The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with you about her, even though I don't like her. She really did do a lot to modernize and create a revenue stream for the estate. I've mentioned that in another post a while back. She's just so full of herself, and she wasn't always like that. Her easy-going way was part of her charm and now she is totally unwatchable.

I believe it was mentioned before, but she was on Bravo's reality show "Ladies of London". It was sort of the Real Housewives version set in London and ran for a couple of seasons, I think. Pretty much the entire cast disliked her and felt she was a social climbing braggart. I felt sorry for her, as she was trying so hard to fit in and just didn't.
I found her to be interesting, at first, but then I really liked the videos that her Mother in law is talking and giving tours of their place, Castle, manor house- what ever the proper description is. She was cracking me up! Now that Julie, I snooped around, looked her up on the “Ladies” show- I couldn’t believe that was her- she looked so made up and artificial that I liked her better as she is without being made up. I don’t think she was catty enough for that bunch. Sorry to ramble on but I see where she is annoying- and I’m sure not liked by everyone- but to compare her with Fanny- I’d much rather watch a video of hers. She has more class in her pinky overall than SJ will ever have (like her or not- it’s true). Their Manor House is amazing/ and maintained- gosh it puts Fanny’s HMN where it belongs!!! Rather puts it to shame! 😬
* 😂😂😂 I do remember watching an episode/video in the Italian place she bought- about hanging out her wash on the line- going to buy clothes pins....and all of a sudden I thought- why am I watching someone hang out their wash that acts like it’s the most exciting thing ever??? Omg! That was a hoot/ realizing what I had just watched! Talk about content....😮🥱🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I am very familiar with what is wrong with her back. It’s basically caused by a great deal of stress and lack of any physical exercise. I’m going through a bout of sciatica right now. It’s all from stress. The stress of all these people coming and all of her lies and all of the work to be done and her mother being there.

Her back didn’t go “out”. Her stress levels reached critical mass.
I agree as someone who suffers from RA and Crohn’s disease I frequently have bouts of back pain when under severe stress. Unlike our grifting princess I still have to get up every day and go put in a hard days work, maybe I’ll win the lottery one day God willing

New York City salute to the queen tonight

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Why do the Maker and Manor duo kiss Fanny’s ass so much and do all sorts of favors and work for her? Do they not see who she really is, a shifty grifter? Or do they not care?
Air time for them?

Patrons day was the usual crappy, last minute, screwed up rush job by Fanny. She had months to plan the extravaganza but, as usual, waited until the last minute, and created chaos.

She didn’t plan for a place for the Patrons to eat or gather after she rejected the idea of them dining inside her main dump. She rejected Dan’s idea of renting outdoor structures for the Patrons because she is cheap as hell.

Who knows where she got the table and chairs. I wonder if she had them stacked up at the Dump and used them previously at the wedding and for the musical groups who stayed and ate at the Dump. Of course, she couldn’t wash and use her good china, so she scrounged up Davy’s parents china to use. She couldn’t iron the tablecloths, and couldn’t even dive into her collection to provide tablecloths, instead foolishly grabbing expensive quilting material to get someone to hastily make a tablecloth for a table.

Fanny has loads of vases. What do the Patrons get? Scraggly flowers jammed into left over empty wine bottles grabbed from the latest party weekend at the Dump.

She has the Douche Lord frantically driving hour and hours to get free wine at the last minute.
The garage was half assed partially cleared at the last minute for a lunch area for the Patrons.
Fanny relied on everyone else to do all the heavy lifting with the crappy Patron Days celebration. It is just another half assed effort from Fanny the little orphan princess. How pissed would she be if she was offered the same accommodations when she visited the other chateau owners?
As someone else said, why weren’t they eating inside in one of the newly renovated areas? It didn’t make sense to me. I thought it was quite half assed. And why bring Marie back to do the flowers? At least she wasn’t cooking the food. And it seemed as though everyone had a bra on. Including BJJ? He could qualify for a training bra. But those heeled boots of his…. I wonder what he’ll do when they wear out.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Hi Fellow Tattlers! Long time "lurker" here, from the US(Portland, OR). Like many, I came here after Michael's "meltdown". But hey, don't judge as I still like MP, and I'm really enjoying brother Billy's vlogs. Anyway, I posted on the Chateau Dairies vlog, after watching tonight. It's late, my 9-5, is more like 7-6. As always, I was extremely disappointed, not surprisingly. Any guesses as to how long my post stays up! I'll buy the winner an IPA(we don't do MillerLite in the PNW). Stay true and keep the scrutiny coming! I may post again. We'll see. Depends how much Phi Phi annoys me, if and when, I chose to endure the CD again!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I 100% agree with you on all accounts. I suspect Fanny put out her back while awkwardly dancing in the kitchen. She popped a painkiller, yet gleefully exclaimed upon Snorts' return from LaGorce that they would need to sample the wine. Alcohol and pain? That is sooo Lalande!

Suspect they forgot about the wine until last minute, and may have gotten a deal from the vinters at LaGorce (with the help of Anna and Edd, who don't actually own the vineyard) for publicity, as they were certain to show its label often.

That garage was a literal hot mess. They did not even remove the old doors- with a team, it could have been done in an hour. Even Dan had suggested renting a few gazebos, but oh no, Fanny wanted to keep it on the cheap. Hence, Maria had to come up with something last minute with random folding tables, and junk from storage. Do they not even own a leaf blower? They could have had those floors clean in a half hour.

Once again, hiring the 90s porcelain would have cost money. It would have taken a good day to properly clean those teapots, cups and saucers, so suspect it was not done. Yuck.

Andie and Potts- wow, what entrepreneurs they are. I guess they saw an opportunity to make a little bank on the side- had they given trinkets to the guests, perhaps some would have been more inclined to buy something. Meanwhile, Pavlina, who was probably embarrassed there was nothing to give the Patrons, concocted some sketchy herbal tea to gift the Patrons. Fanny would have been better served holding on to all of those teacups and saucers she donated a few months ago to Emmaus and put a cup and matching saucer in each bag. I also agree 100% with @Jules100 on the CLL lanyards- it would have made them feel a bit more appreciated.

Sarah was a champ- I don't care what anyone says, I like her. She saw something needed to be done (Fanny would have just put the raw fabric on the table), and hemmed tablecloths out of very dear fabric to her best ability without complaining. Shrek also stepped in to help peel potatoes and do heavy lifting. The fact they did not release a video today shows they have class.

I found the woodburners ironic, as Fanny stated Snorts and she would be snug this winter. I suppose the rest of the inhabitants of the Shitoo would be crowded around the sole one in the Marquis' Salon until that is rented out.

Potts' apartment was an odd one too- suspect it was let out for a small fortune. Patron Day isn't going to pay for itself!

The tribute to Her Majesty was abysmal.
I thought she mentioned in another vlog that the wood burns were not allowed in the bedrooms, so then why is she all of a sudden allowed to have one?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I thought she mentioned in another vlog that the wood burns were not allowed in the bedrooms, so then why is she all of a sudden allowed to have one?
I seem to recall it's because she didn't want to spoil the original look of the fireplaces.

Reactions: 12
I looked up previous videos. 2yrs ago she explained the cost of heating the shitoo. They decided on geothermal heating because, living by herself, it wasn't practical for her to be chopping wood. Fast forward to 2022, she now has "volunteers" to do that slave labor for her!

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I don't like her at all, but have to give props where they are due. The Montagues have dwindled their assets away (an example of wealthy inheriting wealth but did nothing at all to do anything to increase revenues- just a bored bunch of aristocrats squandering what they've inherited.) Julie is quite clever and determined- she married into an aristocracy, but had done whatever she could to earn additional revenue (I do not think appearing on a Real Housewives show is a positive thing for an aristocratic family, but earned her some cash to help pay for things like the long neglected leaking roof), giving yoga retreats and opening the home for nickel public tours. I do think Julie has ended up being their financial savior with her ideas, despite entering the marriage as a divorcee with 2 children and she is enamoured with being the Lady of the house. She is a still a bogan who is milking the cash cow for every drop, and trying to live a more affluent life than she has. Sad state of reality- they depend on others through Patron and the visitors to fund their lifestyle.
That’s my feeling, that the Viscountess has way more going for her than SJ ever will- like her or not she’s a smart cookie!!! She’s crafty (as in using her noggin) but in a different way than SJ and her clan are. She does have family values AND a family/ which is more than we can ever say about Fanny.

What a day. First, paying respects to QEII--may she Rest In Peace and may God grant all who loved her comfort. What a life she lived--I have nothing but respect for her. Several have mentioned that Prince William is now the Prince of Wales... doesn't he have to be invested? I was under the impression that it is not a title that is automatically inherited, nor is it one handed out to every heir to the throne. Please enlighten me on this. Next, I have to agree that my fellow American, Julie Montague, is annoying as hell. I can't stand the exaggerated speech and the "Lit-rally" that comes out of her mouth non-stop. Bad job representing us honey. People seem to find the constant interrupting between her and her husband charming--I can't stand it. It's rude and ridiculous. They act like children. She also needs to stop with the breathless speech. Shut up already, Julie, American Whatever. You make me cringe.
About Prince William’s title now- I read he and Kate are now the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall- possibly reflected on their social media now (I haven’t followed that). And Prince Charles became King Charles III with QEII passing and it will be made official with his coronation (and Camilla will be Queen Consort).
*I’m just paraphrasing what I read this afternoon- no way I would know any of this otherwise. I do find the Royals to be fascinating and wish to learn more about the English history. Honestly I am not all up on that unless you count watching 2 seasons of “The Crown”. 😉

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
A 19 bedroom chateau, yet no room inside the inn to feed the patrons. The garage or "hangar is Fanny's decision regardless of Dan's opinion, which Mummy agreed with. Maria you are a twit.

• Heart
Vale Her Majesty 🥲

Well. I think a big thank you to Chloe for supplying such damning evidence of the tit, unfinished jobs at the tit'o

Picture 1. Yes, it is a doorstop. A big clunky stainless steel and rubber band doorstop. Available at most Brico shops in France.

Picture 2 & 3. Do indeed look like hospitality fresh wipes. No doubt picked up by fanny at her many hotel visits. We all know she's a cheap date and wouldn't fork out for some nice ones. I'm convinced there is no water supply to that sink.

Picture 6. Are you sure that's not a sex toy from the Duck Store? A popular shop in France... (Don't think it's officially listed as that. There's one in Beziers and one in Montpellier. Pretty sure there are more.)

Picture 6, 7 and 8. If he wasn't dead I would've believed that my father-in-law painted those skirting boards. He always managed the undercoat but forgot about the top coat. Just can't be arsed slovenly.

Picture 7. Probably muguet (lily of the valley) air freshener. Very popular in public toilets which is probably where it was nicked from.

Picture 9. Nothing more to add @Jules100

Picture 10. I'm gagging. They prepare meals for paying guests in this space. They must have cockroaches, mice (probably rats) ants etc. Bref, that kitchen must literally be crawling.
I thought some of the pix showed damp patches on the ridiculously expensive wallpaper? Were they shadows?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
@Clara Burnett I’m curious to know if the potential danger has been brought up before by friends and Stephanie has chosen to deliberately ignore this?
I wasn't going to post today as the past few days have really drawn all life out of me and honestly: there are more important things to commemorate at the moment. But then Stephanie Jarvis decided there's no time like the present to keep the lies afloat, so here we are. There was no last-minute-found architect/expert. Stephanie Jarvis has known about the dangerous state of her chapel for ages, but just hasn't cared. Like she said i her outrageously filled with lies vlog she should have retracted yesterday, she was going to allow patrons to enter the chapel "at their own risk". Her mother dis not find an expert, but repeated her husband Percy's words to her daughter that allowing patrons to enter would not just be irresponsible, but would open her up to liability.
It would take me many post to debunk all the other lies she told about the patron days and how she is going to spin this in her favor, or at least she's going to try. But seriously, now is not the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I wasn't going to post today as the past few days have really drawn all life out of me and honestly: there are more important things to commemorate at the moment. But then Stephanie Jarvis decided there's no time like the present to keep the lies afloat, so here we are. There was no last-minute-found architect/expert. Stephanie Jarvis has known about the dangerous state of her chapel for ages, but just hasn't cared. Like she said i her outrageously filled with lies vlog she should have retracted yesterday, she was going to allow patrons to enter the chapel "at their own risk". Her mother dis not find an expert, but repeated her husband Percy's words to her daughter that allowing patrons to enter would not just be irresponsible, but would open her up to liability.
It would take me many post to debunk all the other lies she told about the patron days and how she is going to spin this in her favor, or at least she's going to try. But seriously, now is not the time.
I don’t think there ever was an architect or engineer that looked at the chapel since the restorer “quit”. I think he “quit” a long time ago due to the structural issues and was waiting to get paid for what he did in his shop. There’s no way she’s had an architect in the last couple weeks without showing it. What an idiot to film and publish yourself lying. Good God.

The only reason no one went in there was Percy, because he’s an experienced businessman with some common sense. Princess Stephanie doesn’t know how to evaluate risk obviously, because her whole existence is flouting common sense in pursuit of whatever pleases her.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Hi Fellow Tattlers! Long time "lurker" here, from the US(Portland, OR). Like many, I came here after Michael's "meltdown". But hey, don't judge as I still like MP, and I'm really enjoying brother Billy's vlogs. Anyway, I posted on the Chateau Dairies vlog, after watching tonight. It's late, my 9-5, is more like 7-6. As always, I was extremely disappointed, not surprisingly. Any guesses as to how long my post stays up! I'll buy the winner an IPA(we don't do MillerLite in the PNW). Stay true and keep the scrutiny coming! I may post again. We'll see. Depends how much Phi Phi annoys me, if and when, I chose to endure the CD again!
welcome and a great comment

• Heart
Reactions: 10
What an idiot to film and publish yourself lying. Good God.
Exactly. Having now met some of her fans (mostly lower tier; she has made more private arrangements for the ones that pay the most) I can honestly say though: she's not even the biggest lamebrain of them all.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Fanny didn’t care because the fabric was free. It was incredibly disrespectful towards the person who gifted her the expensive quilting fabric to have it chopped up into hastily made tablecloths to be used for 3 days in a dirty garage and likely discarded. They do have dozens of tablecloths at their disposal but Fanny and the porcelain fondler are too lazy and selfish to use “their” tablecloths on the riff riff Patrons that pay for all the luxuries they enjoy.

Do you think Fanny paid for the wine or got it for free as”product placement” in upcoming videos? There was no need for the wine as Fanny has a couple of years worth of wine already at the Dump. She did not want to dip into her own alcohol stash to provide for the Patrons.
You can be sure if Snorts drove all that time, it was for a freebie..

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I don’t think there ever was an architect or engineer that looked at the chapel since the restorer “quit”. I think he “quit” a long time ago due to the structural issues and was waiting to get paid for what he did in his shop. There’s no way she’s had an architect in the last couple weeks without showing it. What an idiot to film and publish yourself lying. Good God.

The only reason no one went in there was Percy, because he’s an experienced businessman with some common sense. Princess Stephanie doesn’t know how to evaluate risk obviously, because her whole existence is flouting common sense in pursuit of whatever pleases her.
Interesting to see how easily she lies though. This one is the most blatant,,, getting sloppy.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.