The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dear Billybudd, they are indeed. What you say is wonderful and so touching. Yes, home is where we all will go and come from, and we will reunite with our dear ones. I had many signs from my son, even incredible ones, that he was well and happy and will always be with us and guide us. Love never dies, death cannot break the bond of love that links the souls. I woul have so much to say about this subject, but I won't. Perhaps, one day, I will bring myself to write a book about it.

I've just known the Queen has died. It is the end of an era. Never liked the RF, but she was an exception. She was true to her duty till the end, perhaps not the best of mothers, who knows, but certainly a great queen for the country.
What she leaves behind is a mess of a family and of a country and a son who had to wait too long and perhaps is not fit to be a king.
We'll see.
Thank you so much for your book recommendation…. and also, it is truly humbling to read what you have endured ..May God bless you.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have loved the Royal family since I was a child and was so crazy about them when Will and Harry were born that my dream job was to be their nanny. I love the queen so much and I'm truly sad to the point of tears to hear she's passed. My condolences to all you Brits for whom this even more impact.
I am also fascinated by them since childhood because my mother who had no other purpose in life than working -not even her kids-came only two times early from work. One time when Tito died (president of Yougoslavija) and they showed his funeral and everyone was scared how things will go on in Yougoslavija and second time a year later when the wedding of Charles and Diana was shown. I was around 7 back then and remember this occasions so vividly and how I wondered why a wedding of two strangers was so important to be shown on TV and why people were excited. Also thought the whole wedding especially the dress was ridiculous.... Then later I recognised Diana's face on boulevard magazines and somehow thought she really must be somebody important and I should learn everything about her which I did reading in TV magazines 😂

I remember how I was shocked when I realised that most people ridicule royal fans and how nobody would admit to read those magazines "except when at the dentist". Caused more self doubt in a teenager than having acne though I never considered myself a fan, I just thought knowing all about royals was something basic one need to know 😂. Anyway now only château diaries and tattle are my secret guilty pleasures🥰😘

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Pardon my sarcastic humour, but the Queen promised lifelong service and today with her passing she eclipsed the attention on a self appointed Princess. RIP

Reactions: 16
Come come now!
They used the garage because it was Snorty's idea. No other explanation for it. And he would have been proud of his suggestion too; running breathless to Fanny, with his brilliant solution, and taking all the credit. She would have bestowed her most brilliant smile on her minion and gasping, hand to mouth said "Oh Philip! That's paaarfect!" Then they would have hurried hand in hand to inspect the area, kissed in the moonlight, gone back inside, and opened a bottle of the best whatever to celebrate and discuss logistics. Everyone would have been told of Philip's brilliant idea! Armoire would have been brought in to be told to move the Jag and Chloe been told to clean the space. Kat, and the Ukranian plus Kirsty would have pitched in to help clear this dumping ground... while Snorts stayed inside pouring over a seating arrangement chart and with Fanny, planned the decor. Clip boards would have been in evidence. Isabelle would have initially been filled with scepticism (Oh but Stephanieeee, it's a dirty garage!) but was won round by Fanny's bubbly enthusiasm that they could save tons of money by not hiring a proper party marquee. Table cloths, serving utensils, the third best flatware, paper napkins (from gift grabs), flowers and which plates to eat off would have all been Snorty's idea. The seating arrangements would have taken days and involved cut out bits of paper on a chart, so thicko Fanny would have been able to visualise it all. Countless trips to the attic with Fanny would have taken place, but every item chosen for the layout would have come from Philip. Each time he had yet another idea, Fanny would have extolled his virtues to Isabelle, thereby reinforcing how essential he is in her eyes to the smooth running of the dump. And he went to bed very happy every night, believing his place at the shitoo is secure. No-one in this story lives happily ever after though, because everyone has their own little agenda and all the life, love and laughter can't hide the fact that deep down, no-one, not a single person and not even Fanny, truly likes Philip.
Oh my (patreon) daze. I thought I was reading an Enid Blyton Famous Five novel the way your post started. Bravo, kudos @Iolair excellent synopsis 😘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Thank you @Jeeves to point this out to us...The rainbow drawn by children, which Her Majesty pointed out in this video..as a sign of hope...appeared above Windsor Castle tonight..

I think its a difficult time for the Uk...and not only the Uk...the whole world has a huge challenge ahead.. Today a beacon of hope left us..its not only felt this way in the Uk ..King Charles has a difficult task to fill her footsteps...I read some comments inhere about Camilla...i met her a few times...I have to say i like her...but for all the people who dont like her...i want to say...the prospect for her.. being Queen consort is the most difficult task she is ever going to face...

I sometimes think the tradition we follow here in The Netherlands isnt such a bad thing...A monarchy who wants to keep relevant must be in the hands of a young generation..I dont think Charles will step aside...but it would be the best thing to do...to keep the monarchy relevant not only now..but for the future...I think a monarchy can be very usefull...when it keeps relevant en modern..I dont see it that way...with a monarch who is 73 and a queen consort who hates to be queen consort and all the things that come with it...there is a huge difference being Duchess of Cornwall or Queen consort...if she doesnt want to work hard...that is both of them...they will destroy the monarchy...They cant be King and Queen in name..and let the Cambridges do the work...
I like Camilla, I hope Charles will become a popular monarch, William and Katherine are already showing the same dedication to the country as the queen did. I didn't think I'd be as upset at her passing as I am 😥 but there you go. I hope she's resting peacefully, or zipping about the stars having a ball!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
My dear Summerbaby, THANK YOU THANK YOU ❤ 💓Once again I must acknowlege what a great decision it was to join this group! Actually the first time I joined a forum, and I was lucky. Well, after all this was the great SJ's magic. Without her knowing, so many intelligent, highly sensitive, clever, cultivated, empathic people gathered together, driven by a same sense of justice and indignation for her life as a scammer and as a compulsive liar. And I too have learned so much from all of you, from your skills, from your comments, from your wit, from the unbelievable amount of specialized information you pour daily on these pages.

Well, yes, I realized I am a much stronger woman than I thought, but I must say that, despite that "Mummy dearest" of a monster, I had an opposite example who inspired me so much, and that was my father. A great man, loving, caring, and an intellectual genius. He died when I was only 25, but has always been my source of inspiration and strength along with my son.
It wasn't hard to help those grieving parents, those teachers and young people, actually it was quite selfish, as by helping them I helped myself and in the young people with suicidal tendencies I always saw my son, so it was as if I was helping him as well.

I'd like to know about the books you mentioned, if you can give me their titles. My book is a novel, not an academic study of course. It took me many years to start writing, as you can imagine. I wrote other things in the meantime. The black blob was still very hard, but I wrote bits and pieces and finally, since she died, writing has become so much easier. It is fiction, but the plot is already there. I mean, she did so much that I have material for a sequel! I only need to put it into a literary form.
Well, I hope you will be able to read it, because it would mean that it would be translated into English and become a success!
Indeed today malignant narcissims is becoming a very popular subject, but often people talk about it in a very superficial and uninformed manner. So, as you say, it is important to give the necessary instruments to have a deeper and more true knowledge in order to recongnize its signs and protect themselves.

Talking of Oscar Wilde, I don't know if anybody has ever said that Alfred Douglas, "Bosie", that monster of a human being, was the classical example of a malignant narc. And, if it weren't for Bosie, who dragged him into hell and ruined his life, poor Oscar would have never ended like that.
There is a wonderful book about Wilde's life and family, by the Irish poet Gerry Hanberry everybody should read, "More Lives than One. The Remarkable Wilde Family Through the Generations", where the author brings some secrets documents explaining many things about the shameful process and the court's corruption that ended in Wilde's conviction.
Amazon product
I totally agree, Wilde was 100% the victim at the hand of Bosie. Who, imho, was also the victim of a dysfunctional family dynamic himself. Sins of thy father springs to my mind - or more simply put, we learn by example!
Ok, my friend's books are featured here on Amazon :
Amazon.com: Jackson MacKenzie: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle
Hope it helps.
Take care. :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Brenda’s Original Post

What are the most important things in life?
To be healthy, happy & kind would be a fairly good trio of assets to start with.
I am always saying, do things that make you happy. For some of us that might be, reading, cooking, supporting a football team or maybe even scaling very tall buildings half naked!! to name a few. Not all of us will enjoy those topics & will shudder at the thought of having to endure them....but then of course we are blessed with choice, the ability to choose to do what we want.
Most members here have a few common threads, the love of all things French, Chateaux with a special emphasis on Chateau de Lalande. Without a doubt there are many members of society who would cry at the thought of having to endure our chosen topics, just as I would struggle to play a game of bingo, attend a football match or go for a cycle. However, I couldn't see myself going onto a social platform to scandalise & ridicule the people who do, nor would I get on a soap box about the way the football clubs etc are managed, how they attract members or indeed what profit they make off them. Again we have a choice, watch the game in the local pub, watch the game at home using a streaming service, watch the game live @ stadium or buy the latest jersey & watch the game @ the stadium. All these choices come with a price tag, as with any hobby.
It is much the same for us, we can watch The Chateau Diaries on You Tube plus we have the added bonus to become patrons...that is our choice, it won't be everyone's choice for different reasons.
However, if you get enjoyment out of being a Patron & it makes you happy...that is all that counts.Embrace it & participate. You only have to justify your choices to yourself & your God, no one else.
Since records began there have always been people who enjoy judging others....it is their hobby, one that has increased in popularity with the internet. We will never change it, just as we can't change the stripes on a zebra. Is it right or is it wrong, is it jealousy is it this or that.....I don't think we should beat ourselves up about it. If it makes them happy...let them batter on
We too will batter on, continuing to enjoy what makes us happy.
Life is too short to spend it getting our knickers in a twist over what someone else thinks....especially strangers.....

Response from Neil
Well said! I made a long comment about patrons complaining about the fact that they didn’t see what they paid for.
In the nicest of terms I explained they had misunderstood the terms of being a patron. They didn’t determine what was shown, the content was determined by Stephanie or the other YOuTuber putting out the vlogs. To think that you are a patron and as a result can determine and drive the content is completely the opposite to what being a patron is.
I’m a lowly patron but the disgusting comments I’ve seen have made me really despise the way they think their money they’ve freely donated should drive the content and the restoration of the chateaux. It doesn’t, never did, never will. To think that your donation will drive content shows that you have completely misunderstood what being a patron means both now and historically.
Da Vinci was patroned by the Medici yet they never told him how to paint, they gave him a subject and he painted it in his own way.
Patrons donate freely and that should allow the chatelaine to use the money for the necessary work or restoration needed. To demand to see restoration projects in progress is not what you pay for. You will be regularly shown, often monthly where your money has been spent but that doesn’t mean that you get to see it. There are other contracts involved.
Owning a chateau and it’s up keep is expensive as is it’s restoration. Our donations as patron are very carefully accounted for and spent carefully. To suggest otherwise is a slur on Stephanie’s accountability. She has been nothing but transparent with the use of her patron donations.
She doesn’t need to be so open about the spending of her own money such as the monetisation of the diary vlogs and does so transparently on Cadeaux at the Chateau purely as she wishes to give back to the community that have been so generous to her.
Patrons, no one is forcing you to donate. Your donations are for the chatelaine to do with as is needed and it’s their decision to report transparently to the patrons where their money is spent. You don’t have the right to drive content, demand to see progress on projects or make demands on what should or shouldn’t be done.
We are financial supporters and that is all we are.
I for one patron am delighted to receive an extra video a week and know where my money was spent. Providing its going to the betterment of La Lande and its community I am so very happy that I’m making a difference.

Brenda to Neil
I understand where you are coming from. Patreon is a subscription we pay to enable creators to have a steady income in order to allow them to pursue a creative career that would not be possible without that income stream. In return, we receive exclusive content relating to the creator. That income belongs to the creator, as patrons we have no say what so ever how they spend or save it, as long as we receive content we have no grounds to groan, if we don't enjoy the content, unsubscribe, its a monthly system so cancelling is easy. Stephanie however done something very unique from day 1 of her patreon, she pledged that she would use all her patreon income to restore the chateau. This was not only a good marketing tool, it also gave patrons a feeling that they were part of the restoration team at Lalande. Each month goals would be set to raise a certain amount plus patrons would vote on what the next project should be. This level of inclusion has given some people the impression they have a greater say. Stephanie has come under fire, & some very unkind comments have been made that she is funding the restoration of her home through donations. This is very untrue, & inaccurate. Stephanie has NEVER set up go fund me type appeal. Just like Sky we sign up to a certain package, we pay a subscription we view the channels within our package, Patreon is the same.....I often wonder did Rupert Murdock get the same scrutiny when he had a 39% stake in Sky!!! Stephanie uses the restoration of Lalande for her content, but, what projects she decides to undertake, how she project manages it , is her sole decision....well maybe Isabelle has a casting vote!!, just as a Sky subscriber has no influence over what programs Sky purchases!. On a personal note, I do not think Stephanie should provide any accounts to Patrons.

Neil to Escape to Chateau de Lalande & More
I’m unsure what you are telling me. Am I out of line for saying what I did?
Please explain what I said was wrong as I’m fully supporting Stephanie and La Lande.

Brenda to Neil
no you are not wrong,absolutely not, I am only explaining 1st the concept of Patreon, because people out there do believe it is a donation platform, & some believe they are donating to a project. Stephanie made a pact with herself & her patrons that she would use her income from her Patreon channel to fund the restoration on the chateau. Then, I was just explaining why some patrons will come across as if they have a "say" in the order of things, if you watch the earlier patreon vlogs, where there were monthly targets etc. More recently larger projects have been undertaken which have been time intensive, for example The Marquis suite. Some people were upset because we didn't see the ongoing progress of this & had to wait until it was aired on C4. Some people felt short changed. The truth of the matter is that program has a global viewership, which in turn highlights The Chateau Diaries channel & Patreon maintaining & helping their support grow. The cost of this exposure on a rate card basis would be prohibitive. Therefore it is an excellent commercial decision to contribute to the series. It was just unfortunate that this project was very labour intensive, very much worth it I am sure we can agree. Of course Stephanie wants to keep everyone happy, but sometimes it is not possible to make an omelette unless we crack the eggs. No you were not wrong, I am just highlighting views from every perspective.We should just watch & enjoy the content as it is available & as you say place no pressure on anyone.

Then ANOTHER person joins in.

When people get notoriety people get jealous. The smear videos are like the National inquirer they get traction off of Stephanie’s notoriety .
So what right do they get to complain when they are using Stephanie’s own work to get monetized.
But the jokes on them even negative press drives up Stephanie’s social media and YouTube channel.
Psalm23:5

You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings.

And Stephanie sows goodness . She takes gifts and gives back by opening them on air . Sowing into Charities.

She helps her fellow Chateau owners and their Channels.

Stephanie understands
A secret of sowing kindness . Videography is hard work. The software a learning curve Video equipment hard work.
Waiting on upload can be hours especially if YouTube glitches.

If you listen to Chateau DIY just electrics and water and heat start at 6000 a month to run a basic Chateaux some up to 15,000. That’s just the monthly expenses .
Hello, my name is Reader's digest and I am a tattler!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Basically, to save you reading, he has duck all emotional level qualifications.

OLIVER STRONG Managing Partner
Ollie is the Co-Founder and a Managing Partner of Intelligent Emotion with a passion for helping organisations from all sectors shift internal communications and engagement firmly into the role of critical strategic enabler. He loves to get the creative mind buzzing – generally helped by several dozen skinny lattes.

With nearly 20 years’ experience in internal communications, change communications, engagement, investor relations, employer branding and external communications, Oliver has been trusted advisor to FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 executives, from travel, to property, to automotive and financial services. He has led global communications teams and has picked up awards along the way, most notably the overall CIPD Winners Award while leading the global internal communications and engagement function at RSA Insurance.

Oliver has a BA in Modern History from Oxford University and was drawn to communications through research for his Masters dissertation at Durham University. He lives with his growing tribe in Cambridge and to unwind can be found in his art studio doing battle with oils.

😂
Oh dear,

CAMILLA LEYLAND Ops and Administration

Camilla is a former journalist, conference organiser and yoga teacher who is now turning her many talents to supporting the Intelligent Emotion team.

Camilla looks after Intelligent Emotion’s bookkeeping, invoicing and expenses and she also provides hands on project support where required with things like event logistics. Camilla has a first-class Masters’ degree in Near and Middle Eastern Studies from SOAS.
So in other words they hold titles as master bullshitters in communications 😆😆😆 no wonder he’s a jack of all trades master of NONE 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I honestly think she didn’t use anything nice because she’s worried people would run off with a momento. And they can’t search everyone’s purse or pocket
So buy a nice set of pottery ware, or use the Valentine china she got from Emmaus and doesn't want.

Reactions: 9
I hate the sticker name tags. I wouldn’t wear it. For a very, very affordable price, Stephanie, or someone, could have had peacock lanyards and VIP name badges made. Could have had their picture, name, where they are from, patron level and how long they’ve been a patron. The guests would have eaten that up and so would we. It would have had a 1 billion percent better perceived value and it would be something the patrons could keep and treasure. A missed opportunity.

Something like these below, but CD themed.

View attachment 1562790

*You witches missed out on Tartlet Days, September 6, 7 & 8 in Key West, Florida. It would have been amazing.
You didn't send us your badges so we thought it's cancelled 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I follow a few you tube channels and they have ALL postponed tonight's vlogs, except Fanny. I will not watch on principle. Whether you agree with Monarchy or not she has been a superb Queen and did her duty as she vowed.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
It’s been lovely reading the sympathetic comments from the nonBrits on here …. Thank you for allowing us to derail on an historic & sad day 🙏🏻

I don’t know if this has been posted before but it’s a lovely retelling of a funny situation which portrays the mischievous spirit of the lady ….I bet she really enjoyed these rare moments of anonymity.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I follow a few you tube channels and they have ALL postponed tonight's vlogs, except Fanny. I will not watch on principle. Whether you agree with Monarchy or not she has been a superb Queen and did her duty as she vowed.
I couldn’t watch that tonight. I’d end up throwing my iPad at the wall. It just sums her up though doesn’t it.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.