The Chateau Diaries #18 Porky mitts and porky pies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of shopping at Lalande...
It always amazes me to see the Lalande family shopping at the local supermarket for their special events.

When you show your viewers all the luxuries in your life (clothes, fabric, travels, candles, etc etc), you would want to show them the finest food shops in your area (at least for your special occasions).

We know they exist in this corner of Berry : we saw the sweets-chocolates shop in the small town of La Châtre in one of the vlogs.

Sure there are good butchers, cheesemongers, épicerie fine in Châteauroux (the biggest town in the area) too.

Or is it a trick to show her viewers how simple their life is at Lalande ? 😜
Eating Michelin star meals excited her. Buying food doesn’t. I suspect they order the food online and get it delivered.

I don’t think it’s to show how simple it is. For some reason having an abundance bring in the viewers. Perhaps they think it’s normal to have three course meals with alcohol every day.

it puzzzles me how patrons want to be part of this by sending someone money who clearly doesn’t need money. Maybe they all live vicariously through lala land. Whilst eating their budget meals at home and saving up for home improvements like normal people.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
many guess is as they postponed it a day because they could not possibly have the v meal without selmar that they had time to go back the next day for more goodies including tomato’s ?

selmar was stranded without power - / selmar was spending Valentine’s Day with someone and had to come up with an excuse to escape the v meal.
It would be great if Selmar happened to film all this - would be one of his most ‘exciting’ vlogs to date!😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Before Brexit, UK was not in Schengen (if I'm right). Ireland is not in Schengen either.
Yet a lot of British and Irish people live (now the British have to get a residency card because of Brexit) in France / Spain / Italy under the European regulations.
We need an European law expert at Tattle ! 😂
As a citizen of a the European Economic Area, or if you are Swiss, you have the right to stay in France for more than 3 months. You do not have to have a residence permit, but you can apply for one. You must meet certain conditions during the first 5 years of your stay. After 5 years spent in France, legally and continuously, you have a permanent right of residence (without conditions).

Entry into France
To enter the UK:
  • you must have a valid identity document or passport,
  • and you must not pose a threat to public order.
Conditions of stay
To have a right to stay as a worker, you must be able to justify the exercise of a professional activity in France.
However, even if you are no longer active, you can retain your right to stay in certain situations, such as:
  • temporary incapacity in the event of illness or accident,
  • or involuntary unemployment.
FYI : you may engage in any activity as an employed or self-employed person (except certain public jobs and, subject to conditions, for regulated professions).
Application for residence card
You do not have to have a residence permit.
However, you have the right to request a residence card EU/EEA/Switzerland Citizen - All professional activities..
Right to permanent residence
After 5 years of legal and uninterrupted residence in France, you get a right to permanent residence. You can prove your right to stay over the previous 5 years by any means (employment contract, unemployment certificate, registration in the register of trade and companies, etc.). You no longer need to justify the conditions of your stay (whether you are a worker or not). You may remain permanently in France, provided that you do not pose a serious threat to public order.
You can request a EU/EEA/Switzerland citizen's residence card - Permanent stay - All professional activities, but it is not mandatory.
You can prove the continuity of your stay over the 5 years by any means (e.g. documents from administrations or private organizations).
You lose your right to permanent residence if you are absent from France for more than 2 consecutive years.
Some absences are allowed:
  • temporary absences not exceeding 6 months per year,
  • absences for the performance of military obligations,
  • or an absence of up to 12 consecutive months for an important reason such as a serious illness, studies or a professional posting abroad for example.
Please note : in certain situations, you can obtain a right to permanent residence before the 5-year period. This is the case, under certain conditions, if you are a frontier worker or if you cease to work as a result of permanent incapacity for work or to collect your pension.

Espace économique européen (EEE)
Définition mise à jour le 03 février 2020
Allemagne, Autriche, Belgique, Bulgarie, Chypre, Croatie, Danemark, Espagne, Estonie, Finlande, France, Grèce, Hongrie, Irlande, Islande, Italie, Lettonie, Liechtenstein, Lituanie, Luxembourg, Malte, Norvège, Pays-Bas, Pologne, Portugal, République tchèque, Roumanie, Slovaquie, Slovénie, Suède

What must a British person do to stay in France after Brexit?
Verified 15 octobre 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

The provisions of the Withdrawal Agreement shall apply to British nationals and members of their families residing in France or coming to settle in France before 31 December 2020.
Although the UK withdrew on 1to In February 2020, the withdrawal agreement provides for a transitional period until 31 December 2020. During this transitional period, all rights of British nationals acquired as European nationals are maintained.
Pursuant to the withdrawal agreement, you will have to apply for specific residence permits "UK Withdrawal Agreement". You will need to complete your request before 1to July 2021..
You will only be required to hold a residence permit as from 1to October 2021.
You must complete the online process:
Brexit: application for residence permit
Ministry of the Interior

Go to online service

Warning : if you have already applied for a residence permit on this website in the framework of a Brexit without an agreement, between october 9, 2019 and january 31, 2020, you do not need to reapply online. Your request has been taken into account and will be processed by the prefecture before the obligation to hold a title.

Reactions: 3
does anyone know what’s the deal with bread being sold bag less. Is it a French or European thing? Like I noticed the bread had some paper round it but was exposed and it then sat on the car seat when they were driving.
Because she’s a manky mare. No offence to mares. I like horses. Sorry to all mares.

It's a French thing.
View attachment 440760

View attachment 440761View attachment 440765

When you're at Lalande DO NOT EAT THE BREAD!
View attachment 440764
When you’re at La Lande do not eat.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I think she wants to discuss the same subjects in her page than here, but doesn't want to initiate the discussion herself. Better that someone of her fans will start it, after reading our content :unsure:
Back to doing what she does best. Stirring the pot. As usual trying to show how 'in the know' she is. I think it is best to ignore her antics & not bother commenting on her here. If she wants to come out of the chateau closet then she needs to do it openly & stop leading with the fox and running with the hounds. Her faux innocent ooh look what is happening on another site, nothing to do with me guv it was the big boys who made me did it and ran away stance hidden behind a sugar pink thumbnail don't impress me much.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Could we ask Diesel for details of who is keeping Selmar company on all these weekend trips he makes? He protested too much with excuses for missing V day!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Speaking of shopping at Lalande...
It always amazes me to see the Lalande family shopping at the local supermarket for their special events.

When you show your viewers all the luxuries in your life (clothes, fabric, travels, candles, etc etc), you would want to show them the finest food shops in your area (at least for your special occasions).

We know they exist in this corner of Berry : we saw the sweets-chocolates shop in the small town of La Châtre in one of the vlogs.

Sure there are good butchers, cheesemongers, épicerie fine in Châteauroux (the biggest town in the area) too.

Or is it a trick to show her viewers how simple their life is at Lalande ? 😜
She doesn't want to buy the good stuff for her volunteers :)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Tomasz always left me feeling uneasy, he tried to ingratiate himself too much. The whole mugging incident seemed suspicious, maybe I'm wrong.
At least Tomaz did work. You're telling me Stephanie was too lazy for the past 15 years to organize HER OWN laundry room??? You really need volunteers to do that. LOL!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Or mummy's microwave and toaster. Thermomix $1500-$3k. American and Canada can get the same thing for $375. The recipes are rediculously expensive also. All that poor mouthing is just disgusting. She's going to reach a point where no one but the extremely gullible are going to buy her bs.
Where can you get a Thermomix for $375? I can not find one for less than $1000!!!! A friend has it and is a fantastic appliance. I really love to have one.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
There are five in the cover photo. In the video there are four including a very wooden dancing BJJ but then he disappears and a different guy makes up the four. Bit like Dr Who regenerating......
I don't understand the language. The camel toe makes another appearance. I was speechless for a few. Maybe Selmar can teach him how to dance.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Why would one offer her a post as LaLande florist?
As she professed to 'love' Marie, and I thought she might 'try' doing her a favour as she had come into such riches, so unexpectedly. But obvs those riches are hers and hers alone to spend on luxurious candles, Hermes belts etc etc etc. Honestly I don't think Marie is great either, I just thought SJ 'might' help her in some way other than offering her a job as cook!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.