The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree ..... Sarah hemmed the darn things!
Shrek did a lot of work for her too........ the Squirrel got in a car and flew off to the wine seller and I bet he had a look around the town and a coffee and cake as he did not want to come back early and help more!!!

As for "Shaggers Back" .... that witch did Nothing at all !
I don't know why they just didn't use the tablecloths they have, they must have 100's of them.. Sarah did a great job but I felt it unecessary when they have some many tablecloths already.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I agree ..... Sarah hemmed the darn things!
Shrek did a lot of work for her too........ the Squirrel got in a car and flew off to the wine seller and I bet he had a look around the town and a coffee and cake as he did not want to come back early and help more!!!

As for "Shaggers Back" .... that witch did Nothing at all !
Fanny simply did a lot of faffing about, whining. It was her volunteer staff and friends who actually did all of the heavy lifting (literally!) Snorts came back smelling like an Egg McMuffin with a boot full of wine.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
At one point SJ called Steve, "Disney hero". Does she call her so called friends tattle nicknames? You would surely treat your 'friends' better... surely.
That was just after she insulted him by calling him “the biggest man in Lalande”. She was grasping at straws.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I have never liked her. She is too crass and strikes me as a royal-chaser. I will give her credit where it is due- she does a great job at managing their estate, and has brought in much-needed revenue to maintain the upkeep (they are not as wealthy as one might think), but I find her incredibly annoying and without class.
Rexy........ I would love to see her with Meghan Markle .... they are both cut from the same cloth !

Social Climbers who Must have centre of attention ...... in fact .....lets drop in Fanny and make it a threesome.... so entertaining I would sell tickets for it !

I would be so rich I could buy a Chateau! Nuh..... Chateau's are "So Last Year" ...... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Rexy........ I would love to see her with Meghan Markle .... they are both cut from the same cloth !

Social Climbers who Must have centre of attention ...... in fact .....lets drop in Fanny and make it a threesome.... so entertaining I would sell tickets for it !

I would be so rich I could buy a Chateau! Nuh..... Chateau's are "So Last Year" ...... :ROFLMAO:
Can you imagine a room with Meghan, Fanny, Julie Montague AND Ollie's Camilla all at the same time?!? Dear lord, 57 bottles of LaGorce's finest swill wouldn't do justice!

• Haha
  • Heart
You shouldn't worry about that. Her tribute to the Queen was just a disgusting appendix, with no empathy or feelings whatsoever. The sept gathered in the Marquis apartment to... sing (yes sing) God Save the Queen. Maria playing the piano, Sir Snorts reading the words on his phone, and really nobody cared. Gross Amaury's father vomit inducing with his Hip hurrah at the end. It was just a bit plasterd at the end.
BUT the vlog is worth watching, because it shows what REALLY the garage looked like. It is way, way much worse that one would even imagine from the pictures we saw. Filthy, dusty, covered in cobwebs, the floor dangerously uneaven, wood stocked on the walls, a total mess. I would have been ashamed to even show it to my guests, just imagine eat there.
Only a few tables hastily set up. Snorty and Princess Royal doing absolutely nothing while all the others slaved away. I can tell you that their bunch was much larger in number than the Patreons'.
Then the best part!
1) Potty got some of his photos which he had ready to sell to the Patreons.
2) The Princess announced that some architect or whatever came that day and inspected the chapel and... hear folk, he told her that nobody should go into it because it is really dangerous and could collapse any time. And... he will give her a quote for restauration.
Weee, milking more money from the grannies. When showing them the chapel from the entrance, she surely must have told them what the architect said, so they will open their purses a little more.
Soo Lalalande.
Did you spy any evidence the barn was cleaned at all? Walls, floor, sweep? I did not.

Reactions: 20
Plus the terrible waste of high class fabrics seemed to be for naught as the photos only show one and other tables had unironed old tablecloths. Does mean the sewist was not a good table measurist?
I have no concept of fabric or wallpaper I do know that expensive wallpaper expensive fabrics and expensive anything while the outside walls are crumbling is ridiculous but that’s just common sense

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yep, if you watch the latest, Fiona cut it all up and hemmed it into tablecloths... she was proud of her diagonal corners too... :( What a terrible waste of the most gorgeous quilting cotton, and all those table cloths they already have in the attic.. Shameful
Fanny didn’t care because the fabric was free. It was incredibly disrespectful towards the person who gifted her the expensive quilting fabric to have it chopped up into hastily made tablecloths to be used for 3 days in a dirty garage and likely discarded. They do have dozens of tablecloths at their disposal but Fanny and the porcelain fondler are too lazy and selfish to use “their” tablecloths on the riff riff Patrons that pay for all the luxuries they enjoy.

Do you think Fanny paid for the wine or got it for free as”product placement” in upcoming videos? There was no need for the wine as Fanny has a couple of years worth of wine already at the Dump. She did not want to dip into her own alcohol stash to provide for the Patrons.

• Heart
I am absolutely disgusted with both Fanny and Julie Montague's poor taste in using Her Majesty's death as fodder for their vlogs. Fanny would have been better served to keep her vlog as it was, and release a separate 1 minute vlog explaining the Queen's passing. Singing "God Save the Queen" AFTER her passing?!? Don't even get me started on The Bogan American Vicountess- it was more of a self-promotion. :mad:
I have said this before, but I cannot stand Julie Montague. When I saw this morning that she had posted a vlog about the Queen I was pissed. So disrespectful. Several days ago, I fast forwarded through two of her vlogs. One, where they finally got their ancient pool restored and were taking a swim in it and then a more recent one with some dire "this is bad" wording on the thumbnail.......turns out they had a leak in a pipe and didn't have water for a day or something. I think her husband said the entire village had no water.....I don't know if using the word "village" meant just their estate or not - let's be honest, The Earl of Sandwich's estate is huge..

What really surprised me was that her husband, who does play a somewhat prominent role in her vlogs (which ones, I don't know, as she has more than one stupid channel), was the one begging for Patreon money! I was shocked. He did it not once on the same video, but twice! And I think she may have come back and done a drive-by at it at the end! I was fast forwarding a lot, and saw her talking and then there was the overlay about how to become a Patron. So, I've just watched them redo their ancient pool, I've seen her buy and restore/redecorate an apartment in Italy during the pandemic, I think she may have had an Aubusson tapestry restored or was at least thinking about it, as she toured the factory.........and they are asking people to become Patrons to help restore the ancestral home? I am fully aware that the cost to maintain these homes is high and that tax is also high, for all of the people who have inherited them. But come on! Did you need your circa 1800 - or however old it was - nasty pool redone just at this moment? They have a restaurant, I believe they do weddings or events there, they have a gift shop, they do tours of the estate....what else could people possibly do to help support these guys?

Grrrrrr......I've tried my best to be kind today. Sorry to have just lost it. I can't stand this woman, though! I just find her speech affected (and she's from Chicago!) and feel she is probably one of the most self-absorbed people on the planet. Lit-rally (that's how she says it, 20 times a minute - so annoying).

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Horrible vlog, horrible woman! every time there’s work to do her back goes out, conveniently it looked fine when she was jigging around the kitchen. And the tattlers were right they didn’t clean the barn just set up the tables in all that dirt 🤢 why do they always arrive at other people château’s at 3 in the morning? I almost choked when she said that. One thing for sure, both she and PhiPhi are allergic to work!

I was writing my response at the same time but you said everything I was thinking so eloquently 💓
Fanny arrives at 3 am because she is rude, entitled, and only thinks about herself. She can wake people up, be the center of attention, and do the fake” I am so busy we had to dash in the middle of the night and made it at 3 a.m.” Fanny loves drama and causing people inconvenience. It makes her feel important and powerful to screw with people in any way possible. She gets a rush out of it

I have said this before, but I cannot stand Julie Montague. When I saw this morning that she had posted a vlog about the Queen I was pissed. So disrespectful. Several days ago, I fast forwarded through two of her vlogs. One, where they finally got their ancient pool restored and were taking a swim in it and then a more recent one with some dire "this is bad" wording on the thumbnail.......turns out they had a leak in a pipe and didn't have water for a day or something. I think her husband said the entire village had no water.....I don't know if using the word "village" meant just their estate or not - let's be honest, The Earl of Sandwich's estate is huge..

What really surprised me was that her husband, who does play a somewhat prominent role in her vlogs (which ones, I don't know, as she has more than one stupid channel), was the one begging for Patreon money! I was shocked. He did it not once on the same video, but twice! And I think she may have come back and done a drive-by at it at the end! I was fast forwarding a lot, and saw her talking and then there was the overlay about how to become a Patron. So, I've just watched them redo their ancient pool, I've seen her buy and restore/redecorate an apartment in Italy during the pandemic, I think she may have had an Aubusson tapestry restored or was at least thinking about it, as she toured the factory.........and they are asking people to become Patrons to help restore the ancestral home? I am fully aware that the cost to maintain these homes is high and that tax is also high, for all of the people who have inherited them. But come on! Did you need your circa 1800 - or however old it was - nasty pool redone just at this moment? They have a restaurant, I believe they do weddings or events there, they have a gift shop, they do tours of the estate....what else could people possibly do to help support these guys?

Grrrrrr......I've tried my best to be kind today. Sorry to have just lost it. I can't stand this woman, though! I just find her speech affected (and she's from Chicago!) and feel she is probably one of the most self-absorbed people on the planet. Lit-rally (that's how she says it, 20 times a minute - so annoying).
I agree. She is incredibly self important and extremely annoying.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Fanny didn’t care because the fabric was free. It was incredibly disrespectful towards the person who gifted her the expensive quilting fabric to have it chopped up into hastily made tablecloths to be used for 3 days in a dirty garage and likely discarded. They do have dozens of tablecloths at their disposal but Fanny and the porcelain fondler are too lazy and selfish to use “their” tablecloths on the riff riff Patrons that pay for all the luxuries they enjoy.

Do you think Fanny paid for the wine or got it for free as”product placement” in upcoming videos? There was no need for the wine as Fanny has a couple of years worth of wine already at the Dump. She did not want to dip into her own alcohol stash to provide for the Patrons.
They kept saying thanks to Anna and Ed, If you had to pay why would you travel 18 hours no it definitely was free for it to be worth squirrel to drive all the way there

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
They kept saying thanks to Anna and Ed, If you had to pay why would you travel 18 hours no it definitely was free for it to be worth squirrel to drive all the way there
I wonder why they were thanking Ed and Anna? They only own the chateau, not the winery. Ed’s mentioned that several times in their vlogs.

Reactions: 17
I have never liked her. She is too crass and strikes me as a royal-chaser. I will give her credit where it is due- she does a great job at managing their estate, and has brought in much-needed revenue to maintain the upkeep (they are not as wealthy as one might think), but I find her incredibly annoying and without class.
I agree with you about her, even though I don't like her. She really did do a lot to modernize and create a revenue stream for the estate. I've mentioned that in another post a while back. She's just so full of herself, and she wasn't always like that. Her easy-going way was part of her charm and now she is totally unwatchable.

I believe it was mentioned before, but she was on Bravo's reality show "Ladies of London". It was sort of the Real Housewives version set in London and ran for a couple of seasons, I think. Pretty much the entire cast disliked her and felt she was a social climbing braggart. I felt sorry for her, as she was trying so hard to fit in and just didn't.

Reactions: 12
So for Patron Days, Fanny grifted

The tablecloth material
The photos of the Dump
The wine
The tea ( thru Pavlina’s efforts which Fanny dismissively marginalized by not knowing the ingredients)
Tons of free help from Maker and Manner
Made dried lavender from plants paid for by Patrons

Then sold or tried to sell them
Lunch
Potts photos
PhiPhi crap from his crap store
Andie’s wares

She then grifted help from
Her aunt and uncle
Brother Gerry
Mummy and Percy
Kat, Marie,
The volunteers
Potts

She put Patrons in a dirty garage with crappy flowers stuck in old wine bottles.She spent little to no money on the Patrons who may have spent thousands to travel to the Dump. She spent more money on her second hand designer dress than she spent on the Patrons and she doesn’t give a tit. It is all about her and money.

I don’t think she hurt her back. I think it is another made up ploy to give the impression that she worked so tirelessly that she injured her back and wants sympathy and attention. Poor little victim Fanny, she needs a rest and vacation now. So predictable.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 37

I don't like her at all, but have to give props where they are due. The Montagues have dwindled their assets away (an example of wealthy inheriting wealth but did nothing at all to do anything to increase revenues- just a bored bunch of aristocrats squandering what they've inherited.) Julie is quite clever and determined- she married into an aristocracy, but had done whatever she could to earn additional revenue (I do not think appearing on a Real Housewives show is a positive thing for an aristocratic family, but earned her some cash to help pay for things like the long neglected leaking roof), giving yoga retreats and opening the home for nickel public tours. I do think Julie has ended up being their financial savior with her ideas, despite entering the marriage as a divorcee with 2 children and she is enamoured with being the Lady of the house. She is a still a bogan who is milking the cash cow for every drop, and trying to live a more affluent life than she has. Sad state of reality- they depend on others through Patron and the visitors to fund their lifestyle.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.