies
Maybe he's going to offer you a job! I mean you can knock out quality content pretty swiftly. :ROFLMAO: :cool:🍸

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I don't understand why Selmar is messing about with curtain tie-backs and panelling, when the downstairs powder room is still unfinished. Must be at least six months on one tiny room.
I suspect she films content weeks in advance and drip feeds it into the vlogs.
ETTCDIY for example, works on the same premise. Each weekly episode will feature a couple working on something and this can take three to four weeks to view the final result. It will keep the viewers hooked as they will tune in to see progress.
Given that Selmar shots are approx 2 mins long it could take years to see the finished result. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
What a treat, to have our shittelaine herself reveal her amateurism and level of idiocy when it comes to the outdoors, and thus record the evidence for all of her patreons to see: they might as well dropped their money in that dirty rotten moat of hers to begin with. There’s no plan, no real vision when it comes to gardening, but she tries, right? And gets praise for it, even here, with us critical tattlers, because we love for her narrative to be moving to the garden, where there’s still hope that could turn into something we might like. But that’s what it all is, a narrative, and getting praise for even getting out of bed is what she’s used to. Her throwing in some seeds is a pathetic attempt to tell Dan he should work harder so she doesn’t have to come and interfere. Run, Dan, run. She is trained well by her mother. I know everybody believes IJ is a true gardener, knowing exactly what she’s doing, but again: all for show. Even with all the efforts put in by many (the hired gardeners, lots of volunteers and even my friends, who at the time knew nothing about gardening but now run a truly working veggie-garden) the garden still looks like a mess and not just in winter. IJ has been there for 16 years now, was much younger then, so if she knew what she was doing, there would have been a year-round-producing garden by now for sure. Their actions, if they do amount to anything, are always meant to lure in others to take over and do the work for them, only to start all over when those "volunteers" leave. That's the real reason there's been no real progress.
During one of my visits to the tit-show-shat-o I was appalled to see Percy walking around in shorts, his legs and arms covered in very bad ulcers (he has some kind of hemophilia), but yet working heavy maintenance. I asked IJ about it, saying that poor man should just enjoy his pension, and all she said was (imagine the accent) “I told him, but he insists on helping me.” Right. I hope they stay in SA, where he only has to help one of them and his own children can keep an eye on him.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Yes my car is 22 years old in May. Every January when it goes for its MOT I think will this be the year
I get a new car, but no it goes on and on!
I was upset when they advised that i ought to change my car's 17 year old tyres.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
There’s you go, so I doubt it was lent by a French friend.... they are all great at twisting the truth ;)
A Mercedes in fr
That was pretty constructive criticism. Sadie did ask people to be nice, and these ladies kind of were. Pethericks probably assume every criticism is from here now that they've vaguevertised tattle in multiple videos. It's hard to look at where she lives and not assume you'd enjoy being there all day more than she appears to be. Go outside more. Put your luxurious locks in a bun and walk the dogs every morning, because no future boss is going to think that was a great job interview. You're making crafts and youtubin in your apartment while your daughter is at school, but you live in a place that people pay to see. You and Guin really need to put your heads together and watch Positano Diaries or something. Your family is burning bridges before you can even cross them. Absolutely support you getting a horse though. Anyway. I'll catch up on the pages I missed now.
Who's Guin ?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I just figure they have tons of seed and it hasn't been that much colder there than it has been where I live (mostly in years past for me though, our winter has been really mild this year and everything is trying to bolt). I just think that garden would be so much nicer with a little wild permaculture approach, instead of naked onions six inches apart. They aren't going to get that big. I cram way more than that into my raised beds and have tons to give away. Also she should start the next two months of flower seeds right now. Direct sow lettuce and cabbage and it'll sprout. If some of it dies, no big deal, but if grass is alive, lettuce will be too. Bareroot fruit trees would also be a good idea right now. JUST SOME IDEAS.
Being not a true gardener she will mess up with the seeds anyway. It is quite some work to make seeds grow. She will need to go every day to the greenhouse and look after them. She was not even able to water them properly. Even Phil asked if the seeds she was supposed to put 10cm deep in soil don't need soil beneath them? 🙈
And then when it comes to planting them in the garden....? I just don't see her doing it.
One day she will say that seeds just didn't grow. And order some grown plants from UK. Which she will then accidentally sent to London.

You have to be real passionate about gardening, otherwise it's not even worth the money. She spent so much on compost and will end with nothing. Instead she could buy flowers right away.

Reactions: 11
We all should charge her a consultation fee😂. The onion part was funny for all the wrong reasons! It‘s technically her garden, (even though today was the first time I’ve seen her really do anything in it), she should know what’s been planted. That part made me SMH.

It was a more down to earth video, granted she’ll never be relatable, but she seems to be getting the message to try to tone down the excess lifestyle. It’s a smart move as more people are taking notice to the money wasted on the parties and frivolities. Are there people out there who enjoy the partying and high life living segments of her vlog? Because I just don’t get it, I can’t think of anyone I know who lives like that, it just comes off so pretentious. I don’t want to see her buy Spode, I want to see her buy more compost and spread manure in the planting beds😂.
Amazing how much directorial & editorial control Tattlers have over her isn't it!! We say go outside more - so goes outside for a walk. We say stop laying in bed all day & get on with things - she gets in the garden & pretends to potter around. We say stop with all the expensive stuff - so she pretends to buy a wine box. Oh dear oh dear LOTLL you really aren't in control of your fiefdom are you. Tattlers are. Now I think perhaps you should learn how to clear the loft out, or ride a horse, or do yoga with Selmar, or learn how to use the carpet cleaner. Any other suggestions fellow Tattlers. I mean we are pulling the strings aren't we?

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
The latest vlog is so boring, the extra Patreon videos are too (people pay for those...)
Like when will she actually renovate something???
Yes, they are, watched some of them, most are poorly edited, sound is worse, would never pay for such "extra".

Reactions: 2
We were wondering how Gerry managed to set up his business. If the Granny Farm was sold prior to 2004. the taxi company was set up and Gerry registered as a director in June 2003. I wonder if "Daddy" also set him up in business as well as indulging SJ with her castle?
Regarding the granny farm, I wonder how long past inspection reports are available? And how would one access those?

Reactions: 5
My parents have both died. They both grew up in Amsterdam. They both learned 4 languages at school: Dutch, French, German, and English. They both spoke, read, wrote and followed all 4 languages equally. This tells you how long ago this was that they were in school.
Just what i tried to explain, i speak 4 languages too, and also a bit of Spanish..

Reactions: 1
Have you ever been to France ? 🤣 I drive there in a 70 year old car!
Germany also plenty of older vehicles.

There are laws though about being a resident and driving a vehicle with UK plates.
I know it’s so in Germany because we were told if you go on the autobahn in an older car you can be fined , it’s also harder to get insurance.you need a roadworthy test . This is why younger people tend to not have a car . Your 70 year old car probably has a heritage license however as I hit send I did wonder about France as I’d assumed so I stand corrected

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.