The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate this about the media... the intensity and speculation during a tragic situation. Yet, we watch and wait for updates. I think we have been numbed to other people's grief and misfortune because there is SO MUCH OF IT broadcast, day in and day out. Some days, I don't feel proud to be human. I was watching a program on the History channel to do with the Roman Colosseum--what horror people inflicted on other people (throughout history)! And we still do this today (well, it's a minority--I gotta believe the majority wouldn't cause suffering and death to others). And now, this family is coming together to be with a much-loved monarch/mother/grandmother who is not well, and we have news stations suspending all broadcasting for what... a death watch? These reporters are digging up anything and everything to fill the airspace while we wait for her to die? It's quite disturbing. Best wishes to the Queen and her family. I hope she rallies. ❤
and yet they keep saying we must not speculate... most of them are already dressed in black, why wasn't it suffice to report the doctors statement and leave it at that until such time there was anything else to report. Most stupidest question I have heard today 'What can we expect'? Update, new is Queen Elizabeth the 2nd has passed... May she RIP.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I have loved the Royal family since I was a child and was so crazy about them when Will and Harry were born that my dream job was to be their nanny. I love the queen so much and I'm truly sad to the point of tears to hear she's passed. My condolences to all you Brits for whom this even more impact.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Harry is going by himself.
Indeed.
After Markle's threat to spill more beans in The Cut interview, I suspect William has said absolutely not. She goes, or I go.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Blimey not a royalist but really crying she has been around all our lives-a tumultuous time for the Royals ahead. RIP Our country is in a right mess already this is very very sad because she was even working two days ago can you imagine

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
1662658914025.png

I'm a little more shaken than I expected to be. In the past few years she has really endeared herself to me, I'll miss her.
She was a constant in most of our lives around the globe and leaves behind some enormous, sensible shoes to fill.
https://youtu.be/ZZRP70zMHgo

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
Yes I am aware of the London Bridge process ...I posted about it earlier. I have direct knowledge of the procedures surrounding these large events without revealing real life details.
To re-iterate I am not a Royalist so I don't care who said what about whom. I think this is the end of the monarchy in it's current form which is pretty momentous. I was pointing out that this is not JUST news. This is massive news. If you're not interested in the coverage then that is entirely your prerogative to not watch it. I am interested in it from a professional perspective & also how our news outlets are good at reporting on these types of events. Also in how the funeral will be covered beautifully.
Prefer Times of London coverage.

Reactions: 4
Thinking so much of my mother today, she died in my arms at 96 and was in good health until she decided it was time. God bless our gracious queen

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Queen Elizabeth II will definitely be recognised as being one of our most fabulous, dedicated queens, EVER, in British History.
God rest her soul! :cry:

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
This American is also in tears. She was not just the Commonwealth's Sovereign, she was an extraordinary human being. 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Even in her 90s, HMQ was still able to lead her people by example.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.