The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Patrons pay thousands monthly and yet people are turning up to sell their tat to take even more of their money.
I wish she would sing normally. You just can't sing the national anthem in Opera. twit.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
It was obviously a garage sale! Pavlinas tea, Andys paintings, Potts photographs,, Snorts second hand shop, Hope the patrons took their purses to the 'free' event

• Haha
  • Sick
Here's the Times of London obit. They might let you read it for free.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I wonder, how many Brits will sing the National Anthem wrong in the next months/years, always being used to sing "God save the Queen" and now it's "God save the King". As for over 70 years now they have never sung anything but "Queen"

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Thank you so much for your book recommendation…. and also, it is truly humbling to read what you have endured ..May God bless you.
Thank you 💓 May God bless you and us all. These are hard, although interesting times.

I totally agree, Wilde was 100% the victim at the hand of Bosie. Who, imho, was also the victim of a dysfunctional family dynamic himself. Sins of thy father springs to my mind - or more simply put, we learn by example!
Ok, my friend's books are featured here on Amazon :
Amazon.com: Jackson MacKenzie: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle
Hope it helps.
Take care. :love:
Thank you for your suggestions! 💓 Yes, Bosie too was a victim of a horrible father and his brother took his life. But this is not enough to justify what he did to Oscar. He was vain, selfish, incredibly cruel.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
There are no words to describe how bloody awful that vlog was. The tribute to the late Queen Elizabeth II was at the end of this piece of tit and was offensive and tasteless with it’s hip hip hoorays. A more fitting tribute would either have been to postpone this vlog to another day or to start the vlog with remembrance of the late queen in a respectful way.

Her total lack of ability to read the room makes me so cross.

Why leave the buying of the wine for the bit of a do until 2 days before it starts?
How convenient when there is work to do Fanny’s back suffers a relapse. Too much dancing with your tits out in the kitchen can do that to you.
How many people are selling their wares to the gullible patreons during the event.
Why was the cream wood burner lugged into the marquis’s suite when previously she said the racing green one was going there. Not that that the green would have looked good but not looking good is a recurring theme at the shittoo.
Fanny is gifted yet another treasure from an unknown Dutch man whose late wife was the artist who painted it.
She obviously never had any intention of hiring a marquee that she claimed she would when she first announced the event as the day before it’s due to start Dan is suggesting that they get 2 pergolas for people to shelter under if it rains.
BUT and here’s a puzzler she did buy hard hats for the patreons to wear if they went into the chapel. Why the duck would she do this when NOTHING else was bought or planned for until the day before.
There is so much that could be said about the whole vlog with the usual leaving everything to the last minute when this event has been on their calendar for months, but I’ll stop as really there are more pressing things to contemplate on this fateful day.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
I wake up to a very sad morning .

Vale Your Majesty , Queen Elizabeth 11.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
View attachment 1563184
Thanks, but I guess I meant to say to zoom in on the people so we can see more clearly who is in the group
I saw this on the Escape to Chateau page this morning. I was suprised it wasn't deleted.

And how do we know these are actually patrons. Could be friends and acquaintances roped in to swell the numbers. I'll be sceptical about anything this group of malingerers do until I see evidence.
Frankly, the alleged guests are their sponsors and I can tell you now that if I had to entertain my sponsors I'd go to a lot more effort than was put into in this case. SJ and her enablers should be ashamed of themselves. Oh, and by the way. I used to cater events and functions so I have some background in this.
It could be the local villagers for all we know! lol

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
CD ought to have STARTED with a tribute to Queen Elizabeth II.
I totally agree but as always it started with fanny in bed!! Poor thing done her back in but then lifted a painting and seemed to be fine, obviously delegating everything to her minions. I nearly fell off my chair when I heard her saying that andi and then potty would be selling their prints to the patrons makes me wanna throw up! 🤢 Then she starts laughing hysterically about not knowing what herbs were in pavlinas tea sachets. What a disgusting human being no empathy for patrons who've travelled worldwide to see the shittshow to be put in such an awful place for lunch and then asked to pay, I'm so disgusted and angry. 😡

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
Armed with a strong coffee I watched the latest CD offer............ I have no words for the last part .... it was so lousy and cheap. I could not find one person who was genuine about it .
As for the Hip hip hooray ....... that was started by Bun Boys Dad!!! So distasteful !!!

• Angry
  • Sick
Queen's straight skinny obit.
She was not born to the throne, but bravely shouldered the responsibility when her uncle abdicated. And later when her father died, far too young, as she said, exhausted by his ordeal as a stutterer, too many cigarettes, and World War II. The card Churchill wrote for George VI's funeral wreath had two words on it: For Valour, the inscription on the Victoria Cross awarded for valor "in the face of the enemy."
She was scandalously undereducated, on her mother's Victorian principles concerning the education of women. This enforced lack of purpose in life led to the tragedy of Princess Margaret's life, similarly educated, but with no work.
Elizabeth II had only one choice to make in her life, that of a consort. No one could have made a better choice. Motherless from the age of 8, exiled, sleeping in wealthy relatives' spare rooms when he was not in boarding school, Philip could not have had a more difficult childhood. Nor could he have been tougher having survived it. He was alone in a way only a sovereign can be, and she got it. So did he.
She loved him, and he was at her side for 73 years. She once praised him with the words St. Ambrose used to praise God:
O strength and stay upholding all creation,
who ever dost thyself unmoved abide,
yet day by day the light in due gradation
from hour to hour through all its changes guide....

Widowed at a young age, her mother found it impossible to give up the airs, graces, palaces, and expenditure of a Queen. Assiduously, she promoted her husband's legacy to the new 25-year-old sovereign, including promotion of the Commonwealth, and many other habits Elizabeth the younger may have been OCD about. Her discredited governess, Miss Crawford, noticed something like that in the little girl and it never went away under Crawfie's watch. The Queen Mother pushed her husband's old ways on the new monarch, not least to keep her own hand in and her exorbitant bills paid. She was an implacable enemy of Camilla Parker Bowles, and visibly favored William over Harry when the children were invited to tea. It was only three years after her death Charles was moved to propose to his long time mistress.
Elizabeth II is the only person in history to have had weekly talks with 15 British prime ministers, from Churchill (b.1874) to Truss, born 101 years later in 1975. The manner and degree to which Elizabeth was able to form United Kingdom policy through her advice to prime ministers will be the measure of her legacy. And the politicians who are the only other witnesses to the exchange are certainly inclined to minimize her power and influence. This will be because she is a woman -- she told William it was thought she could not function as monarch as a young woman, and she lived long enough to make it her business to make them eat their words. Hopefully, her own diaries and testimony, embargoed until her death, will reveal the true story, and with it the future of the British monarchy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Interesting QEII quote: "No institution… should expect to be free from the scrutiny of those who give it their loyalty and support, not to mention those who don't."
I think she was talking about Fanny and Lalande.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
My fear is that she will capitalize on the passing of the Queen. I won't be watching. I couldn't stand if she pretended to care, or worse, identify with the Queen in some horribly distorted way. It's not beyond her.
You shouldn't worry about that. Her tribute to the Queen was just a disgusting appendix, with no empathy or feelings whatsoever. The sept gathered in the Marquis apartment to... sing (yes sing) God Save the Queen. Maria playing the piano, Sir Snorts reading the words on his phone, and really nobody cared. Gross Amaury's father vomit inducing with his Hip hurrah at the end. It was just a bit plasterd at the end.
BUT the vlog is worth watching, because it shows what REALLY the garage looked like. It is way, way much worse that one would even imagine from the pictures we saw. Filthy, dusty, covered in cobwebs, the floor dangerously uneaven, wood stocked on the walls, a total mess. I would have been ashamed to even show it to my guests, just imagine eat there.
Only a few tables hastily set up. Snorty and Princess Royal doing absolutely nothing while all the others slaved away. I can tell you that their bunch was much larger in number than the Patreons'.
Then the best part!
1) Potty got some of his photos which he had ready to sell to the Patreons.
2) The Princess announced that some architect or whatever came that day and inspected the chapel and... hear folk, he told her that nobody should go into it because it is really dangerous and could collapse any time. And... he will give her a quote for restauration.
Weee, milking more money from the grannies. When showing them the chapel from the entrance, she surely must have told them what the architect said, so they will open their purses a little more.
Soo Lalalande.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
How outrageously stupid is Stephanie Jarvis that she couldn’t see for herself that the chapel is in such a precarious condition that setting foot into it could of endangered lives? I’m genuinely shocked at the ignorant stupidity.
We Tartlets here, have pointed out the danger for months and nothing has been done to secure it from further ruin. The hard hats… unspeakable damage could have been caused to people’s lives and she thinks a hard hat is sufficient protection… scary.
@Clara Burnett I’m curious to know if the potential danger has been brought up before by friends and Stephanie has chosen to deliberately ignore this?
I don’t believe for one moment she has insurance on that building. My grandparents own a large home with a few structurally unsafe areas in the grounds involving a river and to continue their insurance cover in the UK I know they have repeated structural reports conducted maybe every 10/15 years to evaluate the condition. It further highlights what other sinister structural discrepancies are going on under that roof. I’ve pointed out those gaping fissures in the battlements and that’s just what we can see… My advice would be to get the hell out until a comprehensive structural survey is completed.

And the national anthem at the end of the flog in a Prada Autumn/Winter 2012 dress… performative much like the rest of her life.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I managed to watch Fannies latest vlog...

Fanny is having backproblems again...they always seem to occure when work is involved...

Snort is driving 19 hours to get 54 bottles of la gorce wine....well when i need wine for an event i order it a few weeks in advance...they deliver it at our place...I wonder if he had to meet somebody along the way.. 🙄 At least she wanted us to know the patreons didnt get boxed wine...

That garage wasnt cleaned out...not even sweeped out...let alone get rid of the peacockshit on the beams and those old doors...the oil out of that rotten jag still on the floor...:eek: the state that garage is in....who dares to invite people there..the tents were too expensive offcourse...just get out some old dirty tables...put some cloth over it...some nasty chairs...and off we go...what an insult..

Sarah had to sew and iron the tablecloths the day before....🙄 oh my ...the planning is like everyting at lalande...a mess..

They didnt want to hire 90s porcelaine...no...a mismatch of old Emaus crap is more Lalande style...i hope they cleaned out those teapots..the thought of it alone makes me puke...yuk..

Andie and Potts had to make a few bucks...disgusting...how to rip out more money out of peoples pocket...And that dutch guy needed advertising for his wifes paintingauction on catawiki...you cant make it up...tasteless beyond meisure...

Our flowerkiller had a blast...a huge amount of flowers...which had probably cost a fortune these days..and for what?? she didnt make beautifull flowers for the tables?? just to put in the shittoo....probably to distract the attention of all the crappy renovations...

Those woodburners....one for her bedroom...the other in that pannelingroom....and one left for the rest....i guess still not a warm winter ahead..🙄

Why is potts in Bagheads cottage?? who has occupied his appartment...??

:eek:But the most disgusting part was the last....omg...if you cant make a decent tribute to The Queen....dont mention it at all...totally untastefull...no...everything has to turn around Fanny...or should i say...dressed in yellow....sunqueen Ludovica XIV...😨, bleh

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Horrible vlog, horrible woman! every time there’s work to do her back goes out, conveniently it looked fine when she was jigging around the kitchen. And the tattlers were right they didn’t clean the barn just set up the tables in all that dirt 🤢 why do they always arrive at other people château’s at 3 in the morning? I almost choked when she said that. One thing for sure, both she and PhiPhi are allergic to work!

I managed to watch Fannies latest vlog...

Fanny is having backproblems again...they always seem to occure when work is involved...

Snort is driving 19 hours to get 54 bottles of la gorce wine....well when i need wine for an event i order it a few weeks in advance...they deliver it at our place...I wonder if he had to meet somebody along the way.. 🙄 At least she wanted us to know the patreons didnt get boxed wine...

That garage wasnt cleaned out...not even sweeped out...let alone get rid of the peacockshit on the beams and those old doors...the oil out of that rotten jag still on the floor...:eek: the state that garage is in....who dares to invite people there..the tents were too expensive offcourse...just get out some old dirty tables...put some cloth over it...some nasty chairs...and off we go...what an insult..

Sarah had to sew and iron the tablecloths the day before....🙄 oh my ...the planning is like everyting at lalande...a mess..

They didnt want to hire 90s porcelaine...no...a mismatch of old Emaus crap is more Lalande style...i hope they cleaned out those teapots..the thought of it alone makes me puke...yuk..

Andie and Potts had to make a few bucks...disgusting...how to rip out more money out of peoples pocket...And that dutch guy needed advertising for his wifes paintingauction on catawiki...you cant make it up...tasteless beyond meisure...

Our flowerkiller had a blast...a huge amount of flowers...which had probably cost a fortune these days..and for what?? she didnt make beautifull flowers for the tables?? just to put in the shittoo....probably to distract the attention of all the crappy renovations...

Those woodburners....one for her bedroom...the other in that pannelingroom....and one left for the rest....i guess still not a warm winter ahead..🙄

Why is potts in Bagheads cottage?? who has occupied his appartment...??

:eek:But the most disgusting part was the last....omg...if you cant make a decent tribute to The Queen....dont mention it at all...totally untastefull...no...everything has to turn around Fanny...or should i say...dressed in yellow....sunqueen Ludovica XIV...😨, bleh
I was writing my response at the same time but you said everything I was thinking so eloquently 💓

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Fanny's back always goes out when there is work to do. When I have a sore back I can't climb stairs. She was up and down several.
Sarah made a lovely job of the hems of the table cloths, well done the mitred corners looked great.

A bit silly to sing God save the Queen, singing long live our gracious Queen when she is already dead doesn't sit right with me. Some other tribute would have been better, even just holding off the vlog for a day.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.