The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m an American and I can’t imagine a world without Queen Elizabeth Ii. After so many years of service, may she rest In peace.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
No way! I didn't even realize it......thanks to you and all of the others here who make this site the joy that it is. We are all VIPS in my eyes....and I learn so much from each of you. While Lalande brought us here and unites us, I like to feel that kindness and caring also rule the day, no matter our differences in thought or life experience!

@The Simple Life - I appreciate you and the story you shared and I am sorry about the passing of your son. We never know how our words and actions can affect someone else; your story is a reminder about that.
Congratulatons xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Not the end of an era. It's the end of the Second Elizabethan Age.
Lady C posted a video announcing the Queen has died. Then, while I was watching it she pulled the video. I'm convinced that she's dead and they are arranging things behind the scenes before it's announced.
i think the Queen had died a few hours ago, and they were waiting for family to arrive before announcing it. RIP Your Majesty

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I agree with your statement. My mother's presence is stronger in my life now than when she was physically here. It's different though. She's so much more than my mother, she's a part of the ever expanding universe as we all are. I take great solace from the teachings of the Buddha even though I never refer to myself as a Buddhist. We are and always will be. That's just my personal belief system, not for everyone, that's fine. To each his/her/undeclared own.
Energy never dies, it merely transforms.. we are all energy and are all connected. Spiritual beings having a human experience. 🥰

• Heart
PM confirms that the King will take the regnal name of King Charles III.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Energy never dies, it merely transforms.. we are all energy and are all connected. Spiritual beings having a human experience. 🥰
We are all connected through that energy. That is why when someone that has touched our lives, whether in person or not dies or leaves their body as I like to think of it, we feel so deeply their passing. I find it rather callous when people say, "But you didn't even know her." Well, maybe I did, maybe we all did in that connection that all sentient beings have.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Just announced that Harry's wife will not be joining the family at Balmoral today. I don't believe that she'd be welcomed , especially at this time.
Nicholas Witchell the BBC Royal Correspondent is so pants he keeps talking about the Queen in the past tense. I imagine that we are just waiting on Harry now

No worries xxxx
Nicholas is awful. He thinks he is royal. Once he became ‘ royal correspondent’ his voice and annunciation changed!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
@Le Baiseur, I took a screenshot of this and sent it to my husband, Mum, kids, Mom and sister… thank you❤. My kids are youngish… my daughter made sure their school had lowered our Canadian flag! Their Dad is British and the Queen is much loved in our household.
2B7819C7-D9BF-440B-81CC-8C170996B638.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Prefer Times of London coverage.
They are a newspaper/online. I am talking about broadcast media.
BBC Coverage of the Queen's Coronation brought the nation together.
Loads of people didn't have TVs in their own homes.10.4 million people watched in homes of friends and neighbours, 1.5 million watched in public places like pubs and cinemas. The BBC coverage of the event included cameras installed inside Westminster Abbey for the first time. It was the most ambitious & technically difficult broadcast they had ever tackled. The Queen gave her permission for this departure, against official advice - revealing the monarchy's willingness to move with the times.

The BBC's Coronation coverage was broadcast around the world. In the United States 85 million people watched recordings of the highlights, while in Germany all 11 hours of coverage were transmitted. Reaction to the broadcasts was overwhelmingly positive. With competition from ITV only 3 years away, the BBC established an early lead as the trusted and reliable broadcaster of national events.
The organisation, the attention to detail, the preparation, the history etc behind these major events both on the ground when the funeral will be filmed & the news coverage over the next couple of days shows a high standard IMO.
Maybe this little bit of footage might show what I mean & it's a nice clip showing a bit of the young Queen. RIP.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I like to think that she is finally free, truly free for the first time in her life. It makes me less sad to think of her riding one of her beloved horse into the horizon and the next world.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
I like to think that she is finally free, truly free for the first time in her life. It makes me less sad to think of her riding one of her beloved horse into the horizon and the next world.
My exact thought. She can go be a country lady washing the dishes with Philip.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I honestly never expected to be this sad about the Queen’s passing but I am fighting back tears. I personally don’t see the point of a monarchy in the modern world but all of that aside….much respect to the Queen for a life lived in the service of others. For her seemingly genuine humility. For being a constant in our lives. I am sad not only for her passing but also because I don’t think we will see her equal and her loss will be felt. My heart goes out to the people of the United Kingdom and everyone who loved her.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I have just read that if the Queen dies in Scotland (Balmoral) - Operation Unicorn comes into play involving initial transfer to Holyrood Palace in Edinburgh prior to onward transfer to England where London Bridge takes over. Just a snippet of extra info for those interested.
Yes that is correct

• Heart
Reactions: 12
We are all connected through that energy. That is why when someone that has touched our lives, whether in person or not dies or leaves their body as I like to think of it, we feel so deeply their passing. I find it rather callous when people say, "But you didn't even know her." Well, maybe I did, maybe we all did in that connection that all sentient beings have.
It's true... time is but a blink of an eye.. it's like the feeling you have when you meet a stranger but feel as if you know them. I believe that when we leave our physical bodies, our energy, spirit, vibration call it what you will, returns to the vastness of time and space that is the Universe, metaphysical and by doing so connects with the millions of energy particles that it holds. It is highly probable that this stranger that you meet connected and merged with your particles of energy and left an imprint within. I'm not sure if this makes sense but the fact is everything is vibrational, nothing is solid.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I just want to say, that you are an exceptionally, remarkable and extremely strong woman to have come out the other side after what you personally experienced, AND, then went on to use your knowledge for the greater good for others. No mean feat and it must have been absolutely personally doubly heart breaking on many occasions all over again for you to do so too.
Reading your story touched me to my core and I too cried for you and the loss of your son. Words really did fail me. 💕
I have always felt that many Tattlers are here simply because they had previously encountered Ns in their own lives - true integrity and justice are very high on my list of anybody being tolerated within my life these days - actions speak far louder than any words uttered, no doubt about it!
Once truly bitten, we recognise the signs/red flags and behavioural patterns all too easily once we have educated ourselves, gone through some kind of therapy (a given) and, at the end of all that, are therefore far more aware of the " N-type".
I would be really interested in your book once you have completed writing please.
I personally know an author of 2 books published by an internationally, well known publishing house (from memory, Penguin), of his own personal experience on the subject. No way on an academic level, but truly enlightening for anybody at the very beginning of their N awareness journey, e.g. constant denial, giving multiple second chances, added to which, the mind blowing cognitive dissonance - you know what I mean!
SJ and IJ are defo classic Ns imho! And, every N in my personal experience, are 100% greedy and materialistic too - just like they are. I have always stated, "what a way to live your life?". Just full of scheming/manipulation and jealousy, lacking in any kind of empathy for others and, most importantly, totally joyless in reality - all the while, they hide behind their public mask!
I have for years thought of N'ism as being truly depicted by Oscar Wilde's, The Picture of Dorian Gray.
All power to you @The Simple Life. :love:
My dear Summerbaby, THANK YOU THANK YOU ❤ 💓Once again I must acknowlege what a great decision it was to join this group! Actually the first time I joined a forum, and I was lucky. Well, after all this was the great SJ's magic. Without her knowing, so many intelligent, highly sensitive, clever, cultivated, empathic people gathered together, driven by a same sense of justice and indignation for her life as a scammer and as a compulsive liar. And I too have learned so much from all of you, from your skills, from your comments, from your wit, from the unbelievable amount of specialized information you pour daily on these pages.

Well, yes, I realized I am a much stronger woman than I thought, but I must say that, despite that "Mummy dearest" of a monster, I had an opposite example who inspired me so much, and that was my father. A great man, loving, caring, and an intellectual genius. He died when I was only 25, but has always been my source of inspiration and strength along with my son.
It wasn't hard to help those grieving parents, those teachers and young people, actually it was quite selfish, as by helping them I helped myself and in the young people with suicidal tendencies I always saw my son, so it was as if I was helping him as well.

I'd like to know about the books you mentioned, if you can give me their titles. My book is a novel, not an academic study of course. It took me many years to start writing, as you can imagine. I wrote other things in the meantime. The black blob was still very hard, but I wrote bits and pieces and finally, since she died, writing has become so much easier. It is fiction, but the plot is already there. I mean, she did so much that I have material for a sequel! I only need to put it into a literary form.
Well, I hope you will be able to read it, because it would mean that it would be translated into English and become a success!
Indeed today malignant narcissims is becoming a very popular subject, but often people talk about it in a very superficial and uninformed manner. So, as you say, it is important to give the necessary instruments to have a deeper and more true knowledge in order to recongnize its signs and protect themselves.

Talking of Oscar Wilde, I don't know if anybody has ever said that Alfred Douglas, "Bosie", that monster of a human being, was the classical example of a malignant narc. And, if it weren't for Bosie, who dragged him into hell and ruined his life, poor Oscar would have never ended like that.
There is a wonderful book about Wilde's life and family, by the Irish poet Gerry Hanberry everybody should read, "More Lives than One. The Remarkable Wilde Family Through the Generations", where the author brings some secrets documents explaining many things about the shameful process and the court's corruption that ended in Wilde's conviction.
Amazon product

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.