The Chateau Diaries #18 Porky mitts and porky pies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone else catch Stephanie say when supermarketing shopping for Valentine's Day dinner, "it's just a group of friends having dinner"? No Stef, it's a meal with your employees! THEY ARE PAID TO BE YOUR FRIENDS!
She got on my nerves going on and on about Valentines Day as if its some great big celebration. To my mind its got well out of hand from the days when you were sent a card by a mystery secret admirer to now people having dinners and going on and on shouting Happy Valentines Day and also people gifting huge presents. Donate that money to something worthy instead of thinking you have to buy a loved one something big and expensive. Show the person you love how much you love them all 365 days of the year by how you treat them!!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Did anyone spot the burning tea towel in the background when SJ was making the cake? 😂
You are just terrible, terrible people! I had resolved not to watch another Sh#tto video, not a one! and then everyone is discussing the latest offering and I feel I must take a peek, just for research purposes you understand 🤪

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
After watching last nights vlog it’s clear to see that her YouTube channel has sunk to being the poor relation of ETTC DIY. Week after week she has nothing to show because the real interesting stuff is saved for telly who are first in line. While she has the TV contract her vlogs will contain material not deemed interesting enough.
Covid isn’t going anywhere soon so unless she starts to be as creative for her vlogs as she is for the TV and puts equal effort in to create inspirational content (I’ve seen nothing inspirational for months) she’ll not hold an audience in the numbers she’s been seeing.
SJ spends 70 hours a week editing which in her mind means she doesn’t have time to create content. She’s got it back to front! Surely the people clicking play have no interest in watching her staff do mundane jobs while she films them. Said staff should be the ones behind the camera filming SJ being creative and inspiring us with ways to fill our days through lockdown. Even when she had a editor things didn’t really change content wise.
I personally think that it goes back to the TV contact and I’m sure she’s used all the tools in her tool box for them and is bound up in their contract. Also it’s easier to roll outta bed and follow people around with a phone in your hand every day waiting for something mildly interesting to happen rather than structure the day by planning a project, taking control of time management which includes passing on instructions to others around you to film and help edit, etc.
Again, it’s her Achilles heal that always let’s her down ... structure, planning and effort.
Yes! Again, she is going for quantity over quality. She pumps out mediocre/ bad videos instead of limiting her output to one excellent video a week which would probably get her more cumulative views and build up her Patreon. I have only really started watching Youtube videos since lockdown, and it seems that the lifestyle vloggers who garner 500000+ views per video are those who have invested in proper camera equipment, learned to use it, and do the post properly.
She may film others but the videos are still about her. She is fundamentally dull so her videos are dull. Why is she dull? Because all she cares about is herself (and maybe Mummy). She doesn't care about her viewers; she cares about their money. So the videos are sloppy, her appearance is sloppy. Her fellow performers are sloppy. And, above all, her crowning jewel, the chateau, is sloppy. She has settled for a sloppy pseudo-reportage style that is just stupid because there is nothing to report. She couldn't even keep her tit together long enough to show the closet cleanout till the end. Instead, her latest video is literally about a pile of tit, fossilized tit, but tit nonetheless.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I’d rather see Tomas there than BJJ, at least he actually did some work. I actually groaned each time BJJ appeared on last nights vlog 😬
Oh God no...we'd have to watch him do the splits and wear shorts! At least Philly wears pants, even if there's a camel toe.

Speaking of shopping at Lalande...
It always amazes me to see the Lalande family shopping at the local supermarket for their special events.

When you show your viewers all the luxuries in your life (clothes, fabric, travels, candles, etc etc), you would want to show them the finest food shops in your area (at least for your special occasions).

We know they exist in this corner of Berry : we saw the sweets-chocolates shop in the small town of La Châtre in one of the vlogs.

Sure there are good butchers, cheesemongers, épicerie fine in Châteauroux (the biggest town in the area) too.

Or is it a trick to show her viewers how simple their life is at Lalande ? 😜
Dan shows more of the area, which I find fascinating.
He edits better as well. I would employ him full time, he's an asset on every level.
Sadly he bought a drone, but to be fair I enjoyed the footage. I even watched the adverts for him, to show my appreciation. :)
I felt all virtuous afterwards. Mrs G thinks I've changed my tune. 😂

SMEG would be paaarfect !
Why does the phrase 'Smeg head' come to mind?
For those not interested it's from Red Dwarf- I like to give young @Marquis de Potpourri homework to do. It keeps the old brain active during lockdown.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Has anyone EVER seen a box of wine in one of SJs videos? I think I have once... possibly. She is such a liar when she says they usually have a box. My guess is they have more empty wine bottles at that Sh#tto than any recycling plant you would care to visit.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
does anyone know what’s the deal with bread being sold bag less. Is it a French or European thing? Like I noticed the bread had some paper round it but was exposed and it then sat on the car seat when they were driving.
It is always like that :rolleyes: but putting it on the back seat :sick: it's a no no for me. The best thing to do is to make a sort of holster with a nice fabric and a shoulder strap. That's what I have done and it is fine

Reactions: 5
Do you honestly think that she hasn't sponged enough? Perhaps do what most people do & BUY what she needs? Oh and she has a SMEG fridge already doesn't she?
Oh yes she has one, but needs more...

Did anyone spot the burning tea towel in the background when SJ was making the cake? 😂
It's happened b4.. Mummy told her off! Actually, if mummy hadn't spotted it... Liar liar, your Chatoos on fire! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
No but that wouldn’t be the first time😮. Mummy was there when it happened before and not best pleased! Also, they forgot the tomatoes while at the supermarket but I saw 3 lovely large ones on the table. Same with the chocolate powder.

• Haha
This has probably already been answered, still catching up. But just in case: the lake is personal because the draining of the lake was her mistake which she wants to "make good" (reacting to what the water police said instead of waiting for official / written demands with regards to the management of the lake due to a new EU directive that had been passed). She says that she has never forgiven herself (I wouldn't have either). What probably happened is that she was alerted to costly changes to be made to the lake to bring it in line with new regulations. At the time, she did not look anything up, and did not know that because the lake is a historic landmark, she may have received a grant to help.
Hmm so the owner of a property can't be bothered to comply with the many regulations relating to the ownership & management of the lake so pulls the plug? I mean far too much boring old paperwork and probably expense with legal fees and compliance with silly old laws and things. Too busy planning next trip and working out what canapes to have with drinkies on the terrace perhaps? What she has probably never forgiven herself for is missing the trick of FREE money from the EU. A big grift missed out on.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yes! Again, she is going for quantity over quality. She pumps out mediocre/ bad videos instead of limiting her output to one excellent video a week which would probably get her more cumulative views and build up her Patreon. I have only really started watching Youtube videos since lockdown, and it seems that the lifestyle vloggers who garner 500000+ views per video are those who have invested in proper camera equipment, learned to use it, and do the post properly.
She may film others but the videos are still about her. She is fundamentally dull so her videos are dull. Why is she dull? Because all she cares about is herself (and maybe Mummy). She doesn't care about her viewers; she cares about their money. So the videos are sloppy, her appearance is sloppy. Her fellow performers are sloppy. And, above all, her crowning jewel, the chateau, is sloppy. She has settled for a sloppy pseudo-reportage style that is just stupid because there is nothing to report. She couldn't even keep her tit together long enough to show the closet cleanout till the end. Instead, her latest video is literally about a pile of tit, fossilized tit, but tit nonetheless.
Another gr8 tattle threads title.. A pile of tit, fossilized tit, but tit nevertheless 👏👏👏

• Haha
  • Heart
Haha spot on I'd say!

Another thing SJ will be going to spend money on, as mentioned in last nights patreon vid, is Bridgerton inspired Regency (? - sorry not a native English speaker)
costumes for their Easter party. Which as we all know is essential to restore your HMN... 🤡
So onesies for eggs hunt 🐣🐰and regency costumes for the party then 🥳. She'd better start sewing now ✂🧵 if she wants to have half a dress finished for Easter. The bodice being not very important as she enjoys exposing her (pushed-up) boobs 😆

• Haha
Speaking of shopping at Lalande...
It always amazes me to see the Lalande family shopping at the local supermarket for their special events.

When you show your viewers all the luxuries in your life (clothes, fabric, travels, candles, etc etc), you would want to show them the finest food shops in your area (at least for your special occasions).

We know they exist in this corner of Berry : we saw the sweets-chocolates shop in the small town of La Châtre in one of the vlogs.

Sure there are good butchers, cheesemongers, épicerie fine in Châteauroux (the biggest town in the area) too.

Or is it a trick to show her viewers how simple their life is at Lalande ? 😜
I think you've answered your own question there :ROFLMAO: It's all smoke & mirrors. Side trip to the posh shops but just didn't film it. I mean does she honestly expect us to forget the drinks cupboard that was in the kitchen - not a wine box in sight. Nice try Stephanie - 0/10 must try harder.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Well, back then the WiFi was even worse and she couldn't be bothered to drive to her special spot to Google "should I drain my lake?"

I thought they have bread delivered to the chateau? Baguette is best eaten fresh. If it gets bagged it looses the crisp crust because it collects moisture.
they do but not daily. And they are naturally unable to plan effectively to have bread 7 days a week. Potties sour dough home baking didn’t caught on. She also recently showed onions that was from when mummy did gardening in summer. And yet she bought more onions and forgot tomato’s. She really is getting the boring content out there these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
More footage of the burning tea towel In the patreon vlog and a piece of poor editing where you can see LOTLL snap at PP to stop filming 🤣

For those not interested it's from Red Dwarf- I like to give young @Marquis de Potpourri homework to do. It keeps the old brain active during lockdown.
[/QUOTE]

Ahh the Banana Orange scene. Classic.

• Haha
  • Wow
I dont buy it. If she had truly had seen the light she would share the interesting info she found here with the superfans she still serves her content to, instead of downplaying our conversations as hatred, obsession and revenge. BG, if you're reading here: give your audience the info you keep coming back here for!
I think she wants to discuss the same subjects in her page than here, but doesn't want to initiate the discussion herself. Better that someone of her fans will start it, after reading our content :unsure:

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
[/QUOTE]
I had to do some homework too :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
No but that wouldn’t be the first time😮. Mummy was there when it happened before and not best pleased! Also, they forgot the tomatoes while at the supermarket but I saw 3 lovely large ones on the table. Same with the chocolate powder.
many guess is as they postponed it a day because they could not possibly have the v meal without selmar that they had time to go back the next day for more goodies including tomato’s ?

selmar was stranded without power - / selmar was spending Valentine’s Day with someone and had to come up with an excuse to escape the v meal.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Dan shows more of the area, which I find fascinating.
He edits better as well. I would employ him full time, he's an asset on every level.
Sadly he bought a drone, but to be fair I enjoyed the footage. I even watched the adverts for him, to show my appreciation. :)
I felt all virtuous afterwards. Mrs G thinks I've changed my tune. 😂
I agree - I feel that I have discovered far more about the local area since Dan started to vlog. I am not a fan of drone footage but he used it to show the extend of flooding etc., so there did feel some purpose to it. I like Dan - he's hard working and self-deprecating and I would certainly support him before any of the others.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.