The Chateau Diaries #18 Porky mitts and porky pies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She did say in a recent vlog, she was doing some kind of diet, not eating until after 4pm each day, or something similar! Hence, she's grabbing all the sausage rolls on the gift grab, so they have to remove them, before she eats the whole plate! Bulimic..possibility,

Bingo!! 😂

Just saw the Valen-dines vlog.💔💔.snort snort..👃. Towel on her seat in car! Incontinence setting in? 3 large baguettes🍞🍞🍞 for 5 people!? Only buying shopping in supermarket for the ONE meal!! And forgot 2 items!! Classy lady, we usually have a box of wine! 😂😂Back log of patreon cards! She's getting them printed, and still not bothered signing them and sending them off. Get up an hour earlier, geex! Get MPK to get the stamps for you, he did it! Eventually! Oh and the antique tit house sludge! Why oh why would you show that!! Spent a voucher someone gave her, on Faberge plates!More new plates!! Really!! Use them to cover the facade, at least! Some voucher eh! Clothes and cleavage shaming FRK again! Oh you look so pretty, I'm going to look prettier, with my bapS out! The content is sadly getting worse and worse. As is her moving botox..

Only twice a week, mon and Thurs I think she said! Wouldn't think of putting one in the freezer!
She did say in a recent vlog, she was doing some kind of diet, not eating until after 4pm each day, or something similar! Hence, she's grabbing all the sausage rolls on the gift grab, so they have to remove them, before she eats the whole plate! Bulimic..possibility,

Bingo!! 😂

Just saw the Valen-dines vlog.💔💔.snort snort..👃. Towel on her seat in car! Incontinence setting in? 3 large baguettes🍞🍞🍞 for 5 people!? Only buying shopping in supermarket for the ONE meal!! And forgot 2 items!! Classy lady, we usually have a box of wine! 😂😂Back log of patreon cards! She's getting them printed, and still not bothered signing them and sending them off. Get up an hour earlier, geex! Get MPK to get the stamps for you, he did it! Eventually! Oh and the antique tit house sludge! Why oh why would you show that!! Spent a voucher someone gave her, on Faberge plates!More new plates!! Really!! Use them to cover the facade, at least! Some voucher eh! Clothes and cleavage shaming FRK again! Oh you look so pretty, I'm going to look prettier, with my bapS out! The content is sadly getting worse and worse. As is her moving botox..

Only twice a week, mon and Thurs I think she said! Wouldn't think of putting one in the freezer!
That Fanny Craddock dress was 🤢 Marie doesn’t eat non GF bread so that’s a lot of baguette to go through & Selmar doesn’t eat cake in the evening.....

Reactions: 5
When you look at the Instagram mention, it says ‘paid partnership’. They may have only paid for Instagram, not a mention in the videos but honesty would command you mentioning in the vlog, when filming the product, that this is a company that you are working with.
Just reminds me of the ‘this is not a make-up tutorial’ scene in one of the recent vlogs that is clearly meant to show brands how they might collaborate. Looking to jump on the very profitable beauty-industry train? Beware, fortunes can be made but reputations lost just as quickly. Current tattle will pale in comparison once you have reeled in some beauty fans! If you don’t have a genuine passion for the beauty-industry, stick to your lane, darling. It is not a good look.
Instagram rules it's a paid partnership even if it's just promo products.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
She's catching on.. She's being sponsored..
Smart. IG collaborations will come and go, the post will be deleted when the contract is over. If she chooses to change direction, old sponsors who don't fit in the new brand won't haunt her. And her YT stays clean from ads.

Steph, you need a new fridge. Choose the one you like and contact the manufacturer. You don't need to own the thing, just ask them to send you a 'sample' and you'll test it for a couple of years. Then time for a new fridge, or if you like it, you can buy it for yourself for a reduced price. You're saving patreon money this way. Also new phones, laptops, portable hard drives... don't buy anything that's worth nothing after a couple of years. Just ask for a sample, you'll advertise it on IG and you'll send them back after a year if they want them back (they won't.)

Gardening season is coming, don't use patreon money for a new lightweight wheelbarrow, hoses, hedge clippers... there's pretty decent garden sculptures at Finest quality cast stone | Haddonstone how about an urn on a pedestal? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Smart. IG collaborations will come and go, the post will be deleted when the contract is over. If she chooses to change direction, old sponsors who don't fit in the new brand won't haunt her. And her YT stays clean from ads.

Steph, you need a new fridge. Choose the one you like and contact the manufacturer. You don't need to own the thing, just ask them to send you a 'sample' and you'll test it for a couple of years. Then time for a new fridge, or if you like it, you can buy it for yourself for a reduced price. You're saving patreon money this way. Also new phones, laptops, portable hard drives... don't buy anything that's worth nothing after a couple of years. Just ask for a sample, you'll advertise it on IG and you'll send them back after a year if they want them back (they won't.)

Gardening season is coming, don't use patreon money for a new lightweight wheelbarrow, hoses, hedge clippers... there's pretty decent garden sculptures at Finest quality cast stone | Haddonstone how about an urn on a pedestal? 😂
SMEG would be paaarfect !

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm not sure if this comes across right. But blah blah had a cocktail party and whoever sent us these glasses is not a post companies pay for. I spill all over myself with other glasses like a hospitalised patient isnt either. If the post went on about how great these glasses are unique something that sells than it's paid for. Paid posts get approved by the company's advertising department. Sponored videos take longer to post because they get reviewed. Companies have a standard for payment. Small companies have been known to pay $100 for whatever kind of post. But the 5k a post is a whole other ball game.

Reactions: 2
Speaking of shopping at Lalande...
It always amazes me to see the Lalande family shopping at the local supermarket for their special events.

When you show your viewers all the luxuries in your life (clothes, fabric, travels, candles, etc etc), you would want to show them the finest food shops in your area (at least for your special occasions).

We know they exist in this corner of Berry : we saw the sweets-chocolates shop in the small town of La Châtre in one of the vlogs.

Sure there are good butchers, cheesemongers, épicerie fine in Châteauroux (the biggest town in the area) too.

Or is it a trick to show her viewers how simple their life is at Lalande ? 😜

Reactions: 13
She basically retreated to the Chateau as no better opportunities presented themselves.

Why would one offer her a post as LaLande florist?

Not even billionaires have live in florists. Who’s there to see them apart from us? She’s very ordinary on the flowers and offers little value to CD worthy of a salary. Mind you she’s great on cocktails !

As for a cook position. During lockdown and with only four residents, cooking would entail 2-3 hours daily even if doing weekly shop and the clean up. She doesn’t do other menial tasking.
I totally agree. Her flower arrangements are sad and pathetic. Nobody needs a live-in florist.
I would hire her as a mixologist or a cook, though!
I would love to watch her make cocktails on youtube, that would be much better than her flower arrangements...

Reactions: 6
Do you honestly think that she hasn't sponged enough? Perhaps do what most people do & BUY what she needs? Oh and she has a SMEG fridge already doesn't she?
I was being ironic of course 😉
The SMEG fridge in their kitchen has obsessed me since the very beginning of these vlogs as it was obvious that many American fans had no idea of the cost of it and believed her Poor Me story.

Reactions: 11
The SMEG fridge in their kitchen has obsessed me since the very beginning of these vlogs as it was obvious that many American fans had no idea of the cost of it and believed her Poor Me story.
even their kettle is a smeg. They’re like €150+ just for a kettle😒

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Or mummy's microwave and toaster. Thermomix $1500-$3k. American and Canada can get the same thing for $375. The recipes are rediculously expensive also. All that poor mouthing is just disgusting. She's going to reach a point where no one but the extremely gullible are going to buy her bs.

They cost around €1,200 - quite a lot of money for someone who doesn't work.

Yup! She also has the SMEG kettle, I spotted it in the tea corner, which costs around 150€. That's where the Patreon's money is going.
I'm so glad I am not one of her Patreons anymore.

Reactions: 10
I agree, I think Marie is totally unsuitable for a vlog, her followers mostly feel sorry for her. She could not hold my attention for more than a few seconds. If she leaves la la land, this will be a rude awakening... the followers will gradually fall away.
Remember Tomasz, I recall porky mitts, and potty advised him to start a channel and do patreon, he has now vanished. I admit I subscribed, but his vlogs had little content, and he was pushing the patreon, so I unsubscribed.(n)
Let us not forget why those who went originally to the chateau. They went to have a change of scene, a lifestyle change, time to collect their thoughts, make new friends, see the world. They didn't sign up to be part of the Stephanie Show where the dwindling cast numbers mean they have to perform for the camera. There are 2 'professional' performers in the cast (I use the term loosely) and so far they don't hold my attention either.

Reactions: 13
Before Brexit, UK was not in Schengen (if I'm right). Ireland is not in Schengen either.
Yet a lot of British and Irish people live (now the British have to get a residency card because of Brexit) in France / Spain / Italy under the European regulations.
We need an European law expert at Tattle ! 😂
UK and Ireland have never been in Schengen, but they've had a separate agreement with Schengen country citizens. The problem is the language, 'everybody' speaks English, and UK's colonial past. People from the former colonies (India, Pakistan, East Africa, Caribbean...) and countries outside Schengen (Poland, Baltic countries, Eastern Europe in general) need to be kept at bay. Once you're inside Schengen area, there's no more passport control. Illegal immigration is a big problem and English speaking countries are prime destinations because of the language and colonial past (big communities of countrymen already there.)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.