The Chateau Diaries #18 Porky mitts and porky pies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just watched the Pethericks latest vlog.
Is it a bad sign that I found it much much more interesting than Lalande's latest vlogs ? 😂
PS Gwen is definitely pregnant.

Re. Lalande. The local staff at this small and rural supermarket (Intermarché) must not be very impressed to see the Lalande gang arriving five minutes or so before the supermarket closes, on a Sunday morning.

Supermarkets in France are not all open on Sundays. And when they are open, it's only until midday or 1pm usually.

Imagine how the staff can welcome those who arrive just before they can go home and enjoy what is left of their Sunday with family.

In one of Stephanie's recent vlogs, I was wondering how the locals "see" her when she goes shopping dressed in her very long coat made in tapestry, with her high heels...or with a flashy yellow jacket matched with an awful yellow bag held by a huge chain.

Remember : this is a small supermarket in a small and very rural town, almost a village.

I would love to hear them speaking of the "Brits of Lalande" 😂😂

Maybe @Clara Burnett could tell us ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Very lucky.... Not on Amazon anymore and US price on Thermomix site is $1400!!!! I would be killed if I bought one at this price!!!! :LOL: Well if you ever see one for less than $400 you know who to call.... meeeeee:LOL:
If the Thermomix is at a great price again I'll let you know. A few coworkers didn't get one and now they want one. If it comes up I'll pop on and post it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Is it a bad sign that I found it much much more interesting than Lalande's latest vlogs ? 😂
Is that the one in which Billy struggles to pronounce 'lustre ancien'? He's only been in France for five years... 🤣
Maybe Gwen's trying to emulate Billy's corpulence...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is that the one in which Billy struggles to pronounce 'lustre ancien'? He's only been in France for five years... 🤣
Maybe Gwen's trying to emulate Billy's corpulence...
I am no doctor, but looking at the way he walks and yesterday looking at his son’s walking, I think they have knock knees and the little boy should be taken to a doctor, not spending money on lamps!

• Haha
I was being ironic of course 😉
The SMEG fridge in their kitchen has obsessed me since the very beginning of these vlogs as it was obvious that many American fans had no idea of the cost of it and believed her Poor Me story.
Ha! That was my very first clue to what is going on with this tit show! I had initially thought maybe they ran out of money after daddy had died and were going the way of Grey Gardens and then I saw the SMEG..... the brand has made its way to America with their smaller appliances but their wee fridges look Lilliputian in almost any US home.

Reactions: 6

Re. Lalande. The local staff at this small and rural supermarket (Intermarché) must not be very impressed to see the Lalande gang arriving five minutes or so before the supermarket closes, on a Sunday morning.

Supermarkets in France are not all open on Sundays. And when they are open, it's only until midday or 1pm usually.

Imagine how the staff can welcome those who arrive just before they can go home and enjoy what is left of their Sunday with family.

In one of Stephanie's recent vlogs, I was wondering how the locals "see" her when she goes shopping dressed in her very long coat made in tapestry, with her high heels...or with a flashy yellow jacket matched with an awful yellow bag held by a huge chain.

Remember : this is a small supermarket in a small and very rural town, almost a village.

I would love to hear them speaking of the "Brits of Lalande" 😂😂

Maybe @Clara Burnett could tell us ?
I have no specific information about that, I’m afraid, it’s been a while since I’ve visited.

Reactions: 2
I am no doctor, but looking at the way he walks and yesterday looking at his son’s walking, I think they have knock knees and the little boy should be taken to a doctor, not spending money on lamps!
omg yes!! that's exactly what I noticed too!! A person I know had knocked knees too and it was pretty severe. He had to have surgery and it was very painful. Baby Ernest needs to be taken to the doctor asap.

Reactions: 5
omg yes!! that's exactly what I noticed too!! A person I know had knocked knees too and it was pretty severe. He had to have surgery and it was very painful. Baby Ernest needs to be taken to the doctor asap.
There speaks an American, unfortunately this side of the pond we tend to remain as we are made. The only thing that would be addressed in kids are more major, heart, eyes, cochlear implant and what is known as clicky hip (requires double nappies/diapers) or sometimes a frame that keeps the legs in capital A shape. Even orthodontics tend to be more for middle class and above due to cost.

Ok not far from me then :)
That reminds me of a story that a friend tells. He was living in Canada (west), a cousins daughter was going to Canada and they rang and asked them to meet her at the airport. The response was "You're in Ireland and nearer the airport than me, you collect her".

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Its definitely a French thing, they eat it fresh from the oven every day.

Im new today, can someone tell me how post post a new comment please?
You can only tag onto a reply from someone else's comment. So you just click on the quote arrow & type then press the post reply arrow.

Reactions: 1
So BJJ's boyband went from 6 to 4 member in a couple of years?
Didn't he say they had a few (must be very few) hits, and some local recognision before he left?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
There speaks an American, unfortunately this side of the pond we tend to remain as we are made. The only thing that would be addressed in kids are more major, heart, eyes, cochlear implant and what is known as clicky hip (requires double nappies/diapers) or sometimes a frame that keeps the legs in capital A shape. Even orthodontics tend to be more for middle class and above due to cost.

I am an European and true that middle class families would try to fix their children... These people live in a chateau, drive expensive cars, wear expensive clothes and handbags, especially Gwen! I am sure she has not spent all her inheritance in buying the chateau.... I suppose people priorities are elsewhere.... I am still trying to figure out why she got involved with that family, considering her background.... Just look at the way Ryan looks at her boyfriend/husband Billy.... something fishy there having him around all the time....:unsure:

That reminds me of a story that a friend tells. He was living in Canada (west), a cousins daughter was going to Canada and they rang and asked them to meet her at the airport. The response was "You're in Ireland and nearer the airport than me, you collect her".
:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
We used to call them canon stokers, load the canon and let someone else do the firing. Or as my dear old mam would say, 'tit stirrers' given the level of fossilised tit around these days, I would go with the latter.

To be fair, I'm sure she could give us all a good old laugh. She just would be unable to moderate...so maybe not the forum for her :)
I just don't see her as the benign old Irish mammy. She's had a taste of 'fame' by thinking she is really a friend of the chateaux owners. Insinuated herself into all sort of cyber nooks & crannies, swopped allegiances, set up umpteen new pages & even tried to establish herself up as one of the Hollywood homes of the stars tour guides. And I agree with your mam's definition.

• Heart
Still standing by my phrase of the year: NorrisCS said:
NutJobs.... the whole barking mad lot of them.....

Here are my questions: Whatever happened to those videos she was going to do with her artist friend, Oliver? Has she ever admitted before that her parents gave her inheritance to her early to help buy the chateau? Why hire Phillip? There have been so many others before him that were more genuine and talented. He grates on my nerves.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Boodle (for Ladies and Gentlemen) in Berry. 🎩
Members only.
The queen of the bed Chamber has the honor to inform her dear patreons of the opening of her exclusive B&B.
This unique and unforgetable experience will be a true blessing (for me moneywise).

Discover our wonderful home cooked meals: 😋
Salt rubbed pork served with unwashed potatoes (cooked with parsnips for the vegans),
Back seat bread à la Jarvis,
Blue garlic à la Philip,
Salted hot chocolate à la Marie,
Caramelised shallots à la "my friend The English Michelin chef",
To name a few.

Come and visit our private chapel. Please note, no inappropriate behaviour in our chapel or POD. (sorry for this one)

Have a walk in our wonderful forest, you might even find some moldy Easter eggs. :sick:

Enjoy a good night sleep. All our beds are fitted with the most exquisite bed linen from Y Lemored, thouroughly washed at 30° and therefore not sanitised. 🤮🤒All our linen are stored all together in our messy lovely laundry room.😨

You will also meet your adorable hostess, back in France after a very successfull career in Hollywood.
You will be allowed to have a drink on the terrasse with her. Not too late in the evening though as she goes
to bed early due to her hard work. Too late in the evening she might be a bit tipsy, plastered actually.

This invitation is for our patreons only.
How to become a patreon? Just go on the site and pay.
Here is The recipe of The Michelin chef caramelised shallots: take the unpeeled shallots, place them on your chopping board, peel them, chop them on this very chopping board, then in a pan... Any washing, shallot, knife, board? Nope.
To be continued as soon as you have signed up.

Our château is situated in the sticks a ridiculously gorgeous area and is 😋 peeeeeerfect for
the best weekend ever.

Good luck

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
TCD vlogs to me just look like a narcissist surrounded by a bunch of codependents. The fake flattering of the boss and the sycophantic panderings of the employees are really boring to watch now. Is it just me or is the narc being extra extra nice to the staff now with no snarky comments or sarcasm, since we started discussing narcissism on the threads??

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.